Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ceiling & Flooring Patterns using Hatch

2 posters

Go down

Ceiling & Flooring Patterns using Hatch Empty Ceiling & Flooring Patterns using Hatch

Post by trying hard Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Hello CGpians!

Just want to share this simple technique that i always use whenever I'm working on ceiling or flooring related drawings or details. Matagal nang nasa hatch dialog box itong feature na ito pero di pinapansin ng karamihan.

I'm always surprised whenever I get a chance to work with other professionals (Architects or draftsmen), especially kapag pinoy dahil di nila ginagamit ang simpleng method na ito sa pag-layout ng tiles for Reflected Ceilings, Floor Patterns or even toilet details. Kasi ang ilan ang associative array command ang gamit (tapos explode) which is at least faster than  the tedious offset command which most cad users use.

If example we need to draw the Metallic or Acoustic tiles with 600x600mm size for office ceiling;

for autocad classic UI:
-hatch command
-Type and pattern category, set the Type as 'User defined'
-Angle and scale category, tick Double and set the Spacing to 600
-continue on the normal hatching procedures like selecting boundaries etc.

for Drafting and Annotation UI:
-hatch command
-Properties panel, set Hatch Type as 'User defined'
-set Hatch Spacing to 600
-click Properties panel to show the 'Double' option, click it to activate (if highlighted, it is activated)
-continue by selecting the boundary and other hatching procedures.

if you need to precisely locate the tiling along the lines of your hatch, first set osnaphatch command to 1 to enable the snaps to the hatch pattern. this will enable us to apply the 'Set Origin' option by selecting the hatch and you will see it on the ribbon above or right click(shortcut menu), or on the hatch dialogue box(Hatch origin/set new origin button) and just pick the point on your preferred origin. No need to explode hatch because osnaphatch is very handy also on locating the lighting and other fixtures in the case of ceiling plans. too bad snapping on the line intersections on the hatch does not work on 2016 version(not sure on 2015), but from versions 2014 & other earlier versions, snapping on hatch works well.

Kung rectangular ang pattern say 1200x600mm, I don't use the 'Double' option. Instead I'll create 2 hatches, 1 for each direction by still using the 'User defined' option. Most of the times I'll just customize it using the Hatchmaker.lsp(downloadable for free) para 1 hatch lang ang gagamitin ko.

Additional tip: put wipeouts on your blocks to serve as a mask for the hatch(tiles or textures). Blocks like fixtures of elec, ac & other systems shown on the ceiling. Even on toilet fixtures may it be plans or elevations. Just set the draw order of your hatch 'send to back' or use hatchtoback and you won't need to trim or explode the hatch patterns anymore. more so, if you have revisions this procedure makes drafting easy.

Hope these tips helps.
trying hard
trying hard
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 08/12/2011

Back to top Go down

Ceiling & Flooring Patterns using Hatch Empty Re: Ceiling & Flooring Patterns using Hatch

Post by ajsk_3041 Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:05 pm

Oo nga noh.. galing Sir,,, mga simple at useful na di na papansin.. Tanx po

ajsk_3041
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 30/12/2014

Back to top Go down

Ceiling & Flooring Patterns using Hatch Empty Re: Ceiling & Flooring Patterns using Hatch

Post by trying hard Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:31 pm

welcome sir!
trying hard
trying hard
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 08/12/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down