Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palace of Westminster

+38
nazzerlicyayo
jandy
lance
CNgarcia
bicolano
BOYLiLiT
rasmus
wangbu
tutik
anthony_als
skyscraper100
alwin
qcksilver
kurdaps!
brodger
allnem
markitekdesign
ERICK
Crainelee
jorgei2style
cubi_o:
celes
arkiedmund
ortzak
Norman
whey09
Canadium
marcelinoiii
christine
yaug_03
dpyxl
theomatheus
3DZONE
epjarchitect
vamp_lestat
nomeradona
torvicz
ARCHITHEKTHURA
42 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 Empty Palace of Westminster

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thanks for viewing..

Last edited by ARCHITHEKTHURA on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:19 am; edited 31 times in total
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 Empty Re: Palace of Westminster

Post by celes Sat May 29, 2010 3:41 am

"a scar in the face of paris" - the davinci code

hehe. nice shots jeff!

celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ortzak Sat May 29, 2010 4:28 am

nice shot sir..stunningly beautiful 2thumbsup someday sana makapunta din ako dyan..................
ortzak
ortzak
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 4555
Registration date : 14/01/2009

http://plandesignvisualize.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skyscraper100 Sat May 29, 2010 6:35 am

wow ganda ng mga kuha mo master! at ang mga lugar wow!
skyscraper100
skyscraper100
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1487
Registration date : 04/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Sun May 30, 2010 1:43 am

@Alwin,Sir Ortzak,skyscraper-Thanks po mga sirs!

@Sir celes-Yes!Definitely scar in the face of paris!Ang daming controversy nito even before construction.
One ridiculous claim: It has been claimed by some that the glass panes in the Louvre Pyramid number exactly 666, "the number of the beast", often associated with Satan. hehehe.They just dont wanna see this pyramid in front of the museum. Very Happy
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:58 am

Heres another series.Again i think some of these shots were shared already.Ngayon ko lang talga naharap to edit and post all of them.Still updating my multiply account and kinukumpleto ko as much as possible bago pa aksidenteng mabura sa mga hard disk ko to. Thanks for viewing and hope you guys like it..

Eiffel Tower
Gustave Eiffel
Dec 2009

The structure was built between 1887 and 1889 as the entrance arch for the Exposition Universelle, a World's Fair marking the centennial celebration of the French Revolution. Three hundred workers joined together 18,038 pieces of puddled iron (a very pure form of structural iron), using two and a half million rivets, in a structural design by Maurice Koechlin. The co-architects of the Eiffel Tower were Emile Nouguier, Maurice Koechlin and Stephen Sauvestre.The risk of accident was great as, unlike modern skyscrapers, the tower is an open frame without any intermediate floors except the two platforms. However, because Eiffel took safety precautions, including the use of movable stagings, guard-rails and screens, only one man died. The tower was inaugurated on 31 March 1889, and opened on 6 May.

The tower was much criticised by the public when it was built, with many calling it an eyesore. Newspapers of the day were filled with angry letters from the arts community of Paris. One is quoted extensively in William Watson's US Government Printing Office publication of 1892 Paris Universal Exposition: Civil Engineering, Public Works, and Architecture: “And during twenty years we shall see, stretching over the entire city, still thrilling with the genius of so many centuries, we shall see stretching out like a black blot the odious shadow of the odious column built up of riveted iron plates.”Signers of this letter included Jean-Louis-Ernest Meissonier, Charles Gounod, Charles Garnier, Jean-Léon Gérôme, William-Adolphe Bouguereau, and Alexandre Dumas.

Novelist Guy de Maupassant—who claimed to hate the tower supposedly ate lunch in the Tower's restaurant every day. When asked why, he answered that it was the one place in Paris where one could not see the structure. Today, the Tower is widely considered to be a striking piece of structural art.

One of the great Hollywood movie clichés is that the view from a Parisian window always includes the tower. In reality, since zoning restrictions limit the height of most buildings in Paris to 7 stories, only a very few of the taller buildings have a clear view of the tower.

Eiffel had a permit for the tower to stand for 20 years; it was to be dismantled in 1909, when its ownership would revert to the City of Paris. The City had planned to tear it down (part of the original contest rules for designing a tower was that it could be easily demolished) but as the tower proved valuable for communication purposes, it was allowed to remain after the expiry of the permit. The military used it to dispatch Parisian taxis to the front line during the First Battle of the Marne.

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC07707

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC06324

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC06146

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC07679

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC05909

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC05999

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC06120

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC07686

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC06163

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC08067-1

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC08079

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC07637

Last edited by ARCHITHEKTHURA on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:26 pm

These images you captured are nothing short of amazing! Parang nahuli mo yung pakiramdam kapag first time na makapunta at makita ang isang lugar. Eventually this feeling somehow fades after getting used to the place. But on your images it looks like that 'wow' thing gets frozen. Parang it's like capturing a vanishing now. Marami na akong nakitang pic ng eiffel tower sa flickr pero napa-wow ako dito sa mga kuha nyo Sir!
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 13/10/2009

http://mycomputergeneratedworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks sir canadium.I got the same feeling whenever im in Paris.It feels that im not getting used to the place.I will definitely be going back there once again.
Here's another set.The Pompidou Museum by Renzo Piano and Richard Rogers..Hope you like it.Thanks for viewing..

Pompidou Centre
Architects:Renzo Piano and Richard Rogers
Nov 2009

BACKGROUND: THE INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION
1970: an international architectural competition was launched. It was based on a programme aimed at achieving the objectives set by President Georges Pompidou and drawn up by the Sébastien Loste team. Chaired by the internationally renowned architect Jean Prouvé, the prize-winners selected by the jury were Renzo Piano, Richard Rogers and Gianfranco Franchini, assisted by Ove Arup & Partners. The Centre Pompidou construction office, called Etablissement public constructeur du Centre Beaubourg, was set up at the end of 1971, through a decree by the Ministry for the Arts and Culture. Robert Bordaz was appointed as its chairman.

CONSTRUCTION AND OPENING TO THE PUBLIC
Construction work started in April 1972 and work on the metal framework was begun in September 1974. At the same time, the centre's future institutions were defined. In July 1972, the Centre de création industrielle became part of the Centre Pompidou. In 1974, it was proposed to transfer the collections from the Musée national d'art moderne in Avenue Président Wilson. After almost 5 years' work, the Centre national d'art et de culture Georges Pompidou was inaugurated by the President of the Republic Valéry Giscard d'Estaing on 31 January 1977, and on 2 February, it opened its doors to the public. Since 1977, the Centre Pompidou has received over 150 million visitors.

COSTS
Building costs (MF = millions of Francs, in 1972)
Land purchase: 85 MF. Main buildings and equipment: 750 MF. Ircam: 100 MF. Place Stravinsky: 28 MF. Miscellaneous: 30 MF. Total: 993 MF.

Costs of renovation work
(october 1996 to january 2000)
State aid : 440 MF (1994 francs) raised to 482 MF (1999 francs). Equipment subsidies : 54 MF. Sponsorship and patronage : 40 MF. Total budget : 576 MF (1999 francs).

ORIGINAL ARCHITECTURE
Colours
Colour-coded ducts are attached to the outside of the building: blue for air; green for fluids; yellow for electricity cables; and red for movement and flow (elevators) and safety (fire extinguishers).

Movement and flow
The priority was to maximise functional movement and flow, freeing up internal space by building the ducts and conveyance systems (stairs, elevators etc.) on the outside.

BUILDING DESIGN
The centre's architects, Renzo Piano, Richard Rogers and Gianfranco Franchini designed the building on the lines of an "evolving spatial diagram".
The building was designed in two parts:
1. a 3-level infrastructure housing the technical facilities and service areas,
2. a vast 7-level glass and steel superstructure, including a terrace and mezzanine floor, concentrating most of the centre's areas of activity together, except for Ircam which is in Place Stravinsky.
The Centre Pompidou's designers aimed to maximise spatial movement and flow to foster an interdisciplinary approach.

BUILDING STRUCTURE
The metal framework has 14 porticos with 13 bays, each spanning 48 m and standing 12.8 m apart. On top of the posts, on each level, are moulded steel beam hangers, measuring 8 m in length and weighing 10 tonnes. 45 m long girders rest on the beam hangars, which spread stress through the posts and are balanced by tie-beams anchored on cross-bars. Each storey is 7 m high floor-to-floor. The glass and steel superstructure envelops the free open spaces.

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC06386

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC04567

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC04576

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC04580

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC07315-1

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC07329

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC08198

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC08199

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC08207
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Back to top Go down

Post by markitekdesign Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:09 pm

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:
markitekdesign wrote:
ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:Sempre és un plaer compartir aquests a tots vostès.Gracies Tinay. thumbsup

yan ang epekto pag matagal kana sa spain kasi ang pag sasalita mo naiiba narin,,,hehehe...sana pinuntahan modin yong house ni frank lloyd sa arizona...maganda ba roon?lupit mo talaga master idol,,, 2thumbsup

Ei thanks bro.Sorry kala ko pumasok yung edit ko yesterday.Nilagyan ko ng translation yun.Anyway sensya na po admin and mods.Eto kseng si tinay e.!
Here's the translation.
Sempre és un plaer compartir aquests a tots vostès.Gracies Tinay.
Always a pleasure to share these to you all.Thanks Tinay.

About house of Frank lloyd in Arizona.Are you referring to Taliesin west in Scottsdale?i think ive been there before,high school ata ako.I remember kse my sis is an architect as well and that time ala pa akong interest sa mga famous architects and i remembered we just pass by scottsdale to visit this winter house.But i never went inside the house,its just my sis and mom, sa labas lang ako together with my cousin and for me that time parang wala lng, i hope i can go back there someday.

oo bro...dyans sa Taliensin West..ito yon oh...http://blog.scottsdalecvb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/taliesin-west-scottsdale-az.jpg....lupit mo talaga... 2thumbsup
markitekdesign
markitekdesign
Revit Master
Revit Master

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 23/06/2009

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MarkitekDesign/206738446066181

Back to top Go down

Post by anthony_als Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:56 pm

master jeff's travels, ang saya naman... sir part po ba ng work nyo to, or more of a hobby/vacation trips. Palace of Westminster - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

thanks for the images...
anthony_als
anthony_als
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 20/07/2009

http://aalsales-arch.daportfolio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:15 pm

thanks mark..

@Anthony-thanks bro.nope its not part of my job.Pero i hope it's part of it.hehehehehe..It is just my way of escaping from stressful office work.
Again thanks for droppin by.. Palace of Westminster - Page 4 290602

Last edited by ARCHITHEKTHURA on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:37 am; edited 4 times in total
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Nice set of images again Sir! This is architectural photography at its best!

Looks like Paris has a monopoly on all the loveliest 'structural art' from the Eiffel tower, Louvre pyramid and the Pompidou Centre. I'm a big fan of structural art probably because of my background in structural engineering. I just like the idea that everything seen on the structure has a purpose and it is not placed there just for kalandian.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 13/10/2009

http://mycomputergeneratedworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:49 am

tagal ko na gusto magcomment kaso walang time, and really admired your passion in photography Jeff. hats-off for sharing your wonderful works!
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Number of posts : 1715
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:46 am

Thanks sir canadium. Yes i think paris had all of them and they are proud of it.
I think different country have different arts and architecture . Again thanks sir!

@Sir Tutik-My pleasure sir. Thanks for dropping by.. Palace of Westminster - Page 4 290602

Last edited by ARCHITHEKTHURA on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Back to top Go down

Post by wangbu Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:58 pm

galing.. one stop gallery talaga 2thumbsup salamat sa pag_share Sir Jef
wangbu
wangbu
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 25/09/2008

http://johnbernardtriumfante.carbonmade.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rasmus Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:48 pm

Napatulala ako sa lahat ng mga image sir Jeff. Galing talaga. Mapa CGI to photography. Napaka-unique talaga ng mga output mo. My touch talaga ng sinasabi nilang true-artist :: Galing Palace of Westminster - Page 4 290602
rasmus
rasmus
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 11/06/2009

http://rasmusdiamantedeanon.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:08 am

Thanks guys!!

Its been ages na wala ako share...Here's a new set.Hope you like them. Thanks for viewing. Smile

The Colosseo
Rome,Italy
December 2010

The Colosseum, or the Coliseum, originally the Flavian Amphitheatre (Latin: Amphitheatrum Flavium, Italian Anfiteatro Flavio or Colosseo), is an elliptical amphitheatre in the centre of the city of Rome, Italy, the largest ever built in the Roman Empire. It is considered one of the greatest works of Roman architecture and Roman engin...eering.

Occupying a site just east of the Roman Forum, its construction started between 70 and 72 AD under the emperor Vespasian and was completed in 80 AD under Titus, with further modifications being made during Domitian's reign (81–96). The name "Amphitheatrum Flavium" derives from both Vespasian's and Titus's family name (Flavius, from the gens Flavia).

Capable of seating 50,000 spectators,the Colosseum was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles such as mock sea battles, animal hunts, executions, re-enactments of famous battles, and dramas based on Classical mythology. The building ceased to be used for entertainment in the early medieval era. It was later reused for such purposes as housing, workshops, quarters for a religious order, a fortress, a quarry, and a Christian shrine.

Although in the 21st century it stays partially ruined because of damage caused by devastating earthquakes and stone-robbers, the Colosseum is an iconic symbol of Imperial Rome. It is one of Rome's most popular tourist attractions and still has close connections with the Roman Catholic Church, as each Good Friday the Pope leads a torchlit "Way of the Cross" procession that starts in the area around the Colosseum.

The Colosseum is also depicted on the Italian version of the five-cent euro coin.

For the rest of the images i took, you can browse them here:
http://archithekthura.multiply.com/photos/album/99/The_Colosseo-_Ancient_Rome

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC06430

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC02172

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC08280

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC08305

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC08389

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC08399

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC06497
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Back to top Go down

Post by BOYLiLiT Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:46 am

Very inspiring shots..

Sir, Are you using filters? what filter did you used? or PP lang un? most specially sa mga shots mo sa paris tower. Thanks Sir!
BOYLiLiT
BOYLiLiT
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 04/11/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:06 am

Thanks sir boylilit. Yes i do.Most of the time a circular polarizer. Those shots from paris, pp lang yun. Im just trying to mimic a Blue and Gold filter.hehehe.Smile
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Back to top Go down

Post by bicolano Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:27 am

bro, grabe di kana talaga mapigilan huh! hehe
sana sunod makita namin african safari naman. hehe Palace of Westminster - Page 4 290602
bicolano
bicolano
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 12/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by theomatheus Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:00 am

naku pu!!!!!!! ang ganda ng shots mo dito sa colosseo... nakakainis lang nabitin ako sa views Shocked more views pa master.hehehhe Shocked
theomatheus
theomatheus
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 06/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by ERICK Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:34 am

i like the collosseo more dude... less PP i think... need to learn from you dude, Nikon user here.. hehehe bago lang...
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Number of posts : 3907
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.ericktorio.tk http://www.coroflot.com/ericktorio

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:58 am

Thanks guys!
@Dward-I hope i get a chance na makakuha din ng wildlife. I would love to go to Kenya, Tanzania, and South africa! Best safari destination. Laughing
@Theo- you can view the rest of the images here: Thanks bro!
http://archithekthura.multiply.com/photos/album/99/The_Colosseo-_Ancient_Rome
@Erick- Congrats sa new toy! Enjoy and have fun! Palace of Westminster - Page 4 290602
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:10 am

MAXXI
Architect Zaha Hadid

MAXXI, acronym of Museum of the Arts of the 21thcentury, is a newly established institution of the Italian Ministry of Culture: it became the joint home of the MAXXI Arts and MAXXI Architecture and Italy’s first national museum solely dedicated to contemporary arts.

It was 1998 when Zaha Hadid, out of 273 candidates, won the international competition to design the publicly funded, ambitious MAXXI. The concrete structure with glass roof will cover a surface of of 30,000 sq m in the Flaminio District, on a site that was originally occupied by a car factory and subsequently by army barracks that were turned into the first site of the museum.

Zaha Hadid explained the thinking process that lead to the current design:”It was important to decide that we would keep some of the buildings but not all of the buildings. And once that was decided we made certain studies where the geometry which replaces the existing one should be octagonal, parallel, should be diagonal. What began to appear was that a confluence of lines of many different geometries was operating on the site. What was initiated was the idea of a very fluid formal interpretation of the programme.”

The way the space intersects and intertwines allows for curatorial decisions leading to different connections with exhibits and to create fields of multiple association and juxtaposition. Hadid’s proposal offers a quasi-urban field, a "world” to dive into rather than a building as a signature object.

Long winding walls are a prominent feature of the new site. In the architect’s words: ”the curving walls I designed are not only on the interior to be exhibited on, but on the exterior too. So you can have murals, projections, installations: it is all about an interior-exterior existence.”

Notably the museum’s planning and construction spanned the ruling of three different Mayors and suffered a string of torturous stop and starts due to funding issues and, in 2001, the sudden classification of Rome as a seismic area which lead to a considerable amount of replanning and rebudgeting. But alas the site known as the “eternal building site” was scheduled to close and the museum finally opened its doors last 2009.

Thanks for viewing everyone!

For better res and more photos please visit: http://archithekthura.multiply.com/photos/album/116/MAXXI_-Zaha_Hadid

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC07441

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC07397

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC07386

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC09672

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC07380

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC07474

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC09703

Palace of Westminster - Page 4 DSC09747
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:40 am

Gala to the max ka dude ha?

I like the drama you got here pati yung kulay ng mga images.
Medyo off lang sakin yung ibang camera angle, medyo nalula ako sa mga ilang shift.

But as always dude....galing!
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:08 am

Thanks dude. Comment noted. Palace of Westminster - Page 4 290602
ARCHITHEKTHURA