Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you handle POLITICS in the office?

+9
oRangE.n.GreeN
kurdaps!
tutik
jenaro
Butz_Arki
cubi_o:
dpyxl
ERICK
celes
13 posters

:: General :: Tambayan

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How do you handle POLITICS in the office? Empty How do you handle POLITICS in the office?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:28 am

Hi guys.Ive been thinking a lot lately how to handle this. This past few months,we in the office are getting bigger and bigger inspite of the global crisis.And i feel that right now,im in to this kind of sad situation which I didnt imagine that will happen to me. I am a type of person kse that I treated everyone equally without looking what nationality he/she is. I just wonder if you guys can share some of your experiences.Im sure a lot of you here experienced a lot lot more than me. I haven’t experience like this before so sometimes i end up just rubbing my head into a certain situation which i don’t understand why people can do such things. Anyway thanks a lot guys and share nyo din mga experience nyo and how you are handling it.. Thanks and cheers everyone.. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

How do you handle POLITICS in the office? Empty Re: How do you handle POLITICS in the office?

Post by celes Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:45 am

sir you need to explain what exactly is happening para makashare kami ng views namin. kelangan specific kasi politics is really about misunderstanding and miscommunication gone awry. minsan what we think or feel is not the same as the other person's.
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

How do you handle POLITICS in the office? Empty Re: How do you handle POLITICS in the office?

Post by ERICK Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:49 am

Politics in the office parang "crab mentality" hope i got it right... or correct me if im wrong... naka experience na din ako ng grabeng politika sa opisina... anjan ung malapit na akong ipromote then suddenly babawiin because of some people na totally disagree with it... though performance wise im good (yabang).... minsan talaga ganun.. pero pareng jeff about racial discrimination, wala pa ako naencounter ng ganyan...
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Number of posts : 3907
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.ericktorio.tk http://www.coroflot.com/ericktorio

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:51 am

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:Hi guys.Ive been thinking a lot lately how to handle this. This past few months,we in the office are getting bigger and bigger inspite of the global crisis.And i feel that right now,im in to this kind of sad situation which I didnt imagine that will happen to me. I am a type of person kse that I treated everyone equally without looking what nationality he/she is. I just wonder if you guys can share some of your experiences.Im sure a lot of you here experienced a lot lot more than me. I haven’t experience like this before so sometimes i end up just rubbing my head into a certain situation which i don’t understand why people can do such things. Anyway thanks a lot guys and share nyo din mga experience nyo and how you are handling it.. Thanks and cheers everyone.. thumbsup

hmmmnnn... it will tire you up parekoy. Proven fact yan na kahit anong sabihin pa ng iba lalo na ung mga arabic speaking people na fair sila ay hindi totoo. talagang malaki ang discrimination parekoy lalo na pag magaling ka. they will always pull you down which is very very very common lalo na sa mga kapwa natin pinoy. Politics in a working place with professionals and non-pro is very common. pwedeng magdisguise ang politics sa napakaraming ways... napansin ko sa thread mo pre na hindi gaanong nadefine ung problema mo sa politics sa office nyo? care to specify it? Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by dpyxl Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:59 am

patience, patience, and more patience.. as long you can do your work without the hassle..without delay, without crossing somebody's redline.

dito alam mo na din siguro yung issue between designers and 3d people, minsan on the spot na nga delivery.. step aside na yung asar mo, basta matapos yung project, hindi tama pero we have to adapt in certain situation na hindi/mahirap ma-control.. that's life, unfair pero its a learning process na din in return..

dpyxl
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 16/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:03 am

mushroom wrote:sir you need to explain what exactly is happening para makashare kami ng views namin. kelangan specific kasi politics is really about misunderstanding and miscommunication gone awry. minsan what we think or feel is not the same as the other person's.

Madami na kaseng situation sir.Cant really specify here cause it might be used against me if ever they read about it.
Im just hoping lang na may makukuha akong tips in a certain same situation if ever you guys reply here.
Cant believe they are now spying all what i am doing. Like here sa Cgp,they are always visiting this site for they are hoping
they can get a lot of info about me(like posting office projects)..tsk tsk tsk,desperate moves....Anyway thanks guys for
listening and for the advices.we really cant pleased everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:09 am

dpyxl wrote:patience, patience, and more patience.. as long you can do your work without the hassle..without delay, without crossing somebody's redline.

dito alam mo na din siguro yung issue between designers and 3d people, minsan on the spot na nga delivery.. step aside na yung asar mo, basta matapos yung project, hindi tama pero we have to adapt in certain situation na hindi/mahirap ma-control.. that's life, unfair pero its a learning process na din in return..

Agree with this bro.Ganun talga e.A lot of people are not happy seeing you doing a good job.For them kailngan whay they can do is only what you can do.Tama bang pakikisama yun??Pakikisama ba yun>??WHat you guys think? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:15 am

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:
mushroom wrote:sir you need to explain what exactly is happening para makashare kami ng views namin. kelangan specific kasi politics is really about misunderstanding and miscommunication gone awry. minsan what we think or feel is not the same as the other person's.

Madami na kaseng situation sir.Cant really specify here cause it might be used against me if ever they read about it.
Im just hoping lang na may makukuha akong tips in a certain same situation if ever you guys reply here.
Cant believe they are now spying all what i am doing. Like here sa Cgp,they are always visiting this site for they are hoping
they can get a lot of info about me(like posting office projects)..tsk tsk tsk,desperate moves....Anyway thanks guys for

well pag ganyan isipin mo na lang dude na ang punong mabunga binabato. thumbsup important thing is stay focused and committed sa work. you may be blamed as "sipsip" or whatever but ignore them just do your job well. because if the time comes that you will run your own business, isn't this the same attitude that you would want for your future employees? this means still producing qood quality work. dangerous people to avoid are those who are very loud, calculative, always act as if the company owes them. advice ko rin is ignore these people. isipin mo na rin na brilliant people are always opposed by mediocre minds kaya ka pinupulitika Very Happy
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:19 am

kietsmark wrote:
ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:Hi guys.Ive been thinking a lot lately how to handle this. This past few months,we in the office are getting bigger and bigger inspite of the global crisis.And i feel that right now,im in to this kind of sad situation which I didnt imagine that will happen to me. I am a type of person kse that I treated everyone equally without looking what nationality he/she is. I just wonder if you guys can share some of your experiences.Im sure a lot of you here experienced a lot lot more than me. I haven’t experience like this before so sometimes i end up just rubbing my head into a certain situation which i don’t understand why people can do such things. Anyway thanks a lot guys and share nyo din mga experience nyo and how you are handling it.. Thanks and cheers everyone.. thumbsup

hmmmnnn... it will tire you up parekoy. Proven fact yan na kahit anong sabihin pa ng iba lalo na ung mga arabic speaking people na fair sila ay hindi totoo. talagang malaki ang discrimination parekoy lalo na pag magaling ka. they will always pull you down which is very very very common lalo na sa mga kapwa natin pinoy. Politics in a working place with professionals and non-pro is very common. pwedeng magdisguise ang politics sa napakaraming ways... napansin ko sa thread mo pre na hindi gaanong nadefine ung problema mo sa politics sa office nyo? care to specify it? Twisted Evil

SAlamat parekoy!Agree with that kapwa pinoy thing. Shocked I dont know parekoy but i didnt pull somebody down to put myself on top.Right now i have a indonesian partner.He had a lot of experience compared to me and a lot of knowkedge but instead to compete with him and make my stay in the office a hell of workplace i prefer to make friends with him and treat him as my big brother and the result is very good.But still a lot of people here cant get the same thinking.I dont know kung may epekto ba yung mga na experience nila before cause a lot here are ex abroad na din.Anyway thanks parekoy,hirap talga buhay ofw..hihihi..Dami pinakikisamahan kahit na wala na sa lugar iwas gulo na lng..hehehehe.. thumbsup

Last edited by ARCHITHEKTHURA on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:21 am

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:A lot of people are not happy seeing you doing a good job.For them kailngan whay they can do is only what you can do.Tama bang pakikisama yun??Pakikisama ba yun>??WHat you guys think? scratch

this is classic crab mentality dude. dahil di sila makasabay sa yo ikaw dapat ang makisabay, but in that case they are really pulling you down.
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:23 am

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:we really cant pleased everyone.

parekoy... piece of advise lang... don't try to please or explain yourself to someone kasi sabi nga nila the person who likes you will not listen and the person who despise you will not believe ganun din yan pag nag try kang i-please ang sinuman...

Back to top Go down

Post by dpyxl Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:23 am

we have to relate, second class citizen lang tayo pag labas natin ng pinas, lalo na pa 3d, pagsuccess yung project nasa likod lang tayo ng tabing, syempre front man yung mga designer.. sa kanila yung glory and fame.

pero kung gusto nila ng instant project or scenario na impossible ibigay in a blink of an eye.. hindi uubra dito sa office, may limitations din syempre, duh the balls are already in the 3d guys how to pull the magic trick..

what's essential is our career path is growing and as well our bank account too.

Last edited by dpyxl on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:29 am; edited 2 times in total

dpyxl
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 16/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by cubi_o: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:25 am

hi dude jeff...i knw how it is to be..been in your place in my previous work. i knw na ur trying to be friendly to everybody..pero dude..tama ka..u can't pleased everyone.lalo na't we have this language barrier sa ibang ka officemate natin at iba iba ang culture. advice ko lng...jst try to be observant to each and individuals attitude. may mga things na ma eshare tau to everyone pero dapat maging maingat din tau baka gamitin nila yan against us... andoon na yung work...pero dapat wag kang pa apekto sa working attitude mo.. i knw it will bothers u a lot lalo na't grabe yung politika sa office. bsta kip in mind lng.....set mo pa rin ang working attitude. hwag kang pa apekto....ayyytttss!!!!!

Last edited by cubi_o: on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
cubi_o:
cubi_o:
The Hobbyist
The Hobbyist

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 21/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:26 am

depende yan kung anong sitwasyon bro, for ex. meron ako nakaencounter nagpapasikat hanep daw talaga kung magpakita ng presentation brutal talaga parang nakakain ng isang sakong jellybeans ayun palakpakan ang lahat angat ang sales, "u did a great job" sabay promote...(masaya pati ang client) the following weeks email si client...."i paid you a f...$$$ buckz to design me this blah blah then i found out that this f...IS A BIG RIP!!!!" wow parang nagunaw ang mundo nung me ari...waboom! wow bukingz! ayun, tangal si kolokoy' ika nga meron kc yang "MALA Behind The Scene" parang pelikula' ingit si ganito / sipsip si ganito / tamang duda si ganito / me topak si ganito nagttrip lang maraming sitwasyon yan bro, kaya dapat pag trabahador ka expect mo na agad yan kahit maliit palang kayo o malaki na, magtrabaho kanalang isipin mo nalang lagi bayaran mo sa bahay / sa kuryente / paaral sa anak / gastos sa syota / pagkain sa araw araw lahat ng klaseng gastusin...pag napulitika ka tawanan mo lang' kamu karma karin kahit anung lahi pa yan dadaanan din yan ng pusang itim (mingyaww!) affraid ahh

Last edited by nardsdesign on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:27 am

mushroom wrote:
ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:

well pag ganyan isipin mo na lang dude na ang punong mabunga binabato. thumbsup important thing is stay focused and committed sa work. you may be blamed as "sipsip" or whatever but ignore them just do your job well. because if the time comes that you will run your own business, isn't this the same attitude that you would want for your future employees? this means still producing qood quality work. dangerous people to avoid are those who are very loud, calculative, always act as if the company owes them. advice ko rin is ignore these people. isipin mo na rin na brilliant people are always opposed by mediocre minds kaya ka pinupulitika Very Happy

Yeah youre absolutely right sir mushroom.Remember before sa mini blog i mentioned about the benefits I received? I think of them thats why i didnt show my happiness to avoid politics and the sipsip kind of thinking.
Yeah a lot of them had the big mouth but doesnt do anything.Thanks for the advices sir. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Butz_Arki Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:28 am

alam mo pare KITZ, .mhirap yang situation mo..kapag politics na ang nangibabaw sa opisina khit anong galing mo pa, sira ka din sa kanila..ang isa pang nakakaasar kapg kapwa mo pa pinoy ang nagdodown sayo..yun ang msakit..nakaexperience na ako ng ganyan sa saudi arabia..simple word lang ( INGGIT ) ..ganun lang..!! Yung tipong may magsspy sayo kung ano gngwa mo kapg nsa bahay kana... kung saan k pmupunta..kung sino mga kaibigan mo..Hirap talga..kaya ako ginwa mo, ginawa ko trabaho ko hanggang matpos contract ko..Isipin mo hanggang nanjan ka, una yung pamilya mo, then ang sarili mo. Isipin mo na mabubuhay ka kahit ikaw lang..Isipin mo nalng na maraming mabuting tao na makikisama sayo...LAKAS LANG NG LOOB...!!
Butz_Arki
Butz_Arki
Superbeast
Superbeast

Number of posts : 4081

Http://butzoy.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jenaro Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:35 am

normal yan mga sir...ngkakaiba lang yan sa paano mo ihandle sarili mo...politics has its good and bad side...kaso lang more often bad side nanyayari...dito sa UAE normal yan,pero wat to do?4th class nga tayo dito...1st local...2nd puti...3rd arabic and muslim country...4th pinoy at indiano...ung 5th at 6th never mind,kaliwale...this is the challenge for us to prove ourself kaso lang malunkot man isipin eh may mga pinoy na namana ung ugali sa talangka...dapat masaya tayo sa tagumpay ng isang pilipino dapat lahi naten un...at tayo din naman unang matutulungan nuon...just do wat need to do and do it ryt! peace man
jenaro
jenaro
Peter Pran
Peter Pran

Number of posts : 3132
Registration date : 22/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:38 am

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:SAlamat parekoy!Agree with that kapwa pinoy thing. Shocked I dont know parekoy but i didnt pull somebody down to put myself on top.Right now i have a indonesian partner.He had a lot of experience compared to me and a lot of knowkedge but instead to compete with him and make my stay in the office a hell of workplace i prefer to make friends with him and treat him as my big brother and the result is very good.But still a lot of people here cant get the same thinking.I dont know kung may epekto ba yung mga na experience nila before cause a lot here are ex abroad na din.Anyway thanks parekoy,hirap talga bihay ofw..hihihi..Dami pinakikisamahan kahit na wala na sa lugar iwas gulo na lng..hehehehe.. thumbsup

parekoy in your caliber you don't need to pull someone para mapunta ka sa taas hehehe your work can speak for yourself. And competition is always good if it is healthy. Palagay ko parekoy is ugali na talaga nila un and not because they are ex-abroad or not. ikaw kasi lol masyado mo ginalingan kaya ayan... pinag-iinitan ka na hehehe joke lang parekoy

ang naiisip ko kasi dyan is... kung totoong mas experienced and mas maraming alam ung indonesian and nakikita ng iba mong colleagues na lumalapit ka at nakikipagkaibigan ay naiisip nila na gusto mong gamitin ung pagiging magkaibigan nyo later to have "that" knowledge as well... which is very common in our field as what we called it LEECHER. Maraming tao ang kaya makikipagkaibigan is dahil may kelangan or takot lang na masapawan kaya ang ginagawa is kakaibiganin ung alam nilang threat sa kanila then pag parehas na sila ng alam is ididispatsa na... don't get me wrong on this parekoy ha... naisip ko lang baka ganun ung iniisip nila which is of course i highly doubt na ganun ka.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:39 am

kietsmark wrote:
ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:we really cant pleased everyone.

parekoy... piece of advise lang... don't try to please or explain yourself to someone kasi sabi nga nila the person who likes you will not listen and the person who despise you will not believe ganun din yan pag nag try kang i-please ang sinuman...

Thanks parekoy.Maasahan talga kita..hehehehe.. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Butz_Arki Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:41 am

AGree ako kay pare kietsmark..tama yung mga sinabi nya..Kaya advice ko sayo, mging observer kana lang..pakiramdaman mo silang lahat..Mas maganda wag kana magtitiwala muna sa kanila..Sa sarili mo ka nalng magtiwala...

kietsmark wrote:
ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:SAlamat parekoy!Agree with that kapwa pinoy thing. Shocked I dont know parekoy but i didnt pull somebody down to put myself on top.Right now i have a indonesian partner.He had a lot of experience compared to me and a lot of knowkedge but instead to compete with him and make my stay in the office a hell of workplace i prefer to make friends with him and treat him as my big brother and the result is very good.But still a lot of people here cant get the same thinking.I dont know kung may epekto ba yung mga na experience nila before cause a lot here are ex abroad na din.Anyway thanks parekoy,hirap talga bihay ofw..hihihi..Dami pinakikisamahan kahit na wala na sa lugar iwas gulo na lng..hehehehe.. thumbsup

parekoy in your caliber you don't need to pull someone para mapunta ka sa taas hehehe your work can speak for yourself. And competition is always good if it is healthy. Palagay ko parekoy is ugali na talaga nila un and not because they are ex-abroad or not. ikaw kasi lol masyado mo ginalingan kaya ayan... pinag-iinitan ka na hehehe joke lang parekoy

ang naiisip ko kasi dyan is... kung totoong mas experienced and mas maraming alam ung indonesian and nakikita ng iba mong colleagues na lumalapit ka at nakikipagkaibigan ay naiisip nila na gusto mong gamitin ung pagiging magkaibigan nyo later to have "that" knowledge as well... which is very common in our field as what we called it LEECHER. Maraming tao ang kaya makikipagkaibigan is dahil may kelangan or takot lang na masapawan kaya ang ginagawa is kakaibiganin ung alam nilang threat sa kanila then pag parehas na sila ng alam is ididispatsa na... don't get me wrong on this parekoy ha... naisip ko lang baka ganun ung iniisip nila which is of course i highly doubt na ganun ka.
Butz_Arki
Butz_Arki
Superbeast
Superbeast

Number of posts : 4081

Http://butzoy.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jenaro Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:42 am

iba nga dito sa UAE compare sa saudi sa saudi pagnakakita ng kapwa pinoy eh todo bati daw...dito eh wag mo na pansin kasi di ka naman din papasinin...maiinis ka lang...hehehhehe,advise nga saken nung bago pa lang ako dito makipagkaibigan ka na sa ibang lahi kaysa kapwa pinoy kasi delikado...hehehhehe,pero naniniwala paren ako na may matinong pinoy na tulad naten naks!na pede paktiwalaan!mabuhay tyo!
jenaro
jenaro
Peter Pran
Peter Pran

Number of posts : 3132
Registration date : 22/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:42 am

Jeff, focus lang maadvise ko sa iyo. People judge you because of what you've done but if you know you have done what you think was right then what they say doesn't matter anymore.

Pasok sa kaliwa, labas sa kanan. Proven na yan thumbsup
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Number of posts : 1715
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:47 am

dpyxl wrote:we have to relate, second class citizen lang tayo pag labas natin ng pinas, lalo na pa 3d, pagsuccess yung project nasa likod lang tayo ng tabing, syempre front man yung mga designer.. sa kanila yung glory and fame.

pero kung gusto nila ng instant project or scenario na impossible ibigay in a blink of an eye.. hindi uubra dito sa office, may limitations din syempre, duh the balls are already in the 3d guys how to pull the magic trick..

what's essential is our career path is growing and as well our bank account too.

hahaha well-said bro!!! thumbsup for me i am not really hook on "designer" job description thing. based on experience lang naman... most of the times... visualizers are better designers and most of the time it's just a job description... lalo na working abroad... it's a slash thing. visualizer/draftsman/detailer/tenderer/designer/etc... etc... hope you get what i mean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:48 am

kietsmark wrote:

No problem bro..hehehehe.Yeah pwedeng ganun nga isipin nung iba and I know they are doing everything for us to be in seperate ways but luckily my partner believes more in me than them!hahahaha..Konting kibot lang report nya na sa kin.hehehe.This is because what i developed between us is a very good working relationship.I make friends with him not because may makukuha ako sa kanya or may makukuha sya sa kin but more important para sa kin e yung smooth and attitude free working environment.He is a big help to me thats why im doing everything for him to make his job easy too.Ganun lng dapat.We're team.It doesnt matter kung hindi kagalingan ang importante maayos kang katrabaho.Walang bias.Thanks ulit parekoy! thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:56 am

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:I know they are doing everything for us to be in seperate ways but luckily my partner believes more in me than them!hahahaha..Konting kibot lang report nya na sa kin.hehehe.This is because what i developed between us is a very good working relationship.

parekoy natatakot ako sa kahihinatnan ng relationship nyo... wag naman sana kayong madevelop sa isa't-isa hehehe kawawa naman si marekoy! peace man nyahahahaha wave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next