Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

+26
ERICK
torvicz
Ernest
anthony_als
berto24
Ar_Can_EVSU
nomeradona
arkiedmund
silvercrown
skyscraper100
allnem
ARCHITHEKTHURA
moothe
celes
akoy
kurdaps!
reyknow
cloud20
Larj'e
Valiant
rangalua
Galaites07
ortzak
jarul
archki_rain
Canadium
30 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Empty Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

Post by Canadium Fri May 07, 2010 10:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

I would like to start a WIP on how to make photorealistic architectural visualizations using any available techniques imaginable. There are a couple of works I had seen that are very hard to distinguish from actual photos. Making these renders to look so believable has already become an art in itself.

I chose the Farnsworth house because there are a lot of very nice renders of it and photographs to compare with. The model of the house I am using was made by Peter Guthrie and it can be downloaded from his blog. My heartfelt thanks to him for sharing such a wonderful detailed model. He made a number of very realistic visualizations using the same model.

At the moment I'm using Sketchup, indigo renderer, GIMP and Motiva Real Camera. I maybe switching to other software packages if necessary.

Some initial renderings, I prepared yesterday:
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth2motiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth2d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth1motiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth1h

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth3

Last edited by Canadium on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 13/10/2009

http://mycomputergeneratedworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Empty Re: Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

Post by Canadium Wed May 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Some interior test scenes with sunny and cloudy skies. Some evening scenes will follow later. Ni-rerender ko pa.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth4h

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth4d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth4c

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth7b

Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Empty Re: Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings)

Post by Galaites07 Thu May 13, 2010 12:14 am

IMHO, talo talaga ng indigo ang vray.........the best result there bro. keep it up

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 04/01/2010

http://galaites30.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Thu May 13, 2010 11:53 pm

@ Galaites - Thanks Sir. Sa tingin ko, siguro sa isang category talo nya pero sa ibang categories lalo na sa speed ay mayroon pa ring edge yung vray sa ngayon.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Fri May 14, 2010 12:15 am

Some lighting studies. I tried using an EXR map for the environment. It turns out that it made the renders look more noisy. On the previous interior renders, I used the SketcUp sun and sky only and the results are much more satisfactory.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth8

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth8i

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth8h

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth8f

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth8c
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by archki_rain Fri May 14, 2010 12:57 am

good day sir...nagtry na ako magrender gamit ang indigo render at matagal din nga pala bago makuha yung render na masatisfy yung gusto mo versus vray for sketchup...but ayun nga ang vray for sketchup kasi alam ko na kung paano kapain ang settings para mapabilis ang render....sa indigo render ba sir may setting din para mas bumilis pa ang render para kuha agad yun magandang output?
archki_rain
archki_rain
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 11/04/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Fri May 14, 2010 8:44 pm

@ archki_rain - Unfortunately wala itong settings para bumilis ang render. Para bumilis render, its either gumamit ng mas malakas na pc or mag network rendering. Pero may mga scenes na medyo mabilis irender tulad ng mga outdoor daytime scenes. Yung mga outdoor scenes ko dito pwede na within 3-4 hrs. So kung mga exteriors ang mga render pwede na pagtiyagahan. Ako ang workflow ko, iniiwan ko overnight nag-rerender ang pc kaya pag-gising ko ay ok na. If you want to experiment more, try mo render mga scenes ko dito, isend ko na lang sa iyo mga file.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Fri May 14, 2010 11:34 pm

Another batch of lighting and post production experiments and POV's. I'm still looking for some free 3d tree models on the net na kamukha ng mga evermotion trees na ginamit ni sir jarul. Mukhang wala akong makikita. mapipilitan siguro akong bumili or mang arbor.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth9a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth9c

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth9

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth10d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth10a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth10
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sat May 15, 2010 10:04 am

Some more post production work. Kung tutuusin, there is an infinite way to adjust the colors of a rendered image. heto yung mga napaglaruan ko using the same images posted earlier. I used Motiva real camera. http://www.motivacg.com/descargas_en.php

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth9f

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth9d

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth9b
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by reyknow Sat May 15, 2010 10:21 am

tol naghahanap ka ng 3d trees? share ko to

http://www.frecle.net/index.php?show=treed.about

galing sa free section dito sa cgp, mejo nakalimutan na kasi natabunan na eh

btw nice renders
reyknow
reyknow
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 16/02/2009

http://www.reyknow.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sat May 15, 2010 11:40 pm

@ reyknow - Maraming salamat Sir! Na-download ko na at na-install na rin. Ngayon siguro, I will focus on modeling vegetation for the environment around the house.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Sun May 16, 2010 12:25 am

Very nice Sir. I like the reflection on the floor as well as the grass distribution. thumbsup
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sun May 16, 2010 7:21 am

@ kurdaps - Maraming salamat Sir!
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Mon May 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Just decided to post a sketchup viewport scene of one of the images I posted earlier. Yung mga bilog na kulay berde ay mga damo. A flat Circle is used as a 'dummy' (proxy in max) for the grass patch. nagiging grass na lang ito kapag nagrerender na. Ganoon din sa mga puno. bawat triangle ay isang puno kapag na-render. For the grass material, I used a phong material preset with the opacity being set at 50% inside SketchUp.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Sketupviewport

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Grasspatchdummy
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Thu May 20, 2010 11:35 pm

Some 'exinterior' (exterior + interior) scenes. Yung camera nasa labas, pero yung nakikita yung nasa loob. Anyway mga test renders sa lighting and post production.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth14d
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth14e
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth14g
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth14h
Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth14f
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by akoy Fri May 21, 2010 1:38 am

wow kahit ganito lang alam ko sana hehehe napaka lupet na agad 2thumbsup
abangers lang ako master
sir tuitorial pagka tapos hehehe hippie
akoy
akoy
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 01/09/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 am

looking good man, renders are mighty real.

thumbsup
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ortzak Sat May 22, 2010 12:54 am

getting better sir canadium... 2thumbsup

just a little and i will dish my artlantis for this renderer..pretty good 2thumbsup
ortzak
ortzak
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 4555
Registration date : 14/01/2009

http://plandesignvisualize.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by moothe Sat May 22, 2010 12:57 am

night scenes rock.... 2thumbsup
moothe
moothe
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 21/06/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sat May 22, 2010 1:31 pm

akoy wrote:wow kahit ganito lang alam ko sana hehehe napaka lupet na agad 2thumbsup
abangers lang ako master
sir tuitorial pagka tapos hehehe hippie

Maraming salamat Sir! Kayang kaya mo rin ito for sure. Lalo na kapag magpopost na ako ng mga 'how to' guides within this thread para ma-share ko rin mga tips n tricks ko.

celes wrote:looking good man, renders are mighty real.

thumbsup

Thanks a lot Sir!

ortzak wrote:getting better sir canadium... 2thumbsup

just a little and i will dish my artlantis for this renderer..pretty good 2thumbsup

Thank you very much Sir! Kahit ito ang ginagamit kong pang-render, hindi ko pa ito binili. Hinihintay ko pa lumabas yung video card + CPU rendering version nila.

moothe wrote:night scenes rock.... 2thumbsup

Thanks a lot Sir!
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Sat May 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Extensive study, if I might say, wherein the exploration is truly evident... Worth emulating...
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Number of posts : 3372
Registration date : 21/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Sun May 23, 2010 2:32 am

Looking really good!I like the way you discuss things with the guys here. Very informative and good conversation.Thats the way i like it sana sa mga thread cause i believe thats the purpose of posting your works here.
Anyway thanks for sharing your thoughts about indigo.
About the trees,im not really sure what extension file you can import but those trees that jarul used was also available in 3ds, obj, max, and dxf file format. Or you can also use 3d conversion software. But sometimes you need to retexture the whole model if youre going to use those conversion softwares. One more option is to use onyx trees.I believe they have all the formats you needed.Ive been using it for very long time and its pretty good.Last option was xfrog.Medyo mabigat nga lng file nito and not as good as onyx but some of their models are too detailed and really good for foregrounds.
Hope that helps you a bit.See you around and just hang out here..Goodluck! thumbsup
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by allnem Sun May 23, 2010 3:31 am

2thumbsup astig sir.... 2thumbsup
allnem
allnem
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1431
Registration date : 25/08/2009

http://www.draftzvisual.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skyscraper100 Sun May 23, 2010 6:03 am

wow! awesome!! tindo mo master buttrock
skyscraper100
skyscraper100
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1487
Registration date : 04/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by silvercrown Sun May 23, 2010 6:02 pm

i really like your latest updates bro thumbsup
pero parang bitin pa rin, i know it's a work in progress so i'll reserve my comment nlng on the finished product...
it looks very promising... thumbsup
silvercrown
silvercrown
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 05/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Mon May 24, 2010 12:17 pm

cloud20 wrote:Extensive study, if I might say, wherein the exploration is truly evident... Worth emulating...

Thanks a lot Sir! A lot of trial and error experiments will truly make this thread a really long one.

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:Looking really good!I like the way you discuss things with the guys here. Very informative and good conversation.Thats the way i like it sana sa mga thread cause i believe thats the purpose of posting your works here.
Anyway thanks for sharing your thoughts about indigo.
About the trees,im not really sure what extension file you can import but those trees that jarul used was also available in 3ds, obj, max, and dxf file format. Or you can also use 3d conversion software. But sometimes you need to retexture the whole model if youre going to use those conversion softwares. One more option is to use onyx trees.I believe they have all the formats you needed.Ive been using it for very long time and its pretty good.Last option was xfrog.Medyo mabigat nga lng file nito and not as good as onyx but some of their models are too detailed and really good for foregrounds.
Hope that helps you a bit.See you around and just hang out here..Goodluck! thumbsup

Thank you very much Sir! Your help is truly appreciated. I will try Onyx tree and xfrog. I checked their websites and their trees look really nice. I have a feeling na Onyx tree siguro ang ginamit sa pag-gawa ng mga evermotion trees and they just used their own custom textures. I will scour the net for some samples to experiment on.

allnem wrote:2thumbsup astig sir.... 2thumbsup

Maraming salamat Sir!

skyscraper100 wrote:wow! awesome!! tindo mo master buttrock

Thanks a lot Sir!

silvercrown wrote:i really like your latest updates bro thumbsup
pero parang bitin pa rin, i know it's a work in progress so i'll reserve my comment nlng on the finished product...
it looks very promising... thumbsup

Thank you very much Sir!
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Mon May 24, 2010 12:34 pm

I was not able to work that much on this WIP the past week. While looking at some of the test renders and post processed renderings done two weeks ago, I decided to post some which I thought before are not worth posting . Since this is a work in progress, it is just right to show how some of the images 'evolved' from time to time.

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth11a

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth11motiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth11

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth12amotiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth12motiva

Arch Viz Study - The Farnsworth House (Updates with settings) - Page 2 Fansworth12a
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum