Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED HELP!!!PC SPECS

+4
Alicecocoz
darwinzzkie
Santiago3
ME_nesperos_27
8 posters

Go down

NEED HELP!!!PC SPECS Empty NEED HELP!!!PC SPECS

Post by ME_nesperos_27 Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:15 pm

MGA SIR PATULONG AKO SA MGANDANG SPECS NG PC FOR ANIMATION AND UN PWDE AKO MGALAGAY MARAMI ABUBOT..30K-40K PO BUDGET KU..THANKS
ITO PO SPECS NG PC KU NGAUN, 4GB RAM, 512 ATI GRAPHICS CARD, CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR, 2.6GHZ
FOR MY THESIS PREPARATION PO SNA...SALAMAT PO SA INYONG LAHAT bounce bounce bounce Crazy_Lion
ME_nesperos_27
ME_nesperos_27
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 19/02/2009

http://mesnesperos.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP!!!PC SPECS Empty Re: NEED HELP!!!PC SPECS

Post by Santiago3 Wed May 06, 2009 2:23 am

Hello Sir..

Anong O/S po ang gagamitin ninyo? Will it be 32-bit or 64bit?

Di ko sure sa atin sa Pinas, pero sa budget equivalent ninyo dito sa Singapore, i think as of this time medyo nasa "mid" specs ang mabubuo nyo EXCLUDING Monitor. I think you could get a Quad 2.66GHz and perhaps two 500GB HDDs, a 784Mb or even a 1GB GFX Card. If you stick to a 32-bit O/S your RAM doesnt need to be any bigger than 4GB, otherwise you could up that to at least 6GB or more.

Also, the type of applications you run and the O/S will determine the cost-effective specs you will need.. eg. there are situations that a "Slower Quad" is better than a "Quicker C2 Duo", or vise versa.

For me, medyo decent pa yung present setup ninyo assuming 32bit O/S kayo tumatakbo. I am into PC D-I-Y thingy myself, and FYI, my other "older" PC is almost the same specs as yours, pero ino-overlcock ko yun, running at 3.4GHz with a tweaked-to-the-death XP Pro 32bit OS!

If money is no objection, i think the newer i7 processor with tripple memory channel and a faster GPU (eg. the X28* series ng nVidia) with 1GB RAM, 12GBRAM and Vista 64bit O/S is more desireable :-)

Lastly (OT), I'm not sure if the mods tolerate THE ALL CAPS posts such as yours.. (no offense po) but some ppl may find it offensive Wink

Peace bro, and rgds.

Santi

Santiago3
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 16/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by ME_nesperos_27 Wed May 20, 2009 9:07 am

Santiago3 wrote:Hello Sir..

Anong O/S po ang gagamitin ninyo? Will it be 32-bit or 64bit?

Di ko sure sa atin sa Pinas, pero sa budget equivalent ninyo dito sa Singapore, i think as of this time medyo nasa "mid" specs ang mabubuo nyo EXCLUDING Monitor. I think you could get a Quad 2.66GHz and perhaps two 500GB HDDs, a 784Mb or even a 1GB GFX Card. If you stick to a 32-bit O/S your RAM doesnt need to be any bigger than 4GB, otherwise you could up that to at least 6GB or more.

Also, the type of applications you run and the O/S will determine the cost-effective specs you will need.. eg. there are situations that a "Slower Quad" is better than a "Quicker C2 Duo", or vise versa.

For me, medyo decent pa yung present setup ninyo assuming 32bit O/S kayo tumatakbo. I am into PC D-I-Y thingy myself, and FYI, my other "older" PC is almost the same specs as yours, pero ino-overlcock ko yun, running at 3.4GHz with a tweaked-to-the-death XP Pro 32bit OS!

If money is no objection, i think the newer i7 processor with tripple memory channel and a faster GPU (eg. the X28* series ng nVidia) with 1GB RAM, 12GBRAM and Vista 64bit O/S is more desireable :-)

Lastly (OT), I'm not sure if the mods tolerate THE ALL CAPS posts such as yours.. (no offense po) but some ppl may find it offensive Wink

Peace bro, and rgds.

Santi
tnx sir! mas ok po b ang i7 sa quadcore? wat do you think sir? tnxmpo ulet! thumbsup
ME_nesperos_27
ME_nesperos_27
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 19/02/2009

http://mesnesperos.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by darwinzzkie Wed May 20, 2009 9:27 am

may nasaba akong dito hindi ko na maalala sa techie corner ata. someone told na 20% more faster lang daw yung i7 sa quadcore. Sad di ba dapat times much faster yung i7 provided that it has 8 buckets at sa quad is only 4.
darwinzzkie
darwinzzkie
Guwapingz
Guwapingz

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 18/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicecocoz Fri May 22, 2009 8:59 am

darwinzzkie wrote:may nasaba akong dito hindi ko na maalala sa techie corner ata. someone told na 20% more faster lang daw yung i7 sa quadcore. Sad di ba dapat times much faster yung i7 provided that it has 8 buckets at sa quad is only 4.

That depends on the applications. Sa games cguro hindi gaano kataas ang advantage niya but with renderings which are more CPU dependent, one i7 can beat two extreme quad cores combined.
Alicecocoz
Alicecocoz
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 19/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryker Fri May 22, 2009 10:18 am

go fot i7 sir.. with more than 4gb of ram... agree with sir alicocoz... god luck
Stryker
Stryker
The Architect
The Architect

Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 12/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ryancoy Fri May 22, 2009 10:07 pm

base from a couple of tests ive done in the office. i7 will be around 50 percent faster than quad core (both 2.66) when it is overclocked. We have overclocked our machine from 2.66 to 3.0 (but with much reinforced cooling system) and got almost 50 percent of the speed in rendering. But still depends from scene to scene i guess. I cant generally say for all scenes it is almost 50 percent fast when overclocked. could just be 30 to 40 percent on others.
ryancoy
ryancoy
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://fotologue.jp/ryancoy

Back to top Go down

Post by YOGI Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:35 am

Sayang Sir Hindi ko alam kung andito si Sir KGgraphics dun kasi ako kumuha ng specs tech guru din ok din un hingian ng specs. Gud luck sir
YOGI
YOGI
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 28/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by dpyxl Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:08 am

wrong thread, nasa techie section yun hinahanap mo sir, madami na ganitong query.. and naka sticky keys ka.. all-caps in a no-no sa forum..

mods alert!!

dpyxl
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 16/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down