Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

some of my 3d renders..

+7
ARCHITHEKTHURA
jhames joe albert infante
kurdaps!
Muggz
jenaro
v_wrangler
evil_hanzel
11 posters

Go down

some of my 3d renders.. Empty some of my 3d renders..

Post by evil_hanzel Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:35 am

all are made and rendered using Dialux (light program). all lighting are accurately modeled by the said program. all light are from actual existing light fixtures using .ldt / .ies data.

no post processing or whatsoever. Very Happy

sorry about the watermark. i had issues before about someone using my images for their own purposes and editing my images without permission

some of my 3d renders.. Exterior_3d_1_by_evil_hanzel

some of my 3d renders.. Living_room_3d_by_evil_hanzel

some of my 3d renders.. Japanese_bar_3d_by_evil_hanzel

some of my 3d renders.. Hallway_3d_by_evil_hanzel

some of my 3d renders.. Entertainment_area_3d_by_evil_hanzel

some of my 3d renders.. Pool_area_3d_by_evil_hanzel

most of my works here, although not much 3d

http://evil-hanzel.deviantart.com

comments please

TFL
evil_hanzel
evil_hanzel
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 14/09/2009

Back to top Go down

some of my 3d renders.. Empty Re: some of my 3d renders..

Post by v_wrangler Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:40 am

You may remove the marks as they tend to be too dstracting. I am sure you are safe with CGP. I am not familiar with the lighting application you mentioned but based on what I see - I do not think they were set up to look physically correct.

I do not know if you are aiming for the photoreal look or simple presentation quality - but your resndering style has a very distinct scanline look.

If you are gearing for a photoreal look - I'm am sure that the current renders can be improved.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_hanzel Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:57 am

ill remove the watermarks later. the scan like look may be because of me downsizing the pictures? Very Happy

the light application are set up to be the exact way the light would come down from the fixture. we have been using this software to accurately model how light would fall on a certain area/object and how it would affect the surrounding.

all the renders are first calculated prior to rendering to find out if enough lux/lighting levels are generated for the usage of the area(int he floor, workplane area, walls and objects). after we determine if we have enough lux levels on the room then we proceed to rendering it.

the program and our office's main priority is to give light and accurately model how the light will behave (of a certain light fixture) in an area.

we use photometric data that we directly get from the lighting fixture manufacturers from europe and US.

as lighting consultants, we need to achieve the correct/perfect illumination using photometric data, and thus the renders are somewhat a second priority
evil_hanzel
evil_hanzel
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by jenaro Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:10 am

nice work here,medyo madilim lang ung mga scene.cguro sa monitor ko lang pero calibrated naman ito using gamma 2.2,btw welcome sa cgp! thumbsup
jenaro
jenaro
Peter Pran
Peter Pran

Number of posts : 3132
Registration date : 22/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:11 am

Allow me to make it a bit clearer.

Assuming that the Lighting datas were physically correct - their illumination does not give justice to the materials in the scene. I do not know the level of rendering quality that is of use in your company but I personally think that they can be highly illustrated using some aspects of photorealism. Which is obviously absent in the renderings above.

I understand that each project has differing requirements - but since you did not mention if there was any attempt at all for photorealism - I did not intentionally discus how to go about it - for the reasons above as well as I am totally clueless to your lighting and rendering application.

In 3dsmaxspeak, Physical Lighting via Photometrics/IES is possible btw.

Last edited by v_wrangler on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggz Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:12 am

nakaka distract lang sir yung watermark sir,,pwede mo naman siguro paliitin,,anyways nice sets of designs,,,
Muggz
Muggz
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 03/02/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_hanzel Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:25 am

@v_mrangler: i understand your point sir. models are vray rendered from dialux. dialux may not be the best 3d program, but it is (i believe) the best in light calculation software out there, which is our profession.

we may not be the best in photorealism , but we try to be the best in accurate lighting simulation. we actually test out each materials/textures reflectancy/roughness and get actual data from clients before doing any rendering. we are actually trying to improve the photreal rendering, but lighting is still our main priority, which means the numbers, lux levels, and other technical aspects.

but phtometric data entered in dialux gives different levels when entered in 3dmax (we already tested photometric n 3dmax). levels and data coming from dialux are the same as the actual real world lighting behavior. some of those pictures are already finished projects (umu-dusit restaurant & j-tower) and what we presented are already close to the real life counterparts. when we tested for the actual lux levels in our finished projects, we did achieve the simulated/calculated levels.

photorealism for us is different from reality. we make our renders (surafces/lighting/textures) be as perfect as possible to reality, as how nature and the environment would be. we have 3dmax and SU modellers here in the office also but we still rpefer to use dialux for its ACCURACY with lighting.

anyways, thanks for all the comments. i get this a lot from people who see our work, since our program is something that most people do not know of.

Very Happy

Last edited by evil_hanzel on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
evil_hanzel
evil_hanzel
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:29 am

Would you mind posting the real photo of the finished projects as well?

Welcome to CGP by the way.....more to learn from your lighting products. Wink
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jhames joe albert infante Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:35 am

N ot bad.. welcome to cgp sir.. thumbsup
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 2733
Registration date : 18/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:43 am

kurdaps! wrote:Would you mind posting the real photo of the finished projects as well?

Yeah i guess it would be better if we can see the real photo of finished projects so we can determined how accurate this software is in terms of lighting. thumbsup
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_hanzel Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:44 am

kurdaps! wrote:Would you mind posting the real photo of the finished projects as well?

actually we don't have lighting products, we are consulatants sir. we don't sell fixtures, but we offer consulting services and design services. if a client has a specific brand in mind, we can test it, but we often test, simulate, calculate and specify the client which specific lighting fixtures he should take for a particular project.

here is a side by side comparo
some of my 3d renders.. 3d_versus_real_by_evil_hanzel

left is 3d, right is finished project. no post processing on either image. will try to find some more on my pc.

some of my 3d renders.. 3d_versus_real_2_by_evil_hanzel

same as above, 3d left, real right. and i erased the facilities name (hence the white line) as i am not allowed to say the client's project. Very Happy

btw most of the renders and the photos are from at least 2 years back.

Very Happy Very Happy

thanks for all comments. will try to improve on the rendering aspects, but on the light aspect we are already 100% confident. we are also working closely with the developers of the programfor further improvements. we are currently at version 4.7.

Very Happy

Last edited by evil_hanzel on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
evil_hanzel
evil_hanzel
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by jg1124 Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:52 am

Kamusta po sir! Medyo naiintindihan ko point nyo at nakita rin namin ng mga kasama ko site ng rendering engine nyo! Free software nga sya marami narin ang nakakaalam tungkol sa ies! lighting. Men kahit ordinary scanline kaya nitong palabasin ang simulation lighting ng IES. Lalo na kung Mental Ray or Raytrace ang ginamit nyo! Libre pa ng Max! Matanong ko lang ho! Lighting Supplier ba kayo o Design Concept! Magandang araw po!
jg1124
jg1124
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 23/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:53 am

Thanks for sharing the comparison.I would like to ask about the lighting setup. Lets say on the image above,you guys put the same intensity on 3d with regards to the actual lighting fixture?
ARCHITHEKTHURA
ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:53 am

evil_hanzel wrote:@v_mrangler: i understand your point sir. models are vray rendered from dialux. dialux may not be the best 3d program, but it is (i believe) the best in light calculation software out there, which is our profession.

we may not be the best in photorealism , but we try to be the best in accurate lighting simulation. we actually test out each materials/textures reflectancy/roughness and get actual data from clients before doing any rendering. we are actually trying to improve the photreal rendering, but lighting is still our main priority, which means the numbers, lux levels, and other technical aspects.

but phtometric data entered in dialux gives different levels when entered in 3dmax (we already tested photometric n 3dmax). levels and data coming from dialux are the same as the actual real world lighting behavior. some of those pictures are already finished projects (umu-dusit restaurant & j-tower) and what we presented are already close to the real life counterparts. when we tested for the actual lux levels in our finished projects, we did achieve the simulated/calculated levels.

photorealism for us is different from reality. we make our renders (surafces/lighting/textures) be as perfect as possible to reality, as how nature and the environment would be. we have 3dmax and SU modellers here in the office also but we still rpefer to use dialux for its ACCURACY with lighting.

anyways, thanks for all the comments. i get this a lot from people who see our work, since our program is something that most people do not know of.

Very Happy

One last note - otherwise my post will be lost in translation.
I do not prophecize Photorealism actually.
I am saying that I do not care really what numbers were dialed in the lighting simulation - whether they were real life values or not. But as a clueless image end user role player for example, I would not be convinced by looking at those images (first six images) - that indeed it was a physically correct lighting calculation.

Anyways, I took a look at the DIALUX webpage and saw that most renderings were either similar or of the same quality. So it begs the question - it is neither a necessity nor seemingly capable of what I professed.

If I was on my own and a lighting consultant - I'd probably use photmetrics and Physically correct lighting data and try to render them looking like how they would in real life. Photoreal. But that's just me Smile

Nice work on the cars btw.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_hanzel Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:00 am

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:Thanks for sharing the comparison.I would like to ask about the lighting setup. Lets say on the image above,you guys put the same intensity on 3d with regards to the actual lighting fixture?

yes. Very Happy actual light intensity, wattage and output from the photometric data of the manufacturer.

@v_wrangler. no worries, all is entitled to an opinion naman. well that is why we are a different consultant. we tend to not only show the images but with data and experience that we have. we have all accopmpanying data for all our concepts and we get all data from the client, up to the last picture frame in his home to accurately model his furniture arrangement or design. . the company being in the industry for long (even before i was hired) Laughing Laughing

we assure clients that our simulationas are accurate and it will show in reality the same. otherwise we would have lost a lot of high end clients already. Very Happy Very Happy
evil_hanzel
evil_hanzel
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by bakugan Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:44 am

welcome po dito sa cgp thanks for sharing your works. 2thumbsup
bakugan
bakugan
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 02/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by silvercrown Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Welcome sir! Nice renders!
silvercrown
silvercrown
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 05/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by manex Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:41 pm

welcome dito s cgp bro.. OT familiar skin ung 6th image mo bro kayo b yong consultant ng joy nostag tower sa ortigas?
manex
manex
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 971
Location : Sampaloc, Manila, Brooke's Point, Palawan, Philippines
Registration date : 12/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down