Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you handle POLITICS in the office?

+9
oRangE.n.GreeN
kurdaps!
tutik
jenaro
Butz_Arki
cubi_o:
dpyxl
ERICK
celes
13 posters

:: General :: Tambayan

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How do you handle POLITICS in the office? - Page 2 Empty How do you handle POLITICS in the office?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys.Ive been thinking a lot lately how to handle this. This past few months,we in the office are getting bigger and bigger inspite of the global crisis.And i feel that right now,im in to this kind of sad situation which I didnt imagine that will happen to me. I am a type of person kse that I treated everyone equally without looking what nationality he/she is. I just wonder if you guys can share some of your experiences.Im sure a lot of you here experienced a lot lot more than me. I haven’t experience like this before so sometimes i end up just rubbing my head into a certain situation which i don’t understand why people can do such things. Anyway thanks a lot guys and share nyo din mga experience nyo and how you are handling it.. Thanks and cheers everyone.. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

How do you handle POLITICS in the office? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you handle POLITICS in the office?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:56 am

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:I know they are doing everything for us to be in seperate ways but luckily my partner believes more in me than them!hahahaha..Konting kibot lang report nya na sa kin.hehehe.This is because what i developed between us is a very good working relationship.

parekoy natatakot ako sa kahihinatnan ng relationship nyo... wag naman sana kayong madevelop sa isa't-isa hehehe kawawa naman si marekoy! peace man nyahahahaha wave

Back to top Go down

How do you handle POLITICS in the office? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you handle POLITICS in the office?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:05 am

mushroom wrote:
well pag ganyan isipin mo na lang dude na ang punong mabunga binabato. thumbsup important thing is stay focused and committed sa work. you may be blamed as "sipsip" or whatever but ignore them just do your job well. because if the time comes that you will run your own business, isn't this the same attitude that you would want for your future employees? this means still producing qood quality work. dangerous people to avoid are those who are very loud, calculative, always act as if the company owes them. advice ko rin is ignore these people. isipin mo na rin na brilliant people are always opposed by mediocre minds kaya ka pinupulitika Very Happy

Isa pa to sir.They are always telling me not to stay more long hours sa office cause naaapektuhan din daw sila.!It is in my job description to stay longer hours paminsan minsan if it is really needed.Ganun talga ang trabaho dito sa abroad e.And I signed the contract stating those job description. Cant do anything about it. kse sila nag stay lng ng 30 min more gusto nila OT pay na!hahahahahaaha.masyado mabilang kung baga and yeah ALWAYS ACT AS IF THE COMPANY OWES THEM. scratch

Yeah best solution is to ignore them..Thanks sir mushroom.. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:10 am

cubi_o: wrote:hi dude jeff...i knw how it is to be..been in your place in my previous work. i knw na ur trying to be friendly to everybody..pero dude..tama ka..u can't pleased everyone.lalo na't we have this language barrier sa ibang ka officemate natin at iba iba ang culture. advice ko lng...jst try to be observant to each and individuals attitude. may mga things na ma eshare tau to everyone pero dapat maging maingat din tau baka gamitin nila yan against us... andoon na yung work...pero dapat wag kang pa apekto sa working attitude mo.. i knw it will bothers u a lot lalo na't grabe yung politika sa office. bsta kip in mind lng.....set mo pa rin ang working attitude. hwag kang pa apekto....ayyytttss!!!!!

Ei dude..Thanks for some advices.Yeah dude very sensitive ako sa mga yan lalo na sa ibang lahi.Sabi ko sayo we have 15 nationalities dito sa office..Talgang inoobserbahan ko mga culture and attitudes nila and maingat ako sa mga jokes and mga sinasabi ko. Yup ignore them and i still set my working attitude..Care ko sa kanila!hahahaha.. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:11 am

Ambilis ng thread na to a. Read back ko muna lahat. Sana ma i-share ko rin experience ko later. May tatapusin lang. Wink
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dpyxl Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:28 am

@jeff
ituro mo lang gugulpihin namin paglabas.. peace man

si ronnie sinisigawan yung mga henyo naming designers kaya tameme sila..

dpyxl
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 16/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:30 am

tutik wrote:Jeff, focus lang maadvise ko sa iyo. People judge you because of what you've done but if you know you have done what you think was right then what they say doesn't matter anymore.

Pasok sa kaliwa, labas sa kanan. Proven na yan thumbsup

Thanks sir glen for dropping by..Yeah pasok sa kaliwa labas sa kanan.Kunwari walng narinig..hehehe.Thanks sir. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:14 am

bilis ng thread na to ah :p
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by oRangE.n.GreeN Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Dear Jeff,

Sana ay nasa mabuti kang kalagayan sampu ng iyong mga kaopisina. kung ako ang tatanungin ay mabuti din naman... Very Happy

sa lahat naman ng organization merong ganyan (hindi ka nag-iisa...). pakatandaan mo na lang ang mga ito:

- "people will do riduculous things to you only If YOU ALLOW THEM TO"

- "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" - plan a sneak attack. learn their weaknesses & wait for the right time to hit - hit them very very hard! (background: screams, blood everywhere, plucked out eyes rolling & internal body parts on the floor! - in VRay)

- you are working for the company & not for this "dead from the neck up" people in your office. if they are uncomfortable with your working habits, that is their issue. tell them, they can always bring their concern to your boss or they can shut up, go home, & knock themselves out! WTF talaga yang mga yan & YES, i hope they read this reply...

Hangang sa muli.

Nagmamahal,

Nida Blanca
oRangE.n.GreeN
oRangE.n.GreeN
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 08/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:36 pm

like sir orange.n.green says, things happen to us because we allow them to...
if you've got a HUMONGOUS amount of talent (thats you sir pokemon) throw your weight around when mistreatment comes... i know its a neccesary coexistence, but they need you MORE...
talent will always find work... but will they find another polemon with your powers?...
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Number of posts : 3372
Registration date : 21/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:50 pm

what is the object why we are working in the office, to please who???? of course the one who please will motivate us to please that someone. I understand we cant please everyone...

piece of advise. if your motive is to excel in your field, and you work hard because you want to compensate the agreed compensation for you then do it.

do you know some people get hurt, once they see someone working hard (pag sila ay hindi naman) kasi nagiging sampal iyun sa kanila. masakit makita yung mga hardworking people kapag ikaw ay hindi hardworking. masakit din makita yung mga tao na nageexcel tapos ikaw ayam mong magexcel. masakit makita yung mga tao na sinusulit yung binabayad sa kanila tapos ikaw sa kailaliman ng puso hindi mo sinusulit. Truth always hurt especially when you see your shortcomings.

now what are the common responses.. 2 things diba

1. magbago (or)
2. do something para alisin mo yung salamin (siraan o sabihin sa kanya wag kanamang magact na salamin.. sipsip...

Kung ikaw ay salamin jeff, manantili kabang maging salamin for the sake na hindi makita ng iba yung kanilang shorcomings
(or) magstay ka as you are and dong everything because you know that's the right way.
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Registration date : 22/09/2008

https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Post by glensky Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:13 pm

hmnnn..if ur still in e same company as the one we talk about,ur situation is no different from the pple in their branch here.thats why very fast ang turnover nila.there two ways u can deal w/ this u can opt to transfer to a better company-but i know for a fact that there would still be daggers and arrows zeroing on your back heheheh.the second opt is- stand your ground keep on your toes and be ready to play the game, in our kind of work the only one u need to impress is your design director nobody else.ive quit office job 8 yrs ago,but being a fulltime freelance i was able to see politics in a different view- and its both disgusting and interesting.
glensky
glensky
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 06/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by destijl_art Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Welcome to d club mate!!! Very Happy unang tungtong ko dto s dubai yan agad ang bungad skin nang boss ko at mga kasamahan s trabaho "racial discrimination" may naging manager p nga ako halos ituring akong robot eh n para bagang walang kapaguran at walang imusyon, i papa ot syo ung rush n project dahil s kapalpakan nila kya n delay tapos ikaw p din papagalitan dahil hinde naging ok ung presentation!. well my friend dto ako natutulong 2mayo at ipaglaban ang sarile ko kapag alam ko kung nasalugar at tama ako. Even my boss told me n hinde pwedeng maging manager ang mga asian esp. pinoy dahil hinde daw pakikinggan lalo na nang mga arabo pero hinde daw sya racist! hinde s pag mamayabang but i became design manager nang company nmin dahil hindi ko cla hinayaang tapakan ang pagkatao ko at kakayahan ko, You have the talent and knowledge my friend you will always shine no matter what just get hold of your self wag kang ma intimidate tao lang din yan basta ilagay mo lang s lugar and take your time at wag kang mahiyang umiyak (tago k lang he he he) malaking tulong yan pra mailabas mo ang galit mo and find someone to talk to ung 22o hinde plastik. Good luck syo kya mo yan pagdasal mo nlang ang mga Twisted Evil n yan!.
destijl_art
destijl_art
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 02/11/2008

http://mbmstudio.wixsite.com/mbmstudio

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:56 pm

destijl_art wrote:Welcome to d club mate!!! Very Happy unang tungtong ko dto s dubai yan agad ang bungad skin nang boss ko at mga kasamahan s trabaho "racial discrimination" may naging manager p nga ako halos ituring akong robot eh n para bagang walang kapaguran at walang imusyon, i papa ot syo ung rush n project dahil s kapalpakan nila kya n delay tapos ikaw p din papagalitan dahil hinde naging ok ung presentation!. well my friend dto ako natutulong 2mayo at ipaglaban ang sarile ko kapag alam ko kung nasalugar at tama ako. Even my boss told me n hinde pwedeng maging manager ang mga asian esp. pinoy dahil hinde daw pakikinggan lalo na nang mga arabo pero hinde daw sya racist! hinde s pag mamayabang but i became design manager nang company nmin dahil hindi ko cla hinayaang tapakan ang pagkatao ko at kakayahan ko, You have the talent and knowledge my friend you will always shine no matter what just get hold of your self wag kang ma intimidate tao lang din yan basta ilagay mo lang s lugar and take your time at wag kang mahiyang umiyak (tago k lang he he he) malaking tulong yan pra mailabas mo ang galit mo and find someone to talk to ung 22o hinde plastik. Good luck syo kya mo yan pagdasal mo nlang ang mga Twisted Evil n yan!.

Kaya Idol ko to e!!! drinksmile
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:13 am

Thanks a lot guys for all the advices and suggestions.Im surprised with all the responses and may time kayo para sa mga katanungan ko.Maraming salamat po sa lahat ng inyong payo laking tulong po ito para po sa career ko.Yeah medyo mahirap but i have to deal with it!ganun talga.With all the support from you guys im sure ma oovercome ko to and for all those whose reading these and experiencing as well,eto na mga kasagutan mga kapatid!Take it all from the masters and experienced guys here!Again thanks and More power to all of you! thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:13 am

Great jeff, wishing u all the luck sa career mo. Stumbling blocks lang yan. Ul go through it ok.
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Butz_Arki Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:39 pm

goodluck bro!! Keep on praying lang ...Kayang kaya yan..!!

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:Thanks a lot guys for all the advices and suggestions.Im surprised with all the responses and may time kayo para sa mga katanungan ko.Maraming salamat po sa lahat ng inyong payo laking tulong po ito para po sa career ko.Yeah medyo mahirap but i have to deal with it!ganun talga.With all the support from you guys im sure ma oovercome ko to and for all those whose reading these and experiencing as well,eto na mga kasagutan mga kapatid!Take it all from the masters and experienced guys here!Again thanks and More power to all of you! thumbsup
Butz_Arki
Butz_Arki
Superbeast
Superbeast

Number of posts : 4081

Http://butzoy.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2