Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ten By Fifteen

+20
zdesign
bizkong
pakunat
kurdaps!
torvicz
corpsegrinder
arjun_samar
Norman
Stryker
zildian_nico
markitekdesign
bobpen
ERICK
akoy
deosrock
one9dew
ortzak
bartsimpson
exodus
arkiedmund
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ten By Fifteen - Page 2 Empty Ten By Fifteen

Post by arkiedmund Mon May 17, 2010 10:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Did the modeling and scene setup last night, after making a mock design, based on the lot of the last commissioned work that I did for somebody. It was a house to be built on a ten by fifteen lot. I was compelled to do my own take on the space planning, because the planning of that project was not efficient, so, it gave me the idea to make my own solution once i got a free time and make a render for portfolio purposes. And tried to practice how to finish modeling in less than 4hrs.

I started modeling at around 9:41 in the evening, and was luckily able to complete the model at around 11:58 pm, this included the design of the facade as i only did the rough plans on cad. I did not draw the elevations beforehand, hence modifications on the design was done on the fly.

An hour later, I was finally able to nail the lighting setup for my scene. This process is something that I probably need to work on, so as to cut down my working time in lighting setup, minus the utilization of a lighting rig.

I was able to finally finish adding the pre-modeled stuff at 2 in the morning, this included 3-6 mins of test renders on a 640x480 sized image, to see how the entourage matched up with the scene, and to set one of the more tricky parts of the process which is the setup of the glass reflections and tree shadows.

I was already too sleepy to commit a final render last night so i made the final setup earlier this evening. And this is the final output of my work. Comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Ten By Fifteen - Page 2 1015_1000PX

And here are the screen grabs of my work in progress...
Ten By Fifteen - Page 2 Themodelprocess
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Ten By Fifteen - Page 2 Empty Re: Ten By Fifteen

Post by corpsegrinder Mon May 17, 2010 8:21 pm

nice render sir, gusto ang pgkabluish ng lighting... para sakin, occlusion is too much and the additional lighting sa left side of the house looks unnatural..

corpsegrinder
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1423
Registration date : 12/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon May 17, 2010 8:24 pm

corpsegrinder wrote:nice render sir, gusto ang pgkabluish ng lighting... para sakin, occlusion is too much and the additional lighting sa left side of the house looks unnatural..

thanks sa comment, still tweaking the built-in occlusion option of the new sp4, as for the light on th left side, must have been on post editing. I only used one vray sun for this scene, located behind my camera. Thanks for dropping by.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by corpsegrinder Mon May 17, 2010 8:39 pm

i see sir sorry so wala pa lang additional light sa left, thanks for clarifying.. built-in occlusion, SP4? masubukan nga. Very Happy thanks again.
corpsegrinder
corpsegrinder
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1423
Registration date : 12/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon May 17, 2010 8:45 pm

corpsegrinder wrote:i see sir sorry so wala pa lang additional light sa left, thanks for clarifying.. built-in occlusion, SP4? masubukan nga. Very Happy thanks again.

Yes there is already one on sp4...still tweaking and studying the settings though. Yup, no additional light at the left side, could be the rotation of the HDR map. No worries sir...thanks again.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Tue May 18, 2010 12:01 am

Kung nakita ko to without your name on it, iisipin kong ke jarul to or ke dude erick....

Iba na talaga ung skills mo dude arkeid, mapa modeling at rendering.
I like the output, considering that this is just a practice that you wanna set for yourself. Hindi pa ito yung best mo, alam kong hindi magtatagal mapipino mo pa lalo ang skills mo.

try to improve your skills in UVW mapping, para yan sa problema mo sa road map. sa laki kase ng road kadalasan mag ta-tile talaga dahil sa limited resources natin sa mga maps. pero pag naka UVW map ka mas madaling ma-solve ung ganitong issue. Ung mirror option sa map maganda yan kung ayaw mo ng tiling pero pag marami rin ung nakamirror minsan nagkakaron ng di magandang resulta, minsan parang may "mata" ung mga output pag mirror ang map.

sa lighting wala nako masasabi, gamay mo na eh.

pero napapansin ko talagang pataas ng pataas ang level of skills mo dude.
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Tue May 18, 2010 12:13 am

Impressive works Ed...from a tight schedule in modeling to rendering. buttrock

I have a request, can you grab a screen shot of the Floor Plan(s) is possible. I am curious how you manage to fit all the areas. TIA.
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pakunat Tue May 18, 2010 12:14 am

sir astig
pakunat
pakunat
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3866
Registration date : 23/09/2008

http://www.3dppakunat.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bizkong Tue May 18, 2010 12:38 am

the best! level up na nga, iba ka na talaga kabayan sa noon , mapa sining at musika, di na kita maabot!!! baka di mo na kami makilala nyan ha!sabi na nila yung comments master manager!!!!wag mo lang kalimutan yung LIT:doublethu: peace man
bizkong
bizkong
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 15/10/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Tue May 18, 2010 12:53 am

torvicz wrote:Kung nakita ko to without your name on it, iisipin kong ke jarul to or ke dude erick....

Iba na talaga ung skills mo dude arkeid, mapa modeling at rendering.
I like the output, considering that this is just a practice that you wanna set for yourself. Hindi pa ito yung best mo, alam kong hindi magtatagal mapipino mo pa lalo ang skills mo.

try to improve your skills in UVW mapping, para yan sa problema mo sa road map. sa laki kase ng road kadalasan mag ta-tile talaga dahil sa limited resources natin sa mga maps. pero pag naka UVW map ka mas madaling ma-solve ung ganitong issue. Ung mirror option sa map maganda yan kung ayaw mo ng tiling pero pag marami rin ung nakamirror minsan nagkakaron ng di magandang resulta, minsan parang may "mata" ung mga output pag mirror ang map.

sa lighting wala nako masasabi, gamay mo na eh.

pero napapansin ko talagang pataas ng pataas ang level of skills mo dude.

Maraming salamat dude torvicz...regarding sa UVW mapping, medyo nangangapa ako ng konti dun, sinubukan ko din way way back yung uvw-unwrap, pero, nagkakaloko-loko pa maps at texturing ko, pero, try kong aralin ulit para magamit din sa future na mga scenes. Bale dito naka UVW map ako, box otion, tapos naka check yung mirror sun sa parameters. Dapat pala na PS ko nalang yung mga tilling na yan.

Since this was more of a test in speed modeling, so i did not bother to really focus on the rendering aspect. But next time i will try to incorporate that on a future exercise. Thanks a lot for the comment, rest assured I am taking note of those.

kurdaps! wrote:Impressive works Ed...from a tight schedule in modeling to rendering. buttrock

I have a request, can you grab a screen shot of the Floor Plan(s) is possible. I am curious how you manage to fit all the areas. TIA.

Ok sir...i'll try to post the draft layout tonight, minus the texts/labels, i just made a mock design and did the 3d after withouh doing any form of elevation drawings.

Thanks for droppin by.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Tue May 18, 2010 1:02 am

pakunat wrote:sir astig

ikaw mas astig, salamat...

bizkong wrote:the best! level up na nga, iba ka na talaga kabayan sa noon , mapa sining at musika, di na kita maabot!!! baka di mo na kami makilala nyan ha!sabi na nila yung comments master manager!!!!wag mo lang kalimutan yung LIT:doublethu: peace man

Always yan sa puso ang LIT!! di naman sir ako ganun pa rin kagaling, nag aaral pa rin. salamat sa pagpasyal.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by zdesign Tue May 18, 2010 1:28 am

napansin ko lang agad tiling mo sa road.sabi nila yon din.walang problema yong dark shadow mo e as long na napapakita mo na maganda at visible lahat ng gusto mo makita sa image.imho okey lang sakin ang set mo na to.
-na crop lang ng konte ang left roof mo if possible siguro masmaganda na nga naman ibaba mo lahat ng camera mo para macover up ang tiling ng road mo at maview lahat ang model mo para di naputol ang roof mo.sakin cool ang render mo.
zdesign
zdesign
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3768
Registration date : 09/12/2009

https://zdesigninfo.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crainelee Tue May 18, 2010 1:31 am

ang ganda ng pagkagawa mo dito sir.
i luv it....

good job.
Crainelee
Crainelee
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1029
Registration date : 24/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Tue May 18, 2010 2:19 am

zdesign wrote:napansin ko lang agad tiling mo sa road.sabi nila yon din.walang problema yong dark shadow mo e as long na napapakita mo na maganda at visible lahat ng gusto mo makita sa image.imho okey lang sakin ang set mo na to.
-na crop lang ng konte ang left roof mo if possible siguro masmaganda na nga naman ibaba mo lahat ng camera mo para macover up ang tiling ng road mo at maview lahat ang model mo para di naputol ang roof mo.sakin cool ang render mo.

Salamat sa comment sir...i'll keep that in mind.

Crainelee wrote:ang ganda ng pagkagawa mo dito sir.
i luv it....

good job.

thank you..
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by miniman Tue May 18, 2010 2:57 am

ganda nang banat mo dito sir ed... galing.. my be comment kulang sir is cguro mas maganda if kita lahat nang roof mo. na cut kasi.. lighting ang galing.. more power sir ed..
miniman
miniman
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 08/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Tue May 18, 2010 3:01 am

miniman wrote:ganda nang banat mo dito sir ed... galing.. my be comment kulang sir is cguro mas maganda if kita lahat nang roof mo. na cut kasi.. lighting ang galing.. more power sir ed..

oi miniman..salamat ng marami..noted ang comment...
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Tue May 18, 2010 9:10 am

As requested by sir kurdaps!, here is the draft plan, i could still work on it, as this is the very 1st scheme, but since this is not a real project, so it will have to wait till a free time comes around.

Ten By Fifteen - Page 2 Draftplan
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by arkitrix Tue May 18, 2010 10:12 am

wala na akong masasabing iba pade kundi galing... thumbsup
arkitrix
arkitrix
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 2199
Registration date : 16/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Tue May 18, 2010 10:20 am

arkitrix wrote:wala na akong masasabing iba pade kundi galing... thumbsup

Salamat padi, far from perfect, but nevertheless, i was able to model in under 4 hrs...yun talaga yung goal ng exercise na ito. More speed modeling sessions to come.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by rangalua Tue May 18, 2010 10:49 am

I like the design & rendition sir.
Mapping lang din siguro ng road.

Regards...
rangalua
rangalua
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 25/07/2009

http://rangaluastudio.carbonmade.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Tue May 18, 2010 6:40 pm

rangalua wrote:I like the design & rendition sir.
Mapping lang din siguro ng road.

Regards...

Salamat sir..try kong render ulit pag magka-oras ako...
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2