Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIFFERENCIATE WHICH IS WHICH.......?????

5 posters

Go down

DIFFERENCIATE WHICH IS WHICH.......????? Empty DIFFERENCIATE WHICH IS WHICH.......?????

Post by archi_ram Sun May 10, 2009 12:08 am

I would like to know the difference in terms of speed which is more powerful and reliable in working 3d renders (LAPTOP VERSION)... I appreciate anybody who can give their suggestions and advise, tnx. peace man

Unit 1 :

AMD TURION X2 ULTRA DUAL CORE 2.3 GHZ.
4 GB DDR2 SDRAM
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 512 GRAPHICS

Unit 2 :

INTEL CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR 2.4 GHZ.
4 GB DDR3 RAM
ATI RADEON 512 GRAPHICS
archi_ram
archi_ram
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1130
Registration date : 13/04/2009

Back to top Go down

DIFFERENCIATE WHICH IS WHICH.......????? Empty Re: DIFFERENCIATE WHICH IS WHICH.......?????

Post by mammoo_03 Sun May 10, 2009 12:13 am

http://www.computing.net/answers/cpus/amd-turion-vs-intel-core-2-duo/15287.html

sir archi_ram, hope this thread help you.
mammoo_03
mammoo_03
The Exhibitioner
The Exhibitioner

Number of posts : 2417
Registration date : 20/09/2008

http://www.coroflot.com/archmlcm

Back to top Go down

DIFFERENCIATE WHICH IS WHICH.......????? Empty Re: DIFFERENCIATE WHICH IS WHICH.......?????

Post by bokkins Sun May 10, 2009 2:28 am

sa unang tingin pala bro. parang parallel systems yan. competing with each other at the same level. so for me, wala ka talagang makikitang difference gaano. minimal lang. Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by archi_ram Sun May 10, 2009 2:39 am

@ sir mammoo - thanks 4 d info.
@sir bokkins, almost the same level but different processor name, if so, are these specs compatible of running a 64 bit OS?
archi_ram
archi_ram
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Sun May 10, 2009 3:37 am

archi_ram wrote:@ sir mammoo - thanks 4 d info.
@sir bokkins, almost the same level but different processor name, if so, are these specs compatible of running a 64 bit OS?

i guess so bro. anything core 2 or higher can run 64 bit. Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiago3 Sun May 10, 2009 8:06 am

Doon ang vote ko sa second model ser (Intel). AlLthough halos parehas lang ang speeds ng processors, lamang konti ang may DDR3 RAM. DDR3 has a higher data-transfer rate (to and from CPU) compared to the older DDR2. Also, the Intel C2Duo has a slight edge against the AMD TUrion X2 in terms of speed.

Kahit sabihin nating negligible ang difference nila when it comes to the common applications (Office, Internet, Surfing, Phtoshop), it all adds up when the system starts the lengthly number crunching like 3D rendering Smile

That's my .2 cents Very Happy

Santiago3
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 16/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 10:28 am

bro nagtataka lang ako kasi compatible pala and DDR3 na ram sa core2duo? kala ko for corei7 yan e...

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Sun May 10, 2009 3:56 pm

kietsmark wrote:bro nagtataka lang ako kasi compatible pala and DDR3 na ram sa core2duo? kala ko for corei7 yan e...

sa quad din. Smile
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by archi_ram Mon May 11, 2009 11:20 pm

@ sir Santiago3 thanks for your suggestion...
How about a 32bit and 64bit OSs and programs, how does these diffrenciate with each other? I believe most users are using 32bit OS/programs, can 64bit run in a Core2 CPU with 2 gig RAM and a 512 graphics only? if so, any effects in this spec of a computer? Dami kong tanong sir, curious lang kasi ako dahil wala po masyado knowlwdge sa mga PCs...
archi_ram
archi_ram
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryker Tue May 12, 2009 12:52 am

the difference is not on the performance... ang AMD madaling mag init yan... kelangan mo ng reliable na cpu cooler jan.... compare to intel na nde basta basta nagiinit

check this out >>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIsr1R1qy1Y

thumbsup
Stryker
Stryker
The Architect
The Architect

Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 12/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiago3 Tue May 12, 2009 9:36 am

to sir archi_ram, no prob ser Smile

Yes sir tumatakbo ang 64bit sa Core2 Duo. Basically, a system made within the past 2 years should be able to run either 32bit or 64bit.

64bit OS definitely runs faster than 32bit, especially kung yung mga applications mo are 64-bit versions din (eg. 64bit Photoshop vs 32bit Photoshop). In simple terms 64bit OS processes as much as twice the amount of data handled by the 32bit OS. Although you can still run many 32-bit apps on a 64-bit OS, they dont perform as good as their 64bit siblings. Reason being that, the application and O/S will do a mapping (sort of translation) to wrap data into 64-bit format and vice versa. This additional step actually makes the process "slower".

To get the most of 64bit, you will need at least 4GB of RAM. More is better. Unlike 32bit OS which limits maximum RAM to about 3.2Gig (and that's how much a 32bit OS is able to utilize), 64bit OS is only limited to how much ram sticks your motherboard/system can physically accomodate Smile I see a lot of ppl wastefully spending $$ on more RAM (4GB or even more) with 32bit OS without knowing they can only utilize as much as 3Gig of it.

The most common problems ppl encounter with 64bit is driver issues. Many of the older devices didn' have 64bit drivers. But this is slowly changing now. Also, at the moment, Vista 64bit seems to be the "best" 64bit OS available.

You might also want to wait a little more sa release ng Windows 7. I have the Beta version installed in one of my OLDer laptops and I can tell you ang smooth neto, at ang bilis sa boot/startup! Hopefully, mananatiling ganito ang WIndows 7 on it's retail version, estiamted to release either end of this year or early next year.

Tama rin ang comment ni ser Stryker na madaling uminit ang AMD chips. With Intel, lalo na sa mga Centrino line, they eat much smaller current, therefore, they ran cooler Smile

Now i think that's quite a mouthful now.. hahaha.. but I hope that helps...

Santi

Santiago3
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 16/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by archi_ram Tue May 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Sir Santi thanks a lot for the great info you've shared, now i understand the difference between these two programs though medjo out of the question na of what being addressed in my querry....maraming salamat sir mabuhay kayo!!!! 2thumbsup
archi_ram
archi_ram
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum