Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3D Max Lighting and Rendering Tips

+35
veloso
lukdoberder
tutik
rexanteria
mez
cloud20
acemahal27
archike_10
brodger
tian-tian
TheGothStudent
arkidudz
maninang
archie.l
cadmagic
Bosepvance
pricklypineapple
mr dream
nadzk3t09
3D newbie
ortzak
OwpieH
jefferson01
celes
pixelburn
v_wrangler
AJ Cortez
ARCHITHEKTHURA
Stryker
icefrik19
kurdaps!
reinner
patz_28
3DZONE
render master
39 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

3D Max Lighting and Rendering Tips - Page 2 Empty 3D Max Lighting and Rendering Tips

Post by render master Thu May 07, 2009 1:35 am

First topic message reminder :

I will be starting this Lighting and Rendering Tips... i will be putting here lighting and rendering tips, techniques, and tweaking . And if you have some request , just post it in here.

render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 3274
Registration date : 27/09/2008

Back to top Go down

3D Max Lighting and Rendering Tips - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Max Lighting and Rendering Tips

Post by celes Fri May 15, 2009 9:08 pm

it usually happens when uve got an offwhite wall next to a chalk white wall.

sometimes i cheat on this. i use a standard material with a bit of self - illumination. but i don't use 255,255,255 - it's somewhere bet 235-250. it's all about the perception of white, really.

celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

3D Max Lighting and Rendering Tips - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Max Lighting and Rendering Tips

Post by kurdaps! Fri May 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Its jut I don't go beyond 255 on all......dunno, I find diff below that range...and the min. as Sir Mushroom suggested, 235...

kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jefferson01 Sat May 16, 2009 1:59 pm

sir vertex pwede b discuss rin ung bit and float... if ok lng and kng nkakaapekto rin ung pg comp n... tia Very Happy
jefferson01
jefferson01
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sat May 16, 2009 10:18 pm

Floating point precision is a must if you are rendering to 32-bit format such as exrs or cineon. It's like your dlsr's RAW format. So if you are compositing or making exposure adjustments in post - then 32 bits is the way to go.

Floats simply extend the 255 level values. So you can have more white than the usual RGB 255,255,255.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OwpieH Sat May 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Pashare nman po ng warm sunny day exterior at afternoon position and parameters.

OwpieH
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 26/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Sun May 17, 2009 1:23 am

OwpieH wrote:Pashare nman po ng warm sunny day exterior at afternoon position and parameters.
visit mo eto sir
https://cgpinoy.forumtl.com/vray-for-3d-studio-max-tutorials-f35/vray-sun-and-vray-physical-camera-made-easy-t406.htm

render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ortzak Sun May 17, 2009 8:33 am

Pasingit mga sir!! Ask ko din. Ano ang quickest way para maging crispy ang isang scene sample, interior sa isang rendering. TIA Very Happy medyo on-going pa din ang tutorial ko hehe..
ortzak
ortzak
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 4555
Registration date : 14/01/2009

http://plandesignvisualize.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Sun May 17, 2009 1:18 pm

ortzak wrote:Pasingit mga sir!! Ask ko din. Ano ang quickest way para maging crispy ang isang scene sample, interior sa isang rendering. TIA Very Happy medyo on-going pa din ang tutorial ko hehe..

scanline or vray?

for vray - i use fixed sa anti-aliasing filter
for scanline - i use mitchell netravali sa AA nya.

render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sun May 17, 2009 7:11 pm

render master wrote:
ortzak wrote:Pasingit mga sir!! Ask ko din. Ano ang quickest way para maging crispy ang isang scene sample, interior sa isang rendering. TIA Very Happy medyo on-going pa din ang tutorial ko hehe..

scanline or vray?

"Fixed" would have no effect on the actual crispiness of the rendering. Along with qmc and adaptive subdivs, it is the algorithmn used to sample raytracing glossies or what you call image samplers. The crispy or blurred look of the rendering is still determined by the Anti-aliasing Filter regardless of what renderer you use.

So if you want to mimic Lightwave's sharpness - follow rendermaster's advice, use Mitnet or CatmullRom.

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150SP1/examples_image_sampler.htm
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ortzak Mon May 18, 2009 12:09 am

v_wrangler wrote:
render master wrote:

scanline or vray?

"Fixed" would have no effect on the actual crispiness of the rendering. Along with qmc and adaptive subdivs, it is the algorithmn used to sample raytracing glossies or what you call image samplers. The crispy or blurred look of the rendering is still determined by the Anti-aliasing Filter regardless of what renderer you use.

So if you want to mimic Lightwave's sharpness - follow rendermaster's advice, use Mitnet or CatmullRom.

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150SP1/examples_image_sampler.htm

Im using Max9 Vray1.5 sir.
Thanks for the advise sir..Godspeed thumbsup
ortzak
ortzak
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 4555
Registration date : 14/01/2009

http://plandesignvisualize.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 3D newbie Tue May 19, 2009 11:18 am

sir render master request po..lighting tuitorial sa interior n walang window..scene like basement...nhi2rapan kc ako kung pano mag set ng light pag la window..en ung placing ng light...tnx po sir in advance...
3D newbie
3D newbie
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 01/04/2009

http://adiemar-zafe.wix.com/portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post by nadzk3t09 Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:19 pm

hippie tnx sir add po kau ng mga set up ng ligths samplez peace man guitarhero lol!
nadzk3t09
nadzk3t09
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 10/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by mr dream Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:31 am

sir,
ang gamit ko kasi 3dmax 2009,meron ba itong vray,paano ito iset up sa vray

thank u

mr dream
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 05/09/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:51 am

mr dream wrote:sir,
ang gamit ko kasi 3dmax 2009,meron ba itong vray,paano ito iset up sa vray ,,thank u

vray is a 3dmax pluginns. you have to install it for you to have a vray renderer, secure one.. Very Happy

render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by pricklypineapple Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:58 am

(I guess it's about time)...this would be my contribution...
A Simplified Approach to Lighting

..and having this in mind of course, so obvious, and yet it's one thing that can be rather elusive.

...more therein, hope it helps...any suggestion, comment on it would be appreciated as well.

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by pricklypineapple on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just added text colour)
pricklypineapple
pricklypineapple
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 19/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosepvance Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm

v_wrangler wrote:
AJ Cortez wrote:How bout some tips on making materials look white? I would set my color selector to 255,255,255...but in the rendering, the material would still look off-white...any tips?

When you say off white? Overbrights? Light color can also affect material diffuse, BTW.

Anyways, here's one tip when cooking up real world 8-bit materials:

No material can return more light than it could receive, Which means - all the elements like diffuse, specularity, reflections, refractions, self-illumination etcetera should pretty sum up to a hundred percent unless you are simulating a daylight bulb.

It's a good practice to turn down the intensities of primary colors, so if you have a white object and you know it will be lit, must reflect and must show specularity - do not set the diffuse colors to 255,255,255 - because for sure when the lighting adds up - it will no longer be white, it will be overbright.

Same thing with primaries, red, blue or green (specially yellows if you will be showing work in an NTSC screen),
lower the value to at least 5 steps - so for RGB 255,000,000 make that at least 250,000,000.

sir salamat sa info na ito, ganun pala yun, matagal kong problem ito kung nilalakasan ko yung light... thanks sir!!!
Bosepvance
Bosepvance
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 20/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by cadmagic Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:46 pm

when it comes to white color issues in max, my best bet would be the color mapping. try to play with different presets and see which one will give a desired result.

enjoy

cadmagic
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 19/12/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by archie.l Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:30 am

sir ano po difference nung shutter spead sa f-number ng vray physical cam?? parang parehas lang kc pag ginamit,, at tsaka ano gamit nung Vignetting dn po,, ano pagkakaiba if naka check sa naka uncheck? tnx sir in advance
archie.l
archie.l
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 19/04/2009

http://arcki123@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cadmagic Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:32 am

F-Number, also known as a focal ratio, try altering the f-number by changing the f-stop setting on the camera’s lens. Each increment of an f-stop ( represents a decrease of light entering the lens by half the previous intensity.
The more light the lens allows into the camera, the faster the shutter speed should be set, so as not to overexpose the film. Therefore the smaller the f-number, the more light the camera lets in through the lens. So, moving to a higher f-number will halve the amount of light.

Vignetting , this gives a darkening gradient shade around the image that acts like a border. Try to crank up this value and see how this works.

I hope the above will help you understand how vray physical camera works.

enjoy

CADMAGIC - Cebu

cadmagic
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 19/12/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by maninang Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:21 am

mga bossing... ma-alam ka ba sa mental ray?? di ko kasi ma-load yung vray sa laptop ko... asar nga eh... gusto ko sana matutuhan kung pano gumawa ng cove lighting sa mental ray na gamit ang ies...

maninang
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 24/06/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:52 am

maninang wrote:mga bossing... ma-alam ka ba sa mental ray?? di ko kasi ma-load yung vray sa laptop ko... asar nga eh... gusto ko sana matutuhan kung pano gumawa ng cove lighting sa mental ray na gamit ang ies...

-use photometric lights -->>under shape use emit lights from line.
-or use photometric linear lights

render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by maninang Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:59 pm

sige gagawin ko yang turo mo... thanks...

maninang
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 24/06/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by arkidudz Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:31 pm

sir... pwede po ba malaman kung ano ang mga basic setings sa simula ng pag render ng interior using VRAY? practice palang kc ako e.... salamat po in advance

arkidudz

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 01/07/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGothStudent Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Dear Sirs / Ma'ams:

I am interested to study further about this subject matter. I am new to this and the Company I work for is giving me a 2-week deadline to produce nice 3D Scene. I just want to ask if someone can PM me a link in which I can download a PDF from.

I'm not lazy to look for it, but I have limited time and I might be wasting it looking for the wrong link.

Thank you very much!

- TheGothStudent
TheGothStudent
TheGothStudent
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 30/06/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGothStudent Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Oh sorry PM me at:
beryl.g@spazio.com
TheGothStudent
TheGothStudent
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 30/06/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 am

TheGothStudent wrote:Dear Sirs / Ma'ams:

I am interested to study further about this subject matter. I am new to this and the Company I work for is giving me a 2-week deadline to produce nice 3D Scene. I just want to ask if someone can PM me a link in which I can download a PDF from.

I'm not lazy to look for it, but I have limited time and I might be wasting it looking for the wrong link.

Thank you very much!

- TheGothStudent -
[i]

first and foremost, DONT USE RED COLORED TEXT. It denotes that you are shouting and its hard to read
second - dont know what you want.

render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next