Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please advise: i7 Setup for 3D max 2010 + Vray RT + Animation

+2
darkirender
rendernewbie
6 posters

Go down

Please advise: i7 Setup for 3D max 2010 + Vray RT + Animation  Empty Please advise: i7 Setup for 3D max 2010 + Vray RT + Animation

Post by rendernewbie Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi to all masters and the best players of 3D max out there.

I'm buying a computer very soon and I need your advice on the specs.

To be honest, I'm not really a techie and I'm not a gamer. So please indicate the Benefit/s of each Feature.

Here's what I know (lol):

i7 = 8 cores (super fast like it's gonna fly)
8gb ram = ability to multitask and higher load capacity (well... I don't know if there are other benefits aside from these or if I'm correct.. haha)
Good Video Card = Can handle big amount of polygons in the scene.

*There's this word "OVERCLOCK"? What does that mean? Haha.. I really want to learn fast Smile

The purpose of this computer will be for Rendering furniture and Interior scenes. I want to use Vray RT also.
I would like to produce a lot of rendered designs in a short period of time. Very fast.
I would also want to try some animation later on and some pro activities.

My budget is P35,000 maximum (complete desktop package). I know it's a bit tight but still I want to maximize the benefits.
I could hold on some parts that are not that important and buy them when I already have the money but right now, I'm only concern about 'Speed and Quality Output'.

Please advise specifically on the specs (Name and brand, How much is it presently, What are the benefits, Specific rendering time, Speed comparison to other specs).

I don't want to take advices from sales agents of computer stores because I know they would tell me half lie and half truth since they only want to make the sale. Some are exaggerating the difference between earlier and latest specs. I want the whole truth and I know you folks are the best, so please.. I really need your help very badly.

I don't believe in a "Self-made success". I promise to give you credits when I become successful on this thing. I would even put a name sticker tag on each part of the computer - this part was suggested as the best by "Mr. Blue" and this part was suggested as the best by "Mr. Green". You'll be part of this history! First come first serve! So hurry up and advise now!

Thanks & Regards,

rendernewbie (hanggang ngayon...)

rendernewbie
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 08/05/2010

Back to top Go down

Please advise: i7 Setup for 3D max 2010 + Vray RT + Animation  Empty Re: Please advise: i7 Setup for 3D max 2010 + Vray RT + Animation

Post by darkirender Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:20 am

hehehe nakakatuwa ka naman.... ito lang masasabi ko bitin ang 35k sa i7 desktop.
darkirender
darkirender
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 23/12/2009

Back to top Go down

Please advise: i7 Setup for 3D max 2010 + Vray RT + Animation  Empty Re: Please advise: i7 Setup for 3D max 2010 + Vray RT + Animation

Post by kieko Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:21 am

if budget is 35k max..go for i5.. thumbsup
kieko
kieko
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 08/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by henryM Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:29 am

yung amd six core 1055t procie, saka yung mboard around 4k + na ddr3 with 4 slots mem up to 16gig. medyo makakatipid ka konti. mga 32k without monitor. gamitin na lang yung old mo.
henryM
henryM
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 19/03/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrod Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:28 pm

My best advice is get at least

processor i920
6gb ram,
basic motherboard that supports icore P4-5k budget
basic vcard P2k budget
150gb hd
simple case with stock power supply
second hand monitor
free mouse/keyboard Very Happy

you do not need vray rt. It's not a good workflow for now.

a good renderer is not just about using the fastest cpu, no matter how fast cpu/vcard you have, if you do not know how to optimize your scene and settings, your render will be slow.

Learn from using a basic cpu setup, earn money and upgrade to faster once when you get better and more productive, you will have faster ROI on your new units Please advise: i7 Setup for 3D max 2010 + Vray RT + Animation  290602
hotrod
hotrod
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 24/11/2008

http://www.3dstormstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norman Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:44 pm

hotrod wrote:
a good renderer is not just about using the fastest cpu, no matter how fast cpu/vcard you have, if you do not know how to optimize your scene and settings, your render will be slow.

This is so true dude. if you cant afford the fastest CPU better go with their suggestion since nagaaral ka palang naman. A lot of people have great stuff but failed to use their resources.
Norman
Norman
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3228
Registration date : 21/06/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down