Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EXCALIBUR.XBR.

+5
torvicz
tutik
celes
bokkins
v_wrangler
9 posters

Go down

EXCALIBUR.XBR. Empty EXCALIBUR.XBR.

Post by v_wrangler Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:18 am

Excalibur. For those of you who are hearing those words for the first time, Excalibur, or XBR, is the restructuring of 3ds Max. We decided that for 3ds Max to remain relevant for the next 20 years, we'd have to restructure a substantial portion of it. Instead of trying to do this in a single release (and blowing up everyone's training/knowledge) we've decided to do it in 3 major phases. These phases do NOT equate to releases and we're not releasing much more information than this. I will say that our first phase was mostly delivered in 3ds Max 2010, but some key parts didn't make the release. We're not releasing much more of the details publicly (sorry).

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/ken/the_au_experience_and_excalibur

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/ken/excalibur_xbr_notes

As a long time 3dstudio and 3dsmax user. I feel too old to learn how to drive a new car. All I wanted was to drive. But hey, who says you can't teach an old fart new tricks. Exciting!
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

EXCALIBUR.XBR. Empty Re: EXCALIBUR.XBR.

Post by v_wrangler Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Haha. Walang naka-gets yata. In layman's term, Excalibur is your next generation 3dsmax. Divided intop three phases, max2010 is the first one - so two more before max finally gets it's long awaited overhaul.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:48 pm

di ko din nagets V. excalibur seems to be very old to be metaphor. santa
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:51 pm

I hope by this old metaphor they can now retro save :p
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Ayaw lang ng autodesk na ma-shock ang mga users. Sayang nga naman ang lahat ng workflow at nakasanayan na rin. That7s why they decided to overhaul max nang pasimple. I'm sure there will be changes under the hood also sa UI at workflow. So it's better that we all try to be attentive para di tayo mapag-iwanan.

I feel like 1997 again. I started working in 3D the early 90's using 3Dstudio in dos. It was a big shock for me when 3dstudio met it's death and 3dsmax came in 96-97. It was really intimidating and I feel history repeating itself. But I'm ready, and I feel excited.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:56 pm

mushroom wrote:I hope by this old metaphor they can now retro save :p

Hahaha.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:27 pm

they will modulize things. like character animation features will be a separate module, like a plug-in. so you pay only for the features that you want.

EXCALIBUR.XBR. 10167288@N07
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Number of posts : 1715
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:33 pm

this is cool. pro sana nga pay only what you want or need. para mapasok sa smaller markets. this is gonna be a breakthough pag nangyari yun. $1k price for the basic module will make a big difference. 2thumbsup
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:23 pm

Lover boy thanks for sharing...tama ka! parang bumabalik ung mga nakaraang bago palang satin ung 3dsmax from 3dstudio, ngayon eto nanaman!

welcome naman saken lahat ng mga ganito, ang kaso lang tumatanda na talaga tayo hehehe, and sometimes you just want to stick with what you have, pero no choice but to upgrade otherwise you'll be eating somebody's dust...
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Number of posts : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 pm

at the end of the day, its about boosting sales. di pa natin talaga masasabi ngayon kung magkano nga at ano magiging effect sa present workflows natin. of course we are open, as users pero ang worry nasa part nung magbabayad (companies) dahil modulized man o hindi, mahal pa rin ang softwares at plugins. pero ginagamit nila ito as warning to skeptic buyers/upgraders not to wait for the next version to arrive. the time to buy/upgrade is now, kc sila din apektado ng recession =)

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:58 pm

business as usual....
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Number of posts : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:00 am

there goes the warning, buy max 2010 now than pay more later (i should get a commission from this) tongue

Last edited by tutik on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:02 am

tutik wrote:at the end of the day, its about boosting sales. di pa natin talaga masasabi ngayon kung magkano nga at ano magiging effect sa present workflows natin. of course we are open, as users pero ang worry nasa part nung magbabayad (companies) dahil modulized man o hindi, mahal pa rin ang softwares at plugins. pero ginagamit nila ito as warning to skeptic buyers/upgraders not to wait for the next version to arrive. the time to buy/upgrade is now, kc sila din apektado ng recession =)

This is of course correct. No offense meant that's why I'd say Max is only for serious buyers/users. I would always advise everyone who has invested much on the software to jump on the subscription bandwagon. Without subscription - the upgrades would bloat the software cost to almost a double.

That's why I am always tempted to include MR and Blender to our range of applications.

Some clients come to me and ask why we are a bit more expensive than Chinese companies - I always tell them we invest lots of money for software and that aside from paying for quality, being legit always gives our clients the confidence and security that their projects will never come to a hault because we aren't subject for the raids.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mammoo_03 Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:45 pm

i guess sir there is always room for improvements, i guess autodesk is preparing for the upcoming new age cpu (processors and video cards, etc.).
mammoo_03
mammoo_03
The Exhibitioner
The Exhibitioner

Number of posts : 2417
Registration date : 20/09/2008

http://www.coroflot.com/archmlcm

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:07 pm

mammoo_03 wrote:i guess sir there is always room for improvements, i guess autodesk is preparing for the upcoming new age cpu (processors and video cards, etc.).

a version for the Mach Kernel would be great and a Backburner for Linux as well. i hope santa would be kind enough to grant these.

tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryker Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:52 pm

mushroom wrote:I hope by this old metaphor they can now retro save :p

hahaha i hope autodesk consider this...! Very Happy
Stryker
Stryker
The Architect
The Architect

Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 12/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by pricklypineapple Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Excalibur. For those of you who are hearing those words for the first time, Excalibur, or XBR, is the restructuring of 3ds Max.
actually means:...We know you've all heard this 'new ' thing before....well, guess what. we're doing it again!

We decided that for 3ds Max to remain relevant for the next 20 years, we'd have to restructure a substantial portion of it.
...we kinda screwed up on our previous releases so, what the heck 20 yrs from now most of you wont be into 3D. Actually we wouldn't know exactly what technology will be like in 20 years. But what is relevant is $$$, and making more of it. Milk it baby, milk it!

Instead of trying to do this in a single release (and blowing up everyone's training/knowledge) we've decided to do it in 3 major phases.

..cuz we actually havent really fixed the bugs completely, so we just cant release it in one big one.

These phases do NOT equate to releases and we're not releasing much more information than this. I will say that our first phase was mostly delivered in 3ds Max 2010, but some key parts didn't make the release. We're not releasing much more of the details publicly (sorry).

...cuz like we mentioned, it's not finished yet. Anyway, so we're planing to sell you these modules 'cheaper'...but in the end of the day, we'l find a way such that you'll need the rest- thus paying more. And we can have the excuse that, hey your module's not complete hence the software glitches. Again, we're not releasing anything til we fully monopolized the 3D software commercial industry....Maya, XSI, Mudbox, whatever....almost ours...hmmm. Give us 20 years. It'll be all ours tongue
pricklypineapple
pricklypineapple
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 19/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by chillrender Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:27 am

Makisali lang po kahit hindi english ang language ko, siguro madami naman pinoy dito Smile, sa hindi makaintindi paki translate nalang po Super Moderator. Para sa akin lang maganda talaga ang slides nila, kahit na baguhan lng ako sa 3dsmax. mag dadalawang taon palang ako sa 3dsmax ang masabi kulng is dapat i Open Source na nila gaya ng SketchUp para malaman talaga nila kng ano ang mga hinanaing ng bawat users. Pero sa tingin ko malabo siguro, alam naman natin ang Autodesk hehehe.. yun lng po...hindi na ako makahintay sa lalabas pang bago, panalangin kulng na sana magaya nila ang UI ng SketchUp..
chillrender
chillrender
Super Saiyan Hukage
Super Saiyan Hukage

Number of posts : 840

http://www.chillfree4all.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down