Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

+26
ERICK
torvicz
Ernest
anthony_als
berto24
Ar_Can_EVSU
nomeradona
arkiedmund
silvercrown
skyscraper100
allnem
ARCHITHEKTHURA
moothe
celes
akoy
kurdaps!
reyknow
cloud20
Larj'e
Valiant
rangalua
Galaites07
ortzak
jarul
archki_rain
Canadium
30 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Empty Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

Post by Canadium Fri May 07, 2010 10:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

I would like to start a WIP on how to make photorealistic architectural visualizations using any available techniques imaginable. There are a couple of works I had seen that are very hard to distinguish from actual photos. Making these renders to look so believable has already become an art in itself.

I chose the Farnsworth house because there are a lot of very nice renders of it and photographs to compare with. The model of the house I am using was made by Peter Guthrie and it can be downloaded from his blog. My heartfelt thanks to him for sharing such a wonderful detailed model. He made a number of very realistic visualizations using the same model.

At the moment I'm using Sketchup, indigo renderer, GIMP and Motiva Real Camera. I maybe switching to other software packages if necessary.

Some initial renderings, I prepared yesterday:
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth2motiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth2d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth1motiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth1h

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth3

Last edited by Canadium on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 13/10/2009

http://mycomputergeneratedworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Empty Re: Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

Post by Galaites07 Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:27 am

Sabi ko na nuon pa eh, INDIGO ROCKS!!!!!

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 04/01/2010

http://galaites30.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Empty Re: Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

Post by ortzak Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Huwaw nice update bro..ganda tingnan pag punung puno ng trees..keep it up 2thumbsup
ortzak
ortzak
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 4555
Registration date : 14/01/2009

http://plandesignvisualize.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:34 pm

Galaites07 wrote:Sabi ko na nuon pa eh, INDIGO ROCKS!!!!!
Maraming salamat Sir.

ortzak wrote:Huwaw nice update bro..ganda tingnan pag punung puno ng trees..keep it up 2thumbsup

Thank you Sir. Ito ang na-mention ko na umaabot ng 20 hrs render time dahil sa dami ng mga puno.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:54 pm

These images were being rendered while I was reading the comments about the overhanging stair. Di ko na sana ipopost pero napagisipan ko na WIP nga ito and the progression of the work must somehow be documented. These are a re-render of another earlier scene. Ever since I made the trees bigger and closer to the house, I kept on revisiting these old camera angles.

Some notable changes:
1. Most of the pine trees had been removed and were replaced with broad leaf trees.
2. Added a tall wall behind the trees to hide the horizon.

Some issues:
1. The regularity of the leaf arrangement pattern on the trees is very obvious. halatang gawa sa sketchup yung mga tree models. Ito siguro yung pagtutuunan ko ng pansin habang hindi ko pa na-sosolve kung paano ma-import ng maayos yung mga 3d trees na gawa sa ibang 3d app.
2. Wala pa yung mga dried leaves na nakakalat at mga bulaklak ng damo.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth26

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth26c

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth26e

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth26g

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth26i

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth26j
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Some rather uninteresting interior scenes. Just tried rendering another view of the interior at late morning (11:00am) when the sun is almost directly above the roof. A cloudy scene is also added.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth27
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth27a
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth27c
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth27i
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth27j
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth27f
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth27g
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Empty Fixing the environment around the house

Post by Canadium Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Nagkaroon ako ng time na ayusin yung mga dahon ng mga punong kahoy sa scenes ko. Halata kasi ang mga ito na gawa sa sketchup. Very regular kasi yung pattern ng pagkaka ayos ng mga dahon. Ang work flow ko ay ganito: Nag-model ako ng isang sanga tapos nilagyan ko ng maraming dahon. Kinopya ko yung arrangement ng mga dahon sa isang sanga na pinutol ko pa mula sa isang tunay na puno. Gumawa ako ng maraming kopya ng namodel kong sanga na may mga dahon at ito ang mga idinikit ko sa katawan ng puno. At yung ang dahilan kung bakit parang paulitulit yung mga pattern. Iisang sanga lang kasi ito bawat uri ng puno.

Wala akong maisip na paraan kung paano magmukhang natural yung pagkaka-ayos mga dahon kundi guluhin na lang ang pagkakaayos ng mga ito. Sinubukan kong irender at ito ang mga resulta. (naka-off yung layer ng bahay para bumilis ng kaunti yung render time)

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Environment1

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Environment1a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Environment1c

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Environment1d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Environment1e

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Environment1i

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Environment2

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Environment2a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Environment2e

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Environment2f

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Environment2g

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Environment2k

Last edited by Canadium on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:40 pm; edited 5 times in total
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:15 pm

Some more interior scenes taken from another camera angle. I guess they are worth posting as 'progress' renders. I'm still using the furniture from the GH house.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth28f

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth28d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth28c

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth28b

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth28a
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:38 pm

I love this thread! So inspiring and I am impressed with all the output and your effort......how I wish I can do this. pale

Show us more sir...
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:56 pm

awe inspiring....

dude ung grass mo ba modeled mo?
ang galeng ng effect eh....pati ung trees mo kaw din ba gumawa?
gustoko ung dating ng shadows, parang punong puno talaga sya ng trees... Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 290602
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:15 am

wow great update sir, saludo ako sa vegetation and environment mo... very inspiring indigo renders sir!!! inuman na
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 29/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:35 pm

kurdaps! wrote:I love this thread! So inspiring and I am impressed with all the output and your effort......how I wish I can do this. pale

Show us more sir...
Thank you Sir. Naku, kayo pa, eh sisiw lang yung ganito sa inyo Sir!
torvicz wrote:awe inspiring....

dude ung grass mo ba modeled mo?
ang galeng ng effect eh....pati ung trees mo kaw din ba gumawa?
gustoko ung dating ng shadows, parang punong puno talaga sya ng trees... Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 290602

Thank you Sir. Ang lahat ng vegetation sa scene from grass to trees ay mga minodel ko inside sketchup. These were originally intended as temporary habang wala pa akong makuhang high quality models. Pero noong may makuha naman ako, nalaman ko na hindi pala compatible sa sketchup ang mga 3d tree/vegetation models na minodel sa ibang modeling app. Faced with this situation I was forced to just stick with my existing models and modify them to become more presentable.

marcelinoiii wrote:wow great update sir, saludo ako sa vegetation and environment mo... very inspiring indigo renders sir!!! inuman na

Maraming salamat Sir.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:22 pm

Nirender ko uli yung mga scenes na kasama na ang bahay. Parang nakalimutan ko yatang i-save yung mga ginawa kong changes sa arrangement ng mga dahon sa mga puno kasi parang bumalik sa dati. Lumitaw uli yung mga 'repeating' leaf arrangements sa mga puno. Ngayon ko na lang napansin kung kailan natapos yung mga render. Usually kasi ay iniiwan ko yung pc para magrender. Makikita ko na lang yung result pagbalik ko from work.

Sa next updates, aayusin ko yung grass. Masyadong makintab. Parang plastic.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth29

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth30i

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth30c

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth30

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth29f

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth29e

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth29d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth29c

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth29b

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth29a
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by dwin_0921 Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:53 am

hangang hanga ako sa mga render mo master,sakin pangfinal mga to!!napakadetalye at ganda ng lighting and vegetation especially yung grass at lupa 2thumbsup
salamat sa link pala master! Very Happy
dwin_0921
dwin_0921
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 01/09/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:36 am

You are welcome Sir! Thanks again for the words of encouragement.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Nabawasan ko na yung kintab ng grass. Hindi na masyadong shiny na katulad ng dati. At the moment hindi pa rin ako masyadong masaya sa mga trees sa scene ko. They still look so fake.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth33f
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth33
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth33a
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth33b
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth33c
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth33d
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth33e
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:58 pm

Nothing special here. Just a re-render of some previous scenes. Ngayong hindi na makintab yung grass, I thought that it made perfect sense na i-render uli ang mga ito.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth35b
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth35a
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth35
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth35e
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth34
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth34a
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth34b
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth34e
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth34g
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by ERICK Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:49 am

dude ayaw paawat ha? master ng indigo.... galing ng set, looks real na...
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Number of posts : 3907
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.ericktorio.tk http://www.coroflot.com/ericktorio

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:23 pm

@ ERICK - Thanks a lot Sir. I appreciate it.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:23 am

Medyo busy ako the past few days. Pero kahit papaano nagawa kong i-open ang sketchup file ng Farnsworth house. Pinalitan ko lang yung time of day and clicked render. And these are some of the results.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth36

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth36a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth36b

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth36c

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth36d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth36f

Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 pm

A familiar scene but with new unfamiliar lighting. Inirender ko uli yung eksenang ito with a different time of day.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth38b

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth38c

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth38d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth38

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 5 Fansworth38a
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by ortzak Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 am

Dude awesome updates again.. 2thumbsup hows the render time?
ortzak
ortzak
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 4555
Registration date : 14/01/2009

http://plandesignvisualize.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:09 pm

@ ortzak - Thank you Sir! As usual, super haba ng mga render times. nag-aaverage ng 20 hrs! Yung render time nga ang malaking issue kung bakit hindi ko na masyadong maasikaso ito.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by vuer12 Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:21 am

grabe 20 hours? try mo sa fryrender baka mga 2 hours lang

vuer12
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 27/11/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by vuer12 Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:24 am

photorealistic na...ganda talaga ng unbiased...Ano po ginagamit nyong mncr settings? sabi sa description pang reduce ng noise yun parang magiging somewhat bias...maka maka bilis din ng render? Bidirectional ba gamit mo?

vuer12
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 27/11/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by arqchacon Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Canadium, i am new to the forum, and because I think the best what is presented here in respect to the indigo and the plugin to put the trees .. I wonder how that sketchup does to support so many trees and not tick the same .. that these trees are very heavy .. thanks ...

arqchacon

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 30/08/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5