Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is the submission of max file (for render setup evaluation Daw po) necessary for hiring ?

4 posters

:: General :: Tambayan

Go down

is the submission of max file (for render setup evaluation Daw po) necessary for hiring ?  Empty is the submission of max file (for render setup evaluation Daw po) necessary for hiring ?

Post by mEejan Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:58 am

is the submission of max file (for render setup evaluation) necessary ?

i have doubts with this guy, named John F. earlier this day this guy texted me saying their company is in need of a part time architectural visualizer, so i sent an email with a link to my Online Portfolio, and i asked him who referred me to him, he replied, none, nakita ko lang sa cgpinoy.(i think he's talking about my sig)..

then later this day he called me, said, he will send a 3d model of their project with the textures.,irender ko daw and send the output back to his email TOGETHER WITH THE .MAX file of scene.
i started to have doubts, ang sabi ko hindi po yata pwede yun sir then he said, Kilala mo ba si V_WRANGLER? sya yung big boss natin dito, i will forward your output and your maxfile to him para maevaluate at macorrect yung settings para gumaling ka lalo. then pag okey na, you will have your own projects and tuloy tuloy na. i simply replied sige po,
to cut the conversation.

i dont have any idea if this sort of "audition" to get hired is true.
i just have my doubts.
na share ko lang, baka may tumawag din sa inyo.
and clarify ko narin po kung alam ba ni sir V to.
hingi na rin ng advice.
and lastly, ingat po tayong lahat. i think, there's nothing wrong with nagiging sigurado with things like this.
salamat cg pinoy peace man Very Happy

Last edited by mEejan on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
mEejan
mEejan
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 30/05/2009

Back to top Go down

is the submission of max file (for render setup evaluation Daw po) necessary for hiring ?  Empty Re: is the submission of max file (for render setup evaluation Daw po) necessary for hiring ?

Post by kurdaps! Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:21 am

Hmmmm....I have a doubt with this one. We'll wait for VW side if this is factual.

By the way, do you have the 3DS file with you now?

kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

is the submission of max file (for render setup evaluation Daw po) necessary for hiring ?  Empty Re: is the submission of max file (for render setup evaluation Daw po) necessary for hiring ?

Post by mEejan Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:23 am

kurdaps! wrote:Hmmmm....I have a doubt with this one. We'll wait for VW side if this is factual.

By the way, do you have the 3DS file with you now?

/just checked my inbox. i still don't have it, but he said he will send it this evening.
mEejan
mEejan
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:03 am

Thanks kuya cloud and kurdaps, yours truly signing in from his galaxy s2! Naks!

Now, letseng galaxy to di ako makapagtype ng matino,

Last edited by v_wrangler on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:17 am

OK, I'm back. nothing beats the pc for lolos liek me!

First, mejan, if you're the other John or Jan, let me tell you that I have checked your site early today - you've got good taste.

Second, yes your max file is a must for me if I will be hiring you. You ask why? well at least I know how to correct you and assist you if I find something wrong with your render.

Third, John F. is just being nice to you to offer the same opportunity I gave him and the same opportunities I've been offering to other friends in the forum. (I just didn't expected that the talk will reach cgp)

I did not publicly announce my intention because I am not ready to divulge any details of my plans. But hey, here we go.

Fourth, tungkol sa "para lalong gumaling ka" that is partly correct to humbly say my intentions are just the same. Para gumaling ka, para gumaling tayong lahat. I am party embarrassed of the good words and elated that I am looked upon liek that by some people. I will make sure I do not fail them.

I am at the verge of retirement. There is nothing else I want to do but to share what I know and at the same time make sure that the little knowledge turn into cash, not just for me but for everyone as well.

Fifth, you ask again then why I need the files. I say - I need them to evaluate why your output is so and so and I have no further use of them except for the fact that in any case I would ask you to correct your renders, I already know where you have gone wrong and point you to the same direction.

Sixth, Is it necessary to submit the max files? Well yes if you will be working on my client's projects and me fronting for you. My clients will not pay me and eventually you if they do not get what they want. All they care about is the render nothing else. And all I care about is making sure they get what they want. And I can only do that if you are already good enough or still wanting to be good. With the latter - I have the confidence to turn you into one. Of course that is until I get to see what you lack and what you need to know.

So the bottomline, Yes, John F is legit and my offer is also legit.

And to all you good animators out there. If you know you have what it takes, let me know and lets talk about getting you a job where I am ( I am everywhere lately btw).

I will be on recruiting mode for character animators, modelers and all around guys by Decemeber.

For Arkiviz guys - thats the reason why I am pooling freelancers - If this turn out to be a viable business then I will turn this fullblast. Fullblast means regular work.

Did I answer your question now, Mejan?

Last edited by v_wrangler on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:28 am

And if you receive the maxfile to work on - DO NOT EVER ATTEMPT TO DISTRIBUTE THEM!

Those files are proprietary. It is a bad file. Bad render file. We give it away only to a select few so I can see how they can turn a bad work to a better one.

Again, do not attempt to distribute it without my approval.

Or I will hunt you down and turn you into particle flow'ed ash arrays...
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:50 am

"I did not publicly announce my intention because I am not ready to divulge any details of my plans. But hey, here we go"

"I am at the verge of retirement. There is nothing else I want to do but to share what I know and at the same time make sure that the little knowledge turn into cash, not just for me but for everyone as well. "

I also want to learn ... more!

Back to top Go down

Post by mEejan Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:16 pm

v_wrangler wrote:OK, I'm back. nothing beats the pc for lolos liek me!

First, mejan, if you're the other John or Jan, let me tell you that I have checked your site early today - you've got good taste.

Second, yes your max file is a must for me if I will be hiring you. You ask why? well at least I know how to correct you and assist you if I find something wrong with your render.

Third, John F. is just being nice to you to offer the same opportunity I gave him and the same opportunities I've been offering to other friends in the forum. (I just didn't expected that the talk will reach cgp)

I did not publicly announce my intention because I am not ready to divulge any details of my plans. But hey, here we go.

Fourth, tungkol sa "para lalong gumaling ka" that is partly correct to humbly say my intentions are just the same. Para gumaling ka, para gumaling tayong lahat. I am party embarrassed of the good words and elated that I am looked upon liek that by some people. I will make sure I do not fail them.

I am at the verge of retirement. There is nothing else I want to do but to share what I know and at the same time make sure that the little knowledge turn into cash, not just for me but for everyone as well.

Fifth, you ask again then why I need the files. I say - I need them to evaluate why your output is so and so and I have no further use of them except for the fact that in any case I would ask you to correct your renders, I already know where you have gone wrong and point you to the same direction.

Sixth, Is it necessary to submit the max files? Well yes if you will be working on my client's projects and me fronting for you. My clients will not pay me and eventually you if they do not get what they want. All they care about is the render nothing else. And all I care about is making sure they get what they want. And I can only do that if you are already good enough or still wanting to be good. With the latter - I have the confidence to turn you into one. Of course that is until I get to see what you lack and what you need to know.

So the bottomline, Yes, John F is legit and my offer is also legit.

And to all you good animators out there. If you know you have what it takes, let me know and lets talk about getting you a job where I am ( I am everywhere lately btw).

I will be on recruiting mode for character animators, modelers and all around guys by Decemeber.

For Arkiviz guys - thats the reason why I am pooling freelancers - If this turn out to be a viable business then I will turn this fullblast. Fullblast means regular work.

Did I answer your question now, Mejan?

and its clear sir v_w. thanks for your reply. im sorry for the doubts. im just being sure, i think there is nothing wrong with that. thanks again sir v. i will work on that sir, and will send it to john f right away. sorry for the doubts that i had, nanigurado lang po, and wala nang mapag tanungan kung di cgp. i recieved the file, and im working on it.. admins, sorry for the stir up.apologies sir v. Smile
mEejan
mEejan
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:50 pm

No problem at all! I look forward to your tests!
Goodluck!
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jjcatuiran Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:35 pm

wow swerte naman. sana masendan din ako nyan sir V. hehehe
jjcatuiran
jjcatuiran
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 29/04/2011

http://catviz.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down