Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3d Max Modelling Tips

+76
DESIÑO
m_cronin
nyakunam
june_nhar
ijestan
feelathome
hotarubi
JMO
abed
bongskeigle
Neil Joshua Rosario
kensweb
jomztin13
edosayla
nerie014
micoliver1226
brecky
bunny_blue06
jessieperedo@yahoo.com
vincent bevskelly f. viaj
jc01
rigor_vasquez
jparaiso
nerak_zuproc
Naruse8
ARNEL_PRO
brodger
Tororista
florenles
Norman
andro111985
bing1370
genesisg23
anthony_als
darkbeauty
kaLoi
fpj999
gambi
archi_ram
jhames joe albert infante
araic
ortzak
deosrock
boiling
westcoastwindblow
RADZCREEPER
nomeradona
Kaberto
nadzk3t09
a.espinosa
alwin
ytsejeffx
armageddon7380
charles_manson
arkitrix
OwpieH
onzki
zildian_nico
master_grayback
demonpepper
bokkins
Santiago3
Stryker
jovanie_
crayzard
archie.l
Galen
Butz_Arki
v_wrangler
Joaquin
darrelljay
manex
jean7
redrobinrules
pixelburn
render master
80 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Empty 3d Max Modelling Tips

Post by render master Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:56 am

First topic message reminder :

I will be starting this modelling thread... lagay ko mga modelling tips. And kung may mga request kayo, post nyo lang here. so stay tune lang here
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 3274
Registration date : 27/09/2008

Back to top Go down

3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Empty Re: 3d Max Modelling Tips

Post by Santiago3 Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Uy, maraming salamat sa feedback ser v_wrangler Smile
Swak angmga tips mo ser.

Santiago3
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 16/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by crayzard Wed May 06, 2009 9:55 pm

yup agree with sir roy.. mas okey pa den na i chamfer talga sya kay sa vray edge texture pag malapit ang camera masyadong obvious.. na fake
crayzard
crayzard
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 29/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryker Wed May 06, 2009 10:13 pm

sir onel sana makapag post din tau ng mga tutorials on modeling a house/building. e.g two storey house... how to do it simple and fast... kasi ako nasanay ako s autocad ko i-model then link lang s max... parang nagiging taga render ko n lang ang max thru vray.... hope to see more tutorials here on modeling TIA thumbsup
Stryker
Stryker
The Architect
The Architect

Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 12/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Wed May 06, 2009 10:28 pm

Stryker wrote:sir onel sana makapag post din tau ng mga tutorials on modeling a house/building. e.g two storey house... how to do it simple and fast... kasi ako nasanay ako s autocad ko i-model then link lang s max... parang nagiging taga render ko n lang ang max thru vray.... hope to see more tutorials here on modeling TIA thumbsup

Meron tayo nyan dito bro. ito ang link.
http://www.cgpinoy.org/3d-studio-max-tutorials-f46/interior-and-exterior-complete-t52.htm

Saka wag mo rin maliitin ang power ng cad. actually kong madevelop nila ang vray for cad, baka hindi mo na kailanganin ang max. prang SU+Vray din. Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by demonpepper Thu May 07, 2009 12:23 am

hi sir ronel, thanks sa thread na'to laking tulong to sa amin na bagohan
request ko po pano gamitin ang unit setup
at ano po ang importance nito interms of modeling, does affect the size of file?

Salamat din po ky sir v_wrangler, for sharing his experience and advice.
demonpepper
demonpepper
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 25/02/2009

http://vmaxrealshop.carbonmade.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryker Thu May 07, 2009 12:38 am

sir boks nde naman s minamaliit ko ung power ng cad.... napakapowerful ng cad.. 2d and 3d. gusto ko lang matuto ng ibat ibang techniques ng modeling s max... architectural modeling ba. kasi minsan parang nagkakaron ng eror s max cause by modeling s cad... correct me if im wrong... nakita ko n ung tuts na yan sir... gusto ko lang din makakuha ng mga techniques ng mga master natin dito on how they do it fast and good modeling... im amazed of some masters here doing some superb output in just an ample of time given... kaya natuwa ako ng gumawa ng ganitong thread si sir onel... and anjan din si sir vertex to advice more for the newbies.... anyways sir hope na maexplore pa natin tong modeling thread na to.. nde lang naman siguro ako magbebenefit dito... ung iba din...
and hope madevelop nga din ung vray for cad... thanks for some advices sir... haba na neto hehehe peace man
Stryker
Stryker
The Architect
The Architect

Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 12/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Thu May 07, 2009 1:37 am

Santiago3 wrote:If I may add my .2 cents doon sa corner/edge smoothing.

In case lang you are using Mental Ray as your renderer... If not, you can ignore this post Smile

Merong feature ang Arch+Viz material ng MR to mimmic the looks of chamfered corners.
It is called "Rounded Corners". It is just a rendering trick to simulate the looks of chamfered corners, like the example above.
Minsan kasi, kung hindi malapit ang objects sa camera, we dont really have to "invest" on more polygons for this purpose. It means magaan sa rendering.
Smile

thanks for sharing. i made it possible sa material composition tips, but for the sake of others, lagay ko na rin
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Mat-110
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Empty SHAPEMERGE TOOLS

Post by render master Thu May 07, 2009 2:16 am

The Shapemerge Tools

ShapeMerge creates a compound object consisting of a mesh object and one or more shapes. The shapes are either embedded in the mesh, altering the edge and face patterns, or subtracted from the mesh.
]3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-1610

Procedures
1. Create a mesh object and one or more shapes
2. Align the shapes in the viewport so they can be projected toward the surface of the mesh object.
3. Select the mesh object, and click the ShapeMerge button.
4. Click Pick Shape, and then select the shape.
The geometry of the surface of the mesh object is altered to embed a pattern matching that of the selected shape.

ShapeMerge Samples
Supposed I want to put a relics design on these wineglass
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-110

-First i created a foliage design out of spline

-Select the glass model, then go to Compound Objects and press Shapemerge, then press on pick shape and pick the foliage design on my viewport. The design will now mark on the glass model.
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-210

-Now to see and isolate the imprinted design on the glass, select the model and convert it to poly or mesh, then select polygon. it will automatically highlight the design.
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-310

-Then extrude
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-410

-Rendered Image
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-510

Another Shapemerge Samples - Irregular Shape Swimming Pool

-Supposed you want to model a swimming pool, Shapemerge tools comes handy on this.
A plane model
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-610

-A swimming Pool Irregular Shape just a spline
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-710

- Move the slpine up a bit then use shapemerge tools
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-810

- convert it to poly, polygon select
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-910

-Extrude it up ( for Pool border tiles thickness)
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-1010

-Then inset ( border tiles width)
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-1110

-Then extrude it down ( pool depth)
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-1210

-While still selected, press SHIFT and drag it up ( for pool water)
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-1410

-Chamfered the edges, accessorized. In about 5 minutes you will now have this swimming pool
3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Sm-1510

Last edited by render master on Thu May 07, 2009 2:55 am; edited 2 times in total
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by master_grayback Thu May 07, 2009 2:18 am

sir....meron kana ba napost ng tutorial about table cloth? ung simple at madaling masundan 2thumbsup
master_grayback
master_grayback
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 11/10/2008

https://s383.photobucket.com/albums/oo274/master_grayback/?albumv

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu May 07, 2009 4:24 am

Since I am a sucker for clean meshes and edge loops - I do not advice the use of shapemerge because it produce random edges which makes your mesh ugly and difficult to modify. If all you need is to match the contours of a base object to another like that of the tire example;

Use conform
Or do not model at all, use a simple surface and use opacity maps.

Some people think that a good modeler should be able to come up with a single mesh, wrong. You'll get more praises from animators if you are able to create models whose polygons can stand any form of distortion. Which means, less or no triads but four sided polygons.

Why four sided polyss you ask - that's because they deform well specially if subdivided using smoothing algorithms like meshsmooth or turbosmooth.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pixelburn Thu May 07, 2009 4:37 am

sir render master salamat sa "TIPS", this will be of great help para sa aming architectural visualizers..
thumbsup
pixelburn
pixelburn
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1436
Registration date : 09/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by pixelburn Thu May 07, 2009 4:55 am

sir V. salamat din po sa info,,, ill also try , conform and make use of opacity map, sa material!!!! Godbless!!
pixelburn
pixelburn
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1436
Registration date : 09/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by zildian_nico Thu May 07, 2009 5:34 am

ito lng po akin sir pano.....ng detail roof corrugated....?

salamat pohh.....
zildian_nico
zildian_nico
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 17/03/2009

Back to top Go down

3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Empty Modelling Techniques for/during Project Revision (not boolean)

Post by onzki Fri May 08, 2009 4:32 pm

wow.. katuwa naman mga sharing of info dito. very helpful! im just new to 3d also, now, just starting to study vray. basa basa muna.. anyway-

To render master:

sir- request ko sana if you have time to post:
Since madalas ko maexperience at expected narin talaga ang revisions sa projects lalo na pag ang bosing ay pabago-bago isip! grrr.. hehe(joke lang mga boss) peace man -
sample ka naman ng fast possible "techniques in revision modelling" but NOT through "boolean process" ..for example -an existing window opening to be revised into something like a different type of windows, perhaps a door or back to solid wall.. or biglang naextend na part ng structure.. or maybe existing roof na tapos biglang pinagawan ng attic with dormer window, etc.. so biglang nabago ung roof.. anyway- i know you get what i mean. any scenario that obviously makikita ang revision. kayo napo ang bahala..
pero kung pwede po, wag boolean.. medyo hindi ako amazed sa pag-gamit ng boolean. yun na lang sa technique na parang ginagawa nyo sa edit poly or merge shapes, etc.. inside those environment. sorry po kung demanding.. i think these might be very practical tut esp sa type ng work natin.

thanks a lot!!

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

onzki
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by darrelljay Fri May 08, 2009 6:00 pm

master pagclick ko poh sa chamfer walang segments na lumalabas kng san m ilalagay ung desired no. of segments .. panu poh un sir .... icon2figure muna poh ba bago poh lumabas o di po ba dahil sa version ng 3dmax? gamit ko poh 3dmax 9, patulong poh di ko po makuha ung chamfer tool talga.
thnks in advance godspeed.

marami pong salamat sa mga tuts ninyo poh dito master

darrelljay
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 25/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Sat May 09, 2009 1:21 am

darrelljay wrote:master pagclick ko poh sa chamfer walang segments na lumalabas kng san m ilalagay ung desired no. of segments .. panu poh un sir .... icon2figure muna poh ba bago poh lumabas o di po ba dahil sa version ng 3dmax? gamit ko poh 3dmax 9, patulong poh di ko po makuha ung chamfer tool talga.

i guess na ka mesh ang object mo.. try to convert it to poly then proceed sa chamfering procedures.
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by darrelljay Sat May 09, 2009 2:21 am

naconvert ko na poh sa editable poly ganun parin po xa master...

ewan ko ba kng bakit ayaw lumabas ung segments ung chamfer amount lang poh at ung pong open...anyway poh sir thnks ulit sa comment.

godspeed

darrelljay
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2009 2:22 am

darrelljay wrote:master pagclick ko poh sa chamfer walang segments na lumalabas kng san m ilalagay ung desired no. of segments .. panu poh un sir .... icon2figure muna poh ba bago poh lumabas o di po ba dahil sa version ng 3dmax? gamit ko poh 3dmax 9, patulong poh di ko po makuha ung chamfer tool talga.

bro i think wala talagang feature na segments ung chamfer tool ng 3dsmax version 9. added feature yan sa 3dsmax 2008 onwards...

Back to top Go down

Post by darrelljay Sat May 09, 2009 2:29 am

maraming salamt po master kietsmark try poh ako version 2009

godspeed poh

darrelljay
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sat May 09, 2009 4:50 am

onzki wrote:
Since madalas ko maexperience at expected narin talaga ang revisions sa projects lalo na pag ang bosing ay pabago-bago isip! grrr.. hehe(joke lang mga boss) peace man -
sample ka naman ng fast possible "techniques in revision modelling" but NOT through "boolean process" ..for example -an existing window opening to be revised into something like a different type of windows, perhaps a door or back to solid wall.. or biglang naextend na part ng structure.. or maybe existing roof na tapos biglang pinagawan ng attic with dormer window, etc.. so biglang nabago ung roof.. anyway- i know you get what i mean. any scenario that obviously makikita ang revision. kayo napo ang bahala..
pero kung pwede po, wag boolean.. medyo hindi ako amazed sa pag-gamit ng boolean. yun na lang sa technique na parang ginagawa nyo sa edit poly or merge shapes, etc.. inside those environment. sorry po kung demanding.. i think these might be very practical tut esp sa type ng work natin.

That's the beauty of 3dsmax modifier stack. You can always save the history of the modifier stack and come back to any of the modifiers at will.

There is no foolproof way to do what you expect because no one can tell at what point the range of modifications your boss might require you to do. What I could suggest is to learn to maintain the modifiers in the stack and collapse them only when you are sure that the mesh is already final. Personally, I do not collapse modifiers and instead save a collapsed version of the object for use in animation or rendering.

Whenever you make major edits to the object, always use an edit mesh or edit poly modifier and do the modifications there. Rename the modifier to something that would remind you what the action was about. Do not be afraid to add more mesh edit modifiers on top of another for any major topology modifications. 3dsmax was actually designed to handle multiple modifiers so have fun using them.

Doing this, you can always come back to a previous modifier that would return your object to its previous state. From here, you can make adjustments if your boss require you without starting from the very beginning.

The secret to efficient modeling is not technique really but being able to move from one state to another. Naming your modifiers and stacking them usefully is one. Using the HOLD feature is another.

When modeling objects, try to analyze the shape first and see if the form can be achieved by shapes and extrusion. This is particularly useful for enclosed walls with or without openings. Again, the beauty of extrusion is that you can always modify the spline shape later on by adding an edit spline yet maintaiing the parameters of the extrude modifier.

As for the person who asked about corrugated roofing. I bet it is a simple shape so rather than spoon feed you, I suggest learning about shapes and extrusion. And do the tutorials - I cannot stress how important that part is. You do not know what you're missing.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

3d Max Modelling Tips - Page 2 Empty reply to v_wrangler from onzki

Post by onzki Sat May 09, 2009 6:54 am

to v_wrangler:

Sir- Thank you, napakagandang insight ung nabanggit nyo. ok, ill keep that in mind. so para palang mga layers ng photoshop ung modifier stack (not exactly/technically the same) pero pwede maoverride ung model depende sa heirarchy or position ng modifiers.. ill try to learn and explore more about this modifier stack. thanks again for your sound and informative reply! solve ako dyan:) more power po sa inyo! taz

onzki
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by archie.l Mon May 11, 2009 7:26 pm

tnx so much sir,,, ngawa ko na,,, hehehe.. try ko naman fountain,, panu ba un?? hehehe. any suggestions sir?
archie.l
archie.l
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 19/04/2009

http://arcki123@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jean7 Tue May 12, 2009 3:35 am

sir v:
tnx much for d tips/workflow process u r sharing, very informative... keep it up sir... 2thumbsup

jean7
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 14/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Tue May 12, 2009 8:12 am

archie.l wrote:tnx so much sir,,, ngawa ko na,,, hehehe.. try ko naman fountain,, panu ba un?? hehehe. any suggestions sir?

see this one sir
>>> WATER FOUNTAIN TUTORIAL<<<
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by archie.l Fri May 15, 2009 7:33 pm

tnx po sir ng marami,,, laking tulong to