Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need help with ambient occlusion on plants

3 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Go down

need help with ambient occlusion on plants Empty need help with ambient occlusion on plants

Post by reeze Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:12 am

pano po ba yun AO sa plants with opacity maps? i'm having a problem with this. and work with transparency dont seem to work.
reeze
reeze
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 13/04/2010

Back to top Go down

need help with ambient occlusion on plants Empty Re: need help with ambient occlusion on plants

Post by bokkins Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:21 am

Usually tinatanggal muna yan opacity maps. Below are the reasons why it's not working. And some solution you can use.

1. Pano nagwowork ang AO? Yung mga edges at corners nagiging dark to simulate depth through shades and shadow.
2. Opacity maps are applied to a rectangular plane. Meaning sa 4 sides and darker area nyan pag ginamitan ng AO.
3. Opacity maps like trees are flat geometries. Meaning walang kang AO nyan na matino.
4. Therefore, hindi ka talaga magkaka-AO nyan.

Options:
1. option is tanggalin mo muna bago ka mag-AO.
2. pwede ka mag-AO as your material. Lalo na pag color lang naman or white.
3. in photo shop, Kung gumawa ka ng separate AO. Use soft brush eraser para burahin mo by portions ang mga hindi kasali or ayaw mo magkaron ng AO. Lalo na dyan sa opacity maps.

bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

need help with ambient occlusion on plants Empty Re: need help with ambient occlusion on plants

Post by kieko Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:28 am

i hide my trees and vegetation during my AO pass..structure lang and some cars..
follow sir Boks reply..
kieko
kieko
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 08/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by reeze Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:43 pm

Thanks a lot sir Boks and Keiko.. More power.. thumbsup
reeze
reeze
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 13/04/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down