Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convert all object maps to Jpeg in one go?

2 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Go down

Convert all object maps to Jpeg in one go? Empty Convert all object maps to Jpeg in one go?

Post by chobs Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:46 am

Hi CGPinoy.

I hope anybody can give me advice here.

Ok here is the scenario that I am right now. I imported bunch of AXYZ People (Object) that contain maps that are TIFF and BMP. Some of them are 15mb size. Now we know that with this big size it can slow done the rendering or use up more memory when we work right?

Now the question: How do I convert these maps to jpeg and update my objects in batch process given that I will be using the same file name but of course in a different extension?

BTW, I am using this low poly entourage to populate a scene which is massive. I plan to convert them in Vrayproxy and use Advance Painter to scatter them.

I hope my question is clear. Thank you in advance.
chobs
chobs
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 30/09/2009

http://www.jhanphillipco.tk

Back to top Go down

Convert all object maps to Jpeg in one go? Empty Re: Convert all object maps to Jpeg in one go?

Post by bokkins Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:03 am

I think you can use the same image and convert it to jpeg low res, then use the same image to you model. the information is in the model, not in the image. as long as it will be resize in the same proportion, nothing will happen. good luck! Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Convert all object maps to Jpeg in one go? Empty Re: Convert all object maps to Jpeg in one go?

Post by chobs Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:09 am

Hi Bokkins. Thanks for replying. I tried converting the TIFF and BMP files to JPEG while preserving the filename of it. After I restarted the scene, it was already looking for the TIFF and BMP file still and does not recognize the JPEG's that I've converted. I'll try it again though.
chobs
chobs
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:42 am

syempre talagang maghahanap un.. kce buong filename ang hinahanap nyan.. WITH THE EXTENSION ..
so dun sa POP UP BOX, pag browse mo e di un JPG file ang piliin mo ..

or better use the eye dropper, tas click mo un object,, then lalabas sa materials un .. dun mo na iedit .

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:54 am

yup, hindi talaga mahanap yun kasi sa extension hindi na pareho. What im saying is, iload mo yung jpeg sa isa sa mga bilog mo sa materials editor at ilagay mo dun sa object na yun.

para naman mas organized, gawin mo muna sila one by one sa isang file saka mo imerge. good luck!
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by chobs Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:11 am

Ah ic. So there is no way to batch process it. We have to manually change each material talaga. Alright, guess I don't have any choice then. Thanks for the reply guys.
chobs
chobs
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:35 am

cguro yung time na naguusap tayo dito, mga naka 100 times or more na tayong nakapagconvert ng images ng mga models. hehe. It's not so much of a process, iilan lang naman ang axyz models. Smile

best process cguro for this is convert all images at once sa photoshop using file>script>image processor. Then copy all models into 1 folder para sa lowres version. then isa isa mong imerge sa scene. get material, tapos pag nakuha mo na ang material, change bitmap nalang with your new jpegs. You can use it for your future projects pa. good luck! Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by chobs Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:11 am

Hehe... Good point Bokkins. I have no problem with converting the materials one by one (that's what I did) but the same situation will arise again in the future at least I'll have a better approach. Very Happy As for now, I will be those converted material to my library. Thanks so much with the info.
chobs
chobs
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down