Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To all DSLR user

+15
ar_monzter
Muggz
julcab
theomatheus
lance
logikpixel
dats
silvercrown
whey09
v_wrangler
jerahmeel2002
benj.arki
ayzrock
3DZONE
markitekdesign
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

To all DSLR user - Page 2 Empty To all DSLR user

Post by markitekdesign Tue May 24, 2011 10:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

i see new photographers every single month and they increase in number every season. its great to have a lot of us around, but its also sad to say that because equipment are so easy to come by nowadays, the true essence of photography is sometimes disregarded by many.

you see people or "photographers" with such great equipment, the latest and most expensive ones. BUT they dont know squat about how to operate them. im betting too, that they have not even opened nor read their manuals. so many people "photographers" brag and post their so-called photo-shoots without even considering the QUALITY of the photographs.

- posting photographs that are not up to standard is the worst thing you can do. not only are you lowering your standards but you are spreading the wrong message out there that its OK to just shoot and post without even considering whether it looks good or not. i mean whatever happened to QUALITY INSTEAD OF QUANTITY?

- you DO NOT need all the expensive equipment available in the market. buy a good, sturdy camera (dslr) with its basic kit lens. this is good enough to start with. you dont need the expensive equipment to come up with better photographs and just because everyone else has it or it looks cool. you may have a ton of money around your bed but remember than at the end of the day, you are the master and painter, the one who thinks, composes and clicks the shutter button - NOT THE CAMERA. plus know that those expensive equipment has got purpose and value so it takes SKILL to justify its worth.

- READ YOUR MANUAL. the manual of a camera is essential to every photographer. it is our "bible". read it carefully and it helps that you hold the camera at hand while reading and checking every instruction and trying every function on your camera. this will help you get to know the capabilities of your camera. keep it safe - NOT in your drawer at home or in the box of the camera or the trash bin, but it should be kept in your camera bag at all times.

- READ books, magazines and browse the internet. getting tips, information and acquiring inspiration will help you.

- PRACTICE. PRACTICE. PRACTICE. when i first started out in photography, i used to take photographs of anything and everything that came my way, day or night, i would take photos and do it again and again until i knew i got it perfectly. it helped me get to know my camera, the functions, the technicalities of photography and most importantly, it helped me in my compositions. i was able to exercise my creativity.

- everybody loves fashion. but do not, and i repeat, please DO NOT go into ADVANCE portrait or fashion photography or any other complicated photography when you have not even mastered the basic function of your camera, lens or the basics of photography itself. you cannot do a good fashion shoot without even mastering basic portraiture. remember - things come in better when it is achieved slowly but surely.

- CHOOSE YOUR MENTORS WISELY. the person you look up to holds a big key in the improvement of your work. choose someone who can really help you. someone with the right knowledge, with the right connections, a good portfolio and real ability to tell you, teach you and help you in your craft. do not be afraid to approach or ask for help or advice. having a mentor who has good taste will be good for any aspiring photographer because you need to remember that whatever your chosen mentor shares and teaches you will reflect on your work and if his/her taste is not up to the standard, then how do you expect to move up? if your mentors cant even distinguish what a good model is from one who is not,then you have another thing going.

- BE YOUR OWN WORST CRITIC. be honest to yourself and about the quality of your work. observe every photograph you take, study it carefully and see what is good and bad about it. and see what you can do to improve it. constructive criticism is a big thing in photography - it will help you improve and see what others think of your work.

- BE CREATIVE. dont just point and shoot. coz if that is the case, then why buy such an expensive equipment when you can use your mobile right?! you have something so amazing with you so use it to your advantage. dont be afraid to experiment, to be different and creative.

- BE PASSIONATE. passion in anything we do in life gives us the best results because we put in effort. when you love what you do and work hard for it, it is all worth it. and believe me, photography is no joking matter. it takes time, effort and a lot of love to produce the best photographs.

i am not saying that i am the best photographer out there. i dont even consider myself a successful professional yet because i know my place and know that i have a long way to go. i am still learning, day by day and trying my best to improve my craft and i know for a fact, i still have a lot to learn in this industry. i honestly still go back to my own mentors and ask them for advice and tips when i know that i need to and always get their opinion on my work whenever i can.

my only take here is that these new "photographers" need to be more PATIENT. you do not get to be a photographer just because you have the equipment or have a lot of photo-shoots posted online or have joined workshops and can now be considered a "photographer".

it takes time, years and a lot of work and experience to be considered as one.

STICK TO THE BASICS FIRST. one by one. step by step. dont be impatient and go with a bang here and there, buying all the expensive lenses when you have not even mastered the simple kit lens and without any improvement in your work. learn how to properly execute a good photograph before going into anything as complicated as fashion or product photography. appreciate the journey and enjoy it, every single day, every single minute.

last but not the least - give photography the respect it deserves.

i hope this helps a lot of aspiring photographers...

because if all new "photographers" do not improve and increase in number, the quality of work will never improve and the reputation of ALL photographers in the industry will go down.
markitekdesign
markitekdesign
Revit Master
Revit Master

Number of posts : 2398
Registration date : 23/06/2009

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MarkitekDesign/206738446066181

Back to top Go down

To all DSLR user - Page 2 Empty Re: To all DSLR user

Post by silvercrown Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:02 am

jerahmeel2002 wrote:Bakit kailangan ng CGartist ng super computer? Para makapag render ng mabalis at magamit lahat ng features ng 3D software or graphic software.

Bakit hindi kailangan ng Secretary ng super computer? Kasi Msword lang ginagamit nya or MS office. hindi nya kailangan ng mablis kasi basic program lang gamit nya.

Super computer is like DSLR na para sa mga seryosong mag aral ng professional photography, kaya dapat mo malaman lahat ng potential nya.

Kung gagamitin mo lang ang DSLR sa basic photograph but not photography. Then buy Compact Digital camera na basic lang ang features.

Kasi ang point dito eh sayang ang DSLR kung hindi mo pag aaralan at gagamtin lahat ng kaya nyang gawin. To all DSLR user - Page 2 290323

Bat ba mainit yung dugo mo sa mga DSLR owners na basic lang ang alam sa photography?
Eh yung example mo sa super computer eh "office environment yan eh" alangan naman bibili ng super computer ang company kung MS Word nga lang gamit mo? drunken
Pero yung DSLR personal choice yan... walang pwedeng magbawal kung gusto mong bumili neto...
Gagamitin mo man yan para matuto at maging "professional photographer" or lagyan mo ng gulong at gawing laruan ng baby mo, "choice" mo yan...
In short KARAPATAN ng bawat isa ang pumili, bumili, ng kahit anumang bagay as long na hindi nakakasakit ng ibang tao... Kung nasasaktan ka tuwing nakakakita ka ng taong may DSLR at walang alam sa photography, then ikaw yung may problema... sigurado malala yan... pacheck-up ka... Twisted Evil

My argument is very basic bro... wag pakialaman ang karapatan ng iba...

PS
Most consumer cameras have the same features as the DSLR... (baka sakaling di mo alam)
The usual shooting Modes; A, S , M, P and AUTO (all you need to have)
Then theres the preset Auto modes; Sports, Landscape, Night, Portrait... (High end DSLR don't have this)
If you argue na kailangan mo ng DSLR para matuto that's not exactly correct...

silvercrown
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 05/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggz Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 am

a cellphone camera is enough for me,,, and it;s fun To all DSLR user - Page 2 309230
Muggz
Muggz
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 03/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by ar_monzter Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:06 pm

ok tong thread na to nakakarelate ako. hehe. bago pa lang din ako sa photography. kakakuha ko lang ng dslr last january. practice practice pa lang. 50mm pa nga lang lens ko e. haha
ar_monzter
ar_monzter
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 06/06/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by dats Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:17 am

ako nga din eh,halos mawalan ako nang gana nung una..pero buti na lang,may taga inspire pa rin..salamat sir silvercrown buttrock
dats
dats
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 13/01/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by jerahmeel2002 Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:07 am

silvercrown wrote:
jerahmeel2002 wrote:Bakit kailangan ng CGartist ng super computer? Para makapag render ng mabalis at magamit lahat ng features ng 3D software or graphic software.

Bakit hindi kailangan ng Secretary ng super computer? Kasi Msword lang ginagamit nya or MS office. hindi nya kailangan ng mablis kasi basic program lang gamit nya.

Super computer is like DSLR na para sa mga seryosong mag aral ng professional photography, kaya dapat mo malaman lahat ng potential nya.

Kung gagamitin mo lang ang DSLR sa basic photograph but not photography. Then buy Compact Digital camera na basic lang ang features.

Kasi ang point dito eh sayang ang DSLR kung hindi mo pag aaralan at gagamtin lahat ng kaya nyang gawin. To all DSLR user - Page 2 290323

Bat ba mainit yung dugo mo sa mga DSLR owners na basic lang ang alam sa photography?
Eh yung example mo sa super computer eh "office environment yan eh" alangan naman bibili ng super computer ang company kung MS Word nga lang gamit mo? drunken
Pero yung DSLR personal choice yan... walang pwedeng magbawal kung gusto mong bumili neto...
Gagamitin mo man yan para matuto at maging "professional photographer" or lagyan mo ng gulong at gawing laruan ng baby mo, "choice" mo yan...
In short KARAPATAN ng bawat isa ang pumili, bumili, ng kahit anumang bagay as long na hindi nakakasakit ng ibang tao... Kung nasasaktan ka tuwing nakakakita ka ng taong may DSLR at walang alam sa photography, then ikaw yung may problema... sigurado malala yan... pacheck-up ka... Twisted Evil

My argument is very basic bro... wag pakialaman ang karapatan ng iba...

PS
Most consumer cameras have the same features as the DSLR... (baka sakaling di mo alam)
The usual shooting Modes; A, S , M, P and AUTO (all you need to have)
Then theres the preset Auto modes; Sports, Landscape, Night, Portrait... (High end DSLR don't have this)
If you argue na kailangan mo ng DSLR para matuto that's not exactly correct...

Kaibigan ikaw ang mainit ang dugo sa comment ko.

Wala miski isa dito ang nag sabi na bawal magkarun ng DSLR ang photographer, professional photographer or anyperson. kaya lahat ay may KARAPATAN at agree ako dyan.

I used a computer as fegurative or metaphor and I'm not forcing you to understand.

Basahin mo uli ang last sentence na sinabi ko: "SAYANG!" - Ibig sabihin, encouraging for all of us to improved our skill sa photography. May sinabi ba akong bawal at walang karapatan?

At hindi ko ina-address ang comment ko to a particular person. My comment is for general. Ibig sabihin sa lahat, pati ako dapat din pag aralang mabuti ang DSLR ko, kasi dami ko pang dapat i-improved. Sayang ang camera ko kung ang alam ko lang is click the shutter and take the image to my camera and save it to my PC. I'm sure everyone would agree gusto nila na lahat ng features ng DSLR ay matutunan, pero I understand them, maybe wala silang time or walang magtuturo sa kanila.

Bago lang ako dito sa CGpinoy. Hindi ko alam na pwede pala mag tirahan ng comment dito. I don't want to argue as what silver said, I just express myself with open mind to criticism without harsh words!
jerahmeel2002
jerahmeel2002
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 17/10/2009

http://www.wix.com/5mendoza/jerrymendoza

Back to top Go down

Post by jerahmeel2002 Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:32 am

Peace Master silvercrown, feel free to comment. To all DSLR user - Page 2 290323
jerahmeel2002
jerahmeel2002
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 17/10/2009

http://www.wix.com/5mendoza/jerrymendoza

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:34 am

Discussion is unhealthy already, I will close this thread for awhile. If you have some issue with a particular person please address through PM or me.

Thank You.

kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:06 am

Thread is open, healthy discussions please. Thanks.

kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:36 am

guilty po ako dyan lalo nung una ko naranasan magka slr (film). mahal ang shots noon 36per roll kaya tiwala lang ako sa auto mode ng slr. saka ko na inisip karirin settings pag mura na ang shots. ayun sandamakmak na kwento sa litrato (prints) naman ang naipon ko. ngayon pwede na karirin ang settings pero di lang pala puro settings ang photography. parang animated film, yung kwento ang pinaka importante. shoot lang tayo ng shoot. appreciate natin gawa ng iba kahit ano man gamit nila. intindihin ang kwento ng bawat larawan tiyak lalalim ang pananaw nyo sa ano mang bagay. To all DSLR user - Page 2 290323

To all DSLR user - Page 2 10167288@N07
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Number of posts : 1715
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by whey09 Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:42 am

In behalf of the TS, alam ko nabasa ko na ito from a website, pero im not really sure kung saan, so malamang copy-paste lang ito
whey09
whey09
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1869
Registration date : 02/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterpearl Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:01 am

Wow. This is just the thread I'm looking for. thumbsup

I don't think it's a toxic thread. This is a topic worth discussing and pondering over, since the accessibility of photography is changing the world as we know it!

I understand how photography has become so popular nowadays. Aside from the lowering of camera prices, fast-growing social networks like Facebook and Tumblr are promoting the beauty and relevance of this art form.

Photography is the most accessible of all the arts. People who were once unable to create art through drawing or painting can now use a DSLR.

I know a few people who are struggling with their finances, but still buy DSLRs anyway because they aspire to be pro-photographers, and express themselves without needing to be schooled in traditional art techniques.

I think the TS should be particularly mad at the arrogant ones who think they're better than everyone else just because they own DSLRs, yet they do not have the good quality photos to back up their egos.

I've met and worked with some of these arrogant people. They kill the beauty and enjoyment of photography by spewing jargon like bokeh, exposure, rule of thirds, and all that without understanding what those are.
To add insult (to themselves I think), they would criticize the work of other photographers. No

What makes a crappy photo anyway? Just because it's blurry doesn't mean it's bad. If you read glossy magazines, you'll see blurry shots there that look fantastic, because they convey the concept of an ad or an article perfectly!

What makes a photo crappy is the attitude of the lensman who took it. If photography for him is just for show, and for him to feel better than everyone else, his lack of passion would prevent him from honing his skills. He won't be able to reach the next level of his photography.

We should all enjoy photography, and art in general, for what it is. Let's put aside unnecessary competition and just be passionate with the art we make.

SOURCE: I took a year's worth of film photography classes as part of my course curriculum. But as film is already dying (and bec. my work entails me to do photography on the side), I'm back to square one, teaching myself digital photography with the help of my friends. dancing

P.S. I don't own a DSLR - yet. Right now, I'm fine with my tiny bridge cam.

bitterpearl
bitterpearl

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 20/04/2010

http://pinayquarterlifer.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:07 am

I enjoy photographing stuff at my convenience so I again I'm considering dumping (again) my second then expensive Canon 550D + four lenses against my handy phone and the apps that makes my dull shots look interestingly snaps.

So I guess the moral of the lesson is that, gears big or small, expensive or cheap does not really matter - its what you do with them that counts.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:51 am

parang rendering engine. we cant deny there is always a hunger on what is the latest in the market 2012 sige updatae see what are the new features. Parang cell phone, lots of people always want what is the latest. Karamihan naman na mahilig sa gadget ay ganoon diba. It feels gratifying to be branded as "latest model ang gamit". Why? becuase there is a sense of attachment and significance. Ikaw nga ang magkaroon ng Ferrari sa daan, kung hinid ka pagtitinginan. Now para sa atin do we have the right to judge them? Certainly not.. lalo na kung kaya naman nilang bilhin at kanila iyon. Kailangan ba nilang bilhin ito. Well nasa judgement nila iyon.

However, kung sinoman ang magkaroon ng Ferarri, do they need to learn to drive it, or become a professional racer.. again nasa kanila iyon. We can't dictate it. However, kung bibili ka pagakatapos hindi mo rin ma drive, parang nakaktawa naman yata yon. Marami ding makakapuna sa iyo non. SO the ideal thing is learn how to drive and use it properly. Like with DSLR camera, since you have it, I guess basic things is know what it is. If you choose to use it as point and shoot due to perhaps your not confident yet go ahead. Kung gamitin mo ito in an intermdiate or advance level nasa sa iyo yun you are free sa iyo yan.

As for the photos, I wonder why so many people care so much on the techniques and seem forgetting the more important point " the context behind the image". What is the story behind it. If you want to become a well known photorapher you should be mindful with it,.. not just the technique... A beautiful image without meaning remains a beautiful picture not a masterpiece.
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Registration date : 22/09/2008

https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down