Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thesis Proposal of a Watersports Complex

5 posters

Go down

Thesis Proposal of a Watersports Complex Empty Thesis Proposal of a Watersports Complex

Post by jessicarchi Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:59 am

Dear Masters:

Greetings in Peace!

I am presently conducting my thesis about a proposal of a watersports complex. I would like to ask a few
questions with regards to my thesis proposal specifically about the use
of fabric tensile structures. Fabric tensioned materials will be a
predominant element since my thesis is a proposal of a watersports
complex with the concept of sail architecture.

1.) Would it be more efficient to use tensioned fabric materials compared to conventional roofing materials?

2.) How is the fabric tensile material maintenance carried out?

3.) In case of heavy downpours or typhoons, would the vibration caused
by the rain dropping to the tensioned fabric cause noise?

4.) Do you think that it would be advisable to use fabric tensioned materials in a stadium setting?

5.) How would the concept of sail architecture or the use of fabric
tensile materials be applied on areas like the utility core, toilets and
other support services?

6.) According to my research, Limkaco Industries is the leading
materials supplier of fabric tensile materials here in the Philippines. Are there more efficient and nearby
suppliers available? Do they charge it per square meter?

Your consideration would be highly appreciated. We looked forward to your continued support and cooperation to us students.

Thank you and God speed!

jessicarchi
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 29/04/2010

Back to top Go down

Thesis Proposal of a Watersports Complex Empty Re: Thesis Proposal of a Watersports Complex

Post by bokkins Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:28 am

1. design-wise, mas attractive ang tensile structure by itself. Pero depende sa gamit. Maybe a combination of both will make it more efficient. price, medyo mahal ang stretch membrane.

2. very low maintenance. dumudumi nga lang pero almost zero maintenance ito.

3. Very strong material ito. It's even bulletproofed. Sabi sa amin noon, kaya daw magpatakbo ng kotse sa roof na to. Of course dapat malakas ang foundation mo dito. Hindi kasi sa fabric ang problem, sa supporting structure ang magiging problem nyan.

4. Yes of course. Aside from being beautiful, it's also lightweight, light on the eyes and many more reasons.

5. thats for you to solve. dyan masusubok ang creative idea nyo.

6. You can actually import it if you consider the volume of your order. Mapapamura pa kayo if that's the case. 25k per square ito noon, di ko lang sure kung bumaba na ang presyo. Conventional roofing cost around 5k per square.

Big difference in price but big difference in design.

This tensile structure could be your branding, so you won't to spend so much on advertising during operation.

Sasabihin lang nila... Dun tayo sa may magandang roof, yung parang sail. Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Thesis Proposal of a Watersports Complex Empty Re: Thesis Proposal of a Watersports Complex

Post by jessicarchi Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:40 am

Kahit kailang, ang bilis talaga ni sir Bokkins.. hehe.. Thank you very much sir for your inputs.. Is it alright if i'll add you to the participants of my study? hehe..

Additional question po pala regarding sa no.2.. Paano ba siya nililinis, kailangan po ba ng special na chemical or simply soap and water lang po? hehe..

Also yung number 3 question po.. Pag umulan ng malakas, nagccause ng vibration yung patak ng ulan tska yung tensile fabric. Maingay po ba siya to the point na hindi na magkarinigan yung mga tao na nasa loob? or tolerable noise lang naman po? nasa tentioning din po ba yun nung fabric?

Thank you very much sir.. Smile

jessicarchi
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by markitekdesign Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:48 am

To maintain your tensile fabric structure, I recommend that you periodically clean the roof with a solution of warm water and a non-abrasive cleaner.
markitekdesign
markitekdesign
Revit Master
Revit Master

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 23/06/2009

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MarkitekDesign/206738446066181

Back to top Go down

Post by markitekdesign Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:51 am

What is the difference between an abrasive and nonabrasive cleaner?

Abrasive cleaners use friction (from small grit like particles) to "scrub" the surface clean--they will scratch acrylic tubs.

Non-abrasives do not have any "grit" type particles, they are all liquid or foam and they clean through the use of chemicals only.

Non-abrasive cleaners do not damage the material being cleaned, while the abrasive ones might, and they are made with very harsh chemicals :
markitekdesign
markitekdesign
Revit Master
Revit Master

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 23/06/2009

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MarkitekDesign/206738446066181

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:34 am

Yan nasagot na ni markitek.

sa vibration naman, of course meron. Meron i doubt it na malakas ito to cause disturbance sa wires. Meant for vibration kasi ang mga ganitong structures dahit sa mga hinihila ang mga parts nito to make a strong and stable system. So in effect, yang mga concerns mo sa vibration ay talagang considered na even during computations.

As for sound naman, in theory, mas tahimik ito sa isang solid surface since nadidistribute kaagad ang sound waves dahil sa character nyang tensile. So kakaunti lang ang nakakalagpas.

Try mo punta sa rockwell or sa bonifacio high street. Merong mga real life samples ng stretch membrane dun.

The biggest I've been to was sa clark. Yung clark centennial expo ni President Ramos. To bad hindi nagamit, dahil daw nacorrupt ang project.

bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by whey09 Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:39 am

Meron sa Pampanga, sa Lakeshore. Nung una, open lang sa side yun. Hiindi siya enclosed, so kapag umuulan ng malakas nababasa yung basketball court. So they decided na i-enclosed na siya then lagyan ng aircon.

I'll try kung makakahingi ako ng details nung stretch membrane sa Lakeshore.
whey09
whey09
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1869
Registration date : 02/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicarchi Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:12 am

Thank you for the suggestions mga sir.. Actually I'm from Pampanga specifically sa Clark kaya i'm very familiar sa fabric tensile structure sa Expo.. hehe..

Yun ang tinanong sakin kasi medyo nangalawang na yung connection of members niya.. tska hindi nammaintain ng maayos kaya mabilis nagdeteriorate.. kasi suppose to be it will creep only a few percent over 20 years of use.. eh 1998 lang ginawa yun.. hehe..

thanks sir markitek for that scientific explanation.. hehe..

sir whey thanks po, i got some snapshots po ng lakeshore tent.. the details would be greatly appreciated.. hehe! ^___*

jessicarchi
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by whey09 Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:19 am

I will try pero I can't promise,
whey09
whey09
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1869
Registration date : 02/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicarchi Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks sir Whey.. Great help indeed.. Smile

jessicarchi
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:38 am

Yung kalawang mabilis lang maayos yan. Hindi problem yan at all. Pasinin mo ang mismong fabric kung nadamage since 1998. Tingin ko walang kasira-sira. Yung member lang kasi hindi namaintain di ba? once namaintain mo ang sa paglinis sa members nyan steel, wala ka magiging problema. Good that you're taking this dahil sa expo. Everybody should know about that, nasasayangan talaga ako sa structure na yun. Sariwa pa sa isip ko ang field trip namin dun 12 years ago. haha.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicarchi Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:00 am

Thank you po sir bokkins.. hehe! I learned a lot from here..

jessicarchi
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicarchi Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Thanks to CGP, I was able to pass my RMA with this thesis title and finished the entire book.

However, during the course of my study, I was able to see some loopholes in which I think I should be able to cover up as I continue this topic in Design 9.

One of which is the "Architectural Relevance" of this study. As I was doing my space allocations and space requirements, I noticed that most of the activities present in a watersports complex composts of open areas like a pool or a man-made lake..
There are structures like the souvenir shop and the administrative building and the other utilities.. But is this enough to show the architectural character of my concept? Would it be advisable to put a stadium in a watersports complex setting? Thank you..

jessicarchi
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:52 am

Stadium for swimming pool of water polo or any competition sports could also be an option. pati na din diving.

Congratulations for passing.

Bakit mo naman naitanong ang architectural relevance? You mean to say hindi mo pa naaral ito thoroughly? By now dapat convinced ka na na isang pangangailangan ito for a country.

Good luck!
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicarchi Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Thank you sir.. Nagtitle defence kami at naapprove naman ang title ko na ito..

Regarding my architectural style, I was thinking of conceptualizing my own architectural style.. Ayos lang po ba ang combination ng tensioned fabric at lattice element? Thank you masters.. Very Happy

Last edited by jessicarchi on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating)

jessicarchi
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Lahat ng nasa loob ng complex should speak the architecture you wanted. Ganun lang kasimple.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by jamox luche Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:53 pm

maki singit lng po, ilan po na cater mo water sports sa complex? anong water sports meron? me accomodations ba needed neto? thank you
jamox luche
jamox luche
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 18/08/2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down