Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CGP Community Project # 1

+13
denz_arki2008
BoySkan
rockgem
reyknow
jenaro
qui gon
torvicz
render master
eyecon01
WURPWURPS
xboy360
arkiedmund
bokkins
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

CGP Community Project # 1 - Page 2 Empty CGP Community Project # 1

Post by bokkins Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Thanks eyecon for this suggestion: Nakahighlight ang stages ng process and copied to the next reply. sundan nalang natin.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
I was inspired by bokkins post of the Stormbirds cinematic and was tempted to propose this. I figured out that instead of just thinking about it, we should do something about it para at least things would move forward... so here is my suggestion

Lets create a new thread that will hold the community project which is an animated short which will run at least 30 seconds to 3 minutes nothing more. This is how I planned it will go.

1. Create the thread
2. Start the thread with suggestions for the theme, a theme that is simple and nothing fancy, no story needed just pure visualization and effects. (we don't want it looking like an arki presentation right?) This will run for I don't know 1-2 months? Or until we agree on the theme.
3. create the concept art, everyone, all ideas na related sa theme are ok. after which we will vote for the best concepts to create into models and environments.
4. Pre-visualization and rough animatics para makikita ng lahat kung ano ang mangyayari and all will have an idea what to do.
5. Modelling and creation of the "hero" elements to be assigned to individuals na gustong gumawa.
6. Rough compositing for semi final visualization
7. Finalization of models and environments and effects
8. Final Compositing
9. Creating a movie
10. Celebration for work done!

This will be done without deadlines and at your own pace and by any member na willing. We can all individually contribute any element and tulungan pa tayo in producing a film that will give us hands on production experience at the same time enjoy pa! This will also bring discipline to newbies in the industry and help them maintain overall quality in their work.

So kailngan lng dito ay simulan na at commitment. Thats it !

LETS DOOOOOO THIS!

Last edited by bokkins on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

CGP Community Project # 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: CGP Community Project # 1

Post by xboy360 Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:30 am

Hmmm...shall we go for that style? I was thinking something different (a much more cinematic theme) but if you guys like this kind of style sir jenaro's suggesting, ok lang sakin. Iniisip ko kasi itong project na 'to ay para mashowcase yung galing natin sa CG, eh what better theme para ishowcase, dapat cinematic ang dating diba, hehehe. Very Happy

And also by life stories do you mean each of us members? Mukhang mahihirapan tayo niyan sa pag character creation kung iccreate lahat ng nagparticipate? Or were you thinking documentary style na pictures natin?
And also keep in mind that we have to do all of this in just (approx.) 30 secs like sir eyecon said...Seems hard to conceive but if you already have an idea of how it should go, I'm all ears.

Dapat yung concept natin accessible sa lahat ng manonood nitong project...at hindi yung tayo lang nakakaappreciate.

just my two cents thumbsup

xboy360
Pilote Polyvalent
Pilote Polyvalent

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 10/10/2008

http://www.xboy360.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eyecon01 Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:05 am

jenaro wrote:scene 1...the value of giving info to our cgp member...like this ung may forun of thread...tapos sasamahan na lang na real life story na isat isa...dito masaya tayo for example tapos papakita din ung scene out of cgp pinoy...ung buhay mo or ung buhay ko...parang ganun maglalaro lang ung scene...

Hi dude, this is okay, but the thing is, medyo mahaba to for 30 seconds and I guess getting an animated character to have facial expressions and a good rig this early stages is quite hard. I don't know about the others pero sa akin medyo out of my league to. Ewan ko lng ha, baka meron dyan naman na willing to take the task then why not? thumbsup

Okay para madali sa lahat, this is what we aim for muna... first 30 seconds is all about establishing the scene. Parang we are making something that does not have a story but will be a prelude to a story. So para mabilis ang lahat more muna tayo on in-animate objects and scenes dahil yun ang strengths ng karamihan dito, kung me character then dapat maximum to 1 lng muna.

We can add more as we continue to create assets and build our own skill sets. But the main purpose is we create a 30 second film that is at least at par with any game cinematics or animated shorts out there. Very Happy

Ito po ulit inspiration natin :

Very Happy
xboy360
xboy360
Pilote Polyvalent
Pilote Polyvalent

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:30 am

tama si eyecon and xboy mga bro. wag tayo masyadong magdwell ng mas malalim. kung baga, striking ang theme saka hindi predictable. pwede din ung tipong bitin na bitin. very artistic talaga ang approach. pwede ding something theatrical. gusto ko cguro sa isa sa mga projects natin, sayaw and body movement. Jazz dance. wag muna ngayon. di pa ko marunong magrig. haha. sana makaisip na tayo. lalong tumatagal, lalong lumalalim ang usapan. mababw lang muna para cool. Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by eyecon01 Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:11 pm

I'm posting a few (proposed) guidelines for all, Hindi pa to complete so this might be added or subtracted.

1. This project is for the benefit of all. The main purpose is to create, in collaboration with the community, a 30 second film that will showcase the talents and skills of the Filipino community and at the same time improve each individual's skill in his or her own craft. We will be gearing for a top notch film that will be (if possible) at par with the international animated shorts.

2. Everyone is invited to join. Just be a member of cgpinoy and you eligible to join.

3. There is no deadline for the works done. But everyone is expected to be mature enough to finish what they committed to work on.

4. There is no big or small task, every task is voluntary but if you have committed on a certain task you have to finish it.

5. As much as possible, limit yourselves to do a maximum of 2 task at a time. You can volunteer for more work if you're still willing to so.

All participants WILL BE CREDITED no matter how small the work was.

So guys, LEEEEETTTTSSSS DOOOOOO THIIIISSSS!

p.s. I'll per posting the ad soon plus the signature banner Very Happy
eyecon01
eyecon01
CGP MatPinter
CGP MatPinter

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 26/12/2008

http://ericdmatte.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jenaro Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:34 pm

Hmmm...shall we go for that style? I was thinking something different (a much more cinematic theme) but if you guys like this kind of style sir jenaro's suggesting, ok lang sakin. Iniisip ko kasi itong project na 'to ay para mashowcase yung galing natin sa CG, eh what better theme para ishowcase, dapat cinematic ang dating diba, hehehe.

And also by life stories do you mean each of us members? Mukhang mahihirapan tayo niyan sa pag character creation kung iccreate lahat ng nagparticipate? Or were you thinking documentary style na pictures natin?
And also keep in mind that we have to do all of this in just (approx.) 30 secs like sir eyecon said...Seems hard to conceive but if you already have an idea of how it should go, I'm all ears.

Dapat yung concept natin accessible sa lahat ng manonood nitong project...at hindi yung tayo lang nakakaappreciate.

just my two cents

ung nga sir showcase ung talent...automatic tyo din ung makakarelate duon...Dapat yung concept natin accessible sa lahat ng manonood nitong project...at hindi yung tayo lang nakakaappreciate. sino ba manunuod nito...tyo din naman...at ung may mga taong pede makaappreciate...maganda ung idea na for global appreciation ung dating but the fact na di naman lahat eh gaya naten na pede makarelate...soo bibigyan naten ng twist...real life...dyan na papasok ung side na pede na makarelate ung iba...ipapakita naten ung mundo naten sa mundo ng totoong buhay...papakita naten ung nanyayari sa isang cgpinoy in ang out of this forum...ung ung twist na mapapakita naten ung galing naten kung ano man mayron tyo and the same time makakarelate lahat ung gusto makarelate kasi reality na...may naiisip na nga akong scene...a boy realize his dream to become a cg artist...but....blablabla...papasok ung real life nya na naputulan ng kuryente for example un tipong makakaeffect sa dream nya...quest of life nya tapos pede naten bitinin...parang preview lang papakita naten sa movie...flash presented with dobbing...
jenaro
jenaro
Peter Pran
Peter Pran

Number of posts : 3132
Registration date : 22/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by eyecon01 Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:02 am

jenaro: hi pare thanks sa update ng post mu. no problem bro considered naman ung suggestion mu. We will have voting naman eh so ok lng. All ideas are good ideas.

BTW, I was actually expecting a 3D animation and not 2D to incorporate most of the talents we have here, but still well see what the other guys think Very Happy
eyecon01
eyecon01
CGP MatPinter
CGP MatPinter

Back to top Go down

Post by xboy360 Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:09 am

Hehe kaya nga eh medyo nagdududa ako doon sa theme na yun kasi baka maging docu-style at hindi makafocus sa 3D...Pero ok naman yung suggestion. Let's hear from the others na lang. thumbsup
xboy360
xboy360
Pilote Polyvalent
Pilote Polyvalent

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:30 am

please no characters muna. that's huge work...just a scene will do..I mean 30 sec lang naman e...

Last edited by torvicz on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:30 am

Sa akin lang guys ah, I think we have enough suggestions already. I mean, ok na to to start with. Madami pa tayong magiging project pag naging successful tong very simple cinematic natin na 30 sec. Something that would inspire the rest of the guys to join. Not only that we learn for the process, we can also take part in the whole learning process. Tons of tutorials ang kakailanganin at magagawa nito. Excited na talaga akong masimulan na natin.

Also, ang mga suggestions na hindi makukuha will be used sa mga susunod na mga community projects. Wink
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by eyecon01 Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:32 am

ok me too i guess we have enough suggestions for now.

Ok VOTING TIME! can we post this somewhere para makita ng karamihan and a lot could vote? Thanks bokkins!
eyecon01
eyecon01
CGP MatPinter
CGP MatPinter

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:33 am

akin, isang chasing scene lang muna....maganda cguro ung opening ng scene e action agad tapos later part medyo magslow....
parang behind enemy lines ang tipo....
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by eyecon01 Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:35 am

torvicz, I like that, second world war na scene with planes fying overhead and tanks, I can see close ups and plane chase with establishing shot sa city na sira... pwedeng jungle din hehehehe Very Happy
eyecon01
eyecon01
CGP MatPinter
CGP MatPinter

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:39 am

eyecon01 wrote:torvicz, I like that, second world war na scene with planes fying overhead and tanks, I can see close ups and plane chase with establishing shot sa city na sira... pwedeng jungle din hehehehe Very Happy

with planes flying very fast between mountains......two or three planes attacking a cgp jet....one by one cgp jet outsmart all of them....fire and smoke will be the main focus.....and so the story goes....
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:40 am

I think this will do for a 30 sec film....
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by eyecon01 Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:41 am

yep that sounds cool! not enough modelling just enough effects and camera moves... that souds cool! I love the CGP thing too!
eyecon01
eyecon01
CGP MatPinter
CGP MatPinter

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:41 am

planes are not that hard to medel, dude eyecon will make some matte paintings....everyone can participate..dude ronel on effects....
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:44 am

......and in the end of this 30 sec film, cgp jet reign supreme! camera focused sa cgp logo sa tail ng jet and then a pilot stepping down from the jet only his feet and leg are seen, then after that you may continue with the story and character rigging maybe...
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by xboy360 Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:44 am

Actually matagal ko na talagang gumawa ng WWII animation. Nagsuggest lang ako ng horror para iba naman. Pero the way you guys see the WWII theme, eh mas naeexcite pa ako lalo!

Cge game na para makastart na talaga tayo haha xD I'll go for WWII!!!
Very Happy

start na start na start na start na start na start na start na start na
hahhahah xD
xboy360
xboy360
Pilote Polyvalent
Pilote Polyvalent

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:45 am

imagine our own jet fighter.....
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by eyecon01 Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:46 am

a low res model ng pilot is ok. That is possible. especially pag sa distance lng.

I'm also seeing a very good camera move dito na parang handheld but not cloverfield like. mmmmmm sounds good man! I'll look forward to what the others will say...
eyecon01
eyecon01
CGP MatPinter
CGP MatPinter

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:50 am

eyecon01 wrote:a low res model ng pilot is ok. That is possible. especially pag sa distance lng.

I'm also seeing a very good camera move dito na parang handheld but not cloverfield like. mmmmmm sounds good man! I'll look forward to what the others will say...

I agree, camera move will play a big role here....aside from particle effects....dream ko tong makagawa ng scene na to kaso time won't permit....sana dito magawa natin...
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:52 am

we can also make the scene look like there is character already by adding voices of the pilots communicating to one another.....
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:53 am

It's time we make concept first on the cgp jet, the look of it...we can ask everyone to contribute their ideas..and vote which is the best...and also the scene...
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next