Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enising Inc's Photo+CG Montage "Behind the Scene"

+14
febx-tine
ytsejeffx
SunDance
valeriano-abanador
jefferson01
nomeradona
master_grayback
crayzard
bokkins
arkiedmund
Stryker
Alicecocoz
Jack n'd Box
v_wrangler
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Enising Inc's Photo+CG Montage "Behind the Scene" Empty Enising Inc's Photo+CG Montage "Behind the Scene"

Post by v_wrangler Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:27 am

At your request, Enising Inc.'s Resident Muse ma'am febx-tine wrote specially for all of you a quick tutorial on how we did the Photo+CG montage images here:

http://www.cgpinoy.org/architectural-f3/quick-montages-t4728.htm

If you have questions, shoot and we'll try to answer. I will expand on step no. 2 later.

From Photo+CG Montage Tutorial

If this tutorial helped you, please let us know, thank febx-tine and send us some cool photocgmontage images. If we like it - who knows we might even send you some work.

Goodluck.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Enising Inc's Photo+CG Montage "Behind the Scene" Empty Re: Enising Inc's Photo+CG Montage "Behind the Scene"

Post by Jack n'd Box Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:42 am

tnx a lot sir... ma init2x pa.. hinihintay ko to!! 2thumbsup is there any way we can view these images in big? hi-res? sori sir request lng po... 2thumbsup

Last edited by Jack n'd Box on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Jack n'd Box
Jack n'd Box
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 13/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Enising Inc's Photo+CG Montage "Behind the Scene" Empty Re: Enising Inc's Photo+CG Montage "Behind the Scene"

Post by v_wrangler Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:44 am

If you go to the link below the images:

It will take you to my Picasa site and you can download the original image there (2500+pix). I'll ask febx-tine to make a pdf copy later.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:51 am

As for efficient light matching, I will expand on that topic in this thread at a later time. Uwian na!
Well take it slowly although I do not want to confuse you. The concept is basically the same as this one I posted long ago.

From LIGHTING_TUT

Last edited by v_wrangler on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicecocoz Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:53 am

Great presentation still even with this tutorial. buttrock

If this tutorial helped you, please let us know, thank febx-tine and send us some cool photocgmontage images. If we like it - who knows we might even send you some work.

Is this addressed to max users?
Alicecocoz
Alicecocoz
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 19/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:56 am

We don't care what software you use, actually. But if it's max - we can always be there to help you if you have problems.

Important thing is, it has to be quick, fast and painless for you - otherwise we won't be able to afford you...
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryker Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:27 am

galeng...! thanks for the kindness... sir vertex...! thumbsup
Stryker
Stryker
The Architect
The Architect

Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 12/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicecocoz Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:45 am

Ok verts. This is a good opportunity for everyone. Malay nio d ba.
Alicecocoz
Alicecocoz
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 19/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:55 am

i wanna try it....it's making me curious...thanks for sharing sir...looking forward to additional inputs from you.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:19 am

arkiedmund wrote:i wanna try it....it's making me curious...thanks for sharing sir...looking forward to additional inputs from you.

Curiosity is the root of greatness. Pagpatuloy mo kabayan!
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:19 am

Thanks for these, really inspiring indeed. Makasideline nga sa enising. haha. keep it up guys! thanks sir V. buttrock 2thumbsup
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:35 am

Hahaha! Kaw pa, dami mo nang business eh. We'll talk bout that off-forum Very Happy
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by crayzard Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:51 am

kudos to ms. christine capucao for making this tutorial... sya kasi nag hahandle ng mga montage po..
crayzard
crayzard
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 29/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:00 am

Late ka bat ngayon ka lang. Salamat Cray as always for being the great apostle...

Very Happy
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by master_grayback Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:48 pm

saw some of the images sir V sa multiply buddy kita dun eh..hehehe pero d ko pa makita lahat ng images..bagal ng net ko.. Sad

kahit etong tutorial di rin..ban ata picasa dito sa dubai.

anyway panalo lahat ng images thumbsup
master_grayback
master_grayback
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 11/10/2008

https://s383.photobucket.com/albums/oo274/master_grayback/?albumv

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:34 pm

ang galing nga ni miss tine...at maganda pa, ang gaganda ng mga tine ng CGP...hihihi....

may napansin pa ako, pati mga jay sa CGP, magagaling din....

Back To Topic:

I managed to create a PDF version of the said tutorial. I'll try to host it somewhere, or just send me a PM, and i'll provide a copy.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks Arkiemund, feel free to distribute it.

Oo nga pala grayback. If you need a pdf - arkie is the man to bug!
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:15 pm

^^
My pleasure sir vertex...

We are excited on your in-depth discussion of step 2.... Smile
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:26 am

pwede pala ang ganito sa max... kala ko yugn Sketchup hanep dito. tagal na pala sa max ang ganito. thanks for putting it up roy. i guess i need to do the same thing in SU, paki silip nalang kung may recommendation ka especially paano i match yung ambience ng enviroment sa scene. meron kasi akong ginawang tutorial way way back and this is how to actually baked the actual picture background mismo sa scene. hope i could have more time to explain it later and indeed its a quickie yet parang ganito madaling maconvince yung viewer na kasama yung actual picture sa whole scene.
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Registration date : 22/09/2008

https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:08 am

nomeradona wrote:pwede pala ang ganito sa max... kala ko yugn Sketchup hanep dito. tagal na pala sa max ang ganito. thanks for putting it up roy. i guess i need to do the same thing in SU, paki silip nalang kung may recommendation ka especially paano i match yung ambience ng enviroment sa scene. meron kasi akong ginawang tutorial way way back and this is how to actually baked the actual picture background mismo sa scene. hope i could have more time to explain it later and indeed its a quickie yet parang ganito madaling maconvince yung viewer na kasama yung actual picture sa whole scene.

I was planning to write a more indepth explanation of matching the lighting later, but since you asked, I will try to sum that up briefly for the meantime.

Camera mapping:

We bake (Per Pixel Camera Map in maxspeak) the background photos to the simple enclosures (walls, floor, etc) so that we will have GI emitters that would simulate the general ambience of the scene. The purpose of the camera mapped walls or enclosures is actually two-fold:

1. As GI emitter

2. As raytrace reflectors
for 3d objects that should have reflections. I would really insist on putting reflective objects like vases, glass, etc because those objects, once they reflect the floors and wall and other elements in the background, they will serve as some sort of a tier - they create the illusion that the virtual objects in the scenes are actually part of the whole scenario. This is the same reason in vfx why we put reflective objects in the scene even though they aren't necessary. It's like magic - you trick the viewers into seeing and then believing that what they are seeing is real or part of the open space's reality.

So I repeat, the purpose of the camera mapped walls is to make them shoot GI and as an automatic environment map.

An added bonus of camera mapping is that since they stick to your meshes, you can also render them from another animated camera for quick 3d pans, or 3d zooms as long as the BG map's density permits. So you can make this single BG image act like they are 3D.

Now for light matching,

the first step is to place your lights in the same position as in the background picture. So if you have a ceiling light there, put a planar light or object light in its place, Now if you have openings like windows, you can make them hollow so that the direct light (sun) can get in. You can also put planar vraylights in there as skylight portals so they can pump in the GI from the environment. You can also put in the windows, camera mapped planes that are either strongly self-lluminated (high RGB values in the output rollot) or VrayLight Mapped. The added bonus of the latter is that they will also appear in the reflections like in real life.

The next step before you populate them with 3d objects is to test the lighting and shadows with a sphere or any simple object. I usually start them with a white material (some prefer grey - but greys doesn't burn out easily with strong lights and it defeats my purpose).

With the simple object in place, I try to find objects in the BG photo that I could assume as white-colored in real life. This could be walls, or paint, airconditioning units or any other element in the photo. Make test renders and try to mimic the same white balance in the dummy object by carefully adjusting the intensity of all light sources including the GI without touching the dummy object's white material. Do the same thing for shadows, adjust positions of lights or sizes so that they produce the same shadow angle and intensity.

Once you have done this and has acquired an acceptable white balance similar to the photograph, this is the time to put any object you wish.

Kahit ano pa ang ilagay mo dyan o anupaman angle - you will get a good overall match.

Di ko pala kayang i-brief! I just realized that it might be a little diffucult to understand without any illustrations, I'll try to cook up some illustrations soon.

Yung iba pang details at yong paraan ko sa pag mano-mano perspective match ay sa susunod na lang po.

I look forward to your tests in SU! Goodluck.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:33 pm

Very well explained sir...i copied your entire text to notepad....hahahaha....may utang na ako sa yo...hehehe....sisig lang naman katapat nito sir diba...

Looking forward to the other juicy bits of this concept.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by jefferson01 Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:11 am

y i cant view the pis??.... Sad
jefferson01
jefferson01
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post by valeriano-abanador Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:19 am

thanx sir for this, laking tulong to sa akin 2thumbsup
valeriano-abanador
valeriano-abanador
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 04/06/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:43 am

@sir vertex...you mentioned something about white balance.

We have that discussion about that at a thread on CG Discussions, but unfortunately, it suddenly shifted to discussing about LWF.

LET THE BALL ROLL AND HAVE SOMETHING DONE

So, with your permission, I'd like to repost PART ONE of the tutorial that you provided, on that thread, somewhere in the tutorial section, so we can finally finish that discussion on white balance as well.

I'll be waiting for your reply right here...

thank you..

Last edited by arkiedmund on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:51 am; edited 2 times in total
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by SunDance Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:46 am

ang galeng sir V... sana maging apostle moko...hehe buttrock
SunDance
SunDance
The Scavenger
The Scavenger

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 23/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum