Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with Depth of field manual settings...

3 posters

Go down

Help with Depth of field manual settings... Empty Help with Depth of field manual settings...

Post by vonlorena Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:57 pm

hello mga cgpeeps masters of photography...i'm new in photography, i just bought me new CANON EOS 500D DSLR, i just want to ask your opinion regarding the best setting for taking a close up photo of a subject...best aperture, shutter speed and iso speed for indoor and outdoor...i want the one with a blurry background and a sharp image of the subject....thanks po in advance... Help with Depth of field manual settings... 290602

merry christmas po sa inyong lahat at manigong bagong taon santa
vonlorena
vonlorena
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 12/09/2010

Back to top Go down

Help with Depth of field manual settings... Empty Re: Help with Depth of field manual settings...

Post by tutik Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:21 pm

for headshots for example, go for f2.8, 30secs at least. you will start losing bokeh when you set to f4, f5 onwards. if your hand is not stable, set to a faster shutter speed. start with the lowest iso possible to keep the noise minimal.

why you want to set to bigger aperture (f1.8-2.8) is to get bokeh.

why you want to set to a faster shutter speed (1/100sec-1/200sec) is to freeze moving subjects.

why you want to increase iso (800-1600) is to compensate for underexposure (dark images) but with the expense of noise.

Help with Depth of field manual settings... 10167288@N07
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Number of posts : 1715
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Help with Depth of field manual settings... Empty Re: Help with Depth of field manual settings...

Post by vonlorena Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:26 pm

tutik wrote:for headshots for example, go for f2.8, 30secs at least. you will start losing bokeh when you set to f4, f5 onwards. if your hand is not stable, set to a faster shutter speed. start with the lowest iso possible to keep the noise minimal.

why you want to set to bigger aperture (f1.8-2.8) is to get bokeh.

why you want to set to a faster shutter speed (1/100sec-1/200sec) is to freeze moving subjects.

why you want to increase iso (800-1600) is to compensate for underexposure (dark images) but with the expense of noise.

thanks po sir tutik sa mga tips, will work on it later hehehe excited na ako...i also find sir kamrender's tips useful...depth of field table niya for newbies...sarap talagang maging cgpinoy... Help with Depth of field manual settings... 290602
vonlorena
vonlorena
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:31 pm

just go to this link

http://www.cgpinoy.org/t4642-depth-of-field-table

render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 3274
Registration date : 27/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by vonlorena Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:36 pm

render master wrote:just go to this link

[url=http://www.cgpinoy.org/t4642-depth-of-field-table
http://www.cgpinoy.org/t4642-depth-of-field-table[/quote[/url]]

sir render master salamat po sa link na ito very useful po! Very Happy
vonlorena
vonlorena
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down