Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Japan faired in six months, a photoblog

+4
cloud20
jade516
celes
v_wrangler
8 posters

:: General :: Tambayan

Go down

How Japan faired in six months, a photoblog Empty How Japan faired in six months, a photoblog

Post by v_wrangler Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:51 am

http://blogs.sacbee.com/photos/2011/09/japan-marks-6-months-since-ear.html
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

How Japan faired in six months, a photoblog Empty Re: How Japan faired in six months, a photoblog

Post by celes Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:10 am

only in japan. only by the japanese. \m/
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

How Japan faired in six months, a photoblog Empty Re: How Japan faired in six months, a photoblog

Post by jade516 Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:16 am

wow incredible ang solidarity and cooperation ng japanese people, within those few months after the catastrophe happened ibang iba na ang itsura ng lugar nila sa dating anyo, they easily recovered. the clean up progress is amazing and very fast! thanks for sharing sir v!
jade516
jade516
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 17/07/2011

http://www.coroflot.com/516jadeskie2013

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:47 am

i was just trying to point out that while Japan may have it's own share of baho, one thing worth emulating is the value of cooperation and their sense of perseverance towards a common goal.

It is not really too difficult to accomplish only of course if each one of us pinoy will try to look at our work and passion as the door to somebody else's happiness.

When one works for somebody else's happiness and it becomes a collective goal, you will be surprised at how this translate to the communities' betterment.

That is because you no longer need to mind your happiness for somebody else is so busy moving his ass for yours.

So how does it translate to your life as an employee? If each one of your co-workers work his ass off so that his boss or his employ or his next co-worker need not rework on what you did, and he is able to go home spend time with his family and beat his own schedule because you diligently worked on yours - then you create a chain of goodwill or utang na loob in your own little workplace or community.

It is simple as that. If the Japanese are able to do it for centuries - it can be done and you do not need to be a rocket scientist to emulate the same thing in your daily pinoy life, as an individual or as an artist employee/employer.

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:28 am

some cultures are just too damn selfish that's why it is not the case for everyone.
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:03 am

Not to mention the 300 plus years of ingrained laziness & encouraged moronity by Spain & her church..
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Number of posts : 3372
Registration date : 21/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Thanks V for sharing this! It's really different in there. 2thumbsup

But I say kaya din ng Pinoy yan. With the looks of it, daming opportunities. New road constructions at light posts palang, laki na ng kikitain ng mga politiko nyan, sino ba naman hindi bibilis. Baka mag-agawan pa. Wala ng bidding. Haha!
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by yaug_03 Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Inspiring photos.Kaya din dito satin yan, photoshop nga lang tongue
yaug_03
yaug_03
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 05/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:06 pm

bokkins wrote:Thanks V for sharing this! It's really different in there. 2thumbsup

But I say kaya din ng Pinoy yan. With the looks of it, daming opportunities. New road constructions at light posts palang, laki na ng kikitain ng mga politiko nyan, sino ba naman hindi bibilis. Baka mag-agawan pa. Wala ng bidding. Haha!

I wouldn't liek to talk about public works and constructions in Japan. I call it the Construction Disease! But if you've been reading news lately, you'll know that Japan has the most number of Dams in the world and still building more. It's not that we need it - Japan needs to sustain and use it's budget allotments otherwise they won't be in the overall budget for the next year. It's crazy tryign to build roads and dams when the population doesn't need it anynmore and we taxpayers pay for it (including the ODAs sent to the Philippines!)

You wouldn't want to know how much I pay for city tax (city pa lang yun!) every year! Damn constructions Sad

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:04 am

oh well!
hinding hindi yan mangyayari sa pilipinas! lahat ng tao sa gobyerno dun kurakot..
mamamatay na lang tayo lahat sa inggit.

Back to top Go down

Post by pipicosis Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:26 am

really inspiring... lalo na iyong sinabi ni Sir V_wrangler about colective behavior. it reminds me of the quotation I heard from the movie "the last samurai"

"From the moment they wake, they devote themselves to the perfection of whatever they pursue. I have never seen such discipline."

is it ok if I share this link to others?
pipicosis
pipicosis
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 30/03/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:39 am

pipicosis wrote:really inspiring... lalo na iyong sinabi ni Sir V_wrangler about colective behavior. it reminds me of the quotation I heard from the movie "the last samurai"

"From the moment they wake, they devote themselves to the perfection of whatever they pursue. I have never seen such discipline."

is it ok if I share this link to others?

sure why not?

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:09 am

very inspiring. thanks for sharing V.
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Registration date : 22/09/2008

https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:46 am

I do not know if its in the DNA but just to tell you a little story about real life perseverance.

six months ago, I gambled on a young man of 26 who just got out of the Self-Defence Force (the military in Japan). He got no CG background, all he got was the persisitence to become a CG artist and the talent to draw and when I say draw - he can REALLY draw.

We've subjected him to real production work, taught him to learn the trade by himself. To watch - to absorb using his mind and body.

Now, he is a regular - and a very good one. He can model, texture, animate and even composite. Talk about perseverance. While it is true that luck may not be for everyone. Perseverance, humility and the will to excel - certainly will not fail you.

For months now, I've been training a Taiwanese and a guy from Hongkong. I haven't had the slightest worry that they will even fail.

So what's up with them? Whats up with us? Is it the Confucian background, or are we just plain procrastinating dependents?

Last edited by v_wrangler on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:55 am

I am trying my best to find ways to explain "Karada de oboeru" or roughly translated "to remember with your body"

In my experience as a trainee and as a mentor, I have learned all the things I know - not just by listening or taking notes. All these years I have learned the value of Observation. I observe how people better than me proceed with the task at hand. Be it a simple stroke of the hand (when using a digital pen) or positioning of the physique when working. Silly as it may seem - one must try to become a child again. Once you feed the body and mind with all the knowledge you see and hear, you will notice that your body adapts to it and later on exerts no special effort yet gets to accomplish the tasks. Work becomes as simple as a breathing exercise.

In the absence of reasoning similar to humans, Ang aso, kapag nagkamali pinapalo or pinapagalitan, Kapag tama ang ginawa - get's rewarded with a simple pat or his favorite chichirya. The aso get's to remember and associate GOOD and BAD with an experience. Siguro nga kailangan maging aso sometimes ang tao! tongue

Learn with your body and mind, train with your body.

Saka ko na lang iexplain ulit pag may naisip na ako na magandang paraan.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down