Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vray proxy missing when opening the scene on other pc

5 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Go down

vray proxy missing when opening the scene on other pc Empty vray proxy missing when opening the scene on other pc

Post by darkirender Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:09 am

hello po got a problem here. hope you cg gurus out there can help me. here's the scenario.i opened/merged an evermotion tree in an empty scene, converted it as a proxy and saved it as a max file. I did this process because i wanted to merge this max file containing the proxy tree into other files/scenes.so i made a new file and merged the max file containing the proxy tree.all is fine though. i saved this new file and provided a name.i even used "archive" and resource collector in the saving process so that all maps and geometries used in the scene will be collected. but when i opened the saved file/scene using other computers the proxy tree is missing. anybody out there who knows how to resolve the missing proxy??should i saved also the vrmesh files as well?
darkirender
darkirender
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 23/12/2009

Back to top Go down

vray proxy missing when opening the scene on other pc Empty Re: vray proxy missing when opening the scene on other pc

Post by SunDance Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:12 am

darkirender wrote:hello po got a problem here. hope you cg gurus out there can help me. here's the scenario.i opened/merged an evermotion tree in an empty scene, converted it as a proxy and saved it as a max file. I did this process because i wanted to merge this max file containing the proxy tree into other files/scenes.so i made a new file and merged the max file containing the proxy tree.all is fine though. i saved this new file and provided a name.i even used "archive" and resource collector in the saving process so that all maps and geometries used in the scene will be collected. but when i opened the saved file/scene using other computers the proxy tree is missing. anybody out there who knows how to resolve the missing proxy??should i saved also the vrmesh files as well?

i dont think that the proxy file comes along w/ archiving. What i do is i manually copy the vraymesh file to my archived scene.
SunDance
SunDance
The Scavenger
The Scavenger

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 23/09/2008

Back to top Go down

vray proxy missing when opening the scene on other pc Empty Re: vray proxy missing when opening the scene on other pc

Post by darkirender Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:49 am

ok po sir sundance. pansin ko nga po wla sa archive ung vrmesh ng proxy.maybe those files caused the problem.try ko manual copy. Very Happy
darkirender
darkirender
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:39 pm

darkirender wrote:ok po sir sundance. pansin ko nga po wla sa archive ung vrmesh ng proxy.maybe those files caused the problem.try ko manual copy. Very Happy

You can also use resource collector under utilities more reliable for me..

ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by darkirender Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:31 am

salamat din po sir architectura.
darkirender
darkirender
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggz Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:49 am

-use asset tracking
-check if everything is there
-achive it
-then you can bring your achived file to the other pc,,,
hope it helps...
Muggz
Muggz
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 03/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by uwak Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:45 am

SunDance wrote:
darkirender wrote:hello po got a problem here. hope you cg gurus out there can help me. here's the scenario.i opened/merged an evermotion tree in an empty scene, converted it as a proxy and saved it as a max file. I did this process because i wanted to merge this max file containing the proxy tree into other files/scenes.so i made a new file and merged the max file containing the proxy tree.all is fine though. i saved this new file and provided a name.i even used "archive" and resource collector in the saving process so that all maps and geometries used in the scene will be collected. but when i opened the saved file/scene using other computers the proxy tree is missing. anybody out there who knows how to resolve the missing proxy??should i saved also the vrmesh files as well?

i dont think that the proxy file comes along w/ archiving. What i do is i manually copy the vraymesh file to my archived scene.

i do the same process.... thumbsup
uwak
uwak
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 04/01/2009

http://ravenvillareal.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darkirender Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:28 am

archive tracking?? sige try ko din po .salamat!
darkirender
darkirender
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down