Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling the Attention of Singapore & Dubai Pipz!

+11
oby20
yaug_03
ninong
Viper_01
learn3d
DESIÑO
Maryjanelovesyou
vidasnake
celes
kurdaps!
dairybrylle
15 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Calling the Attention of Singapore & Dubai Pipz! Empty Calling the Attention of Singapore & Dubai Pipz!

Post by dairybrylle Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Hey guys/Sirs/Masters/Kuya`s & Ate`s!

If you're reading this thread, I'd like to thank you in advance for allowing me to steal a fraction of your time. Hitting the link alone means I caught your attention and the fact that you're still reading this already means a lot to me.

I'm hoping to finish my BS Architecture course this school year (crossed-fingers!!), and I am also hoping that before this year ends, I'll be able to fly to Singapore and start working on my career. 2 mos ago, I received an email from a friend asking if I'm interested to work for their company in New York. The offer was a tad bit tempting but I had to let the opportunity slip through my fingers. One reason is, I'm not ready yet (this sums up everything). Second, my uncles want me to work with them in Dubai. I've been reading various posts here in CGP and I've noticed that few of the members are working in either Singapore or Dubai. I always wanted to work in Singapore, I find the country very interesting and beautiful. I think I could easily adjust to its environment. Problem is, wala po ako masyadong kilala doon. Embarassed If I'd insist on going there, what kind of work could I possibly get? I just want to know if it'd be worth the risk. As embarrassing as this sounds, but I'm somehow scared po eh. hehe

One more question, how true is it na pwede na raw po mag-take ng board exam sa Dubai ang graduate sa Pinas? And that if he'd become a licensed architect in Dubai, he could also practice his profession in the Philippines?

Sorry for a very lengthy read. Looking forward to get a positive response from y'all! have a blessed day! Smile

Last edited by dairybrylle on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
dairybrylle
dairybrylle
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 13/05/2011

http://shaiyalim.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Calling the Attention of Singapore & Dubai Pipz! Empty Re: Calling the Attention of Singapore & Dubai Pipz!

Post by kurdaps! Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:32 pm

dairybrylle wrote:
One more question, how true is it na pwede na raw po mag-take ng board exam sa Dubai ang graduate sa Pinas? And that if he'd become a licensed architect in Dubai, he could also practice his profession in the Philippines?

Taking board exam in UAE (Dubai - Abu Dhabi) : TRUE
Passing that board exam and to practice in the Phils: YES. The main reason why to take the board exam is to practice in our home country.

Welcome to Dubai! buttrock
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Calling the Attention of Singapore & Dubai Pipz! Empty Re: Calling the Attention of Singapore & Dubai Pipz!

Post by celes Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:02 am

You should have taken that opportunity in New York.
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by vidasnake Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:19 am

in my opinion, maganda yung sa new york...why?.....its New York...thats it
vidasnake
vidasnake
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 07/12/2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Maryjanelovesyou Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:56 pm

pdeng magfollow up question mga KaCG since nasagot na namn yung tanong nung thread starter... credited ba yung experience mo sa ibang bansa, pra sa 2 years diversified experience na require pra mkapagboard sa Arki?

Maryjanelovesyou
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 11/08/2012

Back to top Go down

Post by dairybrylle Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:36 pm

kurdaps! wrote:
Taking board exam in UAE (Dubai - Abu Dhabi) : TRUE
Passing that board exam and to practice in the Phils: YES. The main reason why to take the board exam is to practice in our home country.

Welcome to Dubai! buttrock

thanks for the immediate response sir Smile
dairybrylle
dairybrylle
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by dairybrylle Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:35 pm

celes wrote:You should have taken that opportunity in New York.

vidasnake wrote:in my opinion, maganda yung sa new york...why?.....its New York...thats it

New York. the name itself is very expensive. i have to consider a lot of factors such as the cost of living, adjustment to the fast-pacing environment, and the demand from clients and heads. It would be a lie to say that the thought of moving to NY doesn't fascinate me, it in fact overwhelms me, but a huge opportunity could become a disaster ones the recipient isn't ready to handle such blessing. If it's really for me, God will surely direct me to that path. I'm still praying for it though. Embarassed
dairybrylle
dairybrylle
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:06 pm

dairybrylle wrote:
celes wrote:You should have taken that opportunity in New York.

vidasnake wrote:in my opinion, maganda yung sa new york...why?.....its New York...thats it

New York. the name itself is very expensive. i have to consider a lot of factors such as the cost of living, adjustment to the fast-pacing environment, and the demand from clients and heads. It would be a lie to say that the thought of moving to NY doesn't fascinate me, it in fact overwhelms me, but a huge opportunity could become a disaster ones the recipient isn't ready to handle such blessing. If it's really for me, God will surely direct me to that path. I'm still praying for it though. Embarassed

Ika nga sa kanta "if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere" :p. anyway that's your choice. singapore is also good, very fast paced rin but in a good way. quite expensive to live here though, but since you're still single you shouldn't find it difficult to work and live here.
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by DESIÑO Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:34 pm

-lahat ok, sympre mas ok ang new york,

-yes you can exam and review also
DESIÑO
DESIÑO
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 10/08/2012

Back to top Go down

Post by dairybrylle Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:47 pm

celes wrote:
Ika nga sa kanta "if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere" :p. anyway that's your choice. singapore is also good, very fast paced rin but in a good way. quite expensive to live here though, but since you're still single you shouldn't find it difficult to work and live here.

hurray for being single! yahoo! kita kitz na lang po kuya. if by any chance maligaw ako dyan, pakituro na lang po ng tamang daan.hehe Laughing
dairybrylle
dairybrylle
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by learn3d Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Singapore is the safer choice. You need to be tough to live in new york.
If you're aiming for financial security and routine lifestyle its SG. More spontaneous and rich cultural experience its NY.

Last edited by learn3d on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

learn3d
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 24/09/2012

Back to top Go down

Post by dairybrylle Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:56 pm

DESIÑO wrote:-lahat ok, sympre mas ok ang new york,

-yes you can exam and review also

i haven't closed my doors yet for NY. i might change my mind and grab the opportunity instead `coz my tenacious mind just wont let go of the possibilities and what-ifs (and perhaps because im, unfortunately, a girl who keeps changing her mind). Pero kung matuloy man ako sa Singapore or Dubai, kita-kitz na lang po tayo! Yeeey!! ^___^

if ever po ba, madali lang kaya ako makakakuha ng trabaho dun?
dairybrylle
dairybrylle
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by dairybrylle Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Maryjanelovesyou wrote:pdeng magfollow up question mga KaCG since nasagot na namn yung tanong nung thread starter... credited ba yung experience mo sa ibang bansa, pra sa 2 years diversified experience na require pra mkapagboard sa Arki?

sabi po ng ilang architect na kilala ko, di raw po.. Neutral
dairybrylle
dairybrylle
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by dairybrylle Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:12 pm

learn3d wrote:Singapore is the safer choice. You need to be tough to live in new york.
If you're aiming for financial security and routine lifestyle its SG. More spontaneous and rich cultural experience its NY.

True. Although I'm more of a spontaneous person, I couldn't risk living in NY unprepared. Siguro few months or maybe a year in SG would make me ready to hit NY noh? What really confuses me is whether to go to SG or Dubai. Mahal din daw kasi ang cost of living sa SG baka di rin ako makapag-ipon.
dairybrylle
dairybrylle
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by learn3d Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:25 pm

I'd say go for SG then. For me its a good place and I have a few friends who are already citizens there. Once you're a citizen more doors will open.
Halos pareho naman ata cost of living between sg and dubai pero advantage lang is you have relatives in dubai so mas sigurado pagdating mo work na agad. Hehe.
As for me I went through the same thing as you but I went with the life experience not the financial security. Best 5 years of my life like living a dream that time. So think about NY 10 times more. Hehe.

learn3d
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 24/09/2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper_01 Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Dapat ready ka emotionally and technically,,kc hindi sa lahat ng oras mabait ang boss mu,,,
Viper_01
Viper_01
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 04/05/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by dairybrylle Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:12 am

learn3d wrote:I'd say go for SG then. For me its a good place and I have a few friends who are already citizens there. Once you're a citizen more doors will open.
Halos pareho naman ata cost of living between sg and dubai pero advantage lang is you have relatives in dubai so mas sigurado pagdating mo work na agad. Hehe.
As for me I went through the same thing as you but I went with the life experience not the financial security. Best 5 years of my life like living a dream that time. So think about NY 10 times more. Hehe.

I was quite certain to go to either SG or Dubai a while ago but now I'm having more doubts. errr..
Kahit naman mag-Dubai ako, ayoko rin naman umasa sa relatives ko. Ay naku..ikaw ah, pinapalito moko lalo. di ko na tuloy alam san ako pupunta. hehehe tongue
dairybrylle
dairybrylle
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by dairybrylle Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:18 am

Viper_01 wrote:Dapat ready ka emotionally and technically,,kc hindi sa lahat ng oras mabait ang boss mu,,,

masusungit po ba mga boss sa ibang bansa? sabi nong kakilala ko na nagwork dati sa dubai, di raw safe para sa mga babae na magtrabaho dun. Neutral
dairybrylle
dairybrylle
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by ninong Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:02 am

sa akin kahit saan basta maganda ang kita doon ako. its my opinion only. pero kung pala uwi ka sa pinas mag SG na kasi malapit lang sa pinas.
ninong
ninong
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 26/12/2008

http://www.gilbertcpenaflor.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yaug_03 Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:43 am

dairybrylle wrote:
Viper_01 wrote:Dapat ready ka emotionally and technically,,kc hindi sa lahat ng oras mabait ang boss mu,,,

masusungit po ba mga boss sa ibang bansa? sabi nong kakilala ko na nagwork dati sa dubai, di raw safe para sa mga babae na magtrabaho dun. Neutral
Magpatubo ka na lang ng bigote tongue
BTT:New York for me!Grab the oppurtunity Smile
yaug_03
yaug_03
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 05/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by oby20 Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:03 am

prc is giving board exam in dubai for filipino to have that opportunity para hindi na sila uuwi dito para lang mag exam.
kung gusto mo work abroad na malapit lang at mkakauwi ka agad, singapore is the choice, pero mahirap mag ipon doon because high salary nga but the cost of living is also very high. sa middle east malayo sa pamilya mahirap makauwe but mas mura ang cost of living, people who needs or wants more income, they go to middle east rather singapore. madami nako kaibigan na galing singapore na lumipat sa qatar because of salary. Calling the Attention of Singapore & Dubai Pipz! 523692
oby20
oby20
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 23/04/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper_01 Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:53 am

dairybrylle wrote:

di naman sa masungit yung mga boss pag nasa ibang bansa,,iba kc ang working environment ng isang company tska ng isang country,,,kng lalaki mag pahaba ng buhok tska bigote medyu safe kna nun pag nag work ka ng arab country,,,
Viper_01
Viper_01
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 04/05/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by dairybrylle Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:04 am

oby20 wrote:prc is giving board exam in dubai for filipino to have that opportunity para hindi na sila uuwi dito para lang mag exam.
kung gusto mo work abroad na malapit lang at mkakauwi ka agad, singapore is the choice, pero mahirap mag ipon doon because high salary nga but the cost of living is also very high. sa middle east malayo sa pamilya mahirap makauwe but mas mura ang cost of living, people who needs or wants more income, they go to middle east rather singapore. madami nako kaibigan na galing singapore na lumipat sa qatar because of salary. Calling the Attention of Singapore & Dubai Pipz! 523692

as in? nakakalito naman. sabi nung kakilala ko marami din daw naglilipatan sa singapore from dubai or qatar kasi nakakamatay daw ang boredom dun. daig mo pa raw ang walang buhay dun. gusto ko makaipon kahit konti para makapag-aral ulit ako ng interior design as my 2nd course pero ayoko naman mamatay sa sobrang lungkot dun. Sad

yaug_03 wrote:Magpatubo ka na lang ng bigote tongue
BTT:New York for me!Grab the oppurtunity Smile

yan nga din po ginawa nung pinsan ko eh. okay lang sa kanya kasi lalake naman sya. eh ako? pano ko naman kaya yan gagawin sa pagmumukha ko? Very Happy

ninong wrote:sa akin kahit saan basta maganda ang kita doon ako. its my opinion only. pero kung pala uwi ka sa pinas mag SG na kasi malapit lang sa pinas.

salamat po kuya. Smile yon nga paalala ng mama ko, baka daw ako ma-homesick

Viper_01 wrote:di naman sa masungit yung mga boss pag nasa ibang bansa,,iba kc ang working environment ng isang company tska ng isang country,,,kng lalaki mag pahaba ng buhok tska bigote medyu safe kna nun pag nag work ka ng arab country,,,

seryoso pala talaga yang pahabaan ng bigote?? eh pano naman po pag babae??? Shocked
dairybrylle
dairybrylle
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by oby20 Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:49 am

lakasan lang ng loob, hindi ka naman malulungkot tlaga kase madami naman pinoy dun. yung kaibigan ko nasa SG dati, ngayon nasa qatar at dubai, kase sa SG mahal ang upa sa bahay, mahal ang pagkain mas mahal ang bilihin kung ikumpara sa midle east,and sabi nila mas bugbog daw sila sa trbaho sa SG kesa ngayon sa qatar, and naniniwala ako dun dahil nakapag work nako dto sa pinas sa isang Singaporean company na may office dto, and they are right, sanay sa long working hours ang mga singaporean, dapat sabayan mo sila at makisama ka sa ganun working habits nila.
pero dahil babae ka naman mas bagay siguro sayo sa SG magwork. yun magiging asawa mo naman ang bubuhay sayo hindi mo kelangan magpakahirap sa middle east Calling the Attention of Singapore & Dubai Pipz! 290602
oby20
oby20
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 23/04/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by theomatheus Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:15 am

bakit di mo UNANG subukan ang NY... pag ayaw mo na go to SG and madali ka ng makakaadjust dun at mas madali kang makapasok dahil malaking POGI POINTS din pag galing ka at nag trabaho ka sa NY... Smile..
theomatheus
theomatheus
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 06/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next