Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little help needed...

+12
v_wrangler
edwardbctech
eyecon01
viTAMINs
barorot
celes
WURPWURPS
selV
torvicz
bokkins
Akira
stg1
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A little help needed... - Page 2 Empty A little help needed...

Post by stg1 Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

I hope you could help me out in answering these questions:

1. What factors would make you stay long in an animation company?

2. What kind of workstation (size of work area, kind of table, kind of chair, equipment, amenities, & other details) would encourage you to work at your best and be creative?

Many thanks!

stg1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 09/12/2008

Back to top Go down

A little help needed... - Page 2 Empty Re: A little help needed...

Post by v_wrangler Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Sorry to butt in - and I mean this no offense to anyone in particular.

Compensation comes AFTER the skills. I'm sure if you have the most impressive blend of cappucino up your sleeves - people will find no problems paying you for what you're worth. If your work is cheap - don't blatantly ask for billions because I'm sure employers will show you the door.

If your work is not so impressive yet you have obvious potentials, - then tell your employers you'd expect a good compensation once you are able to show your new wares (not before!)

As an employer myself - I do not look at certifications - we only give weight to three things:

1. The renders will speak for itself
2. Potential
3 .Team player

Last edited by v_wrangler on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reygerali Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:08 pm

stg1 wrote:Hi,

I hope you could help me out in answering these questions:

1. What factors would make you stay long in an animation company? GOOD PAY, GOOD BOSS, SYSTEMATIC, NO POLITICS, STABLE COMPANY
2. What kind of workstation (size of work area, kind of table, kind of chair, equipment, amenities, & other details) would encourage you to work at your best and be creative? DOEST MATTER WHAT WORKSTATIONS AT LEAST YOU HAVE RENDER FARM SINCE YOUR IN THE ANIMATION, FREE MEALS, OVERTIME ALLOWANCE, BONUS.

if you have this im sure a lot would like the company 'til retirement like me.

PS: i dont understand if you want to setup a company?

Many thanks!

Last edited by reygerali on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
reygerali
reygerali
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 368

http://reygerali.blog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:19 pm

for me your 1st question will easily be answered if you have established your career and personal goals right from the start. has your present job serving your goals well? if yes, then it's fair enough to stay on. likewise on a company's point of view, if you are not serving their goals then there you'll go.
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Number of posts : 1715
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by edwardbctech Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:25 pm

i agree v_wrangler sa gera walang pinipili kung graduate ka sa westpoint or PMA or marami kang medal etc. importante madiskarte ka and may bala yung baril mo
edwardbctech
edwardbctech
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 02/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:29 pm

edwardbctech wrote:i agree v_wrangler sa gera walang pinipili kung graduate ka sa westpoint or PMA or marami kang medal etc. importante madiskarte ka and may bala yung baril mo

Hahaha! I like this analogy - so simple yet so true.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by reygerali Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:33 pm

v_wrangler wrote:
edwardbctech wrote:i agree v_wrangler sa gera walang pinipili kung graduate ka sa westpoint or PMA or marami kang medal etc. importante madiskarte ka and may bala yung baril mo

Hahaha! I like this analogy - so simple yet so true.

Correct! I want more bullets than a piece of papers.
reygerali
reygerali
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 368

http://reygerali.blog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ryancoy Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:06 am

viTAMINs wrote:Question 1:
You can be the lead artist or the best artist out there, but its not all the time you work alone, especially if you are in an office where there are other artist working with you. Or its not all the time that you are always correct or even perfect in your works. Even a noob in the field can spot a mistake that you could easily overlook. I have officemates before that are such airheads...they think they know everything there is to know about the job and how to approach the problem. They were to confident that they don't even care to listen to suggestions.... but sadly, they were wrong about everything they said....me and a few good colleagues ended up patching up and working overtime to fix their costly mistakes. Mistakes that could have easily been avoided if they just simply know how to coordinate and work as a team.

As what Mushroom mentioned, and i completely agree with him, it does save a lot of unnecessary overtime hours.

hmmm..i wonder who is this artist tam??? how come you never mentioned them to me ha.heheheheh...

*For me monster rig is an advantage but nothing beats teamwork even with a monster rig. But Having a good and faster Pc means as an individual you can explore more, render faster (tests perhaps) and even multi task much better.
*and i agree with sir vertex, about the 3 things to consider as an employer. But i give a lot more weight on team player.
ryancoy
ryancoy
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://fotologue.jp/ryancoy

Back to top Go down

Post by viTAMINs Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:25 am

hoy ryan! hehehe...past tense lng yung description ko para hindi masyadong obvious...you do know who im referring to...hehehe...im sure you know them pretty well coz u worked with them also...

ps. naa pa cla diri...can you name all 3? heheheh...
viTAMINs
viTAMINs
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 12/10/2008

http://www.ptamin44.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:36 am

v_wrangler wrote:Sorry to butt in - and I mean this no offense to anyone in particular.

Compensation comes AFTER the skills. I'm sure if you have the most impressive blend of cappucino up your sleeves - people will find no problems paying you for what you're worth. If your work is cheap - don't blatantly ask for billions because I'm sure employers will show you the door.

If your work is not so impressive yet you have obvious potentials, - then tell your employers you'd expect a good compensation once you are able to show your new wares (not before!)

As an employer myself - I do not look at certifications - we only give weight to three things:

2. Potential
3 .Team player

2thumbsup
for people with experience the problem ata minsan is hinahanap nila ung sahod nila sa dati nilang work..
okay lang naman ito pero sometimes the way they talk about money ang nakakaturn-off sa employers..
even newly grads, sometimes di sila realistic when it comes to salary..

afro
Akira
Akira
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 15/10/2008

http://iloveshobe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:55 am

Akira wrote:
v_wrangler wrote:Sorry to butt in - and I mean this no offense to anyone in particular.

2. Potential
3 .Team player

2thumbsup
for people with experience the problem ata minsan is hinahanap nila ung sahod nila sa dati nilang work..
okay lang naman ito pero sometimes the way they talk about money ang nakakaturn-off sa employers..

afro

Hahahaha..Yeah this is so true!Ive encounter a lot of applicants na ganito.One time theres one applicant she asked more than my salary as in double what my boss is giving me so my boss quite curios what she can do.We asked her portfolio and OMG! scratch
tsk tsk tsk.. Sad
Napahiya ako in a way but still gave her a chance for interview but mas lalo ako na turn off nung ininterview nmin. Parang bumagyo sa middle east! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Akira wrote:

afro

So what is realistic? (again your mileage may vary!)

Make sure that the salaries you are asking for is more or less two or three times the amount of projects that you'll be working on or bring to the company. Remember that it is the business that you bring that pays for the salaries, your workstation, software etc. This is the same reason why team players are a must - if you have members in the team that works like a turtle or makes careless mistakes - then you the good guy with all your kindness covering up for them makes the project cost go high and the profits go down. The money that should go to those who do good now gets spent to cover up to somebody else's incapacities.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:37 am

for me kasi realistic is ung atleat average salary ng artist d2 sa pinas na nagstart pa lang sa industry, sometimes kasi nanghihingi sila ng 50% more ng sweldo ng mga matagal ng employee.. and i always believe kapag money talks na dito mo na talaga makikilala ang applicant.. dami bumabagsak dito e.. Sad
Akira
Akira
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 15/10/2008

http://iloveshobe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:53 am

v_wrangler wrote:Make sure that the salaries you are asking for is more or less two or three times the amount of projects that you'll be working on or bring to the company. Remember that it is the business that you bring that pays for the salaries, your workstation, software etc. This is the same reason why team players are a must - if you have members in the team that works like a turtle or makes careless mistakes - then you the good guy with all your kindness covering up for them makes the project cost go high and the profits go down. The money that should go to those who do good now gets spent to cover up to somebody else's incapacities.

one great amen to that
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by vamp_lestat Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:19 am

this is a good discussion... im learning from you guys.. thanks for sharing all this wisdom....

OT....

viTAMINs wrote:

ps. naa pa cla diri...can you name all 3? heheheh...

sir tams.. bisaya diay ka... dint expect that... Very Happy woooohhhh.... cebu ka po or davao?
vamp_lestat
vamp_lestat
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1930
Registration date : 27/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2