Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilipino CG Artist, are we behind in this industries?

+10
kat palmares
eyecon01
Canadium
virus
v_wrangler
jenaro
imanskoi
moothe
bokkins
hernandoloto
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pilipino CG Artist, are we behind in this industries? Empty Pilipino CG Artist, are we behind in this industries?

Post by hernandoloto Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:32 am

Indian artist-they work with walt disney (thinkerbell and more)
Korean artist-disney channel (Dibo the gift dragon)
Malaysian artist-disney channel (upin and ipin, also have their own full length 3d movies where "upin and ipin" got thier debut)

I also read an old blog: http://rmsgentlewind.multiply.com/journal/item/19

I know that there are many talented cg pilipino, but where are they? they work in architectural firm here and abroad as ofw, work as a layout artist in advertising firm or web design company and so on.....why don't we consider that cg is serous job.

opinion lang po....
hernandoloto
hernandoloto
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 24/11/2008

http://hernandoloto.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Pilipino CG Artist, are we behind in this industries? Empty Re: Pilipino CG Artist, are we behind in this industries?

Post by bokkins Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:19 am

cguro ang nakikita lang natin bro are those posting here. pro medyo madami dami na din akong nakikita Filipino artist working on some big time movies like ironman 2, finding nemo at madaming pang upcoming movies.

cguro ang kulang sa atin are those in the media seeking for these artist and promoting them para magkaron ng awareness.

nandyan din ang studios sa makati at ortigas, and dami dyan.

and studio nila sir vertex

and studio nila mushroom.

and there's nothing wrong being with an architectural firm and working abroad.

In totality, ito ang mga cgartist na hinahanap mo, no we are not behind in the industry, we are competing.

naoutnumber lang cguro tayo ng india kasi sangkatutak sila eh, lalo na ng china. pro in proportion, pasok pa din tayo sa race.

wait and see. Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Pilipino CG Artist, are we behind in this industries? Empty Re: Pilipino CG Artist, are we behind in this industries?

Post by hernandoloto Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:42 am

yap, I agree with you, a lot of cg artist i saw here in cgpinoy are actually greate and excelent in thier work and keep on improving, hoping sana mag continue so that we can be regonize.

I also have a who in animation company( matahari), the problem i think is the price, aside from maraming available sa india is mura pa ang lobor cost nila but i nterms of skills and qulity of work we can still compete with them.

and of course we need a big break and the company that will give a break for the pilipino artist.
hernandoloto
hernandoloto
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by moothe Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:10 am

hernandoloto wrote:yap, I agree with you, a lot of cg artist i saw here in cgpinoy are actually greate and excelent in thier work and keep on improving, hoping sana mag continue so that we can be regonize.

I also have a who in animation company( matahari), the problem i think is the price, aside from maraming available sa india is mura pa ang lobor cost nila but i nterms of skills and qulity of work we can still compete with them.

and of course we need a big break and the company that will give a break for the pilipino artist.

yup, mura pa nga ang labor cost dito sa india sir...pero yung mga malalaking company dito like sa feild ng CG mga artist nila are filipinos,thats what i heard sa yahoo group ng mga filipino dito...mostly located in mumbai and bangalore... 2thumbsup 2thumbsup...
moothe
moothe
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 21/06/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by imanskoi Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:51 am

i think hindi tayo nahuhuli boss. tama c boss bokkins, kulang lng talaga tayo sa awareness.marami jan nagkalat na mga pinoy cg artist kung saan-saan na magagaling.kaya lng mostly outsourcing lng talaga. One animation studio dito na alam kong my mga big clients ay ang Toon City with clients like Walt Disney Television Animation, Universal Animation, Warner Bros. Animation, MoonScoop Productions, etc.

2thumbsup
imanskoi
imanskoi
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 20/04/2009

http://vimeo.com/imanskoi

Back to top Go down

Post by jenaro Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:14 am

http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/english/

Phils is the production hub of TOEI...one of my friend work here, kaya i dont think na Pilipino CG artist are behind.
jenaro
jenaro
Peter Pran
Peter Pran

Number of posts : 3132
Registration date : 22/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:21 am

depends on what you mean by behind - I believe that for the industry to move up we must put our foot forward from being the executioner to initiator.

The lack of hard hitting, business sustaninable original pinoy content is what making us all second to all of them.

Unfortunately for some, the issue is so miniscule to call attention. But the thought is - if we're doing cg for somebody else's projects, we're in their behinds arent we?

I'm sure these has been discussed here a million times and I have probably said the same stuff. I already forgot the keywords, maybe somebody else can point you to it.

PS> Thanks Boks for the special mention. While we may be able to work on projects that may stand value abroad - I'd be happy when the time comes when we are able to work on our own projects. Like other business would say, "We're working on it!" Smile
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by virus Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:31 am

hmmm... I really like when the vertex wrangler give some comments and criticism sa kahit anu mang thread.. Sossy nga according to sir Onel.. Very Happy But i like it..

Sa Wall-E, filipino din naman ang isang CG artist duon.. And he is an Architect.. Napanoud ko lang sa news dati kaya ko alam.. Very Happy
virus
virus
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 04/03/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:52 am

also, check mo din yung mga kasali sa 2d competition natin. sila ang masasabi kong representative ng Pilipinas sa larangan ng CG.

Madami pa yan silang malulupit. Nagtatago lang yung iba kasi busy. Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hernandoloto Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:20 pm

v_wrangler wrote:depends on what you mean by behind - I believe that for the industry to move up we must put our foot forward from being the executioner to initiator.

The lack of hard hitting, business sustaninable original pinoy content is what making us all second to all of them.

Unfortunately for some, the issue is so miniscule to call attention. But the thought is - if we're doing cg for somebody else's projects, we're in their behinds arent we?

I'm sure these has been discussed here a million times and I have probably said the same stuff. I already forgot the keywords, maybe somebody else can point you to it.

PS> Thanks Boks for the special mention. While we may be able to work on projects that may stand value abroad - I'd be happy when the time comes when we are able to work on our own projects. Like other business would say, "We're working on it!" Smile

yap, i agree with you sir, in terms of others fields in cg like architectural visualization and 2d cg artist, we are still in level with them.

What we need is big break for the pinoy cg artist who work in aniamtion/movies, that can we called "our own" and that will be the turning point of cg pinoy artist and animators.
hernandoloto
hernandoloto
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:27 pm

DI ako sossy virus, i can be as kowboy as can be.

The problem with the industry is our culture. We aren't trained to be business-oriented starters. Rather than become entrepreneurs , we were trained by the society to be employees or followers. Not that there aren't good leaders in the industries - but most of them have either left for abroad or have been working on projects that were either conceptualized by another foreign mind or simply farmed out locally.

If we will gauge the individual designer abilities - of course there is no reason to say that we are inferior. We can work alongside with our foreign counterparts and our skills are second to none. Don't take this as a general assessment though. Of course Mabuhay ang Pinoy! Pero hindi lahat.

The industry would probably take a good turning point when all of us are able to create concepts that will instill original filipino values and express our unique culture. Enough of the bahags, and the lapu-lapus and our imitations of disney and pixar. Our culture is so rich with concepts that have business potentials. We just have to dig deeper and learn to nurture and develop the ideas we can pick up from our culture. There is only one important ingredient that must be present at all times - our projects along this line should have a global appeal - without it, we will not have the audience we so desire, and without audiences to provide patronage - the industry will not be able to sustain it's business vialbility and we will find ourselves, simply the manpower export capital...

Not that it's bad though, maybe not now but sooner, imagine a philippine drained with its brains...
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadium Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:54 pm

@ v_wrangler - I agree with you. Hindi masyadong business minded ang pinoy. Sa culture natin kasi kapag ambitious parang masama like ambisyoso / ambisyosa. Tapos ang pagiging self employed or may sariling negosyo is associated with nagtitinda sa banketa / palenke. So it's no surprise that most of the large businesses in our country are controlled by Filipino Chinese. I have been living for almost a decade in north america and had observed na kakaunti lang ang percentage ng pinoy na may business when compared to other ethnic groups like Chinese & Indians. Tapos kung may business sila, usually Filipino store or balikbayan box. This pinoy characteristic is so embedded on our genes that it gets exported too. Parang doon sa kantang New York, 'If I can make it here, I can make it everywhere.
Canadium
Canadium
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 13/10/2009

http://mycomputergeneratedworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eyecon01 Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Hello guys... Agree ako ke sir vertex.

Hindi naman sa pag mamayabang but with enough time, money and talented (and dedicated) people we can come up with a very nice project. Here is one classic example done a few years ago: