Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

+26
ERICK
torvicz
Ernest
anthony_als
berto24
Ar_Can_EVSU
nomeradona
arkiedmund
silvercrown
skyscraper100
allnem
ARCHITHEKTHURA
moothe
celes
akoy
kurdaps!
reyknow
cloud20
Larj'e
Valiant
rangalua
Galaites07
ortzak
jarul
archki_rain
Canadium
30 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Empty Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

Post by Canadium Fri May 07, 2010 10:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

I would like to start a WIP on how to make photorealistic architectural visualizations using any available techniques imaginable. There are a couple of works I had seen that are very hard to distinguish from actual photos. Making these renders to look so believable has already become an art in itself.

I chose the Farnsworth house because there are a lot of very nice renders of it and photographs to compare with. The model of the house I am using was made by Peter Guthrie and it can be downloaded from his blog. My heartfelt thanks to him for sharing such a wonderful detailed model. He made a number of very realistic visualizations using the same model.

At the moment I'm using Sketchup, indigo renderer, GIMP and Motiva Real Camera. I maybe switching to other software packages if necessary.

Some initial renderings, I prepared yesterday:
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth2motiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth2d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth1motiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth1h

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth3

Last edited by Canadium on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 13/10/2009

http://mycomputergeneratedworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Empty Re: Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:00 am

Canadium wrote:@ ARCHITHEKTHURA - Thanks a lot Sir! Looks like I overlooked that one. At that time, I was just so excited that I may not have noticed it. Will try out that polygon control during export on the next time I export a tree.

Really cool updates.I like the level of realism especially the last ones. Parang fry and maxwell ang dating.Unbiased. How about rendering time sir?Is it worth it?
About onyx,the polygon control comes right away.You can set the segments while generating the trees and thats really awesome about this plug in. You can control the leaves,barks and trunks segments and there's variety of directions and look.
But the drawback is its uses opacity maps for the leaves.They are not modeled which limits you to add shell modifier for thickness and better sss mat shaders. Anyway thanks for sharing with us. Just keep us posted.. thumbsup

ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Empty Re: Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

Post by Canadium Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:37 pm

celes wrote:
Canadium wrote:
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth19f

this one rocks

Thanks a lot Sir!
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:26 pm

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:
Canadium wrote:@ ARCHITHEKTHURA - Thanks a lot Sir! Looks like I overlooked that one. At that time, I was just so excited that I may not have noticed it. Will try out that polygon control during export on the next time I export a tree.

Really cool updates.I like the level of realism especially the last ones. Parang fry and maxwell ang dating.Unbiased. How about rendering time sir?Is it worth it?
About onyx,the polygon control comes right away.You can set the segments while generating the trees and thats really awesome about this plug in. You can control the leaves,barks and trunks segments and there's variety of directions and look.
But the drawback is its uses opacity maps for the leaves.They are not modeled which limits you to add shell modifier for thickness and better sss mat shaders. Anyway thanks for sharing with us. Just keep us posted.. thumbsup

Maraming salamat Sir! For one thing rendering times are infinitely long. Yung mga latest images ko dito average 20 hrs. render time. (I'm using windows xp 32 bit on a Core2 quad 2.3Ghz w/ 3gb ram) Actually indigo renderer has an infinite render time. It would keep on rendering until all image noise has been canceled out or as they say 'converged'. Anyway, since I'm not in a hurry I just leave to computer to render overnight, leave it in the morning as I head for work and return in the evenings.

One good thing I like about indigo is the ability to also produce an almost infinite number of combinations from one rendered image. If scene is set up properly and each light source is assigned a layer, different images with different time of day can be taken from one render. This light 'layers' in indigo are very similar to autocad layers. Ang mga ito ay pwede itong i-turn on or off at pwede ring palitan pati kulay nito at brightness. so kung day scene, ay naka on ang sky at sun tapos naka-off naman mga ilaw. Kung cloudy scene naman, naka-on yung sky pero naka-off ang araw. Sa night scene naman ay naka-on ang mga lamps at sky pero yung sky ay babawasan ang brightness at gagawing dark blue ang kulay. Sa night scene pwede ring naka-on ang sun at babawasan ng husto ang brightness nito at palitan ang kulay para ma-simulate yung moonlight. This is done while rendering and just save the desired image as jpg or png. After that, you can compose another combination.

Yung inaabangan ko sa indigo sa ngayon ay yung GPU rendering nila. It's on the beta testing now and if it lives up to its promise of 50x faster, the 20 hr render time would be shortened to 24 minutes.

I will resume working on these Onyx trees. I think part of the reason why I am getting huge files is the way sketchup imports .3ds files. It treats each leaf on the tree as an individual 3d object and not a block. I found out about this when I edited the shape of one leaf. The rest of the leaves did not update. With this discovery along with lowering the poly count, I'm planning to import only the tree trunks and branches and have these populated with leaves inside sketchup.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:22 pm

I did a test rendering of the house at bird's eye view and also included another batch re-rendered scenes. Ngayong malapit na ang mga trees sa house ay lumapit na rin ang mga scenes sa mga reference images.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth23

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth23a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth21h

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth21k

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth21

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth21d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth21g

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth22f

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth22a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth22e

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth22b

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth22h

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth22g
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Empty Render Settings

Post by Canadium Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Just wanted to share the settings na ginagamit ko para mga scenes dito. (daytime and evening scenes)

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Outputgh

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Tonemapping

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Camerac

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Environment

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Advanced
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:57 pm

ok din pala itong indigo renderer na ito. Meron din jayang 3dsMAX vesion yan?

The outputs are good, mas madali ba siyang matutunan, as compared to vray or podium?

Thanks for the screen caps, it helps us understand the software even more.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:35 pm

@ arkiedmund - yes Sir meron din itong 3dsMax version. Sa difficulty level, mas madali itong gamitin kasi kaunti lang ang settings. Ang isa pa ay, karamihan ng mga settings na ito ay pwedeng i-adjust habang nag-rerender. kaya hindi na kailangan ulitin ang isang render para makita lang kung ano ang resulta kapag pinalitan ang value ng isang setting. Ang nakikita kong disadvantage ng indigo render ay ang sobrang tagal na render time.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by anthony_als Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:51 am

ang galing ng study nyo sir canadium. cool renders, realistic ang dating. Very Happy

few questions, just for clarification:
- trees are pure onyx?
- for grass did you use, "AUTOGRASS" as plugin or you modelled everything and instanced?, kc ok un variation sa mga huling renders.
- for PostWork, "PICASSA" no Adobe PS?

your visuals are really interesting, keep it up sir.
anthony_als
anthony_als
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 20/07/2009

http://aalsales-arch.daportfolio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:26 am

@ anthony_als - thank you Sir!

Regarding the trees, I am still using Sketchup trees. I encountered some issues with trees made in onyx after importing them inside sketchup. Mga trees na gamit ko dito ay minodel ko inside sketchup at inupload ko sa 3dwarehouse. Pwede ninyong idownload ang mga ito dito: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?mid=3444e41968ddabb68e0061b7e74396b0

Ang grass ay minodel ko rin at ginamitan ko ng 'instancing'. hindi ako gumamit ng autograss.

most of the images posted here had no post work. apat na images lang doon sa first page ng thread na ito ang ginamitan ko ng picassa photo editor. PS was not used yet. Yung mga color variations and tone, brightness, etc. ng mga render ko ay ginagawa ko within the rendering software.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:37 am

Some updates on the progress of work.

Notable changes:
1. The 3d trees are now much bigger & closer to the house and the foliage is also thicker than before.
2. The pine trees have been taken out in order to be consistent with the reference images. These were replaced with maple trees.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth24

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth24a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth24c

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth24d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth24e

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth24g

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth24i
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:55 am

Waaaaa...ganda-ganda na! Parang picture Sir....

Keep it coming...

Last edited by kurdaps! on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernest Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:12 am

Wow!!! Indigo renderer company must by this!!! Awesome shots!!buttrock
Ernest
Ernest
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 20/02/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:29 am

I like the way you progress on this dude, kasama pa ang sharing.

habang tumatagal mas gumaganda ang output.

comment lang sa stair, parang kulang ng isang step.
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ERICK Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:42 am

torvicz wrote:I like the way you progress on this dude, kasama pa ang sharing.

dude, ganun talaga ung stair nya, na try ko din kase i render to sa max, kaso na corrupt ung files ko, di ko na inulit, tinamad na..

@ canadium - nice update dude, keep em coming
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Number of posts : 3907

http://www.ericktorio.tk http://www.coroflot.com/ericktorio

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:55 am

wow, very realistic set sir canadium!!! I like the mood, perfect render ito! my only comment is the steps, I think you can adjust either the model itself or the ground to touch the last step... thank for the link to the model resource btw... 2thumbsup

hehe sensya na po about the stairs, kung ganun talaga yun, di pa rin ako convinced... peace man

Last edited by marcelinoiii on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 29/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:58 am

ERICK wrote:

dude, ganun talaga ung stair nya, na try ko din kase i render to sa max, kaso na corrupt ung files ko, di ko na inulit, tinamad na..

baket naman tinamad ka dude, sayang naman....

malamang nakalimutan din nung nagmodel yung isang step na yun...kase halata e.
palagay ko lang....

napansin din ni dude marcelioni eh...

anu ba talaga dude canadium?
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:23 am

mga dudes di mali yang Farnsworth..........mali lang kami ng pag set-out....

http://latechaias.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/happy-thanksgiving/

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 04/01/2010

http://galaites30.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ERICK Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:31 am

torvicz wrote:
ERICK wrote:

palagay ko lang....

I think the model is correct dude, kulang talaga ng isang step yan, and design intent ata din yan..
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:37 am

Thats correct, 4 steps. See the the real photo at Galaites link given. The issue here is the ground is lower compared to reality. May mga leaves aground din duon sa real photo kaya medyo malapit ang step.
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:42 am

hehe sabi ko din, the model is quite high... it should at least look like it touches the ground, or at least one step higher only.

thanks for the reference sir galaites, that clarifies it. inuman na
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 29/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:00 am

ERICK wrote:
torvicz wrote:
ERICK wrote:

palagay ko lang....

I think the model is correct dude, kulang talaga ng isang step yan, and design intent ata din yan..

klaro na dude, mataas lang ung structure...

di ko pa kase nakita ung photo ng house kaya I assumed na kulang ng steps, pero apat lang talaga, so that means mataas ung structure nya....
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by ERICK Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:40 pm

torvicz wrote:
ERICK wrote:
torvicz wrote:
ERICK wrote:

palagay ko lang....

klaro na dude, mataas lang ung structure...

di ko pa kase nakita ung photo ng house kaya I assumed na kulang ng steps, pero apat lang talaga, so that means mataas ung structure nya....

yeah right, ang intention kase nyan is dapat may naka umbok na ground part dun sa ilalim ng supposed to be missing stair step... nag magsisilbing step na din...
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:11 pm

kurdaps! wrote:Waaaaa...ganda-ganda na! Parang picture Sir....

Keep it coming...

Maraming salamat Sir!

Ernest wrote:Wow!!! Indigo renderer company must by this!!! Awesome shots!!buttrock

Thank you Sir!

Maraming salamat Sir! Regarding sa stair, akala ko ay ganun talaga ang design intent. Yung ginamit ko kasing reference image ay yung rendering na ginawa ni Peter Guthrie. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pg/4029721082/sizes/o/in/set-72157622626579436/ . Ngayon ko lang nalaman na hindi pala ganun sa actual.

ERICK wrote:

Thank you Sir.

marcelinoiii wrote:wow, very realistic set sir canadium!!! I like the mood, perfect render ito! my only comment is the steps, I think you can adjust either the model itself or the ground to touch the last step... thank for the link to the model resource btw... 2thumbsup

hehe sensya na po about the stairs, kung ganun talaga yun, di pa rin ako convinced... peace man

Thank you Sir. Noong una, duda na rin ako sa mga stairs na yan pero dahil sa reference image na ginamit ko ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/pg/4029721082/sizes/o/in/set-72157622626579436/ ) ay nag assume ako na ganun nga talaga yun.

Galaites07 wrote:mga dudes di mali yang Farnsworth..........mali lang kami ng pag set-out....

http://latechaias.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/happy-thanksgiving/

Thanks Sir sa link. Hindi pala naka overhang itong stair na ito. kailangan pala eh ibaba ko ng kaunti ang house para mag match dyan sa reference picture sa link.

Last edited by Canadium on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Some more reference images of the Farnsworth house.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/suttonhoo22/166151683/sizes/o/in/set-72157594164224105/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33286718@N06/4018405340/sizes/l/in/set-72157611121399903/
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Some updates on the work. These were prepared before I read all the comments regarding the stair. Another batch of renders is still being rendered at the moment. These may be posted tomorrow.

Some notable changes:
1. The only major change I made here is ginawa kong mas mataas ang araw. Doon sa mga na-post ko kahapon ay parang bitin dahil yung bandang itaas lang ng mga puno ang nasisikatan ng araw tapos, the rest of the scene is shaded from sunlight.

2. added some early evening scenes. The light emitters inside the lamps are disabled to save on render time.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth25

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth25a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth25c

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth25d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth25e

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth25g

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth25h

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 4 Fansworth25i
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:27 am

Sabi ko na nuon pa eh, INDIGO ROCKS!!!!!

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 04/01/2010

http://galaites30.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next