Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vray distibuted rendering, help please for setup

3 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Go down

Vray distibuted rendering, help please for setup Empty Vray distibuted rendering, help please for setup

Post by egypt Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:18 am

good evening,

can someone help mein vray distributed rendering setup? i have 1 laptop, i7 3610qm with 2 gig nvidia gt640m and 8 gig memory, and an i7 950 with 1 gig ati 5700 video card with 24 gig memory. both pc are quad core ( 8 threads each )

all networking lines are working correctly via internet cord/router,

software: both are vray 2. and 3ds max 2011

tried doing the tutorial in the net but i think its not working. during my trial, it only shows 8 threads which is supposed to be 16 threads for distributed render for both quads.

hope some one can show me on how to do this right?

thanks in advance.
egypt
egypt
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 04/10/2009

Back to top Go down

Vray distibuted rendering, help please for setup Empty Re: Vray distibuted rendering, help please for setup

Post by edosayla Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:20 pm

first of all try to make sure both are connected and can see each other, try to open a command line and ping them both ... e.g. ping xtreme or ping 192.168.1.2 depends on the setup ... and for best result try to create a shared folder that both can see can write and delete .... once you done it you are ready to go for network rendering ...

on host computer or the one with the high specs .. run the vray spawner.. wait for it tapos make sure makikita mo ang vray spawner na icon + max icon.. once nakita mo na and dalawa ready na po ito for accepting render job......

on your workstation i assume your laptop .. open max and open render setup ... go to vray settings .... go to distributed rendering (settings) add your host computer e.g. xtreme (computer name) or ip address ... wait for the status make sure its ready ... tapos everytime you want the distributed render just check it before rendering ..

enjoy!!!!.....
edosayla
edosayla
The Teacher
The Teacher

Number of posts : 1367
Registration date : 06/10/2008

http://www.pinoycad.com

Back to top Go down

Vray distibuted rendering, help please for setup Empty Re: Vray distibuted rendering, help please for setup

Post by edosayla Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:23 pm

one more thing ... make sure you create a shared folder at doon mo e paste ang working files or yung scene mo tapos open mo din sya thru network e.g. \\xtreme\working folder

pag na open mo lang sya sa local drive hindi makikita ng other render nodes mo ang scene mo make sure also na e add ang network path sa customize user paths.. external files ... Smile
edosayla
edosayla
The Teacher
The Teacher

Number of posts : 1367
Registration date : 06/10/2008

http://www.pinoycad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ciorik Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:09 am

Hi , I've started working on sketchup 8 and I am using vray for sketchup. Recently hwile my scenes became more complex and large I started to feel the need for extra computing power. so I ended up using Distribution rendering on vray. On LAN all worked as expected: started console on slave and on render time both cpu from local and the one from slave started going 100% load and as visual 4 squares appeared instead of 2 on displaying pc names which rendered the file. But is still was not enough power...so i have some friends with i7 systems (mines are c2d) . I asked one of them to install vray, to expose local ip via dmz option on router and give me wan ip. As we have same ISP and we are in the same geolocation, the ftp tranfer checked between us reached over 6MB/sec, which is almost the same as I achieve on lan (8mb) . So, i;ve added his wan ip to my vray system settings and hit render. On his console appeared our connection, scene , materials etc were transferred , his console stated that computer has start rendering but suddently an error occured and console stated "unable to checkout render license" , then slave crushed. As I said, making same steps, it worked on Lan but still on WAN (over internet )this issue occurs. There are no firewalls involved, no antivirus, speed between us on render time is 6MB/sec and we both have IPV4 IPs. Same routers, both equipped with DDWRT custom firmware.

ciorik

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 15/03/2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down