Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32 bit apps on a 64 bit OS???

+29
bicolano
phranq
Butz_Arki
3dpjumong2007
viTAMINs
v_wrangler
vuer12
brodger
ERICK
ruscadmcgyver
silvercrown
nomeradona
archie.l
corpsegrinder
render master
hotrod
bokkins
torvicz
ARCHITHEKTHURA
edosayla
Galaites07
rangalua
SunDance
arkiedmund
andro111985
pedio84
allnem
whey09
cloud20
33 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

32 bit apps on a 64 bit OS??? Empty 32 bit apps on a 64 bit OS???

Post by cloud20 Sat May 22, 2010 6:13 am

"tip po sa USA 64bit na lumalabas na bagong laptop and then mura pa, baka lang po meron kayong kilala although pwede din namang mag-order for shipment. Kapag 64-bit po ang gamit nyo wag po kayong mag-iinstall ng 64-bit na max kase gagamitin nya ung resources nyo di na kayo makakapag-multi task, 32 bit lang ganun din po kapag PC ang gamit nyo(by experience)."

---this statement was made hereabouts; I'm thinking its a bit "misleading". As one friend said; "why would I get a 64bit OS if not for its resources?"...
---but then the benefit of a doubt must be given; what's the general consensus on this?...

errrr... is this the right place to post this?...
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Number of posts : 3372
Registration date : 21/09/2008

Back to top Go down

32 bit apps on a 64 bit OS??? Empty Re: 32 bit apps on a 64 bit OS???

Post by whey09 Sat May 22, 2010 6:19 am

im using 64 bit max application on my 64 bit OS,,,wala naman problema,,nakakapag multi task naman ako like nung naka 32 nit OS ako.
whey09
whey09
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1869
Registration date : 02/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by allnem Sat May 22, 2010 6:33 am

same here master,,, 64bit os ,,, rendering same time texturing on other file plus cad file open
allnem
allnem
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1431
Registration date : 25/08/2009

http://www.draftzvisual.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pedio84 Sat May 22, 2010 7:15 am

your right sir cloud it's a bit misleading, if you install 32 bit program in a 64 bit os it will run like it was installed on a 32 bit os. Very Happy if your os is 64 bit much better yung ram mo ay 4 GB or more. Very Happy
pedio84
pedio84
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1421
Registration date : 09/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by andro111985 Sat May 22, 2010 7:46 am

siguro gani to yung nangyayari sa laptop ko.. kasi im using 64bit max and os.. with core i3 proccessor and 4gb ram pero kapag nagrerender ako hindi na ako makapagbukas ng another max sobrang bagal na nya.. wala po ba magiging problema sa ram issue sir kapag gumamit ako ng 32bit na max? i mean mari-read po ba nya yung 4gb ram ko even im using 32bit max only? TIA
andro111985
andro111985
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 15/04/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Sat May 22, 2010 7:52 am

I'm using a 64bit OS, and a 64bit application, but i can still browse the internet, and open my messenger. And I am running only on a quad core system. It slows down a bit, specially during render time, but still i can do some other stuff.

But probably if I am rendering out an animation, I will just leave my 3ds max open, while the rest of the other apps are closed.

There should be no problem with that, it's probably has something to do with your configuration or the apps and OS you are using....

Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by SunDance Sat May 22, 2010 7:55 am

it's a bit confusing, why would i buy a cheeseburger if i do not intend to eat the cheese that comes with it.... scratch
SunDance
SunDance
The Scavenger
The Scavenger

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 23/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by rangalua Sat May 22, 2010 8:06 am

I have 64 bit & 32 bit 3dsmax in an 64 bit OS...

Naranasan ko I have a max scene with larger polygons count:
with the same settings in vray inopen ko sa 64 & 32 bit 3ds max.

Pag sa 64 bit 3ds max naopen yung file halos di na ako makausad to modify my scene sobrang bagal sa viewport.

Pag sa 32 bit 3ds max naopen yung file swabe ang galaw...madaling mag-edit ng scene sa viewport

But the broblem is pag nagrender na ako sa 64 bit 3ds max tuloy tuloy..
sa 32 bit 3ds max naman nagkacrash ang application.

Ngayon: 64 bit 3ds max nalang nakainstall sa PC ko...Ayos na.
rangalua
rangalua
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 25/07/2009

http://rangaluastudio.carbonmade.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Sun May 23, 2010 5:10 am

Besides I'll be getting 64 bits FOR my design apps, not for multitasking on farmville or what not... I just wish people would be more careful with unsolicited advices...
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Sun May 23, 2010 5:52 am

oops nakarating na pala kung saan tong 32bit max sa 64OS.

-to all, info lang that this is my unsolicited advice from one of my thread to a certain memeber.

-only question is do you need more than 3.3 gig assign to your max rendering or do you have more than 3.3 gig intstalled physical ram on your 64 bit OS machine.

-of course MR. Bill gates will not discuss the great use of 32 bit software installed on a 64 bit because they will not be able to sell 64 bit programes they created.

- this comment I made indicating (by experience) if you like to try, try if not leave it. There is no harm in installing 32 bit/64 bit as we mostly install un-authorize copy(or its just me).

- be observant of how much ram does your rendering is taking and decide later.

-great post sir cloud

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 04/01/2010

http://galaites30.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Sun May 23, 2010 6:04 am

Question

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Sun May 23, 2010 11:52 am

Galaites07 wrote:oops nakarating na pala kung saan tong 32bit max sa 64OS.

-to all, info lang that this is my unsolicited advice from one of my thread to a certain memeber.

-only question is do you need more than 3.3 gig assign to your max rendering or do you have more than 3.3 gig intstalled physical ram on your 64 bit OS machine. ---of course I do need more than 3.3 gigs, I'll take a million please, if I could have them. Why? To keep abreast with the newest tech coming out. Is anyone still rendering with their pentium2's & 32 mb's of ram? Sure I could dish out a few with my 3.3's. Imagine what 12 could do for me. More production equals more profits, I don't think anybody could argue with that. Look around you, everyone's crying that their renders suck because "ito lang kasi nakayanan ng rig ko low settings lang mahina kasi rig ko"... Sure there are workarounds, but 12gigs is 12gigs man... Don't tell me you don't want it... Now supposing you have your 12gigs whatcha gonna do with it; watch it sit in your table while using your 32bit app on a 64 bit program? Your 32bit app will never recognize the extra 9 or so gigs wasting on your unit... Question answered?... Without being cryptic about it?...

-of course MR. Bill gates will not discuss the great use of 32 bit software installed on a 64 bit because they will not be able to sell 64 bit programes they created.---but you yourself said that it's great to install 32bit apps on a 64bit OS because by jeeliweekers, you can multitask!!! So everyone grab your copy of the 64bit OS because hey! you can supermultitask on this with just your 32bit apps!!! What a great deal huh!!! You don't have to buy 64 bit software just use your existing 32 bit apps!!! That would be Gates' selling pitch because he'd be targeting the 64bit AND the 32bit crowd. Most 32bit apps work on 64 anyways. And, if as you say Gates won't discuss it, its a hacker community out there, nothing is sacred to these guys they'll find out even BEFORE an app is released. And thanks to the internet, you'll find out too... So bye-bye "top secret"...

- this comment I made indicating (by experience) if you like to try, try if not leave it. There is no harm in installing 32 bit/64 bit as we mostly install un-authorize copy(or its just me).---the harm comes when the advised listens & it impedes their production... specially when the advise itself goes contrary to popular & logical explanation... Perhaps your comment would've been more use on other sites where they favor multitasking from being able to produce quality renderings in the least time possible so they can go on to the next render which is the norm on this site... Upside is, well, now you can farmville all you want for the rest of the day. Me, I'd rather hone my skills...

- be observant of how much ram does your rendering is taking and decide later.---enlighten me then; which will help me produce more: 3.3gigs or 12 gigs?...

-great post sir cloud---and great answer sir galaites; but still wanting...
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Sun May 23, 2010 11:52 am

Rolling Eyes
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Mon May 24, 2010 12:03 am

for someone who doenst still have the 12gig ram 64 bit machine, I will not take any advice from you (no offense).

I was using 64bit OS 2.2 gig processor and 8 gig of RAM. I say try/ recommend go for 32 bit max on 64 bit OS (no harm done). With the consideration to be observant of how much ram does your rendering is taking and decide later.

multi task for me means opening max/rendering one or two/ photoshop/Illustrator/ Outlook/ internet(thats include cgpinoy/evermotion)/ in one a time and browsing explorer plus continious downloads. Coz that what I need to do work/personal.

I am still innocent until proven that you max the use of 12gig ram on your rendering.

And I say my statement works for me until now and I have no problem with it.

So whats your point. Prove it first before you complain or disagree. And I dont buy the explanation anywhere else, info from web/documentation/hacker cause I already have the machine. Very simple to understand.

The statement is not a hearsay/ its a fact and If you or anyone doenst want to buy the fact, so it will be and I have no problem with it.

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by edosayla Mon May 24, 2010 2:06 am

Sir regarding naman sa RAM it doesn't really have anything to do with your rendering speed besides the compiling of your scene just before the actual "Rendering" process. if you look at Render Farms, what they are comprised of are a series of Servers with multiple processors in each. The more processing power you have, the faster your computer will render.

we just need to use the 64bit max para lng po ma access natin ng full ang resources natin 4GB , 6GB or 12GB .. if your talking about multitasking again don't get me wrong it all depends on the processor speed .. if your using a pentium D processor for example vs XEON processor of course iba ang masasabi mong multitask..

32 bit softwares are design for 32 bit operating system but it can be run also on 64bit , but i would suggest using 64bit software on 64bit OS .. to get its full potential .. Hope naka help ...
edosayla
edosayla
The Teacher
The Teacher

Number of posts : 1367
Registration date : 06/10/2008

http://www.pinoycad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Mon May 24, 2010 2:43 am

I agree sir Edosayla..But what do you think of this. One time,im rendering a 6 million polygons scene at quad core xp64 bit OS 4GB ram. Nung final render na of course im supposed to open it in 64 bit Max but accidentally hindi ko napansin na sa 32bit max ko sya na open,usually pag nagrerender ako binubuksan ko din yung task manager to monitor my pf usage,in my surprise umabot na ng 3.5yung pf usage without crashing until morning nung check ko ok naman. Then nung umaga ko lang din na realize na nag run pala yung rendering sa 32bit max and wala namang naging problema. You think its weird? resolution pa was 3500x4750px.

ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Mon May 24, 2010 2:50 am

if you have more than 4gig of RAM, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't
go for a 64 bit OS, and the same with 64 bit max. kung 32 bit din lang gagamitin mo sayang talaga ung RAM na di mo mamamaximize. Although ang sinasabi naman ng kabila eh OK lang naman daw sa kanya, so let him be....

Tanong ko narin kung may special hardware ba para sa 64 bit OS and programs, or same lang with 3s bit?

Regarding naman sa multi tasking (malamang alam nyo to pero sabihin ko na rin).

pwede naman kahit 32 bit ka lang eh. Punta lang sa task bar, right click mo ung 3dsmax, go to process, right click ulit sa max, set priority, tapos set mo lang sa below normal. Laking tulong nito pag gusto mong mag multi task while you are rendering. hope it helps!
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by SunDance Mon May 24, 2010 3:15 am

edosayla wrote:Sir regarding naman sa RAM it doesn't really have anything to do with your rendering speed besides the compiling of your scene just before the actual "Rendering" process. if you look at Render Farms, what they are comprised of are a series of Servers with multiple processors in each. The more processing power you have, the faster your computer will render.

we just need to use the 64bit max para lng po ma access natin ng full ang resources natin 4GB , 6GB or 12GB .. if your talking about multitasking again don't get me wrong it all depends on the processor speed .. if your using a pentium D processor for example vs XEON processor of course iba ang masasabi mong multitask..

32 bit softwares are design for 32 bit operating system but it can be run also on 64bit , but i would suggest using 64bit software on 64bit OS .. to get its full potential .. Hope naka help ...

thanks for the technical clarification....
SunDance
SunDance
The Scavenger
The Scavenger

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 23/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Mon May 24, 2010 3:23 am

irregardsless of processors speed, which is very true. Still the point of using 3.3 gig ram on rendering on max remains unanswered (what kind of scene would that be).

for the love of 8 gig ram for example not 12. If I would use only less than 4 and I dont know how to use the 4 remaining, For what in the world would I use it which leads only to dont buy it.

and that remains I dont need to access more than 4 gig ram and I dont need to use 64bit max for sure.

And that leads to still I am not misleading someone to buy 64bit laptop, install 32 bit max and be happy about it. Inst it? If my calculations are right.

And for all user of 64bit OS why in the world you are keeping all those 32 bit application (like autocadd maybe, photoshop maybe) if I doenst really made for 64 bit OS. I do keep it because I am comfortable using it.

Oh yes I will buy 64bit OS nd install all 64 bit programes so as to maximize it all. Great.

Last edited by Galaites07 on Mon May 24, 2010 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : editing for a reason)

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Mon May 24, 2010 3:39 am

dude galaites, good for you.

I don't know but maybe you could tell us something about the scenes you've handled so we could at least know why you don't need to have more than 3gig of RAM. please, maybe you know some way that we could do the same on 32 bit. This could be helpful if you may...
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by edosayla Mon May 24, 2010 5:08 am

Galaites07 wrote:irregardsless of processors speed, which is very true. Still the point of using 3.3 gig ram on rendering on max remains unanswered (what kind of scene would that be).

I guess sir your asking a question na hindi mo na intendihan .. 3.3GB RAM is not a 3.3GB RAM its a 4GB RAM but OS reads only 3.3 depends on its interpretation I can change the numbers into 128GB on regedit only ... please don't be confuse about this RAM thing .. the answer probably to what you want is depends on the scene.. before i use to render a large scale city with 780,000 polygons optimize with proxies if not proxy it will go upto 3 million + polygons and its animated .. if i was to render it using a 2GB ram on my 32 bit OS 32bit max of course it crash because it cannot handle the huge amount of polygons and proxies when i try a 4GB ram on my 64bit OS with 64bit Max it render's smoothly .. so in conclusion again it need enough ram to process before it will be rendered by the processor ...

32bit Max software sometimes cannot handle large scale scene especially on animation .... 64bit have an extra edge regarding this scenario ..... kung sa tingin mo sir hindi ka pa rin naliwanagan nasa sayo na yan lahat ng sinasabi ko base sa experience at hindi po sa google lng ... hope naka help.
edosayla
edosayla
The Teacher
The Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Mon May 24, 2010 5:28 am

sir di ako naguguluhan sa sinasabi mong 4 gig( I say 3.3 gig).

Just for clarification I already rendered a city (MUDON city alam mo ciguro iyon)

anyways, ang sinasabi ko lang eh( if you are following my comments)
its about how much ram u need and we are not talking 32bit machine here. its about 32bit max run on 64 bit OS pala.

ung nga its all depends on scene diba( case to case basis).

I say 4 gig physical ram, 32 bit max and 64 bit OS. If you need more decide later.

Last edited by Galaites07 on Mon May 24, 2010 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : nothing special)

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Mon May 24, 2010 5:52 am

torvicz wrote:dude galaites, good for you.

I don't know but maybe you could tell us something about the scenes you've handled so we could at least know why you don't need to have more than 3gig of RAM. please, maybe you know some way that we could do the same on 32 bit. This could be helpful if you may...

yes there are many ways to improve the use of computer ram (physical and virtual ram sa max even 32 bit lang gamit mo(like my laptop)

study about Antialiasing filter and image sampler. what is its significant role to your image/render. also how much irradiance map you need.

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by edosayla Mon May 24, 2010 6:30 am

Galaites07 wrote:sir di ako naguguluhan sa sinasabi mong 4 gig( I say 3.3 gig).

Just for clarification I already rendered a city (MUDON city alam mo ciguro iyon)

anyways, ang sinasabi ko lang eh( if you are following my comments)
its about how much ram u need and we are not talking 32bit machine here. its about 32bit max run on 64 bit OS pala.

ung nga its all depends on scene diba( case to case basis).

I say 4 gig physical ram, 32 bit max and 64 bit OS. If you need more decide later.

its up to you sir .. kung gusto mo gamitin ang 32bit max on 64bit OS that is yours to use .. but again like sinabi nila order ka ng cheeseburger tapos hindi mo rin pala kakainin ang cheese hehehe .. but as i've said .. nasa user naman yan kung ano ang gagamitin nya just to clarify nasa china ka pla sir when you render the mudon city .. galing mo sir.. Smile pano mo nga pla na load ang Mudon na Sale Center at ang Golf Club alone kasi sobrang laki yun e at millions ang polygon nun.. sa baghdad alone it requires 46 computers to render.. hope ma bigyan mo kami ng techniques sir para alam din namin ... Smile
edosayla
edosayla
The Teacher
The Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Mon May 24, 2010 10:22 am

ito ba ung part ng MUDON sales center na cinasabi mo.

(edited for a reason)

ang tanong paano namin mi-nodel ulit ang buong development para hindi malakas kumain ng ram kada isang villa or building.

Last edited by Galaites07 on Tue May 25, 2010 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : refer to above)

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next