Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3ds MAX Crashing, Need Help!!!

+11
ericson_ya
pedio84
setheichel
barorot
SoulpoweR
jomzkie23
dickie_ilagan
nyop
Butz_Arki
oRangE.n.GreeN
ytsejeffx
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3ds MAX Crashing, Need Help!!! - Page 2 Empty 3ds MAX Crashing, Need Help!!!

Post by ytsejeffx Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello mga cgpips, masters and techies......I really have a serious problem regarding my 3ds max 2009 with vray 1.5 sp2....it always crushing!!!!. not in rendering, it happens when im just modeling, editing and moving around inside the scene.....and I dont know why!....hindi naman heavy un scene ko and naka vray proxies na un ibang models inside the scene.

Here's my system config:

Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.83 GHz
8 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD4870 x2 (2 GB)

Here's the screen shot:
3ds MAX Crashing, Need Help!!! - Page 2 Screenprev

Is it max 2009 or vista the problem?
ytsejeffx
ytsejeffx
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1226
Location : Bocaue, Bulacan - Sta. Barbara, Pangasinan, PINAS - Sharjah, U.A.E.
Registration date : 24/10/2008

http://ytsejeffx.carbonmade.com

Back to top Go down

3ds MAX Crashing, Need Help!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: 3ds MAX Crashing, Need Help!!!

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:53 am

command -h is the same shortcut for the display driver selection. You can do that as well via preferences. Z-buffer is the fool-proof defacto display mode of MAX. Sometimes most error issues concerning max are display driver related - if you are having display errors and shifting to software z-buffer solved your problems, then there was a problem with your graphic board, drivers (open Gl or Direct 3d) .

Last edited by v_wrangler on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

3ds MAX Crashing, Need Help!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: 3ds MAX Crashing, Need Help!!!

Post by ytsejeffx Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:41 pm

v_wrangler wrote:command -h is the same shortcut for the display driver selection. You can do that as well via preferences. Z-buffer is the fool-proof defacto display mode of MAX. Sometimes most error issues concerning max are display driver related - if you are having display errors and shifting to software z-buffer solved your problems, then it there was a problem with your graphic board, drivers (open Gl or Direct 3d) .

thanks sensei..........now its clear to me.
ytsejeffx
ytsejeffx
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1226
Location : Bocaue, Bulacan - Sta. Barbara, Pangasinan, PINAS - Sharjah, U.A.E.
Registration date : 24/10/2008

http://ytsejeffx.carbonmade.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:58 pm

dou itashimashite.
you are welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by ericson_ya Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:16 am

bro change mo ung direct 3d mo to open gl.nasolve ung problem ko jan.try mo.
ericson_ya
ericson_ya
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 23/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by korngrain69 Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:09 pm

3ds max 2009 keeps crashing?

Here is the solution:
For some time I’ve been experiencing a lot of problems with 3ds max design 2009; 8 out of 10 times when I was panning or zooming, max was crashing and I was losing more time waiting for it to restart than I was spending on the actual work.

The first thing that crossed my mind was that it might have been a hardware problem; either the ram memory or the video card. However, it couldn’t have been a hardware malfunction since I had the same problem with all the 5 workstations (identical configurations) in our office. I have updated the drivers with the latest versions, but nothing seemed to solve the problem.

Today when I was talking to a friend of mine this subject came up and he told me that he had been having the same problem, but unlike me he managed to solve it. Apparently it all had to do with the “view cube” and after disabling it, max doesn’t crash every 15 seconds.
I checked this out first thing when I got back to the office, and to my surprise, it did the trick.

Therefore if you are using 3ds max 2009 and the software crashes when zooming or panning in the viewports, than the solution to your problem is to disable the viewcube.
You can do this by renaming the file called “AutoCamMax.gup” located in “program files, autodesk, 3ds max 2009, stdplugs”. (You can delete it as well, but just in case for some reason you decide you want this back, renaming it is the way to go). HERE IS THE LINK OF THAT.......

http://www.cgdigest.com/3dsmax2009-crash/
korngrain69
korngrain69
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 18/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar_Can_EVSU Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:58 am

weewww... got same problem too.. thanx for the tips...
Ar_Can_EVSU
Ar_Can_EVSU
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1291
Registration date : 17/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by ME_nesperos_27 Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:26 am

install 3dsmax2009 service pack 1(sp1) pwde to download for free pero diko cgurado kung anung site.. it will eliminate all the bugs and solve the problem..naexperience ku na po prblema nu sir thumbsup
ME_nesperos_27
ME_nesperos_27
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 19/02/2009

http://mesnesperos.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kawpaitek Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:11 am

korngrain69 wrote:3ds max 2009 keeps crashing?

Here is the solution:
For some time I’ve been experiencing a lot of problems with 3ds max design 2009; 8 out of 10 times when I was panning or zooming, max was crashing and I was losing more time waiting for it to restart than I was spending on the actual work.

The first thing that crossed my mind was that it might have been a hardware problem; either the ram memory or the video card. However, it couldn’t have been a hardware malfunction since I had the same problem with all the 5 workstations (identical configurations) in our office. I have updated the drivers with the latest versions, but nothing seemed to solve the problem.

Today when I was talking to a friend of mine this subject came up and he told me that he had been having the same problem, but unlike me he managed to solve it. Apparently it all had to do with the “view cube” and after disabling it, max doesn’t crash every 15 seconds.
I checked this out first thing when I got back to the office, and to my surprise, it did the trick.

Therefore if you are using 3ds max 2009 and the software crashes when zooming or panning in the viewports, than the solution to your problem is to disable the viewcube.
You can do this by renaming the file called “AutoCamMax.gup” located in “program files, autodesk, 3ds max 2009, stdplugs”. (You can delete it as well, but just in case for some reason you decide you want this back, renaming it is the way to go). HERE IS THE LINK OF THAT.......

http://www.cgdigest.com/3dsmax2009-crash/

Boss chief, had the same problem with max 2009 din before. And same with korngrain69 tinangal ko lang din yung view cube na solve na yung crashing problem ko.

kawpaitek
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2