Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interior Courtyard

+29
Yhna
ARCHITHEKTHURA
dotesign
ortzak
kittYJ
denz_arki2008
Bosepvance
deosrock
marcelinoiii
snow_blind
eisenheim13
Muggz
logikpixel
jenaro
archi_ram
mammoo_03
pixelburn
aldrinv2
arkiedmund
icefrik19
bongskeigle
v_wrangler
hcortz
balongeisler
3DZONE
SunDance
onzki
srm852002
bokkins
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Interior Courtyard - Page 2 Empty Interior Courtyard

Post by bokkins Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys, just wanted to share this concept we're building soon. sana magwork. this is gonna be an experiment. hope you like it. Smile

Interior Courtyard - Page 2 Intgrad01small

Bale interior courtyard to ng ginawa ko dating design. this building. Smile

Interior Courtyard - Page 2 77facadesmall
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Interior Courtyard - Page 2 Empty Re: Interior Courtyard

Post by v_wrangler Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:14 am

Thats nice bokks - good to know that particular part is being addressed as well. I am not so familiar with hydrophonics but it must be similar to what we have here. In my small graden, I also use a pellet like material instead of the usual soil. For interior plants - small ones for that matter, I use a translucent material that turns into jelly-like substance, I bet the purpose is the same - to prevent stagnant water from turning into insect breeding grounds.

One more thing that crossed my mind -

Interior Courtyard - Page 2 Solar-heating-road

the road heating systems which are basically a bunch of bent pipes and hoses running heated water. This could probably give you some other cool ideas to water the greens. Instead of hot water flowing- maybe these could be embedded under the ground to provide controlled source of liquids. Just a thought.

Goodluck.

v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eisenheim13 Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:04 am

Makikisali narin ako sir Bokks, since my primary concern in on landscaping design & solutions. First of all, you have a very nice concept there in making the courtyard green. I like that. Some keynotes I can share with you regarding the horticultural side vs the design concept side of your courtyard. Since we are dealing with plants which is living things, we are open to all aspects with regards to horticulture & how your design will progress.

1. You're working in a enclosed area which is the courtyard, I don't know if the front of your courtyard is open which light can pass through? Since plants needs sunlight to live & survive.
Note: A bldg or any structure facing north will receive less sunlight in a day, structure facing south has the maximum light that can receive in a day. East & west facing receives better distribution. Thus, the bearing of your bldg is vital in sunlight distribution, because you can't thrive plants living in shade unless you are just limiting your plants varieties for shade thriving plants.
2. Putting grass within a courtyard which is enclosed or semi enclosed is not advisable, since grass primarily is a full sun perennial which needs at least 70% sunlight a day. If ever the courtyard is receiving a sunlight in this manner, it can be applied to. You can grow it for few years but in the long run, the grass itself will start to patch & either way to wilt due to poor sunlight distribution.
3. Watering will be not a problem since there is so many ways on applying it either automatic or manual irrigation. Sir V_wrangler had a point of putting pebbles on the sides of the green area to minimize spillage from precipitation & a good drainage system must be incorporated.
4. Your hanging plants concept is fine since there are a lot of partial shade varieties of hanging plants & vines that are available in garden centers. Putting it in trays with proper irrigation system will make them live longer & also with proper care.
5. If you are not having more foot traffic in the courtyard, it is also fine to apply the japanese garden concept. Only the problem for this is the maintenance which is quite difficult to maintain.
6. Selecting the appropriate plant variety should totally be given consideration basically due to the shady orientation of the landscape.

Sana makatulong 'to on cenceptualizing landscape designs thumbsup .. Post more.
eisenheim13
eisenheim13
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 05/08/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by snow_blind Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:17 am

nice concept sir bookins, i'm sure mg workout to 2thumbsup looking forward sa mga updates nito, thanks for sharing sir buttrock
snow_blind
snow_blind
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 26/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:18 am

good approach bro 2thumbsup just a thought, since eisenheim mentioned about sunlight... un bang light na magbounce sa window glass ay pwedeng substitute just in case kulang ang natural lights na mareceive ng plants? upon observing kasi ung design ng window ay malalaki naman.

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:53 am

arkiedmund wrote:This is very interesting...I'd try to research on this concept during my free time.

thanks bro, oo very interesting yan. Smile

Good ideas sir bokks....

v_wrangler wrote:Thats nice bokks - good to know that particular part is being addressed as well. I am not so familiar with hydrophonics but it must be similar to what we have here. In my small graden, I also use a pellet like material instead of the usual soil. For interior plants - small ones for that matter, I use a translucent material that turns into jelly-like substance, I bet the purpose is the same - to prevent stagnant water from turning into insect breeding grounds.

One more thing that crossed my mind -

Interior Courtyard - Page 2 Solar-heating-road

the road heating systems which are basically a bunch of bent pipes and hoses running heated water. This could probably give you some other cool ideas to water the greens. Instead of hot water flowing- maybe these could be embedded under the ground to provide controlled source of liquids. Just a thought.

Goodluck.

Thanks V. kaso walang available material dito sa atin nyan. but a brilliant idea indeed. I know that jelly too. they,re selling that sa mall. Smile

eisenheim13 wrote:Makikisali narin ako sir Bokks, since my primary concern in on landscaping design & solutions. First of all, you have a very nice concept there in making the courtyard green. I like that. Some keynotes I can share with you regarding the horticultural side vs the design concept side of your courtyard. Since we are dealing with plants which is living things, we are open to all aspects with regards to horticulture & how your design will progress.

1. You're working in a enclosed area which is the courtyard, I don't know if the front of your courtyard is open which light can pass through? Since plants needs sunlight to live & survive.
Note: A bldg or any structure facing north will receive less sunlight in a day, structure facing south has the maximum light that can receive in a day. East & west facing receives better distribution. Thus, the bearing of your bldg is vital in sunlight distribution, because you can't thrive plants living in shade unless you are just limiting your plants varieties for shade thriving plants.
2. Putting grass within a courtyard which is enclosed or semi enclosed is not advisable, since grass primarily is a full sun perennial which needs at least 70% sunlight a day. If ever the courtyard is receiving a sunlight in this manner, it can be applied to. You can grow it for few years but in the long run, the grass itself will start to patch & either way to wilt due to poor sunlight distribution.
3. Watering will be not a problem since there is so many ways on applying it either automatic or manual irrigation. Sir V_wrangler had a point of putting pebbles on the sides of the green area to minimize spillage from precipitation & a good drainage system must be incorporated.
4. Your hanging plants concept is fine since there are a lot of partial shade varieties of hanging plants & vines that are available in garden centers. Putting it in trays with proper irrigation system will make them live longer & also with proper care.
5. If you are not having more foot traffic in the courtyard, it is also fine to apply the japanese garden concept. Only the problem for this is the maintenance which is quite difficult to maintain.
6. Selecting the appropriate plant variety should totally be given consideration basically due to the shady orientation of the landscape.

Sana makatulong 'to on cenceptualizing landscape designs thumbsup .. Post more.

Thanks sa idea bro. Very informative. This building is facing south. I think the courtyard will still get enough sunlight since malapad naman sya at tumbok sya ng sunrise. saka madami naman indoor and semi indoor variety ng plants. so may choices pa din. even the grass. pwede masubstitute or portion of it could be peanut plant, or other crawlers. thanks ulit bro. Smile

snow_blind wrote:nice concept sir bookins, i'm sure mg workout to 2thumbsup looking forward sa mga updates nito, thanks for sharing sir buttrock

Thanks bro. sana nga magawa na to kagad. Smile

kietsmark wrote:good approach bro 2thumbsup just a thought, since eisenheim mentioned about sunlight... un bang light na magbounce sa window glass ay pwedeng substitute just in case kulang ang natural lights na mareceive ng plants? upon observing kasi ung design ng window ay malalaki naman.

iba yata ang sunlight talaga bro sa reflection lang. pro im not sure kasi wala pa naman studies.. anyway, thanks bro! Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:10 am

wow green wall, sustainable development.. nice concept sir bokkins.. let's keep promoting green architecture! My shot din po ba kyo ng green roof/hanging garden, if it's part of your design?

I also tried to apply this design and concept way back 2006 in the Philippines po, sa province namin sa Cagayan. hope I'd get the opportunity to post it here at cgp... 2thumbsup
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 29/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by eisenheim13 Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:46 am

kietsmark wrote:good approach bro 2thumbsup just a thought, since eisenheim mentioned about sunlight... un bang light na magbounce sa window glass ay pwedeng substitute just in case kulang ang natural lights na mareceive ng plants? upon observing kasi ung design ng window ay malalaki naman.

That's is another alternative in generating light through reflections which is so called "white wash" in areas which receives less sunlight. But the light generated through reflections is proportional to the time of day the sunlight is cast over the area. Typically a 11am to 12nn sunlight cast over a 80-100% reflective glass can generate for up to 1000-4000lux of light which can help increase the supply of light. A minimum of 500 lux is needed for photosynthesis to take place, but for optimum growth 10000-15000 lux is needed. The maximum amount of light that plants can usefully use is 30,000 lux.
Interior landscape plants that prefer low light (400–600 lux) include Aspidistra, Philodendron and Sansevieria.
Medium light (600–1000 lux) is preferred by Anthriums, Cordyline and Scindapsus. High light house plants (1000–2000 lux) include Ficus benjamina, Maranta and Yucca.
Still, proper selection of plants is needed when we are dealing with poor lighting conditions.

"What is the sense of having a good landscape design without having the appropriate plants that can thrive in that type of environment."
eisenheim13
eisenheim13
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:51 am

@eisenheim13: great inputs sir...marami akong natututunan...thanks din po sa theories na ipinamahagi mo.

This is definitely worth watching out for....

mag notes taking ako later...
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by pixelburn Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:54 am

@eisenheim13 Very Happy nice, very informative, ang husay... maitanong ko lang sir, ano po ba ang field of interest nyo regarding ur work.
pixelburn
pixelburn
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1436
Registration date : 09/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:23 am

marcelinoiii wrote:wow green wall, sustainable development.. nice concept sir bokkins.. let's keep promoting green architecture! My shot din po ba kyo ng green roof/hanging garden, if it's part of your design?

I also tried to apply this design and concept way back 2006 in the Philippines po, sa province namin sa Cagayan. hope I'd get the opportunity to post it here at cgp... 2thumbsup

actually may roof garden din to bro. thanks sa pagbisita. Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by deosrock Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:25 am

-wow galing nito sir boks!
deosrock
deosrock
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 2033
Registration date : 24/03/2009

http://deosrock.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:27 am

eisenheim13 wrote:

That's is another alternative in generating light through reflections which is so called "white wash" in areas which receives less sunlight. But the light generated through reflections is proportional to the time of day the sunlight is cast over the area. Typically a 11am to 12nn sunlight cast over a 80-100% reflective glass can generate for up to 1000-4000lux of light which can help increase the supply of light. A minimum of 500 lux is needed for photosynthesis to take place, but for optimum growth 10000-15000 lux is needed. The maximum amount of light that plants can usefully use is 30,000 lux.
Interior landscape plants that prefer low light (400–600 lux) include Aspidistra, Philodendron and Sansevieria.
Medium light (600–1000 lux) is preferred by Anthriums, Cordyline and Scindapsus. High light house plants (1000–2000 lux) include Ficus benjamina, Maranta and Yucca.
Still, proper selection of plants is needed when we are dealing with poor lighting conditions.

"What is the sense of having a good landscape design without having the appropriate plants that can thrive in that type of environment."

wow very informative bro! this is really great!

pwede magrequest? is there any reference that can illustrate the light vs. kind of plant(local name/scientific) vs. image that you have? sana mashare mo din bro. very interesting kasi talaga to. I'm planning to do one myself. pro inaaral ko pa din. Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:46 am

Ito pala ang isa sa mga references ko. Smile

http://www.landezine.com/?p=1075
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by eisenheim13 Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:16 am

bokkins wrote:
eisenheim13 wrote:

wow very informative bro! this is really great!

pwede magrequest? is there any reference that can illustrate the light vs. kind of plant(local name/scientific) vs. image that you have? sana mashare mo din bro. very interesting kasi talaga to. I'm planning to do one myself. pro inaaral ko pa din. Smile

Wow lumalalim na ang usapan & getting more complex. As of now e hahalukayin ko muna ang archive ko regarding sa visual distribution of light regarding plants & landscaping. Mejo malalim i eksplika yan. What do you mean about the images that I have? Meaning plant variety images ba kamo?
eisenheim13
eisenheim13
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:51 pm

@eisenheim
nosebleed ako dun sa explanation mo a Very Happy astig thumbsup dito ka rin pala sa qatar bro. sa next eb punta ka para naman mameet ka namin buttrock

isa pang question... pwede bang maglagay ng charcoal sa filter sa drainage system ng ganitong style ng planting? for odor and bacteria control?

@bokkins
pwedeng masilip ung schematic diagram ng pipings/drainage ng plants? baka uubra ung theory ng pipings ko hehehe

Back to top Go down

Post by eisenheim13 Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Bro asa EB aq last time, dun nga lang sa last end ng table..
eisenheim13
eisenheim13
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:14 pm

Malihis muna tayo ng konti:

@bro kietsmark: Ayun, may alam ka pala sa mga pipings...share mo na din dito...

Back to topic:

Medyo nosebleed ako nito, pero ok lang, may natututunan....tuloy niyo lang discussion mga sir...
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosepvance Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:35 pm

wow ganda nito sir, abangan ko yung final nito! Smile
Bosepvance
Bosepvance
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 20/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by eisenheim13 Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:41 am

Share ko 'tong link ng manual of plant propagation techniques with visual. Makakatulong to to overview your plans on proper selection of plants on landscape designs. Idea

http://ifile.it/dl

Eto n ung hinahanap mo Sir Bokks about green roofs

http://www.wbdg.org/resources/greenroofs.php

Last edited by eisenheim13 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add)
eisenheim13
eisenheim13
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by jenaro Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:05 am

http://vegitecture.blogspot.com/2008/02/ken-yeang-vegitect.html
by ken
http://www.verticalgardenpatrickblanc.com/
by patrick
sir bok share ko lang sa studies nyo... 2thumbsup
jenaro
jenaro
Peter Pran
Peter Pran

Number of posts : 3132
Registration date : 22/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by denz_arki2008 Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:12 am

very nice sir................ go green...............
denz_arki2008
denz_arki2008
Punk Zappa
Punk Zappa

Number of posts : 1346
Registration date : 23/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:33 am

eisenheim13 wrote:Bro asa EB aq last time, dun nga lang sa last end ng table..

andun ka pala hehehe my bad. di bale first eb pa lang naman un na nagkita-kita tayo kaya hindi p0a familiar. next eb sana mas mahaba na. back to topic...

@bro arkiedmund
abangan natin tong project ni bok para mas matuto tayo sa plumbing hehehe sana mapost din nya pati ung diagram ng pipes and drainage. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:56 am

thanks mga bro sa link! si patrick blanc nga pala ung inspiration ko dito. sya ang ngpauso nito. 2thumbsup
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by kittYJ Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:21 pm

nice one sir! buttrock
kittYJ
kittYJ
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 19/08/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by ortzak Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Very nice concept 2thumbsup sana matuloy ito sir..me nagawa kame similar sa sctex project that holds like a rip-rap..a mixture of coconut coir, cement and seeds...dun na tumubo ang seeds sa coconut coir..you can see this in mid road of sctex going from clark to subic....

Go go go sir Boks...thanks for sharing 2thumbsup
ortzak
ortzak
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 4555
Registration date : 14/01/2009

http://plandesignvisualize.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dotesign Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:52 pm

nice..............