Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

+26
ERICK
torvicz
Ernest
anthony_als
berto24
Ar_Can_EVSU
nomeradona
arkiedmund
silvercrown
skyscraper100
allnem
ARCHITHEKTHURA
moothe
celes
akoy
kurdaps!
reyknow
cloud20
Larj'e
Valiant
rangalua
Galaites07
ortzak
jarul
archki_rain
Canadium
30 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Empty Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

Post by Canadium Fri May 07, 2010 10:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

I would like to start a WIP on how to make photorealistic architectural visualizations using any available techniques imaginable. There are a couple of works I had seen that are very hard to distinguish from actual photos. Making these renders to look so believable has already become an art in itself.

I chose the Farnsworth house because there are a lot of very nice renders of it and photographs to compare with. The model of the house I am using was made by Peter Guthrie and it can be downloaded from his blog. My heartfelt thanks to him for sharing such a wonderful detailed model. He made a number of very realistic visualizations using the same model.

At the moment I'm using Sketchup, indigo renderer, GIMP and Motiva Real Camera. I maybe switching to other software packages if necessary.

Some initial renderings, I prepared yesterday:
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth2motiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth2d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth1motiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth1h

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth3

Last edited by Canadium on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 13/10/2009

http://mycomputergeneratedworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Empty Re: Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

Post by Canadium Mon May 24, 2010 12:34 pm

I was not able to work that much on this WIP the past week. While looking at some of the test renders and post processed renderings done two weeks ago, I decided to post some which I thought before are not worth posting . Since this is a work in progress, it is just right to show how some of the images 'evolved' from time to time.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth11a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth11motiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth11

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth12amotiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth12motiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth12a

Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Empty Re: Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

Post by Canadium Mon May 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Before ARCHITHEKTHURA's suggestion of trying out onyx and xfrog trees, I attempted modeling another 3d tree inside sketchup. Yung mga puno sa scenes na ginawa ko before ay halatang gawa sa sketchup kasi mukha silang matigas at 'rigid'. Sinubukan kong magmodel ng puno na more organic ang look. Ito ang dahilan kung bakit wala akong masyadong nagawang mga test scenes / renders during the past week. The model I did still has a lot of problems. The moment I add it to the Farnsworth house file, nag-hahang pc ko at ayaw ng mag-render. Some screen captures of the work and accompanying test renders.
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Curve

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Curvewithhexagontapered

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Curvedbranches

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Treewithcurvedbranches

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Leavesn

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Mytree

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Branchtestrender

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Branchwithleavestestren

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Tree2a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Tree3
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by akoy Thu May 27, 2010 5:43 am

galeng master minodel na 2thumbsup
akoy
akoy
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 01/09/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Thu May 27, 2010 7:27 am

This is a very intensive study you've got sir canadium. renders look very nice too...and very good explanation on your modeling and rendering process.

I have'nt tried onyx and xfrog just yet, although i have some of those on my library already for a very long time.

I also like the idea that you modeled some of the foliage and trees in your scene. I will be looking forward to your updates on this.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sat May 29, 2010 7:40 pm

akoy wrote:galeng master minodel na 2thumbsup

Thank you Sir!
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sat May 29, 2010 7:49 pm

arkiedmund wrote:This is a very intensive study you've got sir canadium. renders look very nice too...and very good explanation on your modeling and rendering process.

I have'nt tried onyx and xfrog just yet, although i have some of those on my library already for a very long time.

I also like the idea that you modeled some of the foliage and trees in your scene. I will be looking forward to your updates on this.

Thank you very much Sir! Nakakuha ako ng mga onyx trees sa net this week lang. I did some test renders and they look really nice. Ang problem nga lang is when the the trees are placed with the house model, sketchup freezes and crashes. This is still one of the problems that need to be fixed.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sat May 29, 2010 7:59 pm

I re-posted a short tutorial on instancing in sketchup on this thread. This is the explanation on how to make hundreds of thousands copies of a grass plant or hundreds of trees on the scenes without crashing sketchup. There are some limitations though like the model should be made inside sketchup not imported from another 3d modeling app like max and it only works with indigo renderer and kerkythea render.

Para magawa ang exercise na ito kailangan may naka install na sketchup, Skindigo and indigo renderer.
Download skindigo here: http://www.indigorenderer.com/sketchup/
Download indigo here: http://www.indigorenderer.com/download
You also need a 3d tree. You can download the model used on the exercise here: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=af16934c4f7b06ca7b801fdf37c82cf1&prevstart=0

1. Gawing 'component' yung 3d tree. Choose the tree and right click, then choose 'Make component G'. (ang component ang katumbas ng 'block' sa autocad.
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 30457482

2. Bigyan mo ito ng pangalan na tree.
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 66526588

3. Mag model ng isang bagay na hugis punongkahoy sa mismong lugar ng tree component. Ito ang magsisilbing dummy or proxy.
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 46962814

4. Pagkatapos ay gawin mo rin itong component.
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 77672561

5. Bigyan mo ito ng pangalan na tree_dummy. Mahalaga na dapat ang pangalan ng dummy ay nasa unahan nito ang pangalan ng bagay na ipo-proxy nito. Sa halimbawang ito, ang kailangan nating iproxy ay yung tree kaya nasa unahan ng pangalan ng dummy ito. Ang pinakamahalaga ay yung '_dummy' na idudugtong sa pangalan sa huli. Kapag hindi naidagdag ito ay hindi lalabas yung bagay na naka proxy kapag nirerender na.
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 88213997

6. Choose and right click the tree component and choose 'Enable Instancing'. Gawin din ito sa tree_dummy component.
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 16713789
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 96037253

7. Kopyahin at ikalat ang tree_dummy. You can use component spray plugin to speed this task. (equivalent of vray scatter) Maddownload ito dito: http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=11746
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 66889339

8. Render in indigo renderer.
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 79652765
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Sat May 29, 2010 8:53 pm

ver nice workflow.. i hope ito ang makita ng Vray ... at the moment proxy has not been supported even in the latest vray for sketchup.. although ang vray for max ay suportadu matagal na. lkike waht you have shown us... to panaman ang compatible sa vray. congrats bro. sana mailipat mo ang tutorial mo about sketchup and indigo dun sa tutorial section. kung marami rami ang tutorial mo jan and willing we can even ask bokkins to create a special section for sketchup and indigo.
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Registration date : 22/09/2008

https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Sat May 29, 2010 9:00 pm

btw bro.. there is a new fur plugin,.. and its also like proxy... hindi sya gaanong mabigat. ivy, carpet grasses, can be proxied and with use of gravity too. Hinid ko alam kung anung magiging workflow then with instancing with inidgo. but i like the workaround naman pagdating sa vray although hinid pa gaanong pulido talaga ang vray su..

i know you are aregular sketchuaction visitor too anyway here is the link...
http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=28092

this was actually made by a japanese programmer

anyway try to look at it. and tell us how it can be complimented with what you have now...
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar_Can_EVSU Sun May 30, 2010 12:53 pm

nice techniques,,, 2thumbsup
Ar_Can_EVSU
Ar_Can_EVSU
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1291
Registration date : 17/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sun May 30, 2010 10:19 pm

nomeradona wrote:ver nice workflow.. i hope ito ang makita ng Vray ... at the moment proxy has not been supported even in the latest vray for sketchup.. although ang vray for max ay suportadu matagal na. lkike waht you have shown us... to panaman ang compatible sa vray. congrats bro. sana mailipat mo ang tutorial mo about sketchup and indigo dun sa tutorial section. kung marami rami ang tutorial mo jan and willing we can even ask bokkins to create a special section for sketchup and indigo.

Thank you very much Sir! You are right, some of the topics on this thread must be posted on the tutorials section so they are easily accessible. Ngayon ay tagong tago ang mga ito and they are almost impossible to search. Would start re-posting some soon.

nomeradona wrote:btw bro.. there is a new fur plugin,.. and its also like proxy... hindi sya gaanong mabigat. ivy, carpet grasses, can be proxied and with use of gravity too. Hinid ko alam kung anung magiging workflow then with instancing with inidgo. but i like the workaround naman pagdating sa vray although hinid pa gaanong pulido talaga ang vray su..

i know you are aregular sketchuaction visitor too anyway here is the link...
http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=28092

this was actually made by a japanese programmer

anyway try to look at it. and tell us how it can be complimented with what you have now...

Thanks a lot for the link! I thought I saw something similar, pero ito na siguro yun. Would love to try this new plugin and test it with instancing too. Will include this one definitely on this archviz study.

Ar_Can_EVSU wrote:nice techniques,,, 2thumbsup

Salamat Sir!
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sun May 30, 2010 10:41 pm

May nahagilap akong kopya ng onyx garden suite. Noong una akala ko collection ito ng ibat ibang mga punong kahoy. Hindi pala. Program pala ito na ginagamit sa pagmomodel ng mga halaman. Mula sa isang puno makakagawa ka ng ibat ibang uri nito. may mga settings kang i-aadjust para magbago ang anyo nito. ang namodel na puno ay pwedeng -export sa iba-ibang format, pero ang nakakapanghinayang ay walang sketchup version. so ini-export ko na lang ito as .3ds file then import in sketchup. Ang problem kapag na-import sa SU ay lumolobo ang file size nito. Ang 3mb na .3ds file nagiging 49mb! Sakto ko lng itong ma-import ay nag-fefreeze na ang pc ko at nag-hahang. Pagkatapos ng ilang minutes ay doon ko pa lang pwedeng i-click yung render icon. Nasubukan ko rin na i-load ang model sa mga scenes pero hindi kaya ng pc ko. Kailangan siguro mag upgrade na ako sa 64 bit computing.

Some test renders:

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Puno2

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Mgapuno
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sun May 30, 2010 10:57 pm

For the meantime, I just reverted back to the old sketchup trees. Dinagdagan ko na lang ang variety ng mga ito at dinamihan ko ang mga bilang sa eksena. The leaf material needs to be fixed. Some have translucency while some have specular. Hindi consistent, that's why they look kinda weird. Some test renders and post processed renders.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth15m
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth15l
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth15k
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth15d
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth15i
[img]Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth15j
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth15f
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth15h
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Mon May 31, 2010 9:50 pm

beleive it or not, lahat ng mga rendered images ng farnsworth house na nai-post mula kahapon ay nanggaling lang sa iisang rendered image. sa indigo renderer kasi mayroong feature ito na kung tawagin ay light layers. Bawat ilaw sa scene ay may 'layer' na parang katulad sa autocad. pwede itong i-turn on or off at pwede ring palitan pati kulay nito at brightness. so kung day scene, ay naka on ang sky at sun tapos naka-off naman mga ilaw. Kung cloudy scene naman, naka-on yung sky pero naka-off ang araw. Sa night scene naman ay alam nyo na cguro kung ano yung naka-off at naka-on.

ito yung mga evening versions ng mga na-post ko kahapon. may kasamang scene na naka-on lahat ng mga light layers.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth16g
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth16k
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth16d
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth16c
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth16b
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth16a
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth16f
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth16e
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth16
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:30 am

Cool updates sir canadium.I believe may controls sa onyx yung polygons.Thats one good feature of it.Pwede mo pang i reduce yung 49mb.Hindi mo nmn kailangan ng ganun ka detalye.I remember before may nagawa ako nasa mga 12-15mb lng per tree.Actually medyo maganda na nga details nun.
Goodluck sir.Keep posting lng po.. thumbsup
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:35 pm

@ ARCHITHEKTHURA - Thanks a lot Sir! Looks like I overlooked that one. At that time, I was just so excited that I may not have noticed it. Will try out that polygon control during export on the next time I export a tree.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:13 pm

I decided to develop and work more on this scene after it got some very positive responses from some forum members at the indigo forums.
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth5g

Some notable changes on this update.

1. Increased the variety and number of trees on the scene.
2. Fixed the material on the leaves of the trees. All the leaves now are shiny and translucency was reduced.
3. The leaves obstructing the view on the upper right of the image are gone.
4. Increased the reflectivity of the grass material and removed the unusually large blade of grass on the earlier renders.
5. Introduced some tall grasses on the scene.

All images are from only one rendering. The light layers on the render were either turned on or off or brightened or dimmed to simulate the different times of day.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth17l
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth18
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth18h
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth18k
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth17j
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth18e
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth18d
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth18c
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth17i
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth17g
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth17f
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth17d
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth17b
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth17a
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth18f
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Farnsworthsk7
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:12 am

May nakita uli akong mga renders ng Farnsworth house na mental ray ang ginamit na pang render. Idadagdag ko ito sa aking mga reference images na pipilitin kong gayahin or recreate.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=754315
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by berto24 Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:01 am

sir canadium, hanga ako sa effort na ginagawa mo dito.... galing sir.. wave
berto24
berto24
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 18/05/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:05 am

very nice update.. now i want to try indigo...
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:06 pm

berto24 wrote:sir canadium, hanga ako sa effort na ginagawa mo dito.... galing sir.. wave

Thank you very much Sir!
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:12 pm

nomeradona wrote:very nice update.. now i want to try indigo...

Maraming salamat Sir! PM me if you have some queries on how to start in indigo render.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Nirender ko uli itong scene na ito.
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth9d
Mga notable changes:
1. Mas maraming variety ng mga puno ngayon na nakapalibot sa bahay. Dati kasi ay iisang klase lang ito.
2. Mas malaki ang mga puno ngayon and at the same time ay lumiit ang spacing nila. Ito ang attempt ko para magaya ang mga reference photos.
3. Sa old scene ay parang napakalayo ng mga puno, so sa version na ito ay malapit na ang mga ito sa house.
4. Time of day was changed.

Like the previous renders, ang mga series of images dito ay galing sa iisang render uli.
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth19
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth19j
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth19i
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth19h
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth19g
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth19f
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth19e
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth19d
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:29 am

Another set of images that was a re-render of an earlier scene.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth20a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth20b

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth20ejpg

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth20fjpg

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth20hjpg

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth20ijpg

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth20j
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:52 am

Canadium wrote:
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 3 Fansworth19f

this one rocks
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:00 am

Canadium wrote:@ ARCHITHEKTHURA - Thanks a lot Sir! Looks like I overlooked that one. At that time, I was just so excited that I may not have noticed it. Will try out that polygon control during export on the next time I export a tree.

Really cool updates.I like the level of realism especially the last ones. Parang fry and maxwell ang dating.Unbiased. How about rendering time sir?Is it worth it?
About onyx,the polygon control comes right away.You can set the segments while generating the trees and thats really awesome about this plug in. You can control the leaves,barks and trunks segments and there's variety of directions and look.
But the drawback is its uses opacity maps for the leaves.They are not modeled which limits you to add shell modifier for thickness and better sss mat shaders. Anyway thanks for sharing with us. Just keep us posted.. thumbsup
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next