Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3d Autocad Model > 3d Max for rendering (vray)

3 posters

Go down

3d Autocad Model > 3d Max for rendering (vray) Empty 3d Autocad Model > 3d Max for rendering (vray)

Post by iswivet Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:40 am

Hello. I'm new in this thread and also a beginner in 3ds max (i use 2013 version).
I was hoping to get help with the workflow between 3d Autocad Model to 3d Max for rendering (I installed vray).
I want to model a house in autocad 2013 and just import it to 3ds max 2013 to place some materials, textures and also render it with vray there. 

Is there any tutorial or workflow instruction that would help me with this problem? Do I have to properly layer things in autocad in  order to place materials/textures in 3ds max? How does photoshop help the rendering? 

I would really appreciate the help.  Smile Thank you very much. Smile

iswivet

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 16/06/2013

Back to top Go down

3d Autocad Model > 3d Max for rendering (vray) Empty Re: 3d Autocad Model > 3d Max for rendering (vray)

Post by bokkins Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:09 am

There are tutorials here that can address to your problem. Let me disect the process for you.

1. You work with autocad for modeling your house. You the export it to 3d max. There are ways to do it, I'm just not familiar with it right now, It's something like "linking" the models. You just research about it. I'm just giving you the idea of the workflow.

2. Once you're done with that (transfering of model to 3ds max), it's now time to texture your scene. If you will be using vray, you will have to learn about material compatible with vray. Like glass, reflections, etc. These materials are very important for it will help you achieve realism. 

3. Once you're done applying texture and adding more elements, it's now time to render. There are also tutorials on vray render settings. You may also learn about it through vray's help pages, google and youtube. They're very accessible. 

4. After rendering everything, you will need to post process it in photoshop. Photoshop will help you with the adjustments needed to achieve the final look. You may also use similar software as you want.

That's actually it. Happy rendering!
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

3d Autocad Model > 3d Max for rendering (vray) Empty acad to 3ds max

Post by abdullahglor Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:39 am

kung maalam na kayo sa auto cad sir mas maganda kasi mas madaling irender yan sa 3ds max.

from autocad files you may link it into 3ds max by using file link manager.

1. (in 3ds max) click reference under max icon from left panel scroll it and then click reference and then from there you may see file link manager then browse mo lang po yung file na gusto nyo sa auto cad madalas ko hong gawin to kasi mas presentable ang output render ng max
abdullahglor
abdullahglor
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 03/03/2013

Back to top Go down

3d Autocad Model > 3d Max for rendering (vray) Empty Re: 3d Autocad Model > 3d Max for rendering (vray)

Post by iswivet Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:27 am

Thank very much for the procedure sir bokkins., so i would be able to put the textures/material only in using vray sir?

iswivet

Back to top Go down

Post by iswivet Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:34 am

thank you sir abdullahglor!, another question. Where do I place the 3d trees/people/cars? in 3dsmax?photoshop?autocad? by any chance sir, do know any good resources or sites where this procedure is being used? because almost all of the available tutorials out there are of those who model in 3ds max, and that just take too much time to redo it. Thank you again sir.

iswivet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down