Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

project utopia: the repost

3 posters

Go down

project utopia: the repost Empty project utopia: the repost

Post by jadamat Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:28 pm

this was posted before in 3dp,,,i got nothing to post so far so i'll just re-post this one...project utopia was conceived as an architectural fantasy,,,raising towers of raw concrete against a forested landscape...before,,i thought that this was an ideal city,,,man and nature as one,,,yet i realized that this concept is dreadful to nature itself...concrete as we know absorbs much heat from the sun and release such heat during the night...we call that urban-heat -island...and now you know that living in this place is not cool after all...as a critique of my own,,i say this is just an example of most of us designers,,and i include myself...sometimes,we're only looking what makes us feel good but we don't consider what impact it could bring in the future...i hope this is a good insight that i could share with you...

credits to sir princessjay/masterboloi and sir sekwate for the final eye and crits of the output...how are you bays?hope you're doing both well...as for the rest,,c & c's are always welcome...
project utopia: the repost Meta_finalcg_small
jadamat
jadamat
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

project utopia: the repost Empty Re: project utopia: the repost

Post by ERICK Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:51 pm

grabe.. stunning... tuts naman jan.. on how you achieve this... from scratch.. hehehe
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Number of posts : 3907
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.ericktorio.tk http://www.coroflot.com/ericktorio

Back to top Go down

Post by jadamat Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:10 pm

ERICK wrote:grabe.. stunning... tuts naman jan.. on how you achieve this... from scratch.. hehehe

hello sir erick,,unfortunately,,wla na po akong maipakitang mga wip materials kasi this file was erased a long time ago..all i have is this single output..anyways,,a brief summary of its creation,..this was really an entry for that nvidia competition last year,,i forgot its title...the concept though is to create an environment of your extreme imagination...though this is not really that extreme...hihihi....the concept of the form is based upon that bamboo stalk,,or that bamboo that is in it's growing state(we get ubod from it and put it n our ngo-hiong)..then,,madesome sketches out of it,,,and this one emerged....i did the models in max,,,rendered in max,,,supposedly it should have that foggy thing effect from max,but its not that visually imposing...rendering took me the whole 24 hrs...this was post processed with sir princessjay/masterboloi and sir sekwate,,as the final crits of the output...we decided to have it somewhat in a dawn effect,,,to add drama,,,we thought...and this came out and the rest is history.. thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
jadamat
jadamat
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by demonpepper Sat May 09, 2009 3:36 am

fantastic work sir super galing 2thumbsup
demonpepper
demonpepper