Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realistic looking grass

2 posters

Go down

Realistic looking grass Empty Realistic looking grass

Post by Nick1 Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi Canadium,
I also have been using Sketchup for a long time. Recently I downloaded Indigo renderer and assigned the indigo grass material( couple of different ones, one had a displacement of 25 and it was rendering crazy stuff and the other which was summer grass didn't do anything) to the grass area in my model and then tried to render it in Indig. It was a nightmare. Tried it 20 different times and no go.
Can you please write a step by step tutorial on how you apply the indigo grass material to sketchup grass area and what setting you use as far as bump, displacement or any other setting that you think is important to make the grass look real so an old timer like me can understand it.
Thank you so much sir,

Nick H. Noakhtar, Architect

Nick1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 21/07/2012

Back to top Go down

Realistic looking grass Empty Re: Realistic looking grass

Post by ninopiamonte Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi Nick1,

I just want to help you. So, go here and download Kwistenbiebel's grass component (either the both of them) and for my test example awhile ago,
Realistic looking grass AlwYW
ninopiamonte
ninopiamonte
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 23/05/2012

http://3dart.foliohd.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick1 Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:49 am

Thanks Ninopiamonte,
I have downloaded several of these components and then I had to use the Fur plugin which made the SU file too big that it wouldn't work anymore let alone exporting it to Indigo Renderer. I actually need someone who has tried it successfully from Sketchup to Indigo Renderer to be kind enough to write a step by step of the process with all the settings. I really don't understand it since I am not a programmer, but is it too difficult to come up with a grass displacement map that you just apply that to a face and it will render a realistic looking grass without having to do workarounds and components or mess around with parameters. I downloaded the components and thank you again.

Nick1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 21/07/2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down