Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering"

+57
sniper
Norman
rexdagoan
rckwll
cos_2525
IONIC
kieko
jheteg
edosayla
silvercrown
Galaites07
imanskoi
cadmagic
romanredice
gamer_11
jarul
tsukoy
inneridea
mammoo_03
glennsantos
aldwin
ymhon
anthony_als
axel
jhames joe albert infante
jenaro
allnem
ciaoriki
gio_arki
ortzak
rica
KONGRESMAN
ryancoy
supermanhbm
jovanie_
katt_woman
nomeradona
AUSTRIA
wesley14
render master
a.espinosa
tutik
Butz_Arki
ERICK
AJ Cortez
warrakz
3DZONE
bokkins
cloud20
denz_arki2008
Mastersketzzz
cubi_o:
dpyxl
kurdaps!
abl_langs
hans
torvicz
61 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

"Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering" - Page 5 Empty "Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering"

Post by torvicz Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:54 am

First topic message reminder :

You might have some tips and tricks on how to speed up your rendering, care to share them with us?
It may be about material set up, lighting set up, or the number of mesh...anything.

Any information regarding this would be a great help not only for me but for all of us here in the community.
I'm hoping you could help...

Thank you in advance...
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

"Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering" - Page 5 Empty Re: "Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering"

Post by cloud20 Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:34 am

torvicz wrote:
Galaites07 wrote:ito sir tip ko...

let us all elevate ourselves during the process so will not all end up always to be facing the monitor and rendering.

vray-proxy pa rin sa akin.

dude paki elaborate naman to....TIA

hehehe dude... master Galaites is like a monk from the highest regions of Tibet... He will give you wisdom... but you have to swim the deepest trenches of the oceans to look for it... and even if you find it, it will still be encrypted in code not even the almighty could crack... hehehehe...

cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Number of posts : 3372
Registration date : 21/09/2008

Back to top Go down

"Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering" - Page 5 Empty Re: "Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering"

Post by silvercrown Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:30 am

Galaites07 wrote:
let us all elevate ourselves during the process so will not all end up always to be facing the monitor and rendering.

gusto ko pa rin marinig explanation ni master Galaites dito...

for me it seems like a seer's prophecy... i think he's talking about the future here... a device, a gadget or something... (i hope master Galaites is not that cryptic this time...)
if i could picture it in my mind correctly... it's some kind of a device attached to critical points of our brain, wherein we can do "rendering" without the need of a monitor thus elevating the process... Question
in short, its doing the rendering in your brain, download it to a memory card... print it... email it... etc... inuman na
Who needs to face a "monitor" all the time Twisted Evil
silvercrown
silvercrown
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 05/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:44 am

http://www.mentalimages.com/products/iray.html

http://randomcontrol.com/arion

Last edited by Galaites07 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 04/01/2010

http://galaites30.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:45 am

http://www.3datstech.com/

about buying your rendering machine.

Last edited by Galaites07 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:46 am

http://www.cgindia.org/2005/11/simian-v-ray-arch-materials-vol-1.html

use of plug-in materials will also accelerate your rendering time.

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:16 am

@silvercrown- use video post when rendering specially interiors with a lot of camera view..automatic continious rendering one camera view to another. save a lot of time specially leave it rendering on its own at night.

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by edosayla Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:20 pm

too many tips and tricks on how to speed up rendering at the end depends again sa needs and wants, and i believe na kahit anong way pa yan you need to have an experience about it .. ika nga prove mo muna bago mo e bigay. For me base sa experience ko compositing pa rin ang kailangan matutunan kahit pangit ang render mo pag alam mo mag composite gaganda ang output mo .. hope naka help.
edosayla
edosayla
The Teacher
The Teacher

Number of posts : 1367
Registration date : 06/10/2008

http://www.pinoycad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:41 pm

edosayla wrote:too many tips and tricks on how to speed up rendering at the end depends again sa needs and wants, and i believe na kahit anong way pa yan you need to have an experience about it .. ika nga prove mo muna bago mo e bigay. For me base sa experience ko compositing pa rin ang kailangan matutunan kahit pangit ang render mo pag alam mo mag composite gaganda ang output mo .. hope naka help.

---exxxxxxxxxxxxactlyyyyyyy... maco-confuse lang nyan kaming mga baguhang nagrerender eh; daming tips & tricks- lahat ba ito gagawin ko sa isang scene lang?... maestro Edosayla has ponted out the crucial factors here; wants/needs + experience. Different strokes for different folks...
I could post a thousand links here that will touch on almost all the subjects in rendering, sure I have read through all of them, but I can't honestly say that I know how to use them EFFECTIVELY. Ang mangyayari non pagkabasa ko alam ko ang basic concepts, after that wala na. Jack of all trades; master of none.
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by jheteg Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:40 pm

edosayla wrote:too many tips and tricks on how to speed up rendering at the end depends again sa needs and wants, and i believe na kahit anong way pa yan you need to have an experience about it .. ika nga prove mo muna bago mo e bigay. For me base sa experience ko compositing pa rin ang kailangan matutunan kahit pangit ang render mo pag alam mo mag composite gaganda ang output mo .. hope naka help.

i have to agree kay teacher edosayla. para po kasing umikot ang utak ko sa dami ng tips. yes, some are helpful and easy to follow but most hindi ko man po naintidihan Question Question Question . hehehe.
jheteg
jheteg
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 14/05/2010

https://jheteg.carbonmade.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaites07 Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:40 am

tama nga si teacher...agree na rin ako.

Galaites07
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by kieko Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:59 am

i'll share mine..

its not actually focus on the rendering part but more of the process of rendering, ok lang po ba yun?
this might be a help for other members

During free time, practice practice practice...
try to make a study of your desired lighting, texturing and settings on different situations of different events..
create your standard settings for different materials such as walls, glass, paves, etc.; render and lighting settings for different moods and ambience..

so when real projects come, you dont have to start from nothing cause you already encountered them during practice..

with this, you'll save time on making the scene so rendering can be faster due to time save..
(note an expert but this really help me a lot)

hehe..parang hindi sya para dito sa thread pero share lang po..
Godbless
kieko
kieko
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 08/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by IONIC Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:05 am

wow the best tip i ever had from you guys,...thanks a lot sirs and masters.....this very useful 2thumbsup
IONIC
IONIC
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 07/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by cos_2525 Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:08 am

bago lang ako dito sa cgpinoy, pero marami akung natutunan dito, lahat nang tips dito sinusulat ko sa notes ko tapos try ko lahat, if it comes from all the master hindi ako magsasayang kahit isa, para mabilis yung improvement ko sa 3d max. thanks sa mga master na continue nag share. "Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering" - Page 5 290602 "Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering" - Page 5 290602 "Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering" - Page 5 290602 hehe no time to write copy notes first hehe.

cos_2525
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 25/04/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by rckwll Thu May 05, 2011 8:59 am

just want to share..

1. First, make all things clean and simple. The things that make rendering too long are high-reso texture maps, high detail shadow map, high-resolution polygons, unwanted nodes, unused nodes or objects. So before rendering try to make everything clean.

2. About texture maps, you can convert high-resolution texture maps to a .map format since this is mental rays native format. Also this kind of format automatically computes what resolution it needs for close distance it will use a right resolution and for far distance from camera it will use less resolution.

3. About object subdivisions, yes it will definitely slows down your rendering but not really that much compared to high-reso textures or shaders. In the film world they use high-poly objects and low to mid poly for games.

4. Shadows are very important. You must know what kind of shadow to use in your scene. I used Raytrace shadows only to the Key Light (main source of light) and other light or bounce light use soft shadows. Be Careful though to use depth-map shadows in mental rays since mental ray doesnt really understands those disk map etc.. instead use mental rays soft shadow.

too many light casting raytrace shadows will slows down your rendering or it can even crash.

5. If your doing a scene with a heavy count of polys. You can separate each elements or group of elements then put them all together to compositing.

6. Having a Lighting Reference would also help you what look you are trying to achieve and use less lights or sometimes avoid overdoing the lighting.

Hope it helps ^^

rckwll

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 05/05/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by rexdagoan Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:36 pm

buy high end computer the highest specs you could afford, and keep it well ventilated as much as possible. an air con room would be the best place to work with. Wink
rexdagoan
rexdagoan
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 06/04/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Norman Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:40 pm

rexdagoan wrote:buy high end computer the highest specs you could afford, and keep it well ventilated as much as possible. an air con room would be the best place to work with. Wink

bibilis ba talaga ang render pag malamig ang kwarto?beside its regular fan ng CPU?
Norman
Norman
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3228
Registration date : 21/06/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by sniper Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:37 am

thank you for sharing..
sniper
sniper
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 22/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:19 am

f-41 wrote:
rexdagoan wrote:buy high end computer the highest specs you could afford, and keep it well ventilated as much as possible. an air con room would be the best place to work with. Wink

bibilis ba talaga ang render pag malamig ang kwarto?beside its regular fan ng CPU?

--hehe, kakaibang magbigay ng tip eh no sir?.. "Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering" - Page 5 290602
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by yaug_03 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:14 am

cloud20 wrote:
f-41 wrote:

--hehe, kakaibang magbigay ng tip eh no sir?.. "Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering" - Page 5 290602

baka ibig niya sabihin mas gaganahan tayo magtrabaho pag aircon:P
yaug_03
yaug_03
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 05/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:26 am

@sir Yaug_03.. pwedeee..
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Valiant Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:16 am

rexdagoan wrote:... keep it well ventilated as much as possible. an air con room would be the best place to work with. Wink

definitely worth considering "Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering" - Page 5 808695 kakaiba ang dating ng tip na 'to pero kung papansinin natin kapag stable ang temperature ng cpu at hindi nag-ooverheat mas mabilis sya talaga kasi walang freezing...
Valiant
Valiant
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 25/03/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ninong Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:36 pm

agree ako kay sir. may thread po ba tayo para sa compositing?
ninong
ninong
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 26/12/2008

http://www.gilbertcpenaflor.webs.com

Back to top Go down

"Tips n' Tricks on how to speed up rendering" - Page 5 Empty How To Speed Up After Effects Rendering

Post by tripoly007 Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks guys, great tips. For rendering, I need all the tips I can get! I have one question! My question is "How do you increase the picture accuracy? Is that the superiority situation (draft, high, best, etc)?" Any suggestions?

tripoly007

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 16/06/2013

http://www.tripolystudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5