Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My First Big Project As Designer! A State University Grand Entrance

+13
skyscraper100
akoy
alwin
jenaro
LadiesMan217
Ar_Can_EVSU
arkiedmund
rangalua
pixelburn
kieko
Invincible
zildian_nico
marcelinoiii
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My First Big Project As Designer!  A State University Grand Entrance Empty My First Big Project As Designer! A State University Grand Entrance

Post by marcelinoiii Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:35 am

Hello po masters! I would just like to share my first big project way back 2006. Only the construction took a bit long and since the institution is under government control, alam niyo na Smile

The Project: Cagayan State University Grand Entrance Gateway
Location: CSU Caritan Campus, Tuguegarao City , Cagayan - Philippines peace man
Designer: Ako po! thumbsup I am honored and privileged to have worked in this institution and contributed a few designs. My gratitude to the Pres. Perez of the University.

Image 1 - My old 3d Perspective, also used as tarpaulin display during construction. Notice that my original design wasn't exactly followed accordingly in the actual construction. Lots of changes were made on the finishes and mouldings after I left the institution and come to Singapore for good. The main concept is the blending of Greek Architecture with modern architecture, but then the institution changed their mind about how to finish off the actual building. anyway, here's my concept and design.
My First Big Project As Designer!  A State University Grand Entrance State_University_Entrance_Gate_by_m

Image 2 -And, the actual photo. The moldings and cornices came out great, but some parts isn't proportion, in my own opinion. I wouldn't have approved of the redundant use of the cornices of the Entablature, the cornices below should be in a smaller or simplified manner if you guys would agree. And err, my stones and textures were never captured... Sad
My First Big Project As Designer!  A State University Grand Entrance DSC00861

Image 3 - The Corinthian Capitals... No All over the place!
My First Big Project As Designer!  A State University Grand Entrance DSC00865

Image 4 - A close-up shot.
My First Big Project As Designer!  A State University Grand Entrance DSC00870

Image 5 -
My First Big Project As Designer!  A State University Grand Entrance DSC00868

Image 6 - Full shot... Even the open corridors at the ground floor were taken out... The Institution decided to omit the commercial establishments on both sides of the building, but still I could have defended my design to the president if I were still there! Hmm - Nevertheless, I am still happy of the outcome, although a bit sad I wasn't there to supervise the construction anymore, especially on the design and finishes part... Sensya na po kayo kung nauna na ko nag-critique sa sarili kong work... I just felt I had to at least let you guys know how I feel about this project na naiwan ko.
My First Big Project As Designer!  A State University Grand Entrance DSC00856

Overall, as a typical Educational Institution, this structure is already above and beyond their expectations, satisfied na po sila dito and they even consider it a great icon and landmark of our place... And the things I shared here are just some points of a typical and regular artist kagaya ng nakararami sa atin. Neutral

Salamat po sa pagdaan niyo! Comments and Critics are most welcome!

More power to CGP. inuman na
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 29/07/2009

Back to top Go down

My First Big Project As Designer!  A State University Grand Entrance Empty Re: My First Big Project As Designer! A State University Grand Entrance

Post by zildian_nico Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:40 am

congrats sir.....nice kkep it up..... thumbsup
zildian_nico
zildian_nico
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 17/03/2009

Back to top Go down

My First Big Project As Designer!  A State University Grand Entrance Empty Re: My First Big Project As Designer! A State University Grand Entrance

Post by marcelinoiii Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:50 am

zildian_nico wrote:congrats sir.....nice kkep it up..... thumbsup

Thanks for dropping by bro... all the best to your works too!!! thumbsup
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:02 am

wow. . galing. . sana magka break din ako! congratz sir! very ver nice design!
Invincible
Invincible
CGP Driver
CGP Driver

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 11/03/2009

http://www.jpbondoc.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by kieko Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:23 am

very nice sir..
kieko
kieko
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 08/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by pixelburn Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 am

Salamat sir sa pag share nito, for sure masusundan pa ulit ito ng mga ganitong klaseng project... Smile
pixelburn
pixelburn
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1436
Registration date : 09/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by rangalua Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 am

Very nice Sir, Congrats & more projects to come 2thumbsup
rangalua
rangalua
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 25/07/2009

http://rangaluastudio.carbonmade.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:02 am

Invincible wrote:wow. . galing. . sana magka break din ako! congratz sir! very ver nice design!

Sir Invincible, belated happy birthday hehehe.... thanks for dropping bye, I appreciate your comment... all the best din sa inyo! I'm sure you'll be getting your big project soon... Very Happy
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:03 am

kieko wrote:very nice sir..

bro, thanks! I appreciate you dropping bye.
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:05 am

pixelburn wrote:Salamat sir sa pag share nito, for sure masusundan pa ulit ito ng mga ganitong klaseng project... Smile

salamat sir pixelburn, sana nga madaming project akong datnan pagbalik sa pinas! all the best to ypur projects as well! cheers!
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:06 am

rangalua wrote:Very nice Sir, Congrats & more projects to come 2thumbsup

rangalua, bro.. thanks for the kind words! cheers for more projects para sa atin lahat!!! inuman na
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:20 am

Eto ang pinakamasarap pagnatatayo ang ginawa mo. Madami ngang binago sa design mo sir, pero ok lang yan, at least naging reality din kahit papano yung vision mo.

good job..
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:51 am

arkiedmund wrote:Eto ang pinakamasarap pagnatatayo ang ginawa mo. Madami ngang binago sa design mo sir, pero ok lang yan, at least naging reality din kahit papano yung vision mo.

good job..

heheh salamat sir Edmund, sarap nga ng feeling nun makuha ko pa lng ang project na yan at lalo pa ng maitayo na. sobra thankful ako sa president ng university kahit na wala na ko still they posted the very tarpaulin I prepared for the construction. At least may isa na ko big project to be proud of in our town... Thanks again sir!!! more power din sa projects niyo!
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:54 am

^^
OT:
walang anuman sir,...salamat din
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar_Can_EVSU Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:11 am

great work!!! 2thumbsup
Ar_Can_EVSU
Ar_Can_EVSU
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1291
Registration date : 17/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by LadiesMan217 Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:18 am

Congratulations sir
LadiesMan217
LadiesMan217
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 21/07/2009

http://www.davaoflatlander.ning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jenaro Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:44 am

Congrats sir!sarap ng feeling nya sir for sure...
jenaro
jenaro
Peter Pran
Peter Pran

Number of posts : 3132
Registration date : 22/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:45 am

Ar_Can_EVSU wrote:great work!!! 2thumbsup

Sir, Thanks a lot! Cheers.. inuman na
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:47 am

LadiesMan217 wrote:Congratulations sir

Ladiesman, bro.. thanks. cheers tayo! inuman na thumbsup
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:49 am

jenaro wrote:Congrats sir!sarap ng feeling nya sir for sure...

Sir jenaro, hehe salamat sa pagdaan. sarap talaga ng feeling lalo nun malaman ko na talk of the town daw yun project... sana makahagod ng madaming client hehe thumbsup
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by alwin Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:23 pm

yan ang mahirap sir! nangyari na rin sa akin yun, maraming arkitek
pag maiwanan natin yung project, sa tingin ko parang
cosmopolitan funeral homes yung fiinsh, kasi ang layo sa
proposal mo! anyways nagbabayad naman siguro sila nang husto
at least ok na rin!
alwin
alwin
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 2176
Registration date : 22/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by akoy Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:36 pm

sir nakita ko na to!taga tugue ka ba?kaw pala gumawa galeng hehehe thumbsup
akoy
akoy
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 01/09/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by skyscraper100 Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:29 pm

Congratulations po sa project sir!
skyscraper100
skyscraper100
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1487
Registration date : 04/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:10 pm

alwin wrote:yan ang mahirap sir! nangyari na rin sa akin yun, maraming arkitek
pag maiwanan natin yung project, sa tingin ko parang
cosmopolitan funeral homes yung fiinsh, kasi ang layo sa
proposal mo! anyways nagbabayad naman siguro sila nang husto
at least ok na rin!

hahaha tama ka sir alwin, kaya I still can't get over on how they over used the moldings and cornices including the column capital na ginamit all over the building AND fence... Anyway, fair and square lang ako dyan, employed lang kasi ko nun sa institution when I worked on that one... so nothing much to expect. Mad but at least they gave me the credit!
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:16 pm

akoy wrote:sir nakita ko na to!taga tugue ka ba?kaw pala gumawa galeng hehehe thumbsup

oo bro, tuguegarao cagayan ako. apparri ka nga pla... thanks sa pagdaan at pagtangkilik hehe peace man employed ako dun sa CSU that time way back 2006-2007, isa yan sa mga nadesign ko apart from the other campuses all over cagayan... thumbsup medyo nanghihinayang lang ko sa projects na naiwan kasi di ko na nahandle and construction supervision..
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum