Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MENTAL RAY'S NEW SHADER-METASL/DIRECTX SHADER and MENTAL MILL

+4
anthony_als
bongskeigle
Norman
marcelinoiii
8 posters

Go down

MENTAL RAY'S NEW SHADER-METASL/DIRECTX SHADER and MENTAL MILL Empty MENTAL RAY'S NEW SHADER-METASL/DIRECTX SHADER and MENTAL MILL

Post by marcelinoiii Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:38 pm

Mga CGpeeps, Sirs and Masters! Very Happy

Announcement lang po. Kung maalala nyo, meron link na nashare sa atin si Sir Logikpixel re: mental materials from mentalimages.com, actually the link is mentalraytips.blog of Zap's MR.

Anyway, I have read extensively all the way down study and discovered this METASL/DIRECTX SHADER and MENTAL MILL. Idea

Although I am not too sure how new these things are but according to the blog and journal, it's only released early this year, if I am not mistaken. Please, guys, correct me if I'm wrong here... Rolling Eyes di po ko sanay sa write up and informative stuffs. I am just eager to share po. thumbsup

With that said, I would like to recommend these tools to all Mental ray users, as I have already started doing so. I can say that it is very powerful and effective. 2thumbsup

Kung may mga masters po dyan na dati na at matagal ng alam ito, tuts naman po dyan... Wink

Otherwise, I would gladly share this in a simple tutorial just to give us all an idea of what these things are and how it can help us. cheers

OK, sige po mga sirs hintayin ko po mga comments and reactions nyo regarding the topic. Shocked

-Ad Majorem dei Gloriam!!!
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 29/07/2009

Back to top Go down

MENTAL RAY'S NEW SHADER-METASL/DIRECTX SHADER and MENTAL MILL Empty Re: MENTAL RAY'S NEW SHADER-METASL/DIRECTX SHADER and MENTAL MILL

Post by Norman Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:19 pm

tignan ko yan mamaya bro sa bahay....
Norman
Norman
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3228
Registration date : 21/06/2009

Back to top Go down

MENTAL RAY'S NEW SHADER-METASL/DIRECTX SHADER and MENTAL MILL Empty Re: MENTAL RAY'S NEW SHADER-METASL/DIRECTX SHADER and MENTAL MILL

Post by bongskeigle Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:21 pm

thanks for the info sir... thumbsup
bongskeigle
bongskeigle
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 06/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:27 pm

f-fortyone wrote:tignan ko yan mamaya bro sa bahay....

OK dre, hopefully mamaster din ntin itong mental ray. with this .xmsl/metasl directx shader, mukhang madadalian na tyo. and of course with the help of our good sirs and masters here at cg pinoy thumbsup
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:30 pm

bongskeigle wrote:thanks for the info sir... thumbsup

no problem sir, hopefully maraming magpost ng samples with this shader, lalo na tuts, para sa tin lahat din...
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by anthony_als Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:45 pm

thnks for sharing sir, hindi po ako mental ray user, but ill try yo understand for the reason na malakas ito thumbsup
anthony_als
anthony_als
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 20/07/2009

http://aalsales-arch.daportfolio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:01 pm

anthony_als wrote:thnks for sharing sir, hindi po ako mental ray user, but ill try yo understand for the reason na malakas ito thumbsup

ok n ok sir! try natin ito...

and for discussion's sake, start natin dito sir, check this link:
http://mentalraytips.blogspot.com/2009/05/3ds-max-2010-metasl-and-mental-mill.html

I was impressed on the feature of max 2010 with directx shader metasl and mental mill tool to help max generate in viewport the materials and lighting in a very accurate way near to render output.

All cg peeps, read on and see for yourselves... This article basically explains the basics and foundation of what this shader tools are and how they work. cool an cool po! buttrock
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by logikpixel Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:45 am

From what I understand, ito yung version ng Mental ray nung pseudo "real-time" render. What you see in your viewport is as near as it can get to the final rendered image.

You can change lights and materials and you get to see them implemented right on the spot without having to render.

Maybe Sir Edosayla is willing to shed some light on this.

And maybe, just maybe ( I might be pushing my luck) this could be discussed or taught on the UAE EB/3D Seminar. Calling on Sir Erick, yoohoo...hehehe Wink
logikpixel
logikpixel
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 09/03/2009

http://selectiveblur.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Norman Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:51 am

wow...i hope mag work itong maganda kasi very interested din ako sa quality ng mental ray once proven...right? aabangan ko ito....
Norman
Norman
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3228
Registration date : 21/06/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by effreymm Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:07 am

maganda ito sir mental ray user din ako
effreymm
effreymm
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1617
Registration date : 17/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:43 pm

logikpixel wrote:From what I understand, ito yung version ng Mental ray nung pseudo "real-time" render. What you see in your viewport is as near as it can get to the final rendered image.

You can change lights and materials and you get to see them implemented right on the spot without having to render.

Maybe Sir Edosayla is willing to shed some light on this.

And maybe, just maybe ( I might be pushing my luck) this could be discussed or taught on the UAE EB/3D Seminar. Calling on Sir Erick, yoohoo...hehehe Wink

WOW, sir logikpixel, thanks for dropping by po... question, any possibilty for our masters and sirs to conduct online seminar regarding this subject here at cgpinoy? it would be a cool event po, I'll be waiting closely...

Sir Edosayla, busy po kyo ah... wait ka namin sir ha?? Surprised
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by logikpixel Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Try mo i-post sa help line. Mas pansin ang mga post sa help line. Smile
logikpixel
logikpixel
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:23 pm

logikpixel wrote:Try mo i-post sa help line. Mas pansin ang mga post sa help line. Smile

okai sir! try ko ilink sila dito sa discussion for the start...
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:52 pm

logikpixel wrote:Try mo i-post sa help line. Mas pansin ang mga post sa help line. Smile

update nyo lang to, napapansin naman dito. it's just that konti lang talga ang mental ray user. but this is a very good idea and we support this. thank you.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edosayla Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:02 pm

wow ... galing hehehe ... hintay lng po ang tutorials hope ko lng na ma explain ko ng maayos Smile anyway thanks for opening this thread .. excited naman kayo sa shader hehehe ..Smile
edosayla
edosayla
The Teacher
The Teacher

Number of posts : 1367
Registration date : 06/10/2008

http://www.pinoycad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Hello po Sir Bokkins, been waiting for your comments din po... thanks for dropping by. cheers

Nagpost lang din po ko sa help line as suggested by sir logikpixel, I did it to direct all interested cgpeeps here and for the attention of all masters gya nyo.

salamat po ulit.
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 pm

edosayla wrote:wow ... galing hehehe ... hintay lng po ang tutorials hope ko lng na ma explain ko ng maayos Smile anyway thanks for opening this thread .. excited naman kayo sa shader hehehe ..Smile

hehehe, great to hear from you po master edosayla. naexcite nga po tlga ko nun mkita ko ito shaders na to e... masmasaya lang po ksi pg all together matuto hehe... tska with all you sirs around, mapapabilis po growth namin newbies...

More power, Sir.

Hintay lang kami dito!
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by logikpixel Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:22 am

marcelinoiii wrote:

okai sir! try ko ilink sila dito sa discussion for the start...

Err..Ang ibig kong sabihin ay mag-post ka ng appropriate na question, not totally post the discussion sa help line hehehe. Very Happy na-misunderstood mo siguro.

bokkins wrote:

update nyo lang to, napapansin naman dito. it's just that konti lang talga ang mental ray user. but this is a very good idea and we support this. thank you.

Gaya ng sinabi ko kay Marcelino sir Boks..misundertood lang yung suggestion ko na kung sa help line siya nagpost ng specific tutorial help mas papansinin. And yes, outnumbered ang mental ray users talaga, so ang support ay hindi ganun karami.
Thanks sir Boks, and congratulations I forgot di pala kita nabati.
Smile
logikpixel
logikpixel
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:14 am

Ah ganun po ba sir logikpixel? hehe sensya na... anyway, ok naman po yun ginawa ko, I think, I only posted on help line to direct the inrested parties in our discussion here... I only quoted my intro from here so they'd get the idea of what we're having here... thanks po ulit, mali yun intindi ko sir, pero in a way, ok nmn sana yun nagawa ko... hehe kulit ko na
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 am

Ok! Helo again to all cgp's, sirs and masters:

May I have the honor to start sharing how we can get started with the Metasl/directx shaders for Max2010.

Start ko na po muna with these simple steps for us to get started...

a. go to this link: http://materials.mentalimages.com/browse.php
and start downloading all the materials from there. we have about 80-90 items in total provided by mentalimage.com for free.

b. once all these files are downloaded, unzip/extract them all to into one folder.

c. you will then have 4 folders created namely: shaders, shaders_precompiled, textures and xmsl.

d. and with the 'read me' file instructions below:

Using the Material in Autodesk 3ds Max 2010
1. Uncompress the material zip file. The following folders are created:
 shaders
 shaders precompiled
 textures
 xmsl
2. Copy MetaSL files from the shaders directory to <3ds Max root>\hardwareshaders\MetaSL.
3. If you are using the 32-bit version of 3ds Max, copy the contents of shaders_precompiled\nt-x86
to <3ds Max root>\mentalray\shaders_autoload\shaders.
4. If you are using the 64bit version of 3ds Max, copy the contents of shaders_precompiled\nt-x86-64
to <3ds Max root>\mentalray\shaders_autoload\shaders.
5. Add the textures directory to the 3ds Max texture search path.
6. In 3ds Max, create a DirectX Shader material.
7. Select the material’s .xmsl file as the DirectX Shader to use. The MetaSL material will be used in
the Max viewport and for any mental ray
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:28 am

oops naputol yun post ko... my limit po pala per post di ko napansin...
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by edosayla Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:41 pm

Sir ... to be honest ... alam ko nagagandahan ka sa mga output .. the real deal dyan kasi .. shaders po yan for game engine .. if you use it inside max .. mabagal ang pag render mo nyan .. I've test a lot of this kind na .. ginagamit kasi yan sa mga game engine which supports directx shaders like unreal tournament .. ginagawa ko na ang tutorials ko para dito try to explore muna para ma test mo din ang sinasabi ko.. u don't need this actually .. meron naman mga pro materials at meron na rin near real time viewport ang max ngayon .. hope naka help sa iyong research ...
edosayla
edosayla
The Teacher
The Teacher

Number of posts : 1367
Registration date : 06/10/2008

http://www.pinoycad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Sir Edosayla, salamat po ng marami sa enlightening words of wisdom... tama po kayo... hehe just to share my experience last night, I am about to give up on this due to the factors you mentioned, ngpapabagal s output, so very frustrating... true and correct sir... hehe, sa linya ntin di nga natin kylangan ito... mabuhay po kyo... you just made it official to me, di ito para sa atin mga designers/renderers in architecture and interior...
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by logikpixel Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:26 pm

Ayos itong discussion na ito mga sirs.

Binabati kita Marcelino at talagang pinagaralan mo out of your curiosity at willingness to learn ang direct x shaders. Cheers sa iyo!

@ Sir Edosayla: Maraming salamat sa paglilinaw tungkol sa nasabing topic. Idol talaga kita! Smile
logikpixel
logikpixel
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:50 pm

salamat sirs... anyway, di nmn po mgtatapos dito ang study ntin s shaders na to... since ok ang output, pwede pa rin ntin magamit ang materials/texture sa traditional way, I mean s normal mapping hindi po ba? since ok nmn pong ikeep sila s matlibrary natin...

thanks po tlga s inyo mga masters...
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down