Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry

+9
Jehan
russelyacat
roseven
Rheinfell
akoy
sekwate
princessjay
eyecon01
jadamat
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry - Page 2 Empty jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry

Post by jadamat Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello guys,
As much as i want to edit more for my final piece but things are getting busier so i'll just have to stop from this point. Kindly consider this as my final entry. It's been fun the whole time. I learned a lot.
Artist's notes:
Objectives:
My purpose for this exercise is to create a visual impression that pulls the viewer and get engaged to the picture as if they are about to step into another world. Well, there had been a lot of changes since the initial concepts but i think the direction is still there.
Composition:
At first, i thought that the main focus of this piece is the silhouette of an architectural wonder carved into a cliff. But as the worked progress i had difficulty trying so i shifted the focus to a simple point and put an element, in this case a glowing tree and everything i thought was coherent.
What had been not discussed is the inspiration of the cave ceilings at the cave portal. The inspiration came from the stalactite arches of some Islamic architecture and these elements are important as these adds to the structural fantasies probably hard to do in reality.
Overall concept:
I did not put a title for the past 3 weeks since i cannot think of one. But a few days ago, I realize that this piece must speak of a general idea.The title "Teasure Found" was actually inspired by Paulo Coelho's novel the "Alchemist". The last part of the novel where the protagonist was about to find his treasures of gold and diamonds. But what really was the treasure?

In my piece the treasure is absolutely symbolic in a glowing tree form. Sometimes, we can't see how important the little things that had been around us all the time. Our focus being,shifted to the things we think are great but in fact just temporary about to get ruined. It's just necessary to step back and look at life what had been our priority in the first place. "Treasure Found" is an expression of that moment. It is a kind of a Eureka.

What is your treasure? Did you find one?

jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry - Page 2 12L17_B_zpsa8ab90d4

close up shots:
jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry - Page 2 12L17_B_close_up_2_zps75d47909
jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry - Page 2 12L17_B_close_up_3_zps0b8fe5eb

Cheers, and goodluck to the other entries....

Below is the WIP for this exercise:
here's my entry for the 2d category,that's if time will permit..hehehe..
Anyway, here's some references that i got. I'm thinking of some lost (well that always had been the case ,lol) primitive ruins, that's carved from the earth:
jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry - Page 2 Ruins1
jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry - Page 2 Petra_First_Glimpse
Then I just recently watched this movie entitled "The tree of life" and was thinking of incorporating some thoughts into this piece.
Some ray of light perhaps to add drama, well u know what i mean...lol...
jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry - Page 2 Ray_of_Light_by_yuniarko
A lot of thoughts shoot from nowhere and i tried to sketch out of it, and so far here is what i got:
jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry - Page 2 12K20_WIP_1_RUINS
In parallel, i'm thinking of a narrative that will bring out the story of this piece. I still can't think of any title as this is subject to the work progress.
That's all for now, thanks for reading this and good luck to others...

Last edited by jadamat on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : No Title)
jadamat
jadamat
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry - Page 2 Empty Re: jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry

Post by roseven Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:35 am

nice details sir..
like 2thumbsup

roseven
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 13/05/2012

http://www.eversonmnavarro.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry - Page 2 Empty Re: jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry

Post by jadamat Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks Roseven...Finally,,human na jud...hehehe...
jadamat
jadamat
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by eyecon01 Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 pm

nice concept... tsaka yung explanation mu gives meaning sa gawa mu Smile Good luck bro...
eyecon01
eyecon01
CGP MatPinter
CGP MatPinter

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 26/12/2008

http://ericdmatte.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jadamat Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:06 am

eyecon01 wrote:nice concept... tsaka yung explanation mu gives meaning sa gawa mu Smile Good luck bro...

thanks eyecon. I find delight in the process of creation, in this case, a painting. Good luck to your entry too... jadamat: "Treasure Found"-2d-Final Entry - Page 2 290602
jadamat
jadamat
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum