Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to optimize 2Million poly interior scene?

+3
Norman
egypt
marcelinoiii
7 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How to optimize 2Million poly interior scene? - Page 2 Empty How to optimize 2Million poly interior scene?

Post by marcelinoiii Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Masters,

I'm trying to render an interior scene in about 2million poly count in MR and it's crashing really bad. Is 2M poly reasonable for a quite big interior scene?

I tried to bring down the poly and erased unnecessary objects and even reached 590,000 poly only and it's still crashing, some suspected custom objects were deleted as well, I couldn't rendered still, any tips on how to optimize poly in a scene.

I tried to xref all fixtures and furnitures already, should this help? di pa rin kasi pwede...

My last option will be MR proxy, but I'm trying to avoid it since I am hoping I can still make the scene work. My PC in the office is at reasonable specs, even at home, and I can usually render ok with them... itong scene lang po na ito ang nagkaproblem ako.

Last edited by marcelinoiii on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 29/07/2009

Back to top Go down

How to optimize 2Million poly interior scene? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to optimize 2Million poly interior scene?

Post by marcelinoiii Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:14 am

markuz23 wrote:got it sir logik!salamat!

@sir marcelinoiii, sensya na na-evade ata thread niyo, How to optimize 2Million poly interior scene? - Page 2 290323

more power CGP!

ok lang bro, we are all here to learn... no harm done Smile always keep in mind, nandito lahat para matuto at tumulong, lalo ang mga masters and teachers natin... they are always happy hearing our queries 2thumbsup

marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

How to optimize 2Million poly interior scene? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to optimize 2Million poly interior scene?

Post by logikpixel Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:27 am

@marcelino: I rarely use multi-sub's. It could be the culprit. But whatever reasons may be for your crashes, we hope to learn from it altogether. Give us an update if found a way around your problem.

And if any mods are reading/following any of this I vote to move this in the Mental Ray forum of the site. Para sa mga ibang magtatanong in the future, because the discussion is purely mental ray anyway. Thanks! Smile
logikpixel
logikpixel
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 09/03/2009

http://selectiveblur.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:37 am

ok sir logik, I think we are ready to move this thread sa tuts section... the title is quite ok anyway, unless you masters have suggestions...

calling mod sirs, please allow request to move this thread in the appropriate one. thanks po!!!

as for the update, I tried rendering again the old model with 2.5million poly and old materials with multi-sub material with BSP2, but it crashes somehow.

I think I'm gonna hove to give up with multi-sub mats for now and just edit furniture models in a separate file and merge them back, quite hectic though..
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:53 am

sir logik, I totally remove multi-sub material from the scene and the objects and still 2.5 million poly, still couldn't render with BSP2 method, it says "render was cancelled due to insufficient memory". But when I went back to BSP method, it rendered ok... kailangan po ba talaga ng mataas na gigabites of memory for BSP2?? anyway try ko na din po research about this...
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by akoy Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:48 am

hehehe experimento! basa lang ako Shocked
akoy
akoy
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 01/09/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by marcelinoiii Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:23 am

hehe oo pre medyo trial and error pa ko sa big scene e... baka nga issue na ng system and specs ng pc.
marcelinoiii
marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2