Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Recover Corrupt Files in 3ds max

2 posters

Go down

How to Recover Corrupt Files in 3ds max Empty How to Recover Corrupt Files in 3ds max

Post by jinxson008 Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:06 am

I had just closed a file I am working on and when I tried to open it again an error keeps popping up which says "File Open Failed". After searching diligently in the internet I found many ways to solve it and I would like to share them in this community.

First Option:

Locate your auto-back up files in My Documents>3ds max>autoback. There are a bunch of files that the folder contains, just select which one is the most updated and you can work on your file again.

Second Option:

Open a new scene then import your corrupted 3ds max file. If you are able to merge all the objects into the scene then just re-save it to a new file. If perhaps you can't merge the entire objects just select the objects to be merged incrementally--one of the objects may be causing the file to be corrupt. But if you can't merge the file, continue to option 3.

Third Option:

This one worked for me because in my case, the other two options didn't. In the folder My Documents>3ds max>autoback, there is also a file named "MaxBack.bak" this is a back up of the file that is previously saved in 3ds max. Just change the filename to "MaxBack.max" and you should be able to open the file you were previously working on and re-save it to a new file name.

I don't know if there are any other options to recover corrupted files. Just post them in this thread if you have.  peace man
jinxson008
jinxson008
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 17/06/2010

Back to top Go down

How to Recover Corrupt Files in 3ds max Empty Re: How to Recover Corrupt Files in 3ds max

Post by i3dness Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:30 am

Nice! I wish I knew the third option long time ago coz I meshed up sometimes working with 3dsmax hippie
i3dness
i3dness
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 781
Registration date : 11/11/2008

http://www.ismaeldd30.carbonmade.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum