Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dark output

+6
edosayla
v_wrangler
render master
ejcapili
Nico.Patdu
Tracer
10 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Go down

dark output Empty dark output

Post by Tracer Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Mga master help naman, im having problems with may output in max 2009 vray sp2, maliwanag naman sya pag final render na as in sufficient ung lights nya, but when isave the output as .bmp and icheck ko sa photoviewer dark na sya, bago naman ung monitor ko, i dont know what is the problem?? or i have to deal with the settings of the monitor, if somebody can help me,
salamat, more powers to CGP!!!
Tracer
Tracer
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 08/09/2009

Back to top Go down

dark output Empty Re: dark output

Post by Nico.Patdu Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:38 am

Tracer wrote:Mga master help naman, im having problems with may output in max 2009 vray sp2, maliwanag naman sya pag final render na as in sufficient ung lights nya, but when isave the output as .bmp and icheck ko sa photoviewer dark na sya, bago naman ung monitor ko, i dont know what is the problem?? or i have to deal with the settings of the monitor, if somebody can help me,
salamat, more powers to CGP!!!

try nyo ienable yung sa frame buffer ser yung "view frame buffer" yata, ang mangyayari nun kung ano ang itsura sa final render ganun din ang itsura nya sa saved image.
Nico.Patdu
Nico.Patdu
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1406
Registration date : 03/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ejcapili Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:48 am

try to save as .tga or .png sir, it might work..cheers!! thumbsup
ejcapili
ejcapili
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 03/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:11 am

see image below
dark output Gamma10
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 3274
Registration date : 27/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:02 am

That is dangerous proposition master!

Tracer,

Do not mess with gamma if you are not rendering with LWF or do not know what you're doing.

First, check your gamma setting - if it is off, then what you see is what you get no matter where you view the render.

If you are rendering with LWF, make sure that when you save the image, you save with the same gamma. For example, if the gamma is on (normally at 2.2), you should save the image using a 2.2 gamma just the same.

If you do not know what a gamma is - do not use it and use the default setting which is OFF.

RenderMaster's 1.8 value is not entirely correct although it depends on your monitor calibration. The usual is 2.2. So 1.8 might look correct on his monitor - it might not be on yours.

Also, check if your photoviewer has a gamma setting - make sure it is off.

What happens when you load the image to photoshop?
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edosayla Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:06 am

Yup master .. tama c master v .. 2.2 is the usual gamma correction .. better do it on photoshop tapos kung print na .. print mo using photoshop manage color .. para mag match lng .. Smile
edosayla
edosayla
The Teacher
The Teacher

Number of posts : 1367
Registration date : 06/10/2008

http://www.pinoycad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:42 am

v_wrangler wrote:

RenderMaster's 1.8 value is not entirely correct although it depends on your monitor calibration. The usual is 2.2. So 1.8 might look correct on his monitor - it might not be on yours.
Yah you are right and thanks.... i just want them to show that both the output and the input value
must be the same with the gamma settings. Gamma 1.8 is not preferable settings, it must be 2.2. But since im using two diffirent monitor ( lcd and the other is the old type na masakiit sa mata) kaya i always set it on 1.8, kapag naka 2.2 kase mahirap iadjust doon sa isang monitor. sa 1.8 valu nag-meet iyong dalawang monitor namin kaya iyon ang ginawa naming usual setup.

As tracers situation, the image is quite light and when he save it was dark, kaya i assume na magkaiba ang gamma value nya sa image output.
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:02 am

render master wrote:see image below
dark output Gamma10

The problem with the above is two fold:

1. The gamma value is not universal
2. The Affect Color Selector and Affect material Editor check boxes were unchecked

leaving no. 2 unchecked will show you a different view (dark) of the materials, and since we all start with materials to compose the look, this will cause confusion because what you see in the material editor (bitmaps and materials) will no longer be the same as the resulting render.

You'll end up suprised and back to same ol problem - "Whatda ... my materials looked correct but when I rendered they looked washed out or dark...!"

If the rendering output looks different from your zbuffer, more or less somebody tinkered with gamma. Turning it off is the first best solution.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:14 am

scratch whatever - i just show them that when gamma value is active ( i assume its active) and so input gamma and out gamma will be the same with the gamma settings, so the image on frame buffer will be the same when you save.
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:27 am

Me pa whatevr whatevr ka pang alam ha Smile

The idea you say is entirely correct - but the image that supports that idea has other information which contradicts the very same idea.

And I have to correct the information, ....whatever! ( I got to try saying one of those! Smile

To tracer - I will repeat, make sure gamma is left at deault setting (OFF) don't touch it and you'll have no visible problem.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:31 am

ay sya simple lang naman eh, so eto kinorrect ko na, my apology for the first image i posted.
dark output Gamma210

note: gamma value might be diffirent for each monitor, im using two diffirent monitor kaya ganyan ang settings ko. if in doubt with your settings, off nyo na lang ang gamma para kapag nagsave kayo di magbabago ang brightness "ng image nyo. "Turning it off is the first best solution" courtesy of Sir Vertex

Thanks Vertex for keen eye observation.
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay2x Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:38 am

sir master render... try niyo yung linear work flow .. tapus to calibrate the monitor.. it will get rid of the level's of gray and rgb as well thumbsup
Jay2x
Jay2x
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 09/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by A.K.A. Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:49 am

every discussion about LWF really confused me.

nakakalito kasi kung susundan mo ang method e napakadali naman pero hindi ba't kelangan ng monitor calibrator talaga and not the "to good to be true" na do it yourself approach?

ang impression ko tuloy kahit ano pa ang gawin mong gamma correction kung hindi naman eto pinadaan sa legit hardware or tools na gamma corrector e it will not serve its purpose. meaning "AKALA" lang ay naset na ung gamma ng maayos pero hindi pa rin pala.

please correct me on this.
A.K.A.
A.K.A.
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 25/10/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:55 am

Tama ka aka.

Don't do it if you do not have the hardware to measure the gammas. because it is pointless.

Gamma isnt just about numbers.

So don't join the bandwagon if you are in the middle of a project and if you do not know what you are getting into.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by A.K.A. Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:04 am

^ thanks v_wrangler

how many times i was tempted to use it but when the results never got consistent i decided to leave the gamma as it is and pagipunan muna ang pangbili ng pangcalibrate.
A.K.A.
A.K.A.
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by pedio84 Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:33 pm

thanks for the info mga sirs.so kailangan pala talaga ng hardware para ma calibrate yung monitor ng maayos.matanong ko lng din po about dun sa link na binigay ni sir_v iyong quick gamma,every time na i ra run ko siya, naka set na ng 2.19, sa nabasa ko po all lcd monitors are calibrated to 2.2 gamma unlike the crt monitors, pero magkaiba pa din ang output ng render ko sa office at render ko dito sa bahay they are both lcd.paano kaya to? scratch

oooops O.T na ba ako? sorry po bom
pedio84
pedio84
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1421

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:23 pm

I do not remember giving away links to quick gamma, but allow me to elaborate what the hardware calibrator does:

The hardware calibrator is like a small sensor that you attach to your screen, whether its a crt or lcd.

Once you run the software that controls the hardware, it will measure the RGB levels along with the grey values (B&W). You will then adjust the RGB values of the monitor manually to create a leveled RGB. For every adjustment you make, the calibrator will measure it and tell you whether the RGB colors are even, and if the resulting gamma is near, off or perfectly matched to the target GAMMA you wanted (usually 2.2).

Once the calibrator hardware/software tells you the colors are OK - then you are done. The calibrator then outputs a color profile that your graphics card will read when the machine starts. You can also use the same color profile made by the calibrator for use in your photoshop work if you wish to.

You then repeat the same process to another PC/Monitor.

If you run the process successfully - whatever you view in Monitor A will be exactly similar in terms of colors and gamma to Monitor B.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:26 pm

May hardware vib... este... calibrator kami dito... Gusto nyo hiramin?... Kaya lang paalam muna kayo kay Vertex... Kanya to eh... Hehehehehe...
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Number of posts : 3372
Registration date : 21/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:43 pm

cloud20 wrote:May hardware vib... este... calibrator kami dito... Gusto nyo hiramin?... Kaya lang paalam muna kayo kay Vertex... Kanya to eh... Hehehehehe...

Hehehe, punasan mo pre ang vib pagkagamit ha.... Smile
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pedio84 Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:53 pm

hehehehe nakalimutan mo na pala sir_v? naipost mo yung link sa lwf poll na thread.
once again sir lover boy thank you!! i'll do some research too para mas maliwanagan pa ng husto.

pahabol po pala anong suggest nyo po na brand?mura lang po ba yan? lol! sana available dito sa kinaroroonan ko lol!
pedio84
pedio84
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 pm

I'm sorry must be the age, makakalimutin na ako...

To give you an idea about price:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=monitor+calibrator&x=0&y=0
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pedio84 Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:19 pm

ok lng po yun sir_v meron din akong kilalang mas matinding makalimot, thanks din po sa link affordable lang pala. subukan ko din mag canvass dito. more power po Very Happy
pedio84
pedio84
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracer Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:10 am

Salamat po mga master sa mga suggestion, i solved my problem, thanks a lot 2thumbsup
Tracer
Tracer
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 08/09/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by A.K.A. Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:38 am

kunting katanungan lang ulit.

1.8 ba ang tamang value pag lcd and 2.2 kung crt?
A.K.A.
A.K.A.
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down