Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ArchiCAD 18 versus Revit

+5
darkirender
bing1370
dongding
trying hard
imitater220813
9 posters

Go down

ArchiCAD 18 versus Revit  Empty ArchiCAD 18 versus Revit

Post by imitater220813 Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:21 am

My boss asked me what software he'll gonna guy for me to use; ArchiCAD 18 or Revit? which one is the best investment? (we do projects in Scandinavian countries)

Any suggestions regarding the two programs? What would be a better investment for a new BIM program? (Implying we don't have exp. on both BIM softwares).

NOTE: Before you reply

- make sure you have used Archicad & Revit (you cannot compare revit to archicad if you did not even tried to use the latter)
- this is not CAD vs Revit or CAD vs Archicad

Thank you for reading my post with professionalism (y).

imitater220813
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 22/08/2013

Back to top Go down

ArchiCAD 18 versus Revit  Empty Re: ArchiCAD 18 versus Revit

Post by trying hard Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:49 pm

popularity & demand. what do most of your clients require? if they dont have any idea then that brings it to which tool does most users, teams, firms, builders, et al. are familiar with at your project(s) location?

note: revit user. only knows open & close command in archicad. sorry for ignoring
trying hard
trying hard
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 08/12/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by imitater220813 Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:44 am

trying hard wrote:popularity & demand. what do most of your clients require? if they dont have any idea then that brings it to which tool does most users, teams, firms, builders, et al. are familiar with at your project(s) location?

note: revit user. only knows open & close command in archicad. sorry for ignoring

popularity, most users, and such is not really a logical reason why we have to buy one of the software being compared.

imitater220813
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 22/08/2013

Back to top Go down

Post by dongding Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:03 am

Sir,
If you don't familiar with other software & even not user. And if you want to invest. Why don't you ask your Boss to have a TRAINING Course or shortcourse in your spare time. TRY. 2thumbsup
dongding
dongding
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 16/01/2012

Back to top Go down

Post by trying hard Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:15 am

imitater220813 wrote:
trying hard wrote:popularity & demand. what do most of your clients require? if they dont have any idea then that brings it to which tool does most users, teams, firms, builders, et al. are familiar with at your project(s) location?

popularity, most users, and such is not really a logical reason why we have to buy one of the software being compared.

again popularity & demand.

demand: kung ano ba nirerequire ng karamihang kliyente ninyo? kung anong software ang mas prefer nila revit ba o archicad?

popularity: kung ano ba ang mas familiar na software na ginagamit ng karamihang involved sa mga project ninyo? revit ba o archicad?
trying hard
trying hard
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 08/12/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by bing1370 Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:49 pm

Ask your boss what really projects your working on, you ask about the two software which is i think both are good, which software are you using on? maybe your familiar with the one software that you mention if not try to learn which best for you and don't buy software which you don't know to use, bec. you might need to go for training school first...
bing1370
bing1370
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 20/04/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by darkirender Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:08 am

i have tried both softwares. Im not an expert user of these two but i prefer using Archicad over Revit.
darkirender
darkirender
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 23/12/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by ren Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Tama si Sir darkirender mas maganda kung archicad ang gamitin nyo.. mas maganda ang presentation ng archicad and you can control everything in it.

Im using archicad for about 5 years and it works perfectly...
ren
ren
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 23/08/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by darwar Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:26 am

Tried both. Ok naman parehas, mas ginagamit ko sa work ang Archicad at nakasanayan ko na din kesa Revit. May madali sa magkabilaan na program pag kinumpara mo pero para sakin Archicad mas ok. Kanya kanyang sinanayan lang yan ok din Revit
darwar
darwar
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 10/09/2012

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesalbert Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:52 am

I already tried these two softwares and in my honest opinion it depends, according to what you had said. Your company is mostly doing Scandinavian projects so in this thought surely you will be interrelating with European counterparts and contractors that maybe using ARCHICAD in their projects. Because ARCHICAD was getting more popularity in the European countries while REVIT was popular in North American countries.So your company will be likely to face problems in terms of exchange of data due to your counterparts may ask files in ARCHICAD flatform. Another point is if you are using old PC to work on maybe a ARCHICAD may seemlessly help you for the reason that ARCHICAD is running smoothly on old computers for the reason that it can takes less RAM to open an ARCHICAD file. REVIT doesnt support export to PDF without a 3rd party plugin but ARCHICAD have a PDF maker. REVIT is parametric and constrained in relation to other parts, it may be an advantage for some for the reason that you can easily check for some irregularities in the models but in terms of disadvantage you may surely modeling straightforward if you are starting. IMHO. But now I;m currently using REVIT in my modling for the reason that some dudes are currently working a grasshoppper like plugin for revit and it is totally free for now. It may seem a very helpful plugin in the future for organic modeling in revit if it will be continuously being developed.
jamesalbert
jamesalbert
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 14/02/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by droo Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:52 pm

jamesalbert wrote:I already tried these two softwares and in my honest opinion it depends, according to what you had said. Your company is mostly doing Scandinavian projects so in this thought surely you will be interrelating with European counterparts and contractors that maybe using ARCHICAD in their projects. Because ARCHICAD was getting more popularity in the European countries while REVIT was popular in North American countries.So your company will be likely to face problems in terms of exchange of data due to your counterparts may ask files in ARCHICAD flatform. Another point is if you are using old PC to work on maybe a ARCHICAD may seemlessly help you for the reason that ARCHICAD is running smoothly on old computers for the reason that it can takes less RAM to open an ARCHICAD file. REVIT doesnt support export to PDF without a 3rd party plugin but ARCHICAD have a PDF maker. REVIT is parametric and constrained in relation to other parts, it may be an advantage for some for the reason that you can easily check for some irregularities in the models but in terms of disadvantage you may surely modeling straightforward if you are starting. IMHO. But now I;m currently using REVIT in my modling for the reason that some dudes are currently working a grasshoppper like plugin for revit and it is totally free for now. It may seem a very helpful plugin in the future for organic modeling in revit if it will be continuously being developed.

you can make a pdf copy in revit, nasa print options po  Very Happy
droo
droo
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 23/01/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesalbert Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:59 pm

droo wrote:
jamesalbert wrote:I already tried these two softwares and in my honest opinion it depends, according to what you had said. Your company is mostly doing Scandinavian projects so in this thought surely you will be interrelating with European counterparts and contractors that maybe using ARCHICAD in their projects. Because ARCHICAD was getting more popularity in the European countries while REVIT was popular in North American countries.So your company will be likely to face problems in terms of exchange of data due to your counterparts may ask files in ARCHICAD flatform. Another point is if you are using old PC to work on maybe a ARCHICAD may seemlessly help you for the reason that ARCHICAD is running smoothly on old computers for the reason that it can takes less RAM to open an ARCHICAD file. REVIT doesnt support export to PDF without a 3rd party plugin but ARCHICAD have a PDF maker. REVIT is parametric and constrained in relation to other parts, it may be an advantage for some for the reason that you can easily check for some irregularities in the models but in terms of disadvantage you may surely modeling straightforward if you are starting. IMHO. But now I;m currently using REVIT in my modling for the reason that some dudes are currently working a grasshoppper like plugin for revit and it is totally free for now. It may seem a very helpful plugin in the future for organic modeling in revit if it will be continuously being developed.

you can make a pdf copy in revit, nasa print options po  Very Happy
thank you sir for the info. I didn't know that because I usually do is to export it in jpeg. Thanks for that sir.
jamesalbert
jamesalbert
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 14/02/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down