Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

animation question

+6
Kakashi
bokkins
v_wrangler
jhames joe albert infante
arkiedmund
pakunat
10 posters

Go down

animation question Empty animation question

Post by pakunat Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:28 pm

hi mga peeps. Im wandering how can i make my camera in walkthru slow and sometimes fast. right now im using path constraint. and its very useful po kung ma e explain nyo po ung lahat ng nasa constraints. newbie ako sa mga bagay na ito. mabuhay po kayong lahat
pakunat
pakunat
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3866
Registration date : 23/09/2008

http://www.3dppakunat.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

animation question Empty Re: animation question

Post by arkiedmund Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:31 pm

meron dun bro....set mo yung percentage niya para bumagal yung galaw ng camera at a certain point, then pwede din pabilisin...di ko maalala yung term...ginawa ko kasi dati yun sa isa namin project...tinuruan lang ako ni idol enigma...

Antayin natin si master vertex at si master mushroom...at si vitamins...sila mga bihasa dyan...
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by jhames joe albert infante Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:45 pm

hmmm animation, gusto ko rin nyan..

baka makatulong sir Adobe Premiere sir,mFlash, Video editing softwares .. o di kaya pinaka madali Windows media Player hehe, may slowMotions.. Very Happy
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 2733
Registration date : 18/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Path constraint defaults to Constant velocity. Which means your object will travel along the path at the constant speed. Although you can of course animate the percentage along path parameter where zero is the spline start and 100 is the other end.

If you uncheck the constant velocity parameter - max will then use the distance between two points (vertices) in your spline to determine the speed.

Take note that the default controller for path constraints is LINEAR - if you want more control you have to change it to bezier and adjust the f-curves.

If you are akready happy with your path animations and you just want it to slowdown to a halt, an easier way is to simply select the percent track and add an Ease Curve (Track View > Curves ). You can then adjust the ease curve keys to either slow down or speed up from a certain point in time.

This is like a slowmo- or fast forward in your video deck...

I have my own technique when setting up cameras to run along a path. I guess I have explained that here already in the past but I'll discuss again in my next post if needed.

Last edited by v_wrangler on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pakunat Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:17 am

v_wrangler wrote:Path constraint defaults to Constant velocity. Which means your object will travel along the path at the constant speed. Although you can of course animate the percentage along path parameter where zero is the spline start and 100 is the other end.

If you uncheck the constant velocity parameter - max will then use the distance between two points (vertices) in your spline to determine the speed.

Take note that the default controller for path constraints is LINEAR - if you want more control you have to change it to bezier and adjust the f-curves.

If you are akready happy with your path animations and you just want it to slowdown to a hault, an easier way is to simply select the percent track and add an Ease Curve (Track View > Curves ). You can then adjust the ease curve keys to either slow down or speed up from a certain point in time.

This is like a slowmo- or fast forward in your video deck...

I have my own technique when setting up cameras to run along a path. I guess I have explained that here already in the past but I'll discuss again in my next post if needed.

tnx po. noted lahat. i will wait for the update sir
pakunat
pakunat
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3866
Registration date : 23/09/2008

http://www.3dppakunat.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:43 am

you can also use the same path. add keys in between then move them to slow down a certain area. tanchahan lang to, babagal ang ibang areas while bibilis naman ang ibang areas.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakashi Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:38 am

jhames joe albert infante wrote:hmmm animation, gusto ko rin nyan..

baka makatulong sir Adobe Premiere sir,mFlash, Video editing softwares .. o di kaya pinaka madali Windows media Player hehe, may slowMotions.. Very Happy

video editing softwares does the speed control fairly easily and very practical to do however it makes the video frame rates suffer from such an obvious adjustments, it makes the tweening so visible and produces a very awful result unless of course you intend to show it as is. photoshop, after effects, premier, etc does make any image beautiful but it technically destroys the image. a nicely done raw image is the key (a virgin as they say), kaya yung mga big-time film company is very strict in terms of camera lense, frame-rate, lighting, video resolution, everything...

on topic:

yeah, controllable naman yung constraint percentage ng path constraint and ang suggestion ko is gawa ka ng dummy and yun ang i-path constraint mo then you parent the camera dun s dummy so that you can still move the camera freely while moving in a path that you make.

cheers thumbsup
Kakashi
Kakashi
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 28/06/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by artedesenyo Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:12 am

video editing
sa adobe premiere merong automatic nag add ng frame pag slower motion. kakatipid din sa render time.
artedesenyo
artedesenyo
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 05/11/2008

http://www.colosomichael.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aremuz Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi! just my two cents
Kung gusto mo ng slo-mo effect then bibilis (yung parang sa 300 na movie) merong tool sa after effects na
"Time ReMapping". It basically lets you remap your clip with just a few keyframes.
Pwede din magrender ka ng 60fps na sequential images. 60fps gives you more frames para hindi jagged ang magiging kalalabasan ng video mo kung sa post mo i-adjust ang bilis. pede mo na din baguhin from here sa post kung gusto mo 24fps, 30fps, 25fps etc...
aremuz
aremuz

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 05/10/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:21 pm

I will not suggest a 2D approach to slowmo unless your footage was taken at high frame rates. 2D or time remapps simly interpolates between frames. This is good for shrinking speeds not the other way around.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pedio84 Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:15 pm

sir pakunat pahirit na din ako dto sa thread mo.

mga master how about pressing this button?
animation question Untitled-1-3

before kasi sa 3ds max9 ngagamit ko yung W,A,S, and D for moving forward,backward ,left and right,
tsaka yung Q,Z,E and C to move faster ,slower, upward and downward,
ngaun sa 3ds max 2009 di ko mgamit instead yun arrow keys lng.

mas mganda sana yung ganun para k lng nglalaro ng sf. 2thumbsup

Last edited by pedio84 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
pedio84
pedio84
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1421
Registration date : 09/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by edosayla Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:17 pm

pakunat wrote:hi mga peeps. Im wandering how can i make my camera in walkthru slow and sometimes fast. right now im using path constraint. and its very useful po kung ma e explain nyo po ung lahat ng nasa constraints. newbie ako sa mga bagay na ito. mabuhay po kayong lahat

Meron akong lecture about moving camera's hintay mo lng sa tutorial section .. probable next week na yung topic na yun once matapos ko ang lecture about curves ..
edosayla
edosayla
The Teacher
The Teacher

Number of posts : 1367
Registration date : 06/10/2008

http://www.pinoycad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down