Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will our schools be recognized globally?

+2
pixelburn
tutik
6 posters

:: General :: Tambayan

Go down

When will our schools be recognized globally? Empty When will our schools be recognized globally?

Post by tutik Thu May 21, 2009 12:47 am

Did checked recently about the possibility of applying for Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA) membership. Found out that one of the requirements to be an associate member by a foreign graduate of architecture is for his university to be recognized by the Singapore Board of Architecture. Saw the listing at this site (http://www.boa.gov.sg/education.html) and found out that none of our schools in Philippines is recognized. I write this as a call for our schools to look at this matter for i don't think our graduates are inferior to compete globally, specially with years of experience abroad. or maybe they can relax this requirement (will enquire). SIA by the way is the counterpart of our PIA and UAP.

Also need to get your feedback on this matter specially for those residing in countries other than Singapore, if their local board have such requirements.

Good day and thanks!
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Number of posts : 1715
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

When will our schools be recognized globally? Empty Re: When will our schools be recognized globally?

Post by pixelburn Thu May 21, 2009 12:52 am

how sad!!!! kailangan siguro maging mutual sila, malamang ung mga architects sa kanila nde din recognized sa state natin..... this is possible kung may mutual agreement within sa BOA nila at sa BOA natin!! and prove na nde nahuhuli ang standards natin dto...

mas pabor sa mga OFW ito kung magkakaroon ng ganun!!!!

tanx for the info sir tutik!!!!
pixelburn
pixelburn
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1436
Registration date : 09/04/2009

Back to top Go down

When will our schools be recognized globally? Empty Re: When will our schools be recognized globally?

Post by mammoo_03 Thu May 21, 2009 1:14 am

sir tutik, try ko i inform kilala ko sa uap, sa sec gen, para maforward natin kay sir boy roldan. thanks for sharing sir.
mammoo_03
mammoo_03
The Exhibitioner
The Exhibitioner

Number of posts : 2417
Registration date : 20/09/2008

http://www.coroflot.com/archmlcm

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu May 21, 2009 1:16 am

pixelburn wrote:how sad!!!! kailangan siguro maging mutual sila, malamang ung mga architects sa kanila nde din recognized sa state natin..... this is possible kung may mutual agreement within sa BOA nila at sa BOA natin!! and prove na nde nahuhuli ang standards natin dto...

mas pabor sa mga OFW ito kung magkakaroon ng ganun!!!!

tanx for the info sir tutik!!!!

you have a point, parang diplomatic ties. i guess marami pang limitations dahil pag upgrade pa lang ng curriculum or student exchange programs will imply $$$ from the parents pockets.
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu May 21, 2009 1:17 am

mammoo_03 wrote:sir tutik, try ko i inform kilala ko sa uap, sa sec gen, para maforward natin kay sir boy roldan. thanks for sharing sir.

good move sir, tks!
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Thu May 21, 2009 1:18 am

Oo nga, medyo mali din itong system na to.

Pro based sa nakikita ko, parang kailangan mo yata talagang magkaron ng masters units para marecognized ka sa certain country bro. Just like here sa atin, No foreigner can practice their profession locally or affiliate themselves to any local professional association.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu May 21, 2009 1:26 am

bokkins wrote:Oo nga, medyo mali din itong system na to.

Pro based sa nakikita ko, parang kailangan mo yata talagang magkaron ng masters units para marecognized ka sa certain country bro. Just like here sa atin, No foreigner can practice their profession locally or affiliate themselves to any local professional association.

actually membership (and not to practice) lang naman ang habol ko para mas relevant sa singapore context ung privileges na makukuha.
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu May 21, 2009 1:32 am

I'm sure I read it from somewhere in the past na there's an aggreement among APEC countries to allow professionals like architects to practice in APEC territories.

In Japan, there's no restriction with nationality as long as you pass the licensing exams from the ministry. Unfortunately the same license is required for memberships sa trade organizations.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pixelburn Thu May 21, 2009 1:37 am

v_wrangler wrote:I'm sure I read it from somewhere in the past na there's an aggreement among APEC countries to allow professionals like architects to practice in APEC territories.

In Japan, there's no restriction with nationality as long as you pass the licensing exams from the ministry. Unfortunately the same license is required for memberships sa trade organizations.

tanx for the info sir V..... iba talaga pag "wide reader" ka!!!
pixelburn
pixelburn
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1436
Registration date : 09/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu May 21, 2009 1:40 am

v_wrangler wrote:I'm sure I read it from somewhere in the past na there's an aggreement among APEC countries to allow professionals like architects to practice in APEC territories.

mas mabigat pala requirements dyan Verts, licensed required for TO's memberships! actually ung restriction to practice madali lang via 'design consultant-submission architect' team-up. wawa naman ung membership lang ang habol =)
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by AUSTRIA Thu May 21, 2009 1:40 am

Thanks Sir tutik for the info. Well,sa experience ko sa interview ko sa Singapore and Malaysia dati palagi ko naririnig sa interview ko ay isang school lang recognize nila ang University of the Philippines lang kilala nila. Pero di natin alam baka may requirements or certain units nga para basihan na marecognize tayo globally...ayon lang po to sa naranasan ko hah Neutral
AUSTRIA
AUSTRIA
CGP Le Corbusier
CGP Le Corbusier

Number of posts : 2422
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu May 21, 2009 1:43 am

AUSTRIA wrote:Thanks Sir tutik for the info. Well,sa experience ko sa interview ko sa Singapore and Malaysia dati palagi ko naririnig sa interview ko ay isang school lang recognize nila ang University of the Philippines lang kilala nila. Pero di natin alam baka may requirements or certain units nga para basihan na marecognize tayo globally...

welcome bro. in fact may sariling list naman ang MOM pag dating sa foreign talents policy, 3 school ang recognized nila sa atin as far as i know. but it's more relaxed now with more schools being recognized. iba naman ung recognized ng professional local boards nila.
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down