Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(WIP) MR settings for Interior...seeking advice

2 posters

Go down

(WIP) MR settings for Interior...seeking advice Empty (WIP) MR settings for Interior...seeking advice

Post by onzki Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:26 am

Hi po sa lahat... I'm trying to learn Mental Ray for my conceptual Museum interior wannabe:) However, nagmukhang water color ung output tsaka ang dungis Sad .. I'm playing with GI, FG values, hula-hula lang kasi di ko alam what each parameter means. Meron po ba kayong ma-suggest or any tutorial link about FG and GI parameters. Kahit theory, ok lang. Ang habol ko for now is to learn the logic what and why to assign such value. I'm reading the Help file sa Max ngayon, pero cyempre I'm hoping that with your experience you can enlighten me more.. para doble learning ko hehe.. salamat po! 2thumbsup

onzki
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

(WIP) MR settings for Interior...seeking advice Empty Re: (WIP) MR settings for Interior...seeking advice

Post by logikpixel Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:28 pm

Gusto kitang i-congratulate sa pag-aaral ng mental ray. hehe Very Happy
Mukhang maganda ang scene na gusto mong ipakita.

Heto mga konting tips baka magamit mo (Ito'y base lang sa kakaunting nalalaman ko at natutunan ko)

1. FG (Final Gather) is used in with GI (Global Illumination) to have better output. GI alone makes blotchy renders.

2. I normally leave the default values as they are in the FG roll-out. Or you can chose in the FG Precision presets kung Draft, Low, Medium, etc...I only change the value of Diffuse Bounces from 1(minimum) to 2(maximum) but keep in mind that any changes made here is discarded if GI is turned on.

Yun muna sir. Kung meron kang specific na tanong i-post mo lang at baka pwede kitang matulungan. Smile

Keep practicing.
logikpixel
logikpixel
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 09/03/2009

http://selectiveblur.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

(WIP) MR settings for Interior...seeking advice Empty Re: (WIP) MR settings for Interior...seeking advice

Post by onzki Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:23 pm

@logikpixel:
Sir, Salamat po for droppin' by and sa mga tips that you mentioned.. ok i'll try them and practice more thumbsup

onzki
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down