Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse

+6
celes
Muggz
kurdaps!
tutik
ERICK
v_wrangler
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse Empty Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse

Post by v_wrangler Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:20 pm

from the Inquirer:

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse

MANILA, Philippines – Read the ads and the press releases on development projects that hype on green living; many play up the obvious—their proposed homes will be surrounded by verdant landscape. But the important concern is—where are the basic green building tenets of using energy-efficient material and technology and reducing disruption of the environment?

Mañosa & Properties, a spin-off of architect Francisco “Bobby” Mañosa’s design firm, has launched the country’s first luxury townhouse development that follows the ideals of green building, from design to maintenance. Lantana Lane in New Manila, Quezon City, is a 16-unit, single-detached and townhouse project that balances Filipino style and modern function while reducing carbon footprint....

full article >>here<<
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse Empty Re: Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse

Post by ERICK Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:28 pm

thanks for sharing...
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Number of posts : 3907
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.ericktorio.tk http://www.coroflot.com/ericktorio

Back to top Go down

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse Empty Re: Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse

Post by tutik Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:28 pm

its been a long time coming. go green developments!

my dad used to bring me to the Manosa's compound at Lantana. brings back memories that inspired me to pursue architecture. Ms. Singh serve the best coffee and have a lot to thank her for! good to hear the place is up for a green development.

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse 10167288@N07
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Number of posts : 1715
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:36 pm

tutik wrote:its been a long time coming. go green developments!

my dad used to bring me to the Manosa's compound at Lantana. brings back memories that inspired me to pursue architecture. Ms. Singh serve the best coffee and have a lot to thank her for! good to hear the place is up for a green development.

Pre, at 18+millions pesetas - ang mahal! Para ka nang bumili ng house and lot dito sa Japan.

Pero its a good start - It's nice to hear that the Manosas are starting a new trend... Sana lang medyo bumaba pa ng konti ang presyo..

Speaking of ECO: This is something Philippine manufactures could follow:

Architect Mañosa designs ‘green’ townhouse 800px-WaterSavingToiletJapan
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:49 pm

ganun talaga Verts for a start, even here in singapore mahal talaga pag may 'green tag.' an increase of demand will surely bring the prices down. but not too soon i think with the present global crisis. even those who have the money are holding their purses on ostentatious spending. baka sultan of brunei pa lang makaka afford nyan for now =)

is that a drinking fountain on your watercloset flush tank?

Last edited by tutik on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:52 pm

Everywhere is going green. Even here in Dubai, some new projects are implementing the Green Development.

TFS..

kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:54 pm

kurdaps! wrote:Everywhere is going green. Even here in Dubai, some new projects are implementing the Green Development.

TFS..

for designers, green projects means more fees to collect! who doesn't want green =)

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:57 pm

tutik wrote:
kurdaps! wrote:Everywhere is going green. Even here in Dubai, some new projects are implementing the Green Development.

TFS..

for designers, green projects means more fees to collect! who doesn't want green =)

Nyaaaaa....that S***S if that's the main reason! Laughing Twisted Evil

kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:03 pm

kurdaps! wrote:
tutik wrote:

TFS..

Nyaaaaa....that S***S if that's the main reason! Laughing Twisted Evil

of course not! cracking your brains to come up of ways to preseve the earth comes with a hefty price tag. peace man

Last edited by tutik on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:13 pm

tutik wrote:ganun talaga Verts for a start, even here in singapore mahal talaga pag may 'green tag.' an increase of demand will surely bring the prices down. but not too soon i think with the present global crisis. even those who have the money are holding their purses on ostentatious spending. baka sultan of brunei pa lang makaka afford nyan for now =)

is that a drinking fountain on your watercloset flush tank?

Well some people drink from the fountain. Hehehehe! It allows you to wash your hand - and the rest goes tothe tank - cool eh? Its a lot easier going green in Japan - because the government gives you a rebate for buying for example a hybrid car - or using natural gas sourcing or solar panels to power up for heating or electricity in the houses.

Anyways, its a good thing that the Philippines is now eco-aware. Sana may magregalo sa akin ng ganyang bahay!
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggz Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Green nga later on,mga magpapakabit din ng Aircon ang mga titira jan,,wanna bet?? lol!
Muggz
Muggz
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 03/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:37 am

Muggz wrote:Green nga later on,mga magpapakabit din ng Aircon ang mga titira jan,,wanna bet?? lol!

talk about green air handling units, waterless washing machines, etc. it should have Wink

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:25 am

OT: i certainly hope that manosa isn't charging low because he used to pay his staff peanuts. anyway that was years ago, things mustve changed.
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:28 am

mushroom wrote:OT: i certainly hope that manosa isn't charging low because he used to pay his staff peanuts. anyway that was years ago, things mustve changed.

lucky to have a gig at Manosa since 3rd yr till few years after graduation. the experience i gained was priceless. thumbsup you'll be surprised a lot of whom i worked with are still there and are doing well 2thumbsup the peanuts must be good =)

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:00 am

tutik wrote:
mushroom wrote:OT: i certainly hope that manosa isn't charging low because he used to pay his staff peanuts. anyway that was years ago, things mustve changed.

lucky to have a gig at Manosa since 3rd yr till few years after graduation. the experience i gained was priceless. thumbsup you'll be surprised a lot of whom i worked with are still there and are doing well 2thumbsup the peanuts must be good =)

must be. good to hear thumbsup
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:51 am

Thanks for sharing V. Magandang discussion itong sinimulan mo. Pwede tayong magspin-off din from here. how about a discussion on green architecture. yaman din lamang napag-uusapan na.

Maganda publicity ito para sa future ng architecture natin dito. I wonder how much technology they have incorporated with there new design.

Also, The young manosa is doing very well in the industry right now. Parang natututo talaga sa roots. I'm becoming a fan recently. but with bobby, medyo di pa gaano ako convinced sa mga designs nya. napapakita lang kasi ang mga magagandang side. do you know that he was commisioned to do the quezon city hall? Smile

But nevertheless, isang maganda breakthrough ito. Sunod sunod na yan for sure. Last pala, meron green architecture expo na din tayo. last month lang sa SMX Convention naheld. Smile 2thumbsup
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:24 pm

bokkins wrote:Thanks for sharing V. Magandang discussion itong sinimulan mo. Pwede tayong magspin-off din from here. how about a discussion on green architecture. yaman din lamang napag-uusapan na.

Maganda publicity ito para sa future ng architecture natin dito. I wonder how much technology they have incorporated with there new design.

Also, The young manosa is doing very well in the industry right now. Parang natututo talaga sa roots. I'm becoming a fan recently. but with bobby, medyo di pa gaano ako convinced sa mga designs nya. napapakita lang kasi ang mga magagandang side. do you know that he was commisioned to do the quezon city hall? Smile

But nevertheless, isang maganda breakthrough ito. Sunod sunod na yan for sure. Last pala, meron green architecture expo na din tayo. last month lang sa SMX Convention naheld. Smile 2thumbsup

simulan na ang green discussions! but i think our government has to set the initiatives on a bigger scale like what Vertex cited (japan context). if not the result will just be a mere pretentious.

the young manosas are destined to drive the company on the business aspect. i know bobby, he will not bend up to his principle and he doesn't need a 'national artist' medal to continue pursuing an architectural identity for the filipinos. i know its difficult to appreciate his architecture coz only a handful of them are open to public. illustrious families still dreams of of having him design their abodes. you really have to experience intimately, feel the air breathe through the spaces, appreciate the visual warmth and texture of the materials, etc. his architecture is not only drawn on paper, he has a lab-ranch somewhere in the north to prototype, customize every finial, jamb, floor tile, roof tile, or whatnot to make sure it will not only look good but should also endure our tropical climate. gary valenciano's house's roof is only visible from the road (what a pity) but when you get a chance to be invited, it'd be an architectural experience you will never forget.

so what's with the quezon city hall? this guy is prone to controversies like any other rockstar =)

and by the way, i remember working for a green project way back 13yrs ago (if i'm not wrong), situated in maryknoll (now miriam college). that was the very 1st green project done in phils i guess.

bokks, you have to show your arch'l explorations to bobby. he needs someone like you in the plight!

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:27 am

i had the privilege of staying one night in one of bobby's designs - one of my friends commissioned him to design his house in quezon city.

that's about the closest encounter i had with his work.

you gotta respect the guy from having his own vision and style, he wouldnt be a national artist for nothing, along with leandro v locsin - whom personally, is the greatest filipino architect we ever had.

back to the topic - if you really wanna go green, our ancestors knew about it way before us - the bahay kubo. that's as green as a Filipino can get Very Happy
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggz Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:54 am

tutik wrote:
Muggz wrote:Green nga later on,mga magpapakabit din ng Aircon ang mga titira jan,,wanna bet?? lol!

talk about green air handling units, waterless washing machines, etc. it should have Wink

yeah man,,,and it will also cost Thousands of Greens,,,haha,, alien
Muggz
Muggz
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:13 am

mushroom wrote:back to the topic - if you really wanna go green, our ancestors knew about it way before us - the bahay kubo. that's as green as a Filipino can get Very Happy

just make sure you don't linger under the void area before someone spill over an arinola =) i used to pee at the bamboo floor slats straight away. Laughing

Last edited by tutik on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:15 am

Tutik,

Eh? Nagkasya? Very Happy
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:19 am

v_wrangler wrote:Mushroom,

Eh? Nagkasya? Very Happy

no need, just standing pose but you have to bee a sharp shooter (bamboo floor slats are spaced further just right for you not to be able to poke your finger/dick out). =) and you don't stick out your dick like that, the tuko is always hungry for meat =)

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:29 am

tutik wrote:

Eh? Nagkasya? Very Happy

no need, just standing pose but you have to bee a sharp shooter (bamboo floor slats are spaced further just right for you not to be able to poke your finger/dick out). =) and you don't stick out your dick like that, the tuko is always hungry for meat =)

vertex teka nalito ako. sino ba nagkasya o di nagkasya, ako o si tutik? confused
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:30 am

LOL he was fast to have corrected it before you asked =)

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggz Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:31 am

mushroom wrote:
tutik wrote:

Eh? Nagkasya? Very Happy

vertex teka nalito ako. sino ba nagkasya o di nagkasya, ako o si tutik? confused

Lulusot at lulusot din po yun,,,pag binuhusan,,, Very Happy
Muggz
Muggz
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next