Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fastest way to close multiple-lines endpoints?

2 posters

Go down

Fastest way to close multiple-lines endpoints? Empty Fastest way to close multiple-lines endpoints?

Post by jomzkie23 Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi CGP CadExperts!
Boundary/Polyline commands are commonly used in computing areas & extruding in 3d cad modeling.
Is there an easy way to close all lines endpoints when creating a boundary/polyline in autocad?
For simple drawing/shapes, its easy to join all open endpoints using pedit command
But, for complex lines/plans like parks or site plans its really time consuming to determine the open
endpoints & close them all to create a boundary or polyline. I tried also hatch and create a new boundary/polyline.
But once you pick inside the boundary/polyline "valid boundary not found" will appear in window message box.
Hope you guys can help me on this topic. Thanks in advance!Smile
jomzkie23
jomzkie23
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Fastest way to close multiple-lines endpoints? Empty Re: Fastest way to close multiple-lines endpoints?

Post by trying hard Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:28 pm

with 2012, you just select all your polylines and check their properties, there's a parameter under misc that gives you an option to close all the polylines that you have selected or not. cant quite remember if its available with the earlier versions.
though you can try to increase your hpgaptol and it will ignore the gaps which is lesser than the value that you would set. max value is 5000 units. but beyond 5000 same problem applies, which i guess you really have to close the gap, i.e. using the procedure that ive mentioned above. hth
trying hard
trying hard
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 08/12/2011

Back to top Go down

Fastest way to close multiple-lines endpoints? Empty Re: Fastest way to close multiple-lines endpoints?

Post by trying hard Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:48 pm

by the way hpgaptol is for the hatch command and not for the closure of lines or for the boundary command. since you mentioned you tried to do the hatch technique, hpgaptol might help you with it. goodluck!
trying hard
trying hard
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by jomzkie23 Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:42 am

Thanks sir trying hard for the reply.
hpgaptol is new for me thanks for sharing.
Its now easy to get a boundary/area when using this command
But same problem when extruding in 3dcad. I guess its time to step up on cad2012 to enjoy the close polyline option.Thanks ulit master.Very Happy
jomzkie23
jomzkie23
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by trying hard Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:42 am

yup meron at meron pa ring hindi nya kayang isolve yan which you will still need to repair them manually. but it can help you speed up your work a little.

yung mga magagaling gumawa ng lisp at macro dapat ang nagshe-share. yun ang talagang mga masters.
trying hard
trying hard
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum