Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse

+6
celes
Muggz
kurdaps!
tutik
ERICK
v_wrangler
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse - Page 2 Empty Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse

Post by v_wrangler Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

from the Inquirer:

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse

MANILA, Philippines – Read the ads and the press releases on development projects that hype on green living; many play up the obvious—their proposed homes will be surrounded by verdant landscape. But the important concern is—where are the basic green building tenets of using energy-efficient material and technology and reducing disruption of the environment?

Mañosa & Properties, a spin-off of architect Francisco “Bobby” Mañosa’s design firm, has launched the country’s first luxury townhouse development that follows the ideals of green building, from design to maintenance. Lantana Lane in New Manila, Quezon City, is a 16-unit, single-detached and townhouse project that balances Filipino style and modern function while reducing carbon footprint....

full article >>here<<
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse - Page 2 Empty Re: Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse

Post by Muggz Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:31 am

mushroom wrote:
tutik wrote:
v_wrangler wrote:Mushroom,

Eh? Nagkasya? Very Happy

no need, just standing pose but you have to bee a sharp shooter (bamboo floor slats are spaced further just right for you not to be able to poke your finger/dick out). =) and you don't stick out your dick like that, the tuko is always hungry for meat =)

vertex teka nalito ako. sino ba nagkasya o di nagkasya, ako o si tutik? confused

Lulusot at lulusot din po yun,,,pag binuhusan,,, Very Happy

Muggz
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 03/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse - Page 2 Empty Re: Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse

Post by celes Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:32 am

tutik wrote:
mushroom wrote:back to the topic - if you really wanna go green, our ancestors knew about it way before us - the bahay kubo. that's as green as a Filipino can get Very Happy

just make sure you don't linger under the void area before someone spill over an arinola =) i used to pee at the bamboo floor slats straight away. Laughing

buti sana kung liquid lang ang ma spill, pano kung me champorado pa. :p
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggz Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:33 am

tutik wrote:

Eh? Nagkasya? Very Happy

no need, just standing pose but you have to bee a sharp shooter (bamboo floor slats are spaced further just right for you not to be able to poke your finger/dick out). =) and you don't stick out your dick like that, the tuko is always hungry for meat =)

Marami dind tuko sa inyo sir? lol!
Muggz
Muggz
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 03/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:34 am

mushroom wrote:
tutik wrote:
mushroom wrote:back to the topic - if you really wanna go green, our ancestors knew about it way before us - the bahay kubo. that's as green as a Filipino can get Very Happy

just make sure you don't linger under the void area before someone spill over an arinola =) i used to pee at the bamboo floor slats straight away. Laughing

buti sana kung liquid lang ang ma spill, pano kung me champorado pa. :p

pag may kasamang bugrit, dun ka na sa bintana pumuwesto =)

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse - Page 2 10167288@N07
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Number of posts : 1715
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:34 am

tutik wrote:LOL he was fast to have corrected it before you asked =)

so i noticed hehe. buti na lang malalaki ang slat spacing sa bahay kubo namin
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:36 am

mushroom wrote:
tutik wrote:

Eh? Nagkasya? Very Happy

vertex teka nalito ako. sino ba nagkasya o di nagkasya, ako o si tutik? confused

Hahaha! Sori, pre Nasa isip ko kasi yung kabute eh... Kabute lang kasi mahilig magsisiksik eh... Tutik pala...
Para di tayo OT - Ano ba dapat ang classification para maconsider sa pinas na Eco-friendly. Should the structure be made of local materials or should it conform to global standards in the reduction of harmful gases. Di ko kasi masyadong nabasa ang description ng project ni Archt. Manosa eh. Nakita ko yong price, medyo di pocket friendly eh...
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:38 am

mushroom wrote:
tutik wrote:LOL he was fast to have corrected it before you asked =)

so i noticed hehe. buti na lang malalaki ang slat spacing sa bahay kubo namin
Nyahahahaha! Iba talaga pag damatans ang nagbiruan. Hahahaha! Tigilan na natin di ako makapagtrabaho!
Very Happy
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:44 am

v_wrangler wrote:
mushroom wrote:
tutik wrote:

Eh? Nagkasya? Very Happy

Hahaha! Sori, pre Nasa isip ko kasi yung kabute eh... Kabute lang kasi mahilig magsisiksik eh... Tutik pala...
Para di tayo OT - Ano ba dapat ang classification para maconsider sa pinas na Eco-friendly. Should the structure be made of local materials or should it conform to global standards in the reduction of harmful gases. Di ko kasi masyadong nabasa ang description ng project ni Archt. Manosa eh. Nakita ko yong price, medyo di pocket friendly eh...

it's a complex subject sir Verts. yes both that you mentioned falls under. to make it simple, it should implement the three R's--reuse, reduce, at recycle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_building

Last edited by tutik on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:10 am

BCA's (Singapore) Green Mark Scheme:
http://www.bca.gov.sg/GreenMark/green_mark_buildings.html

here your dev't has to pass a criteria system for it to be considered Green. notable Green projects here are 'Stadium Mass Rapid Transit Station' (soon to open) and 'Newton Suites' both designed by Woha Architects (both projects we were involved--plugging! Smile ):
http://www.fivefootway.com/2008/11/15/woha-wins-two-out-of-three-international-awards-at-australian-national-awards-in-architecture/

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Thanks tutik for the insights. I like Manosa but sometimes hate him. Lalo na pag ang client always talks about him. We were once commissioned to do something manosaist. what?!? anyway, hindi ko na din pala mapakita ang mga studies ko sa kanya since meron talaga siyang sarili nyang architectural standards. We had a project before na di nagkasundo ung modernist architect and manosa. pro nung pinagawa sa amin ung visualization, pasado kagad sa king of spain. the instituto cervantes.

I believe he is legendary when it comes to details and use of vernacular material. but unlike lindy locsin, manosa's short of innovation and advancement in terms of technology. I hope the younger ones would do this. He is to me the Frank Lloyd Wright of Philippine Architecture.

Own opinion ko lang ito ha. Debatable pa din. hehe. saka OT na ako.

Anyway, thanks sa 3 R's of being green. Sana talaga mapractice dito yan.

This is like going organic? which is so funny kasi sobrang mahal. Eh kung tutuusin, ganyan ang kinakain namin dati dun sa probinsya.

Back to topic. Baka ngayon mahal pa ang mga component ng pagiging green na installed dun sa townhouses na gawa nila. baka kasi gawa pa sa ibang bansa. if we start producing something like those or gawa tayo ng alternative solution using vernacular/local materials. from 18m baka 6m nalang yan. haha. also, 1 reason for that is hindi ka elite kung di mo kaya ang 18m na worth 8m lang. There always be an excess in everything elite. inuman na
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:41 pm

bokks, i believe that some OT's are even more informative and relevant =)

now it's pretty clear, manosa is in a league of his own. you cannot just pirate the soul of a manosa design. you don't know how he does things its not as easy as copying from an architectural standards book or magazine. so your design won he respects that (and he won't hate you for that), coz we are all unique and can cook up great stuff.

"Baka ngayon mahal pa ang mga component ng pagiging green na installed dun sa townhouses na gawa nila. baka kasi gawa pa sa ibang bansa. if we start producing something like those or gawa tayo ng alternative solution using vernacular/local materials." -- easier said than done my friend (and my dad has a big smile on his face reading this). his components are a result of his r&d of more than 20yrs in the making and huge investments (a lot of people doesn't know that). gawang pinas po ito--check if you can visit his lab compound in Abra (locals are lucky for plenty of jobs created), but i don't think so. if you start putting those words into work, maybe you can catch up in the next few years.

like what i've previously mentioned, both business and philosophy is involved. 18m - legitimate / 8m - pirated, it's your choice.

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:30 pm

18m - legitimate / 8m - pirated, it's your choice.

Thanks tutik, I won't say it's pirated. it's more of alternative. Same durability, or baka mas matibay pa. It's all about the concept, and you've already mentioned it. reuse, reduce, at recycle. basta wag lang repair.

Ano ung secret lab ng daddy mo sa Abra? Interesting. Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:00 am

bokkins wrote:Ano ung secret lab ng daddy mo sa Abra? Interesting. Smile

repair is good! dad took home and repaired two of manosa's solid narra drafting tables. =) unfortunately i can't get one straight edge that can span from end to end =)

secret hehe.....kaya nga secret eh...my point is...innovate! thumbsup

kiko dude is reading this now, salute po!

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:51 am

here's another green project we got involved (again by Woha, and SCDA), the Alila Villas in Bali and Maldives:
http://www.alilavillas.com/
http://www.alilavillas.com/uluwatu/design.asp
http://www.alilavillas.com/hadahaa/design.asp

note most of the timbers (that can be seen from the images) were all reused from local sources. roof collects rainwater and circulated around the dev't (watering of landscapes, water feature, etc). one of the many green aspects Bobby have applied at Samal, Amanpulo and Pearl Farm Beach Resorts.

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:14 am

bokkins wrote:

This is like going organic? which is so funny kasi sobrang mahal. Eh kung tutuusin, ganyan ang kinakain namin dati dun sa probinsya.

Back to topic. Baka ngayon mahal pa ang mga component ng pagiging green na installed dun sa townhouses na gawa nila. baka kasi gawa pa sa ibang bansa. if we start producing something like those or gawa tayo ng alternative solution using vernacular/local materials. from 18m baka 6m nalang yan. haha. also, 1 reason for that is hindi ka elite kung di mo kaya ang 18m na worth 8m lang. There always be an excess in everything elite. inuman na

nice i recall boks sa iloilo especially during the rainy season sarap sa loob ng bahay habang umaapaw ang sugba hehe

oops sorry, OT.. but i guess my point is being close to nature is an experience most of us forget. it pays to have roots in the countryside, u get to appreciate going green better.
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Back to top Go down

Post by m | 9 z Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:05 am

hmmm..guys, i think they're pushing through with the SMART MASONRY SYSTEM in this project. We were shortlisted on this bid but this SM System proved to be cheaper than the conventional. (labor and time-wise due to its mortar-less construction)
I dont really have an idea if they can be locally made but the website says, its from Australia.

Product info >>SmartMasonry<<
m | 9 z
m | 9 z
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 21/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:19 am

m | 9 z wrote:hmmm..guys, i think they're pushing through with the SMART MASONRY SYSTEM in this project. We were shortlisted on this bid but this SM System proved to be cheaper than the conventional. (labor and time-wise due to its mortar-less construction)
I dont really have an idea if they can be locally made but the website says, its from Australia.

tfs sir! by the way, your facebook image profile is hilarious.

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by m | 9 z Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:32 pm

tutik wrote:
m | 9 z wrote:hmmm..guys, i think they're pushing through with the SMART MASONRY SYSTEM in this project. We were shortlisted on this bid but this SM System proved to be cheaper than the conventional. (labor and time-wise due to its mortar-less construction)

tfs sir! by the way, your facebook image profile is hilarious.

haha!, hindi kasi ako photogenic pag seryoso, lol!
m | 9 z
m | 9 z
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 21/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:29 am

v_wrangler wrote:
tutik wrote:its been a long time coming. go green developments!

my dad used to bring me to the Manosa's compound at Lantana. brings back memories that inspired me to pursue architecture. Ms. Singh serve the best coffee and have a lot to thank her for! good to hear the place is up for a green development.

Pre, at 18+millions pesetas - ang mahal! Para ka nang bumili ng house and lot dito sa Japan.

Pero its a good start - It's nice to hear that the Manosas are starting a new trend... Sana lang medyo bumaba pa ng konti ang presyo..

Speaking of ECO: This is something Philippine manufactures could follow:

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse - Page 2 800px-WaterSavingToiletJapan

hahaha bro meron ng ganyan sa pinas since 2000 pa. produced by HCG. tipid sa tubig un nga lang hindi sigurado kung mabebenta hehehe isipin mo mag toothbursh ka na ang gamit mong tubig is parang dyan galing lol Twisted Evil pero parang lang kasi magkaiba naman ng water inlet Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNamelessOne Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:36 pm

I think some products with the word "green" labeled on them are highly overrated marketing strategy. It's like shipping rattan furniture from the Philippines, branding it as Wicker Works then selling it with a hefty price tag.

Nonetheless, some products really are authentic "green", which I might say reasonable to have such high prices considering the innovative technology, research funding and materials used to create such products. A real "green" product that has a value worth every penny.

I consider the new pavement bricks in Boracay made from solid wastes collected around the vicinity a good example of a green product. Hitting two birds with one stone: aesthetically pleasing walkways and solution to the garbage problem (Not sure though how they process it, by-products like chemical fumes might be produced. A no-green thingy. Haha!).
TheNamelessOne
TheNamelessOne
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 19/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:56 pm

i'm not sure which body in phils certifies whether a product is 'green' or not. certainly you are right. anyone can just label it 'green' without any justification whether the process of manufacturing those products have undergone carbon management programmes (carbon emission reduction). but that is only product specific.

but what about the design to construction process, to 20years down the road?

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by EDGE Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:22 am

bokkins wrote:Thanks tutik for the insights. I like Manosa but sometimes hate him. Lalo na pag ang client always talks about him. We were once commissioned to do something manosaist. what?!? anyway, hindi ko na din pala mapakita ang mga studies ko sa kanya since meron talaga siyang sarili nyang architectural standards. We had a project before na di nagkasundo ung modernist architect and manosa. pro nung pinagawa sa amin ung visualization, pasado kagad sa king of spain. the instituto cervantes.

I believe he is legendary when it comes to details and use of vernacular material. but unlike lindy locsin, manosa's short of innovation and advancement in terms of technology. I hope the younger ones would do this. He is to me the Frank Lloyd Wright of Philippine Architecture.

Own opinion ko lang ito ha. Debatable pa din. hehe. saka OT na ako.

Back to topic. Baka ngayon mahal pa ang mga component ng pagiging green na installed dun sa townhouses na gawa nila. baka kasi gawa pa sa ibang bansa. if we start producing something like those or gawa tayo ng alternative solution using vernacular/local materials. from 18m baka 6m nalang yan. haha. also, 1 reason for that is hindi ka elite kung di mo kaya ang 18m na worth 8m lang. There always be an excess in everything elite. Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse - Page 2 323663

Or Geoffrey Bawa of Philippines. Let's continue his crusade bro!
EDGE
EDGE
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 14/04/2011

http://www.aoya-hk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2